Author Topic: The Sex Thread: AKA "What are you wearing right now? ;)" (NC-17)  (Read 1413656 times)

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Sex Thread: AKA "What are you wearing right now? ;)" (NC-17)
« Reply #420 on: April 25, 2009, 10:02:12 am »
What's with the post editing?  ;D and no defining my pictures, Ronin!

CDSM: Cool! What bands do you like?

I am wearing... Jeans, and the t-shirt I slept in.

Bands from Finland I've found are Apocalyptica, Nightwish, Finntroll, and CMX (though only CMX really has most of their songs in Finnish), but I'm always on the lookout for more.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 25, 2009, 10:11:42 am »
What do you mean Finland has separate roots than scandinavia by the way? That's only true before the 13th century, after that, it was gradually incorporated into the emerging Swedish kingdom until the Russians conquered it and made it a grand-duchy that re-gained full independence in 1809 that they have fiercely protected since.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #422 on: April 25, 2009, 10:21:12 am »
What do you mean Finland has separate roots than scandinavia by the way? That's only true before the 13th century, after that, it was gradually incorporated into the emerging Swedish kingdom until the Russians conquered it and made it a grand-duchy that re-gained full independence in 1809 that they have fiercely protected since.

Well, I meant Finnish as a language derives from different linguistic lineage than North Germanic languages.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 25, 2009, 10:23:33 am »
Ah, that is true, but it doesn't separate it from scandinavia since the scandinavian native population has the same linguistic lineage, along with the Estonians. Swedish is an immigrated language, albeit early so.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 25, 2009, 11:57:37 am »
As much as I enjoy reading about my own country in this thread, it is still the sexy thread. In my language, "seksikäs keskustelu."  ;)

CDSM: Those are good ones, yes. Finntroll sings in swedish, though. ^^ Many don't know this, but Finland has two official languages... finnish and swedish. Even though only about 6% of the population speak Swedish, and we/they do it with this funny little accent that Swedes like to laugh at. (Don't you, Emp?)
...I also used to like Nightwish. Nowadays it's too poppy for me - I would have preferred if they chose another opera singer instead of Annette.

I'm not sexy today. I look like shit.
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

Malki

« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2009, 12:35:21 pm »
I find that extremely hard to believe.

Also, a woman can never judge her own body. You're all mentally ugly and fat >.>
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 12:37:07 pm by Malki »

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2009, 12:38:35 pm »
When I went over to Norway a few years ago found out  that Norwegian is very similar to Broad Scots. now there is a language that is dying out. 
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2009, 01:41:20 pm »
...I really do look like shit today, though.

Malki

« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2009, 01:47:49 pm »
Also, a woman can never judge her own body. You're all mentally ugly and fat >.>
I disagree.

What I meant by that is that you're all too obsessed about your appearance.
Answer me this - how much time do you spend in an average day on your appearance? This includes dressing up, putting on makeup, and staring at the mirror.
If that time is less than 15 minutes, I will happily take back my statement. However, I have not come across a single woman able to disprove me so far.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 25, 2009, 02:16:44 pm »
As much as I enjoy reading about my own country in this thread, it is still the sexy thread. In my language, "seksikäs keskustelu."  ;)

CDSM: Those are good ones, yes. Finntroll sings in swedish, though. ^^ Many don't know this, but Finland has two official languages... finnish and swedish. Even though only about 6% of the population speak Swedish, and we/they do it with this funny little accent that Swedes like to laugh at. (Don't you, Emp?)
...I also used to like Nightwish. Nowadays it's too poppy for me - I would have preferred if they chose another opera singer instead of Annette.

I'm not sexy today. I look like shit.

Naw, I think most swedes find the Finn dialect of Swedish charming, at least I do. But it might have to do with one of my oldest friends who was born in Vasa to Finnish and Icelandic parents, and due to weird circumstances, both my ex and my current girlfriend have finnish relatives.

And I don't belive you when you claim to look like shit, pics or I'll assume it's just a way to avoid compliments! ;D

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 25, 2009, 02:40:52 pm »

I can only assume that's because so many cultures demand that women be dolled up like... well dolls. It been happening for centuries, much more avidly in the past century or so, so much that it just seems like second nature.

But we digress from the topic of sexy.

Flannel pants and a t-shirt... Hurrah?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:46:54 pm by Pozf »
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

Malki

« Reply #431 on: April 25, 2009, 03:21:41 pm »

I can only assume that's because so many cultures demand that women be dolled up like... well dolls. It been happening for centuries, much more avidly in the past century or so, so much that it just seems like second nature.

Please explain the word "demand". I don't understand what you mean by that.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 25, 2009, 03:42:27 pm »

I think perhaps he means the way women will be laughed at and ridiculed unless they look like the culture wants them to look?

Edit: Goes for men, too! Looks may not be as important in men, but look at all the roles and behavioural-pattern males are expected to have!

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #433 on: April 25, 2009, 03:45:45 pm »
knew a mate of mine who would not go out the door unless his hair was gel in a certain way and with half a tub of the stuff on his hair. spent at LEAST half an hour in fornt of the mirror getting his hair right. me quick wash/shower,shave and im out the door.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Malki

« Reply #434 on: April 25, 2009, 04:08:31 pm »

I think perhaps he means the way women will be laughed at and ridiculed unless they look like the culture wants them to look?

Edit: Goes for men, too! Looks may not be as important in men, but look at all the roles and behavioural-pattern males are expected to have!

I never heard of any woman being laghed at for not wearing makeup. I can't even think of a reasonable scenario for that.

About men, I don't know the first thing about behavioral studies, but I just can't see what you mean. Sure, some men are athletic and all the other cliches, but it's just a small percentage of the population (again, not a fact, just an observation). Compared to the percentage of women who are obsessed with their appearance, that number seems to be too small to matter.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 25, 2009, 04:14:46 pm »

Yea I meant that they will be socially shunned by the majority of people because they don't fit their ideal

ninja edit: It happens all the time here, people are shoved in different groups because they don't dress the same way or w/e.

And lets throw a scenario out there, lets say you are going to a nice party, say a celebration of somebody getting a promotion. You go there and there is a women there who is: Not dressed really nicely, no makeup, and looks overall dowdy. Whats the first things a lot of people are gonna think? Trash.

And that kind of thought process unfortunately spills over into everyday life, at least, I know it does around here.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 04:20:00 pm by Pozf »

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #436 on: April 25, 2009, 06:31:46 pm »

Yeah, I knew that.  :)

I agree with you on the Nightwish thing...I like most of their older stuff better. Though I won't get involved in all the Tarja vs. Annette WARZZZ!!!!

Sister Aluicious

• Eternal Lover
  • There is no coincidence only hitsuzen.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 25, 2009, 10:22:42 pm »
i'm wearing my JWU t-shirt no bra my black and white checkered chef whites and  pink stripped underwear.

i wish i had the corset my friend Elena was wearing today it was hot pink and purple lace.
Popples eat people for breakfast every other Thursday. if you don't know what a popple is watch out or you may get eaten!

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #438 on: April 26, 2009, 09:25:05 am »
What's with the post editing?  ;D and no defining my pictures, Ronin!

CDSM: Cool! What bands do you like?

I am wearing... Jeans, and the t-shirt I slept in.

I FINALLY FOUND THE BOOK I WAS TALKING ABOUT! GAH!  ::)
It's called The Means of Reproduction, by Michelle Goldberg.
Sorry it took so long.  :-\

http://www.amazon.com/Means-Reproduction-Power-Future-World/dp/1594202087
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 26, 2009, 11:46:35 am »
I disagree.

Answer me this - how much time do you spend in an average day on your appearance? This includes dressing up, putting on makeup, and staring at the mirror.
If that time is less than 15 minutes, I will happily take back my statement. However, I have not come across a single woman able to disprove me so far.
wow...think you're way off here Malki...although maybe my experiences during high school (in the 80's ::)) would probably be nearly in line with your statement.  Though I do think the statement "men, on average, spend less time on their appearance than women" is probably valid, I have known quite a few women who spend as little, or less, time on appearance as I do.  They are usually my favorite ones (my wife fits into this category, unless it's a big night out or something).

Malki

« Reply #440 on: April 26, 2009, 01:43:08 pm »
You assume that men spend significantly less time worrying about such things, and I have to tell you that you are quite wrong.  Who obsesses over their appearance HARDLY has to do with their gender.

I'm not saying that this is the absolute truth, and I'm not saying that there are no exceptions. But the vast majority of my female acquaintances spend well over 20 minutes a day on their appearance.
If you say you don't, I believe you. I actually wish there were more like you.
On the other hand, not a single one of my male friends spend more than 5-10 minutes a day on that. So I think it's quite clear why I believe this actually does have to do with gender.

I disagree.

wow...think you're way off here Malki...although maybe my experiences during high school (in the 80's ::)) would probably be nearly in line with your statement.  Though I do think the statement "men, on average, spend less time on their appearance than women" is probably valid, I have known quite a few women who spend as little, or less, time on appearance as I do.  They are usually my favorite ones (my wife fits into this category, unless it's a big night out or something).

Well then good for you man. But I still think that they are few and very far apart.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #441 on: April 26, 2009, 06:26:50 pm »
It's probably true to a certain point that women obsess over their appearance, but it's becoming increasingly and increasingly subverted.

For instance, most of my female acquaintances do not spend more time on their appearance than is necessary for basic hygiene and presentableness. 

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 27, 2009, 02:51:48 am »
Is it a bad thing?

Personally I spend at least half an hour on my appearance, and I sort of wish men would do the same... then we could all be equally presentable.

Men who use perfume =  :-* :-*

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 27, 2009, 06:46:45 am »
Is it a bad thing?

For you?  No.  It is not a bad thing. ;)
sorry--well I also had one girlfriend back in the day who spent at least 45 minutes, and had so many products they filled the whole rim of the bathtub, all the way around.  I don't think all the makeup was good for her skin, but she is a very fond memory, she was a great person and quite cute.  I remember forcing her one day to go out with only a minimal splattering of makeup..she was self-conscious all day, but I think she might have thanked me later, or said it wasn't as bad as she thought or something.  She was a bit of a nut though...

*rushes out to buy perfume*

Oh and I think I missed the chance to say "Yay Finntroll" in this thread.  They are super-great.  I have been introduced to Nightwish also, but have not been overly impressed yet (I haven't listened much though).  I don't know if the album I have is early or later NW...I also listen to Children of Bodom occasionally-they are pretty awesome.

edit: the Nightwish album I have is Once, from 2004...is that a good one?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:07:29 am by UmberIsSexy »

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 27, 2009, 10:11:23 am »
Heh, I only use perfume when I'm going somewhere special... Don't feel like much of a point to wear it daily when I work at a sewage treatment plant wearing the job's protective clothing as well as hitting the showers and change to my own clothes again before leaving work every single working day.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 27, 2009, 11:13:15 am »
I can't wear a lot of cologne/perfume/ w/e. My nose is too sensitive, hell can't even wear scented deodorant without it bothering me. Although I do on special occasions... Err the cologne that is... not the deodorant.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:59:57 am by Pozf »

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 27, 2009, 11:15:46 am »
UIS:  ;D Haha, if it makes you feel better, I -can- go to the store or out with the dog without makeup. I can also have friends over if I look like crap... But if I'm going somewhere with a friend or to town to shop, then  need those 30 minutes.
Yay finntroll! And yes, the "Once" album by NW is great in my opinion! They were still rather gothy back then.
Oh, and, you smell good yet?  ;)

EMP: Well at least you wear it sometimes!  :-* There was this guy in my school last year, and he wore perfume. I hugged him alot just to get a sniff. It's so charming. <3

Pozf: Well, then it's understandable. Of course you should never wear so much perfume that others can smell it when you walk by. Correctly applied perfume should only be felt when you go very near someone, say, to hug them or whisper in their ear...

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 27, 2009, 11:18:20 am »
Correctly applied perfume should only be felt when you go very near someone, say, to hug them or whisper in their ear...

Somebody REALLY needs to teach that to almost any girl in Most of the classes I have/have had. Sitting behind them, and it smells like I have my nose above the bottle.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 27, 2009, 11:19:36 am »
Correctly applied perfume should only be felt when you go very near someone, say, to hug them or whisper in their ear...

Somebody REALLY needs to teach that to almost any girl in Most of the classes I have/have had. Sitting behind them, and it smells like I have my nose above the bottle.

I know, common problem.  ;D

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #449 on: April 27, 2009, 12:01:22 pm »

I never heard of any woman being laghed at for not wearing makeup. I can't even think of a reasonable scenario for that.

About men, I don't know the first thing about behavioral studies, but I just can't see what you mean. Sure, some men are athletic and all the other cliches, but it's just a small percentage of the population (again, not a fact, just an observation). Compared to the percentage of women who are obsessed with their appearance, that number seems to be too small to matter.
I've seen it happen.
I worked at a diner and one of the servers came in with "that look of dissapation on her face" (she was faund of late night partying). Well the cook (who was basically the boss of the restuarnt while the owner was gone) made fun of her and demand that she put makeup on before she started her shift. She was chasened and complied. :(
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.