Author Topic: Bernadette "flipside" coin  (Read 5803 times)

erana

Bernadette "flipside" coin
« on: March 31, 2009, 07:46:53 am »
I made this on the spur of the moment after reading a comment in the chapter 20 discussion thread about people "being the opposite of what they were initially.  You know, the flipside of things." I used a small version of this image to drive home my poin... errr, to ilustrate my opinion that, actually, Bern has been always her own "flipside" all along.

I guess I should upload the full-size version here. Why not?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 07:49:24 am by erana »

erana

Re: Bernadette "flipside" coin
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 08:03:39 am »
A bit of fidling with the above image and I got an "improved" version that does look a lot more like an actual coin. The "tails" ("swords"?) side is particularly good-looking...

It goes without saying that Brion can do whatever he wants with these pics. They are just recolorings (no matter how inusual) of his work, anyway.

Admiral Apocalypto

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 04:44:30 am »
That is...really quite awesome.  Well done, Erana.

erana

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:09:56 am »
You are too kind, Admiral. Simple Photoshop jobs with no original artwork. A matter of fiddling with filters, the humble work of an artisan instead of the creation of an artist.

(But I have to admit they DO beat the everloving crap out of your everyday image macro) <VBEG>

Admiral Apocalypto

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 10:44:15 pm »
Why would you do that?  I complimented it, and honestly so, but you just go and detract from your own work.  Just because it was simply made doesn't mean it isn't well made, and it's the idea that's impressive as well.

erana

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 01:38:49 am »
Honest question, and honest arguments, that deserve an honest answer, good Admiral.

Truth is, most artists frown upon people simply tracing (or even worse, copy-pasting) other artist's artwork and having the nerve of saying it's art THEY made. I simply wanted me to honestly distance me from that, because that wasn't my intention. That's why I called it "the work of an artisan" (which I am in real life); I've used a piece of art made by an artist for my craft. Stating the art is mine is not detracting from my work, is giving credit for what ISN'T my work.

(Besides, I'm using in-character speech, and the real Erana the Sorceress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Quest_for_Glory_characters#Erana) would be ever so humble even after kicking demonic ass and taking names. Easy here with the 4th wall now, we just got it repaired);)

That said, I'm really grateful of your apretiation of the idea, because being praised about how an idea has been translated into a craft is truly a delight for any craftsperson.  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 12:27:32 pm »
Someone call up the mint in Liberia!
Get your Flipside Coin for 19.95 w/ Certificate of Authenticity!

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 09:31:19 pm »
I think that coin thing is really neat.

it would be kind of cool if it was real. metal work is kind of difficult without the right tools though.
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 10:19:35 am »
My GF is about to start studying to become a silver smith, with focus on jewlery, though she plans to add on other skills in the same area on to that later :) should I talk to her about it?

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 06:47:05 pm »
that would be cool. see if Brion is up for the idea. ;)
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)