Author Topic: Chapter 33: Discussion  (Read 25491 times)

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 33: Discussion
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2012, 09:28:21 am »
Regina is not wrong here, May is.
She lead her a bit too much and made a bit too many shocking revelations here.

First she takes Regina in the bath, then she complements her, then reveal the secret that she likes her and is attracted to her sexually, she also took advantage of her and kissed in the past, and she would gladly eat her out cause she would do that to all interesting people/friends loving them at the same time.
With such appraoch she basically pushed Regina expactations unknowingly to the limits, and in the end she shoots her down saying that she have to stay faithful(I kinda find it strange that she didn't say I want instead of I have) to Bern cause she loves her the most and she forces herself for their relationship to work.
And then as a result it is not surprising at all for me to see how Regina acted.

May acted a bit selfish here on that telling the truth high status, not considering even for a moment that Regina may like her too like that.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2012, 05:24:02 am »
Can one of those who is castigating Regina please explain to me why she is the one in the wrong here?

Not so much wrong as drastically and dramatically over-reacting, and frankly throwing a fit.

Maytag, on the other hand, has just rolled a natural 1 on her encounter reaction. This, we saw coming.

As for poor Mr. Invisible, talk about Karma plus interest. Next page is going to involve a Maytag kidnapping, and Mr. Invisible here probably bloody, battered, or dead and in pieces.

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2012, 05:47:52 pm »
I just find it hard to label as "drastically overreacting" to be told "hey I totally reciprocate your feelings and love you and want to be intimate with you but WHOA WHY DID YOU JUST KISS ME WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU oh by the way I had my way with you when you were passed.  We cool?" and then get upset and leave.

She didn't like, stab Maytag.  She got upset, she cried, she asked to be left alone and she got dressed and left. 

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2012, 06:54:24 am »
Your point would be understandable if Regina was upset when May mentioned that she did things to Regina's body when she was unconscious.

Regina was NOT upset at that.

Regina ONLY got upset AFTER making advances on May and being told "no, I've promised myself to Bern alone."

If you make advances on someone who currently HAS a significant other, and you know about it, it IS drastically over-reacting to storm out in a rage when you're turned down.

Is Maytag blameless? No. You will note that I DID point out, she shouldn't have revealed personal info to Regina like that.

On the other hand, Regina IS an adult, and should know that fixating on someone does NOT automatically grant you romantic or sexual access, even if that person has admitted any kind of attraction to you.

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2012, 01:59:39 pm »
If you make advances on someone who currently HAS a significant other, and you know about it, it IS drastically over-reacting to storm out in a rage when you're turned down.

Is Maytag blameless? No. You will note that I DID point out, she shouldn't have revealed personal info to Regina like that.

On the other hand, Regina IS an adult, and should know that fixating on someone does NOT automatically grant you romantic or sexual access, even if that person has admitted any kind of attraction to you.

Except she only made advances on someone who had just admitted to loving her, wanting to be intimate with her, and who had already been physically intimate with her in the past (a time when she was ALSO with Bernadette, for the record).  You're right, she clearly was a total fucking idiot for thinking Maytag wanted to be with her in any way.

Also, she may be an adult but Maytag also knows for a FACT that Regina is incredibly inexperienced with love and emotions.  And again, all Regina did was leave and not want to talk to Maytag anymore.  I just can't see that as "drastically overreacting".

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2012, 02:42:55 pm »
If you're arguing about which one of them was at fault, then I feel like I did my job well.

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2012, 07:50:49 pm »
Captain Beefheart could save the strange magician, but lo, he withholds his might and merciful hand, allowing Melter to eat the strange magician with his evil evil magic.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2012, 02:32:00 am »
OH the King Lobster is pulling our strings lol
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2012, 06:04:46 am »
Captain Beefheart could save the strange magician, but lo, he withholds his might and merciful hand, allowing Melter to eat the strange magician with his evil evil magic.
Called it!

"I'm normally discouraged from killing innocent people."

Riiight! Kidnapping them, experimenting on and torturing them until they wish they WERE dead is just so much better.

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2012, 12:39:44 pm »
Regarding the most recent panel ... HOLY SHIT, MELTER  :o !  That is all.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2012, 02:17:46 pm »
Some body is going to have to clean up that mess and it ain't going to be me!  :P lol
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2012, 12:17:05 am »
I'm getting excited, if I guess correctly of what Melter is saying, it means he will have to fight with that Shepard guy from Phalanx to get a chance on getting May, cause I think that other guy is too following May while being invisible.

And that rather won't be as easy as getting rid of the current victim.

He got what he deserved for spying on ladies in the bath :P

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2012, 04:53:23 am »
Maytag, sweetie, yes you listen to your heart, but you listen to your head too, and if there's a conflict, your head gets veto power.

Edit: Ok, NOW would be a good time for a blood curdling scream!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:59:36 am by Azure Priest »

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2012, 01:28:54 pm »
Uh-oh...Maytag, whatever you do, do NOT touch anything because you're gonna get blamed anyway, so make it as hard as possible for them to accuse you of murder. Who wants to bet her former mentors will try and pin the blame on her for this?  :o

9_6

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2012, 05:46:40 pm »
Uh-oh...Maytag, whatever you do, do NOT touch anything because you're gonna get blamed anyway, so make it as hard as possible for them to accuse you of murder. Who wants to bet her former mentors will try and pin the blame on her for this?  :o
I'm not sure she has any tools for violently hatefucking people in half in her d-bag so it would be pretty hard to blame on her because how would she have done that?

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2012, 08:35:18 am »
She doesn't have her dimensional bag anymore.

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2012, 01:21:04 pm »
She doesn't have her dimensional bag anymore.

Translation: Maytag's gonna be blamed for this...?  ;D

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2012, 12:08:46 am »
Dos it matter?

Seems she will find herself in much more difficult situation she ever was before, and we will get save a May arc going, while from May perspective we will learn about the Thin Man up close.

Maybe May will be the first one who will fully merge/accept with that dark cell?

Or Shepard will show up...

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2012, 05:25:38 am »
Ok, Maytag is officially screwed. It's too late for a good blood curdling scream. Even if she can get one out, Melter will probably kill anyone who comes to the rescue.

akashayi

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2012, 09:44:52 pm »
Maytag is officially screwed as in it looks like this will end in surprise butt sex? >.>

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2012, 06:58:25 pm »
Messy

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2012, 05:04:37 am »
Ok, it's official. Things can NOT be good for May. Since we have a cut away to the other characters, it's obvious May has been "captured" by Melter.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2012, 03:45:08 am »
I am not happy about May being captured again.  Bloody Mary was scary enough, and this guy and his boss are about a billion times scarier.

I feel totally uncomfortable about this turn of events.  I'm glad May is tough, but how tough can she really be?  These guys are able and more than willing to put her through some crazy nasty shit.