Author Topic: Chapter 33: Discussion  (Read 25487 times)

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
Chapter 33: Discussion
« on: May 23, 2012, 11:21:20 am »
This is the thread for discussing chapter 33.  What will happen to our heroines?

9_6

Re: Chapter 33: Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 03:36:40 am »
Why yes, relaxing it has to be.
Cue the thunderous underwater farts!

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 04:50:40 am »
Looking at Regina face someone gonna get eaten tonight ::)
Or rather would want to :P
I can't wait to see how Melter will plan this out to make kidnapping May possible.

parameciumkid

• Kinky
  • http://helia.heliohost.org
    • AOL Instant Messenger - parameciumkid
    • View Profile
    • Helia - The Girl in the Yellow Dress
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 09:18:21 am »
K I meant to post this two days ago but the forum looked like it had morning sickness. Anyway...
MELTER IS PRIDE! http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Pride
Hi.
I've been out for two years, so warn me if I act like I missed something obvious. ^^;

...oh, and to anyone who missed me, I'm open to hugs, kisses, and intense tearful cuddles.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 11:00:09 am »
I honestly haven't gotten that far in the new FMA.

Lord Stone

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 02:57:26 pm »
FMA: Brotherhood, or the FMA manga (same story) are very good... I can really recommend them :D

I'm curious what will happen to Suspiria, but we're first back with May for now... and it looks like Regina is about to start asking some questions, that's what I think.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 06:58:52 am »
Now we see why he gave up. He's dying, and is using alcohol to drown the pain because he can't afford stronger stuff.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 07:30:30 am »
Or he is dying cause he literally drunk himself to death with all regrets he had, death from having your liver failure is not a pleasant one...

Flipthecannon

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 06:35:09 am »
  Seems like it may be working similar to that pool trap they fell into when they first ran into Melter.  My bet is Melter's going to use the pool to get Regina to become aggressive in her desire for Maytag and while Maytag is trying to get her under control, he knocks her out somehow.  Regina remembers nothing and he escapes through a portal before anyone else sees them.  At least taht would be if it went according to plan...which it probably wont.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 06:58:37 am »
Oh, Bern. Prepare to get frustrated. Extremely frustrated. Frustrated to the point of wanting to commit murder, frustrated. Guys who hit rock-bottom like this don't WANT to get cleaned up. They will passive-aggressively fight you to the bitter end, and it will be bitter.

Flipthecannon

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 06:17:52 am »
Ok...maybe I was wrong about the bath water being enchanted.  her look at the end of that one page just seemed so distant...

As far as bern and her dad...good luck.  I'm kind of pessimistic about those situations but it's a comic so if the author wants him to make a recovery (at least long enough to redeem himself) he will....if the author doesn't we'll probably have a sad moment.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 02:47:52 am »
Oh boy...
That is some serious fanservice temptation going...

So Bern takes care of sick father while May gets such a show...
Life is unfair.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 05:36:20 am »
Nice thought, Regina. But you're going to have to figure out what May is REALLY like. As she's just told us not long ago, the personality she's been projecting is a "shell," further, you're going to have to filter out your idealized memories of her.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 08:48:16 am »
Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd drop in and say I'm likin' the new Regina!!!

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 05:41:33 am »
Hmmm, this does seem like a possibly good time for Melter to strike.  She's alone with a level 1 sorceress, so no great threat.  Heck, the Thin-Man may even like another experimental subject in Regina, so take them both?

I don't think the water is enchanted, but I do wonder where this is possibly going with Regina and Maytag.  Maybe a reveal of how she broke up with her boyfriend or something before a capture at the end to leave us on a cliff-hanger.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Flipthecannon

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 07:43:13 am »
  Good advice May but how well do yoou know yourself?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 10:36:12 am »
Well... One could argue that you're constantly changing and thus always learning new things about yourself.  Maytag doesn't necessarily know herself completely but I'd argue that she knows herself better than Regina knows herself, and possibly most others.

I guess one of the primary things is that May has a very good idea of what she wants in life, i.e. to establish as many positive connections with as many people as possible.

Look at Bern and while she doesn't have a complete idea she still fairly well knows what her values and desires are in life.  Never-the-less, like Maytag, she's willing to push herself to change.

Regina is unlikely to become like Maytag fully, but in idolising her and trying to follow her she'll develop herself and likely learn what things about Maytag that she really wants for herself.  Self confidence seems to be a big thing and was certainly a short-coming in her disolving test.  I guess the stage performance is a good cure but I'm not sure what to think about appearing naked in front of others but I'd say knowing she can do it now was more of a rush to her than the act.  If I had to take a random guess at what makes Regina happy I'd say it's overcoming her fears or making some sort of achievement and forming close relationships with a few, select people.

I wonder if Melter even knows she's a Level 1 sorcerer.  While I doubt she would normally pose any threat to him she might catch him off-guard if he's unaware.  Really I think both our girls here are about to get into some serious trouble.  My real hope is that Shepherd is keeping as close an eye on her as Melter and will make his own move although who knows what his motives are.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 05:28:37 am »
Ok, I just got to say, I hope I'm not the only one who finds "Robot May" creepy.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 09:50:15 pm »
Ok, I just got to say, I hope I'm not the only one who finds "Robot May" creepy.
Heavens no.  But I think thats part of the point.  People find this personality of hers too cold and detached.

9_6

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 09:37:44 am »
No...
Just no.

May shouldn't be like "!!!" when hearing regina say she totally envies her ability to shut off emotion.
This is an expected reaction of someone who has no idea what it's actually like.

May has been characterized as some sort of super smart, able to read people like open books.
She should expect this. She should be smart enough to see that, to an outsider, this seems like an amazing "ability".

"Robot may" should be much, much harder to surprise than this.
Or maybe nothing can surprise her like that.
In some ways, that's the whole point, isn't it.

We have firmly established that nothing but herself can really snap her out of that state after all.
It's her "superpower".
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:44:39 am by 9_6 »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 08:06:59 am »
I guess Regina became spontaneously impressed.  More difficult to detect since even the person doesn't know they're really going to burst out like that.  Regina was always impressed by Maytag's wild behaviour and bravery but this is showing it to be more like a shut-off valve to all emotion.  Everyone Maytag has known has been scared or turned-off by it which is why she invented her emotional sides.

This could also be Maytag auto-switching back to her emotional self and creating the reaction of surprise to Regina's outburst.

I've often wondered if Maytag's ability is actually a sort of curse like Moss' but without a really visible element (unless red eyes is the give-away).

Flipthecannon

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 09:42:56 pm »
interesting but please tell me I'm not the only one who saw something creepy in Regina's expression.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 03:51:15 am »
Yeah, not sure if it was meant to but it did have a touch of the creepy for some reason.  I guess it's a bit of a dreamy, happy look.  Regina bashes on herself so much along with a number of others over time and here's Maytag who just pours on the complements and encouragement she's likely been starved of for a long time.

I don't think she's entertaining romantic feelings towards Maytag.  She almost certainly knows she's a lesbian and in a committed relationship with Bern so I don't think she'd want to jeopardize that for Maytag, but I do think she's loves Maytag like a wonderful big sister... and then Melter strikes *lol*

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 04:49:17 am »
Hmm, I don't think that Regina's infatuation with May, which is clearly visible, is that of sisterly nature ::)

Does Regina even know that May is in commited relationship with Bern?
I'll admit I don't remember if that was brought to her attention during book 0 adventure or when they reunited recently where May was alone on stage without Bern around...
I wonder how much she really knows.

Seeing that last panel face, maybe she'll try to make a move on May?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 08:09:41 am »
She noted to Suspira/Inverness in front of Regina that she was in a committed relationship.  I sort of presumed that they've had lots of talks over time and she's discussed this with her.  I guess I'm just not really convinced that Regina is necessarily gay or even bisexual.  I could be wrong and there's certainly been heaps of speculation about Regina and Maytag for ages, but I don't personally think it'll go anywhere.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 05:11:25 am »
Maytag's instincts telling her not to reveal something really personal to Regina... THOSE BEAR LISTENING TO!

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 11:04:42 am »
Hmm agree.  I suspect this is the part where she tells her how much Regina turns her on and/or about that stolen kiss... or playing with her breasts during the possession.

Only other option is she goes to wisper it then grabs the hiding bloke as he comes closer to listen in.

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 01:16:40 pm »
Yeah, I hope that Regina and May don't become sexually intimate.  It might be hot, but it wouldn't be right.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 12:53:49 am »
DAMN YOU BRION FOR DRAWING THIS OUT! *lol*

Now I'm wondering if we're going to hear about the stolen kiss or... much more.

Here's the page for those who don't know it: http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic/book0/fs26pg31.html

I wonder if something more did happen before Maytag could drop her off.  I'm pretty sure its just the kiss... unless Maytag got together with Lucient *HORROR*

Here's the page where Regina avoids a kiss with Maytag: http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic/book0/fs26pg25.html
And here's the page whre Maytag feels herself/Regina up: http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic/book0/fs12pg13.html

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 01:21:11 am »
I'm a bit disappointed in May here, I thought she would say in a bit cliche way that honest love towards Bernadette without all these lies and cheating is the best feeling she felt/had from some time...

But if now May addiction she digs is telling truth towards everyone and be honest with her feelings...

First she was emotionless kid.
She discovered friendship, and how good the positive connection with another human felt.
So she mimicked that through becoming jester and making more people happy, so through that got more friends.
Then May discovered wonders of sex and sexual freedom and that became her pony - nature, joining with so many people on this more or less primal level in pure fun with only positive feelings in mind had to be the biggest kick.
Then May fallen in love with that guy who left her and then with Bern and her free love towards all interesting people habits became cheating and something she maybe stated to enjoy less and less till Crest shout her that in the face.
And then May discovered wonders of being honest through the spell which turned into what we see in current pages...

If indeed May would do it with Lucient at some point then for sure I would like her even less, if that was the hidden truth here.
That would be the blow, maybe it was Lucient who became less interested in Regina cause he fallen for May?

I'm betting that May simply will tell Regina she feels attracted to her, and maybe even loves her.

Now the question here is how Regina will respond, maybe that she knew all the time and it was the reason she left Lucient having May in her mind wanting to confirm things?
We saw Bern had her temptation phase with Polly where her first true love was indeed mutual.
Question is what May will do if her love/attraction/crush towards Regina would be at similiar level for both parties.