Author Topic: Star Wars  (Read 13778 times)

contreras

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 09:29:41 pm »
6.- Attack of the Clones: too long, but good war scenes, I dont like Hayden Christensen's Anakin
5.- Phantom Menace: entertaining, Qui-Gon and Maul rule, I dont mind Jar Jar, found him funny
4.- Revenge of the Sith: the story was better for this movie, very dramatic momments, but overall on the same league with the other prequels. Palpatine is great
3.- Return of the Jedi: cool action sequences, and the scenes with vader, luke and the emperor were great. Great ending for the saga
2.- Empire Strikes Back: AT-ATs, Yoda, I am your father. Great
1.- "Star Wars" aka A New Hope: the perfect adventure, exciting, funny, epic

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 05:14:53 pm »
I forgot to talk about Return of the Jedi, so here goes.  Of the action sequences, I liked the speeder bike chase the best.  However, overall, I felt that the performances were generally flat in this film, although I thought that Carrie Fisher did well as Princess Leia.  She radiates love and empathy, so it's easy to care about her.

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 05:25:33 pm »
She radiates love and empathy, so it's easy to care about her.
Have you ever seen Blues Brothers?

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 05:28:23 pm »
I meant in Jedi.  I've seen The Blues Brothers, and she definitely doesn't radiate love and empathy in that movie  :).

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 05:37:57 pm »
I meant in Jedi.  I've seen The Blues Brothers, and she definitely doesn't radiate love and empathy in that movie  :).
Sorry, I thought you meant in general, ie, She does this, and that makes her a good fit for the role, as opposed to specifically in the movie.