Author Topic: Chapter 54: Discussion  (Read 5311 times)

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chapter 54: Discussion
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2019, 03:08:58 am »
OH SNAP!!!  :o
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

weirdguy

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2019, 06:40:51 pm »
The thing about brain surgery, even magical brain surgery, is that it doesn't get undone simply because you turned off the thing that did it.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2019, 11:32:21 am »
Considering the last intermission was spent doing just that, this is a bit too meta.
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2020, 07:43:56 am »
I want to be serene, too.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2020, 04:53:16 am »
I can be calm about all things... except the fact that when my parents die, I'll probably be making well below minimum wage and still not have a significant other.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2020, 09:36:41 pm »
Uhm... Maytag...this is the part where you lie, Lie LIE!  Cause now is NOT the time and place to be frankly honest!!

You need to approach that conversation at a different point... in a different moment... explaining right now...will confuse and hurt Bernadette's feelings...

I feel a train wreak coming on...
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2020, 06:41:01 pm »
She doesn't need to lie.

Maytag's choices would be exactly the same as Bern's. For completely different reasons.

Bern chose A or B, because unlike Polly, she doesn't enjoy hurting people. She's principled and a pacifist. 
Maytag is likely to choose A and B, because while she could technically do C easier than Bern, she likes big orgies, and she doesn't care about pain.  In fact, she made a similar choice already.  Actually cut her fingers off at one point to save Bern, and cut out her eyes to bet past the Dark Cell.

Also, let's try to move the forums to here...  https://discord.gg/CqDASP

Since this forum has been crashing lately.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2020, 05:13:48 am »
Hmmmm... 'Doctor Maytag' has avoided the potential pitfalls of revealing her inner self's motivations and without lying.  Honestly, I do not believe she will actually lie to Bern... but she may say reveal...misleading truths to conceal the actual truth.  Who knows perhaps she may come clean about the true core of her personality....

I wonder how Bern will take that, Crest was not so... pleased.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2020, 11:21:29 pm »
I'm not convinced that Bern doesn't know about her true self.  I mean, you need to have a certain amount of intimacy to have regular sexual intimacy.  And it's likely that these two have had more than a few off-panel experiences together.

I also think that Killer Chef (I forget her name, but the psycho girl who works for Tin Man in exchange fore creating horrible monsters) is wrong about Maytag.

Emotionally cold people seem similar to people with antisocial (read: psycho) personalities, but they aren't necessarily the same.  In fact, I'm told that depressed people also often have blunted emotions.  Maytag is cheerful enough, but we're not really sure what the "true core" is actually.  Just that she's a bit bland emotionally, and also very driven and determined, but unlike an actual psycho, most of her drive appears to be to belong.  To fit in, to have people like her and entertained by her.    In fact, judging from her motivation to get through the Dark Cell even if her memory is gone, her eyes are gouged out, and she's in terrible pain, I would venture a guess that her desire to entertain is an authentic desire.   

Maybe she's a sad and lonely person at heart, who hides behind a mask of deadpan (from herself), and hides behind another mask of split personality (from others).  In fact, we've seen her actually crying a few times, and more even than her deadpan, it seemed real.  When people decide they don't rust her anymore is when she gets must upset, and she seems happiest not cracking jokes but being very honest

Update: I don't feel that's 100% true, just as all outlooks have some levels of hypocrisy.  She doesn't for instance starve herself or eat to obesity, or use most drugs aside from alcohol that I can see.  Well, I imagine the potions probably antidote most drugs to the point that they're not fun anymore.  But still, it seems her lack of boundaries doesn't extend to any sort of self-abuse.  Probably because since she accepts most pain, trying to hurt herself would be vaguely like tickling yourself.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 09:34:43 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2020, 06:21:09 am »
Hmmm... I see your point.  Her answer was... not what I was expecting... but it is consistent with her behavior, but I think also... Maytag is an experience junky. 

Consistent with her stated views that her body she thinks of as a tool for experience... she truly treats her body like an amusement park taxi... every new experience is something she cherishes!  As long as 'the taxi', her body is not damaged permanently to prevent her from gaining more experiences she is ever curious.  So even things most might think of as undesirable to experience, entering the Dark cell, surviving a gang rape, being seared alive in a volcanic eruption, or slow drifting to sleep due to hypothermia in a snow storm she swallows whole... as long as she can survive it to experience more things.

A philosophy of 'What destroys, traumatizes, drives to heights of mind numbing ecstasy or utterly exhausts the body does not really touch the spirit other than to collect the memory of the experience'!

But Maytag, needs to be mindful that philosophy is a potential path to madness.  There are some experiences that WILL and DO touch one's core spirit and can affect even risk one's sanity!

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2020, 08:36:47 pm »
Hmmm... I see your point.  Her answer was... not what I was expecting... but it is consistent with her behavior, but I think also... Maytag is an experience junky. 

Consistent with her stated views that her body she thinks of as a tool for experience... she truly treats her body like an amusement park taxi... every new experience is something she cherishes!  As long as 'the taxi', her body is not damaged permanently to prevent her from gaining more experiences she is ever curious.  So even things most might think of as undesirable to experience, entering the Dark cell, surviving a gang rape, being seared alive in a volcanic eruption, or slow drifting to sleep due to hypothermia in a snow storm she swallows whole... as long as she can survive it to experience more things.

A philosophy of 'What destroys, traumatizes, drives to heights of mind numbing ecstasy or utterly exhausts the body does not really touch the spirit other than to collect the memory of the experience'!

But Maytag, needs to be mindful that philosophy is a potential path to madness.  There are some experiences that WILL and DO touch one's core spirit and can affect even risk one's sanity!

I think that's the proviso we need to keep in mind, and probably bottom line as to why she's not hooked on drugs. 

Likewise, she's probably not keen on dumping herself into a volcano either, but grabbing some lava and tossing it one her hand (after she knew about that arm regeneration thing), would probably be just peachy.  May would probably be okay with a winter walk before sunrise, so long as she had somewhere to go afterwards.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2020, 07:43:02 am »
I'm ready for a splash page of Bern and May embraced in a tender kiss!  :-*

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2020, 08:04:47 pm »
Tee-Hee! Thanks Brion!  :-*

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2020, 11:35:08 am »
Tee-Hee! Thanks Brion!  :-*

You're welcome!

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2020, 08:24:30 am »
So is Bern... Polly's Red Door,  everything else is 'Painted Black'?   ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 08:26:07 am by sunphoenix »

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2020, 07:11:42 pm »
Yup, this is Bern on a "Booty Call"!    :-X

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2020, 06:46:49 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure how well this will work.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2020, 06:14:15 am »
"Now drop those panties and show me dem titties!"

Rolls eyes  ;)  lol!

I'm hoping for the best, honestly...

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2020, 06:05:37 am »
'Sigh', no truer words were spoken. 

"Because you love me. And you care about me..."

Indeed, when you love someone, it's about them... not yourself.  Many People get that confused... loving someone is not about what you feel you need from or even for them that's not love that purely about You.

Love is about wanting them to be happy... not about what YOU feel they need but about what THEY feel they need to be Happy!  When you love someone...truly love someone, what brings them happiness - brings You happiness!

Love is Not Selfish.  TRUE love is completely Selfless!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 06:07:22 am by sunphoenix »

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2020, 03:30:44 pm »
HAHAHAHA! Brion you're fucking with us! lols!  ;D

'snicker' No Fair Trolling the Fans! Tee-Hee!!!

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2020, 04:34:11 pm »
"Every turn a surprise, and every moment forever..."

And here are other Disney songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gRxJqEuQPA

I'll have more such songs, so I guess this is to be continued.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 05:11:08 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2020, 08:38:27 am »
'Sweet' Polly "Purebread" - "We should take it slow..."
Bernadette - "..."
'Sweet' Polly "Purebread" - "!?!?"
Bernadette - "...nah. Gimme some Sugar Baby!" {smooch}

;D

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2020, 06:52:26 pm »
Intemission -

Haha! I see what you did there Brion... Sweet Polly Purebread from the 'Underdog' Cartoon was Also a Reporter! 'snicker'

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2020, 07:58:16 am »
Yeah I didn't get the Sweet Polly Purebred reference (if it's Underdog it's probably purebred not purebread, though we might not have seen it in print) since the last time I watched Underdog was 32 years ago.

I am entertained with her interview with a dead person.
—Edward D. Morrison