Author Topic: Chapter 53: Discussion  (Read 8396 times)

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chapter 53: Discussion
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2019, 04:26:28 am »
Okay, no more politics it is. :-)

Wow, and I didn't even have to say anything!
Haha, yeah, sometimes view-points are just too far apart for me to want to discuss them. Also because it was going off-topic. :)

@comic:
That last panel made me curious about the next update. I wonder if the whole sky turned black all of a sudden or if it symbolizes the passing of time. In case of the latter we probably won't get to see how the 3 protagonists traded their stories and reacted to them. On the one hand I understand that, because the all had to go through so much and it would take forever to retell everything, on the other hand there are some points where I would've liked to see the reactions. E.g. when Bern did not end up getting raped, but I also would like to know their thoughts about the whole groundhog's day thing that happened in the prison, the personality changes around Suspiria and what will happen with Eye. But maybe they'll get to reminisce about the meeting a bit when it's relevant to the plot?

And I also would like to know why Moby became the Phalanx leader now. I mean, she pretty much singlehandedly blew the mission by pushing Suspiria over the edge by being unprofessionally emotional in a situation where they were probably outclassed by every single other party present, i.e. Suspiria, Melter + Mary, and the prison guy who ended up turning into that monster. If someone like that gets to be the leader she's probably a super tough ice-queen by now and she'll break again later. Either that or the rest of the Phalanx (Q'talda aside) is even less qualified to lead and that's saying something.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2019, 11:13:29 pm »
Sweet Polly is so lovely... it breaks my heart to see her so lonely.
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2019, 11:49:32 pm »
Okay, so the darkness outside represented the passage of time and not Eye approaching or her ability getting out of control. :-)

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2019, 02:24:28 pm »
Okay, so the darkness outside represented the passage of time and not Eye approaching or her ability getting out of control. :-)

One of those things that communicates better when you read normally, and not 1 page at a time.  I hope.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2019, 11:50:12 pm »
As does what Polly is doing with her pillow.

It took about two looks to figure out that she suddenly can't get comfy without someone to hold. This wasn't a problem before, as she was used to this. But now she's using her pillow as a surrogate.
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2019, 12:51:28 am »
Hehe, with Flipside you never know when the next horror phase comes up, and that goes well with the comic's name. So I think it was a good thing, not a bad thing, that I wasn't able to immediately tell what was going on. :)

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2019, 01:04:32 pm »
I just got a friend block me from Discord saying "You made your decision." Ummm no, actually they gave me an ultimatum of depending on what I say, they may leave for separate lives and never talk again. What'd was the terrible thing I said that made them close the thread? I told them flatly that I didn't care how bad she thought she was, that my life also sucked, and I wasn't about to give up on her. I actually made the opposite decision, and they made the decision because I wasn't like "Ohhh poor you, yes your life sucks" to close it.

The point of all of this, is that I look at Polly and see this really damaged woman who can't seem to get that people actually want them in their lives and it doesn't matter what their damage is or how messed up they are. Who wind up holding a pillow for comfort because they think it's too late. If she added me back on, I'm pretty sure I'd take her, neuroses and all. But ppl like Polly keep telling themselves lies about their worthiness.

It's kinda like she was trapped in the Dark Cell, and couldn't see out the other end, and even my words became part of the problem. "I don't care how bad you think your problems are, I accept you anyway" becomes "I don't care about your problems, so go away."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 01:06:20 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2019, 02:19:31 pm »
And this is pretty much exactly what Bern did for Maytag after Polly and Bern went separate ways. If Polly knew about that, it would sting extra hard.