Author Topic: Chapter 53: Discussion  (Read 8394 times)

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 53: Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2019, 10:42:55 am »
I didn't post in long time, but seriously I have to agree that this whole conversation looks like some badly written joke compared to what we know happened to Polly and could happen to Bern. Polly even died and was ressurrected in that event. And now suddenly of course poor Bern tries to make these awful mental gymnastics and has to agree with our dear "always right" Maytag viewpoint?

Bern didn't cheat cause she wanted to do it in that moment, she cheated cause she was forced to do so to save Polly from being sex slave to monsters in human bodies and to get out from that awful place. And if we compare that to literal years of Maytag cheating on Bern with whoever caught her fancy while going out from time to time, it's laughable Bern has so much problem with this.

Yes Bern basically forced the monogamy on Maytage here and Maytag ageed, Bern cheated first, but having such thoughts now from cheating on poor May in the situation Bern and innocent bystander Polly were in, are just completely unfair. And I bet May would be the first one who would completely understand it. We know May was cheating for trill and pleasure cause that is who she is in her own image, Bern did it to save their lives.

I just hope this whole "plot" won't be used to turn Bern to become someone else like May like May always dreamed about, to get a partner with who she could fuck everyone she wanted just because. She now discovered she is in love with 2 people and want to have sex with both of them, but as we know Polly was Bern original first love where the feelings between two never actually disappeared, it's not really the same as fucking strangers like May did. I honestly don't know what I would do myself if my crush from highschool I loved so much but we had to cut ties since she gone abroad would suddenly turn to my door and would tell me she's still in love with me, I'm serious monogamist, even if I have loving gf currently? Threesome rather would not be an option sicne my gf is completely straight, so secret cheating? Ugh...

It would be interesting if Bern would present all these facts to May and to be honest about it, Bern should not really feel here like a dirty cheater on fault and kill herself inside over the issue. We all know May would understand it. Question remains is if Polly wants to have relation with May or just with Bern while not with May if there could be such option opening up now, maytag for sure would ot have problems with fucking both Bern and Polly, it would be actually funny if May dreamed threesome situation where Bern would be willing to go in cause she loves them both, would not happen cause 3rd party would not be interested in May :P

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2019, 01:48:10 pm »
Yeahhhhh... it's possible that May may not be the angel of light Bern idealizes her as, and there may be toxic elements to their relationship.

I'm gonna bring up this link because idealizing love is an actual problem.

https://markmanson.net/love

What a relationship needs to work is actual work. If May is willing to do that, sure that's fine. But there is a chance things will crash and burn in the future.

Recall though that in fact one of these partners is an extremely principled person. The other one is not a a hypocrite inasmuch as she didn't claim Bern couldn't have an open relationship, Bern just decided not to take her up on it.  Which is kinda the point. Yes, it seems like "but May is the only one in the wrong here," but the fact of the matter is Bern's moral rigidity is an actual issue for those around her.  May don't really care about faithfulness, yes. But Bern has such issues with faithfulness that she can't forgive it easily, whereas May can.

The point made is both of these are issues.

I don't predict Bern becoming a polygamist. But I do predict her learning to forgive May more for her indiscretions. 
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2019, 05:53:55 am »
Not to put too fine a point on this.. Maytag does have principles ~ they are just different from Bern.  When Bern said she had an issue with Maytag having lovers outside their relationship... May promised to not do that... she gave her word she would be faithful to Bern.  You can say many things about Maytag... but she has NEVER broken her given word.  She does have principles... but they are different.. not lesser than Bern's own moral compass.

Cell 1# - Awe!  Bern must have ravished her thoroughly last night ...Maytag's still knackered!  :-*
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2019, 04:35:29 pm »
I feel like Brion is writing some sort of very heavy allegory where this couple represents something or other.  But every time I try to puzzle out what Bern, May, and Polly is supposed to represent, I wind up with a headache instead. 

My best theory?
- May represents love of self. She a kind of grey character, down to her costume choices. Similar to Gaara in Naruto, she's not totally suited for company. But Bern has decided to love her anyway.
- Bern represents virtue, which is why she's frequently super-moral, and her willingness to sacrifice and put herself second often gets her into  trouble.
-And Polly represents vice.  This is not to say that she's wrong for Bern.  She's actually an okay person. But she's kinda like that person you meet who has been abused in the past and has traces of toxic behavior. You sorta see this in the Arena where she is willing to torture people, and can't understand Bern being unable to do so.

Update: Omg, is that ever true. About not being able to say what you wanted to say.
My best friend and/or crush has been talking for years about buying a house and moving to the big city.  Having made numerous trips over the years - South Africa (including both safari areas and cities like Cape Town), UK, Ireland, China, and much of the mainland US - I can honestly say that I'm pretty well disgusted with travel. So basically it feels like a slap in the face to everyone who cares about her when she basically decides that her family is cramping her style (more about this later), and yes there is a creepy guy in town that probably needs locking up as a sex offender.  This totally justifies moving to the city when people like me and her were able to make poverty wages, and she might wind up without any friends and stranded. With just an apartment, I had issues with bad housing. With a real house, if things go south, you have to sell it. Nevertheless, I like her alot, and I wanna try to be supportive, even though I am really worried about the success of this. And also really worried that she's gonna save for years on it (as a librarian, she has part-time hours), putting aside happiness she could have made for herself actually trying to go out and enjoy what thw town has to offer.
She does have a great deal of stress, to be clear, since her sister has two children but is one of these deadbeat moms that either has an even worse deadbeat husband who doesn't earn enough so she works full-time, or maybe she thinks it's responsible to be a full-timer when you let your sister be your nanny. And the house is crowded and noisy, and she's all thinking that they never treat her right, but I have never seen her stand up for herself. So what, she hates living with her folks which is rent-free, so she's gonna pay property tax in the city, plus utility, plus food, plus likely to commute everywhere even to meet friends. Yes, some ppl do live in the city just fine, but if you can manage with your family, you can manage without. If you can't, problems will probably recur.  If you at least live nearby, ppl can help out! Sigh...
Honestly, I do not think she'll afford most houses, but still the idea of her moving away is very sad, because she is one of the first ppl who actually made me really feel like I belonged here, and there's not much to replace her.
Today, I decided to help her look at one of those catalogues, and I think I got kinda too nosy. Even wanting to help her and stuff, not so much.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 10:58:19 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2019, 07:45:52 am »
Well, if someone swallows frustration for a long time, at some points they explode and make choices that can turn out to be very bad. Big choices like the choice to move somewhere should ideally be made with a calm and collected mind. And rent in a city tends to be higher than in towns. And cities tend to be noisier than towns, so unless the noises of specifically her family are the problem, then moving to the city won't change that for the better at all.

But maybe she's just fed up with having to be an unpaid(?) nanny? She could try nannying part-time for other families and get paid, if she likes nannying in general. I mean, ultimately her sister's kids are not her responsibility. Her sister + husband made the choice to have two kids, so if you make kids you gotta take responsibility, like it or not. And if she ends up moving away they'll have to take responsibility anyway.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2019, 06:13:33 pm »
OH Sweetness!  Maytag is sooo lovely!  I'm personally partial to long flowing hair... but damn... maytag's shorthair is driving me wild!  Bet she would be a most enjoyable bundle to cuddle with!  :-*
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2019, 08:22:57 pm »
Oh..Sweet Sweet... a thorough morning ravishing.. is a GREAT way to start the day!  :-*

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2019, 09:39:09 pm »
Well, if someone swallows frustration for a long time, at some points they explode and make choices that can turn out to be very bad. Big choices like the choice to move somewhere should ideally be made with a calm and collected mind. And rent in a city tends to be higher than in towns. And cities tend to be noisier than towns, so unless the noises of specifically her family are the problem, then moving to the city won't change that for the better at all.

But maybe she's just fed up with having to be an unpaid(?) nanny? She could try nannying part-time for other families and get paid, if she likes nannying in general. I mean, ultimately her sister's kids are not her responsibility. Her sister + husband made the choice to have two kids, so if you make kids you gotta take responsibility, like it or not. And if she ends up moving away they'll have to take responsibility anyway.

I kinda want her to make Polly's choice, and just move to the outskirts of town.  Her dream house is open-concept, 3 BR, 3 BTH near the main road (but she doesn't want it near the main road in this town bec "everyone will know from my care where I live" and aforementioned creepy guy included) with "not a lot of acres because I hate mowing" but a big backyard  ??? .  Found her 3 BR 2.5 BTH modern wood cabin, with a nice basement in the back woods (technically is a big backyard that nobody cares if you don't mow).  Basically her house goals are hilariously contradictory, except oddly this one mostly works.

The problem with moving as far as she intends (a major city like 3 hr away) is she will have to quit her job.  The problem with this is unless she gets a job immediately, her nice peaceful home dream suddenly turns into a nightmare.  Or she just plain tell her sister "(1) we need to convert one of the 1/2 bathrooms in this house to a full one, because I am tired of having to compete with your children for shower time and (2) if you want me to be a nanny, pay me.  You have me raising your kids, and then you get to go off and have a breadwinner dream while I'm an emotional wreck, and (3) how about you move out instead since you have more money?" These few words would save her hundreds of thousands.

Honestly, I could probably tell her to just buy a cheap property, and get a tiny house.  It really is just her and her parakeet. Sure, it's nice to think of a spacious 3 bedroom with and entire room for her bird, one for her, and one for guests. But come on.  Are you going to have guests often enough to make it worth paying 3 bed price when you really need 1 bed and an art room?

https://www.newfrontiertinyhomes.com/
(Probably the $70k one)

That plus an art shed. 

https://home.costhelper.com/storage-shed.html

Probably alot less than a huge home even considering land costs.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 09:41:40 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2019, 07:32:38 am »
Honestly, I could probably tell her to just buy a cheap property, and get a tiny house.  It really is just her and her parakeet. Sure, it's nice to think of a spacious 3 bedroom with and entire room for her bird, one for her, and one for guests. But come on.  Are you going to have guests often enough to make it worth paying 3 bed price when you really need 1 bed and an art room?
Yeah. That's my opinion, too.

I mean, does she even have enough cash to seriously consider buying a huge house with 3 frigging bedrooms and 3 bathrooms? Because if so, she really can just rent something small to get away from her current situation and take her sweet time (living off her savings) to find a new job and save up for the house again. And if she doesn't have that kind of money, then she'll be in for a decade-long life of debt, possibly losing everything, including the house, within a few agonizing years of law-stuff.

Also her guests can sleep on a convertible couch or bring a sleeping bag and a therm-a-rest something.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2019, 02:46:16 pm »
Right now... she's working on a librarian assistant's pay.  Librarians btw, have a very personally satisfying job (unless you don't like the boss), but not a financially satisfying one. That is, a real librarian earns about what a high school teacher makes, but this is after they get done paying off TWO master's degrees (average accredited librarian).  As librarian's assistants, we  made roughly $9.12/hr and that was after salary went up (used to be $8.75 or so). Older sister is the only assistant that earns fulltime pay, the others are two retired older women and a black dude who took my spot after I left. The rest of us probably average 30-50 hr every two weeks.  So let's crunch numbers of her using the best estimate (but it's probably in the 40s).  Biweekly, so 9.12 x 2 (twice a month) x 12 = $10k (not counting taxes, car payments, and probably whatever invisible costs doing stuff like driving out of her way to go to Williamsburg on Sunday morning to give her niece a haircut is, since this crap seems to actually happen), while her sister makes more like $17k and dumps all of her problems on her.   

The best way of looking at this is to ask her how much this house is worth to her.  Because that's exactly how much not resolving this family thin is costing her.  $165k was the low house estimate if she doesn't want a tiny house.  And honestly, a tiny house up to liveable standards for her (I kinda know that she's not really the roughing it type) plus land plus utility install costs would probably add up to this. Being able to tell her sister off is worth exactly that. I'd actually consider helping her board here, but (1) we don't really have the moving in together level of relationship, (2) the two available rooms are either sharing the bath with me and I don't do a great job cleaning or sharing the bedroom with loads of toys (since my own mother has difficulty saying no, in this case to the grandkids), and (3) it would create a lot of strange parking issues. 

Tbh, I don't think she has this money realistically yet or maybe for another 10-15 years with solid cutting back expenses (how I'd do it, since I refuse loans or standard credit cards, preferring check card/ATM) or debt , depending on whether she spends).  I mean, I could be surprised and she moves next year.  But I feel like this is years of misery for a relatively minor bonus of living alone.   

Before that, I'd suggest couch-surfing.
—Edward D. Morrison

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2019, 02:33:14 am »
Yeah, ok, that sounds like it's far too expensive. I mean, not even I am confident in buying a house for that much right now and my hourly wage is about twice as high, every week. Granted I do have rent and stuff, because I do live by myself (42m˛, one bathroom and one bedroom/living-room), but still. I keep reading that there's real estate bubble right now and rents in cities explode (here in Germany), so I feel as if it's currently the worst time to buy a house.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2019, 03:07:37 pm »
Well, the "tradition" in America seems to be either:
  • Getting stuck spinning your wheels getting a month to month apartment that never gets anywhere
  • Getting a house on credit and and being in debt for 30 years, until you die or something (why they call it mortgage)
  • Living with parents (that's what I do, and I've come to terms with it, but they won't live forever... unless I somehow undo death, cuz I'm gonna do it, I tell you)

I dunno. :massive_shrug: Third friend online from Germany, yay! I think maybe that's a real estate agent's euphemism for "There's a lot of immigrants in Germany (and Sweden) now, so you won't likely find any real estate deals, but the prices are great at OUR end because demand far exceeds supply! Yay for us!"   
—Edward D. Morrison

Blue Dragon

• Slave Groupie
  • Stepping in a Slide Zone...
    • View Profile
    • Cerulean Dreams Graphics
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2019, 10:58:12 pm »
I can see why a few people are reading this as Bern just being upset 'cause she cheated on May...but I think it's more than just they "cheated" to save each other from rape that's bugging Bern.

My take:

Bern feels guilty for more than just having sex with another woman. She still loves Polly, on the same level she loves May. That's a lot different than someone who casually sleeps around. Not saying that isn't hurtful or wrong (depending on one's view point,) but as was the case with May, she loves Bern more than she enjoys sleeping around and was willing to sacrifice that part of her to appease someone else's morals and desires. But what I feel Bern is judging herself about isn't just sleeping with Polly: that would one be one thing, if it'd only been to save themselves. I feel what she's guilty about is her rekindled love for Polly. Which yeah, May doesn't mind, but Bern does.

That brings me to my next opinion.

Bern, as was mentioned by Bulma earlier, is an extremely principled character. She's mentioned that the hypocrisy of her expecting May to be faithful, then emotionally cheating on May is a double standard. And she furthers this with the realization that she would have found it harder to forgive May if the situations had been flipped. Hypocrisy isn't something Bern takes lightly. Recall her reactions to the Knights when she found out just how corrupt many of them were, and how she reacted to Sir Orransong when she found out he wasn't treating Crest's mother right? She is striving to be morally above that hypocrisy. So for someone with such a strong moral code to expect something of someone so close to her, but then to break her own rules (again, falling in love with someone else, not saving themselves from a terrible fate,) I feel this is what is really bothering Bern.

I am very suspect of May, and I'm very excited to find out exactly what her deal is. We know there's something more to her...that there's a darkness within her, but we just don't know what it is about her. I don't think she'll be revealed to be some villain, of course. But I do think all this "perfection" is building up to some kind of big reveal.

That's just my take on it. It was interesting checking in on other people's thoughts and comments (I uh...don't comment very often ^_^)

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2019, 09:33:49 pm »
A lesson for Crest. Even though she's stone now, Suspiria might get jealous if he hooks up for real with another girl.

Update: Could have something to do with the content of the second test.

The test was about practical ability and honesty. She confessed her feelings to Maytag (2) and she pushed her limits in the Pit (1).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:22:41 am by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2019, 07:05:13 am »
I'm not getting the vibe that Regina is 'with' Crest.  I'm not sure how much time has passed but I think they are both still kinda at least emotionally recovering from the Horror and murder/mutilation of their friends before their very eyes!  Buzz & Glyph were close friends to Regina.. and they were literally shredded before her eyes... Its a mark of high caliber and proof of how strong a person Regina has become but she was heavily emotionally invested in Glyph... I doubt she's ready to that close to someone else yet ~ even the Big Damned Hero Crest!

Right now they are both taq-dancing around the subject of where the rest of the Phalanx member are I would suppose trying to ease Maytag and Bernadette into the gruesome news.  There is still an issue about what was really going on.. did Suspiria 'create' the evil in the pit? That can't be the whole story as WE all know Melter had multiple Mary's {a Nightmarish Fact at the Very least} with him under his control to investigate the pit, and Supiria was there to investigate the disappearances from the prison, and Mary's remains did find something at the bottom of the pit? The Thin Man/Lehm clearly did something to Suspiria that ruined not only her life but brutally ended the lives of many others but what is Qtalda's part in this?  I STILL do not believe ~ "oh the mad sorceress made me and the conclave high counsel admit to conspiracy to murder her parents", BULLSHIT she spouted even if Suspiria was not entirely stable, I do not believe that lame-ass story exonerates Qtalda of not being a World Class Villian in the works!  There are magical threats out there certainly the Thin Man's callous regard for his experiments... but who is really pulling both Lehm's and Melter's strings?  I think Qtalda is somehow involved... and I think Crest is there to enlist the insightful Maytag and skillful Bernadette in getting to the bottom of what is really going on!

MaronaPossessed

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2019, 11:04:53 am »
"I'm a level 2 sorceress now!"

Reaction: https://youtu.be/Y47RRPF9NBg?t=272

(spoiler for those not caught up on Steven Universe)

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2019, 11:16:30 pm »
I'm not getting the vibe that Regina is 'with' Crest.  I'm not sure how much time has passed but I think they are both still kinda at least emotionally recovering from the Horror and murder/mutilation of their friends before their very eyes!  Buzz & Glyph were close friends to Regina.. and they were literally shredded before her eyes... Its a mark of high caliber and proof of how strong a person Regina has become but she was heavily emotionally invested in Glyph... I doubt she's ready to that close to someone else yet ~ even the Big Damned Hero Crest!

Right now they are both taq-dancing around the subject of where the rest of the Phalanx member are I would suppose trying to ease Maytag and Bernadette into the gruesome news.  There is still an issue about what was really going on.. did Suspiria 'create' the evil in the pit? That can't be the whole story as WE all know Melter had multiple Mary's {a Nightmarish Fact at the Very least} with him under his control to investigate the pit, and Supiria was there to investigate the disappearances from the prison, and Mary's remains did find something at the bottom of the pit? The Thin Man/Lehm clearly did something to Suspiria that ruined not only her life but brutally ended the lives of many others but what is Qtalda's part in this?  I STILL do not believe ~ "oh the mad sorceress made me and the conclave high counsel admit to conspiracy to murder her parents", BULLSHIT she spouted even if Suspiria was not entirely stable, I do not believe that lame-ass story exonerates Qtalda of not being a World Class Villian in the works!  There are magical threats out there certainly the Thin Man's callous regard for his experiments... but who is really pulling both Lehm's and Melter's strings?  I think Qtalda is somehow involved... and I think Crest is there to enlist the insightful Maytag and skillful Bernadette in getting to the bottom of what is really going on!

The entire story with Qtalda is crazy. Pretty sure I don't believe it, because it fails the logic test (fairly easy for Qtalda to mess with one person's mind and make Suspiria doubt her parents; while a Nibelheim scenario from FF7 is not entirely unthinkable, just that it would take an unreasonable amount of power). The hatred of the Conclave could not have come from nowhere, so there was clearly some bullying going on. Plus the story as explained seems to be totally implausible unless we understand it as shifting blame away from Qtalda, especially since have (1) a group of four or more people suddenly doubting what they see, (2) after the encounter with Qtalda they all decide they need to investigate this town, (3) Qtalda just conveniently produces these parents  and we have a smaller enough crowd that their memories can be tampered with.

However, I believe Melter. Mostly. I believe she did turn herself into a monster because shs noticed the scar, and I believe if she did remember her parents dead, it's because she needed a reason to hate Qtalda. I believe Crest and Suspiria do love eaxh other, but it's in a cute quiet way. However, her image of Crest is distorted by leftover feelings. And many of the characters are colored by her impression of them (this is NOT the same thing as mind-control, rather it's like a passive impression of a person that creates a self-fulfilling propohecy).  She sees Moby as a crappy girl, and it exaggerates her behavior to the point where she tries to rape Crest and causes Suspiria to basically snap and turn to stone. But here too, Suspiria's feelings come out. Both her affection for Crest, and her guilt, are projected in Moby's own words. Effectively, she trapped herself in an accusation, and made the pit worse than it should be.

Breaking seals without a Dissolving Seal means Suspiria is only really in control of about 3 levels. She however has a large amount of passive powers. Melter also mentions that in order to do this, the seed affects chemical balance of the brain. He mentions control over emotions, sense of self, anf a firm grasp on reality. All of which she kinda skipped. So the emotions part screws with people's hearts and minds, sense of self is allowing her to mess with her body, and reality warping... well basically the Pit got worse. 

Edit: Re-read the chapter. The explanation about the dead parents is that she loved them and basically saw most of the Conclave as taking her away. So yes, Qtalda still manages to be a piece of work, but she's not a murderer. But neither is Suspiria, really.  She's more like a radioactive person.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 07:22:46 am by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

MaronaPossessed

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2019, 04:33:22 pm »
*FANGIRL SQUEAL* >w<

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2019, 09:18:09 pm »

Well, it looks like they are a thing.

More than anything, I think it's survivor's anxiety. Kinda like WWI/WWII/Great Depression, and ppl started having kids like crazy. I think a good portion of this is because they were the only "normal" people to survive this hellish event (Moby basically can't be counted as normal because she drove Suspi into a psychological corner and tried to rape Crest, and the others are either turned to stone or lackeys of the Thin Man). So there was probably a lot to talk about offscreen.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2019, 06:32:58 am »
Damn, I guess I was wrong.  Crap... I've been really routing for Crest and Suspiria... I'd hoped her and his love for each other could save her... and them.  :(

It's just sad that after all their efforts... Suspiria just gets... 'made into' the curb.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 06:34:59 am by sunphoenix »

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2019, 09:57:27 pm »
I dunno that it's the last we've seen of her tho. 

The Other Woman is the title. Polly was kinda no biggie, when all was said and done.

So now, think about this. If Suspiria ever wakes up, we have an angry ex that Regina will literally have to get stronger than if she wants her man (or at least get her to stop seeing him).
—Edward D. Morrison

MaronaPossessed

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2019, 06:08:28 pm »
Damn, I guess I was wrong.  Crap... I've been really routing for Crest and Suspiria... I'd hoped her and his love for each other could save her... and them.  :(

It's just sad that after all their efforts... Suspiria just gets... 'made into' the curb.
I was going to say Suspiria likes Crest because of Kin...but makes me wonder if Crest likes Regina because of Maytag...

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2019, 04:36:34 am »
If I had to say, I think he likes Regina because of Suspiria. Maytag is Crest's third relationship in the story, after all.

Which is to say, before Suspiria found out she was a monster, she was fairly normal (see Chapter 29 for an example with her short-haired and in a sweater) She was some super-caster but she kinda acted more like the small town girl than anything else.

Then she got all intense about revenge.

But Regina acts like the Suspiria that Crest knew, the one before the Seed of Potential chapter who gets all cute about a sweater. I feel like Suspiria is still kinda active despite being stoned, and is kinda playing out their relationship vicariously through other ppl (she tried it through Moby but around that time, it was more about jumping Crest's bones). Now it's kinda "I just want to be close to you" vibe and  that could explain some of Regina's unlocked power (although I think the unlock is permanent, I think she did have help). Suspiria doesn't feel worthy of Crest anymore (we see some of this self-loathing right after Chapter 29 when ppl are talking about the "real Suspiria"), so she's using Regina as a surrogate of herself. Looking at it this way, it's kinda cute.

Huh. Chapter 29 also shows Regina first using the name Mistral.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 04:47:17 am by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2019, 02:18:56 am »
Well, the "tradition" in America seems to be either:
  • Getting stuck spinning your wheels getting a month to month apartment that never gets anywhere
  • Getting a house on credit and and being in debt for 30 years, until you die or something (why they call it mortgage)
  • Living with parents (that's what I do, and I've come to terms with it, but they won't live forever... unless I somehow undo death, cuz I'm gonna do it, I tell you)

I dunno. :massive_shrug:
I'm back from my holidays. :-)
As far as that tradition goes it's pretty much the same in Germany. I have rented an apartment, but I earn enough to get somewhere eventually. I just hate taking debts, so I prefer paying rent instead even though debt goes away eventually (if all goes well).

Third friend online from Germany, yay!
Yay, it's a small world, isn't it. ^^

I think maybe that's a real estate agent's euphemism for "There's a lot of immigrants in Germany (and Sweden) now, so you won't likely find any real estate deals, but the prices are great at OUR end because demand far exceeds supply! Yay for us!"
Eyup, the immigrant/refugee problem is definitely related to this problem, too. But what can I say? Rich white international industry bosses require new african slaves and anyone who is against exploiting them is a racist. And yes, we do still have actual racists in Europe, too, and they're the ones who get all the attention from the media. Because the media is partially controlled by politicians and they love their rich white international industry bosses. Europe is in turmoil right now. Not as much as America or, you know, actual war zones, but still turmoil.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2019, 06:36:45 pm »
"...I looking inside myself and see my heart is Black."   :(

poor Polly...

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2019, 08:27:30 pm »

I think maybe that's a real estate agent's euphemism for "There's a lot of immigrants in Germany (and Sweden) now, so you won't likely find any real estate deals, but the prices are great at OUR end because demand far exceeds supply! Yay for us!"
Eyup, the immigrant/refugee problem is definitely related to this problem, too. But what can I say? Rich white international industry bosses require new african slaves and anyone who is against exploiting them is a racist. And yes, we do still have actual racists in Europe, too, and they're the ones who get all the attention from the media. Because the media is partially controlled by politicians and they love their rich white international industry bosses. Europe is in turmoil right now. Not as much as America or, you know, actual war zones, but still turmoil.

It literally ate my entire post when the login timed out, so I'll make it short. The reality of the situation is that the EU is much much worse. In America, the left pushed too hard and too fast (anyone who says things are about Russia is lying to themselves), resulting in backlash. As a result, the US rejected both the climate restrictions that resulted in heavy regulation and high gas costs in EU, and much of the borderless society bullcrap that has made many of these countries effectively basketcase.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/how-the-left-created-donald-trump-214472

The result is that because of disconnect where the two parties can't accept consensus reality on how this election happened, they are basically fighting. But most of this happens in cities, with the occasional false flag event to try to push gun-control (hint: most such events happened in gun-free zones where the gutless cowards could get away with this) happening in random locations.

Anyway, that's kinda all I wanna say about that so...

I like how relaxed May has become. I think the ordeal she went through changed her alot. And hopefully, the rest of the group will get to meet Eye, without you know, descending into despair and madness.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2019, 08:28:03 pm »
"...with flowers and my love both never to come back!"

"I see people turn their head and quickly look away,
like a newborn baby it just happens Everyday!"

"Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts,
Its not easy facing up when your whole world is BLACK!"

:(

Sweet Polly needs to be hugged until the darkness she sees inside herself is filled with the light of love.

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2019, 02:47:41 am »
Okay, no more politics it is. :-)

I wonder if Moby can still have casual sex as easily as before, now that she leads the Phalanx. And if she will regenerate her eye eventually. But I guess she will keep it that way for a while, because of that one dude who died shortly after cutting his own eye out. Glyph, was it?

But what I'm more curious about is what Mary will find, i.e. if magic is based on highly advanced nano bots or something. Also I can't wait to see if they find a way to resurrect Suspiria, but for now I'm happy that the 3 protagonists are together again. I want to know how they're going to react to hearing about each others' stories.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2019, 02:03:25 pm »
Okay, no more politics it is. :-)

Wow, and I didn't even have to say anything!

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2019, 11:14:44 pm »
Well, the original topic was housing. Then that topic led to a topic I didn't actually care for, so I answered that, and want to move on. ADD is a real bitch cuz I tend to get segues into random topics and have ppl in forums accuse me of "sidetracking" the thread topic. Nah it's just the ADD pointing me over to another random thing again. 

Though yeah, I could talk about housing more. Especially Polly's sweet pad that is totally not gonna eventually creep her out.  I kinda would like to paint a room black. Mine is BRICK RED. It's okay at night but during the day I tend not to want to be in the room.
—Edward D. Morrison