Author Topic: Chapter 52: Discussion  (Read 15877 times)

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
Re: Chapter 52: Discussion
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2019, 05:18:02 pm »
Well, they have had some troubles recently!  Don't worry, I'm sure they will smile again!

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2019, 11:47:40 am »
Well I hope ~ Polly does not overthink Bernadette too much.  Bern returns home.. in shame ..as she must admit to her truest and dearest Maytag.. that SHE her Bernadette.. who has always portrayed a image of stable, serious, devotion and moral certainty.. has been infidelitous to her love?  I'm sure Bernadette feels like a traitor to Maytag... and is a long way from forgiving herself!
BUT... she has Polly with her.. she Wants Polly with her... Bern does not blame Polly and the fact that Polly is with her says no matter if Maytag forgives her or not... Bern has decided Polly is going to be a part of her life now!

I hope Polly understands how significant Bern wanting her with her is!  THAT is Love.  That is Devotion.. though Bern is not one for long-winded dialogue.. her actions speak volumes.  Bernadette knows in her heart she loves Both Maytag.. AND Polly.

I just hope Polly gives her a chance to express that.
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 04:29:43 am »
That sketchy shading. Anyone else think he might be one of those demons?
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2019, 04:47:10 am »
Not sure.. but that mustache looks fake as hell!

But from Sexy Dangerous Polly's expression she doesn't look too inclined to trust this guy... she just wants to let this play out to see where this is going.. before heads get smashed with flying Balls O' Doom...!
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 07:10:56 pm »
Polly's a Ball Buster for sure!  ;D

The saying it was a fake mustache made me think of just how far May could troll Bern. Disguising as a weird mustachioed man would probly make the top of the list. Call it now, that's totally not a demon as I originally though but May in a weird disguise.  ;D
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2019, 08:03:01 pm »
OH Shit! THAT would be Sooo appropriate for Maytag!  8)

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2019, 07:27:44 am »
Hey Brion.. I'm really digging the Eschelon Culture's access to 'contragravity-Tech'...er.. "Magics"  ;D to have floating buildings and structures.  That's sooo cool!  :-*

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2019, 03:21:37 pm »
Thanks!  I figured since it was a city of magic it might as well have some magical design aspects!  At least as many as I could think of.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2019, 05:25:23 am »
The Bell woman... She's the one I suspect most of tampering with everyone's mind around the events of the murder of Conclave. It's always the mousy secretary.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2019, 08:43:23 am »
Y'know.. I agree with that... the more they say Maytag is being protected the more I'm getting uneasy.  Which begs the question.. 'Protected? From What, for god's Sake?!?'

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2019, 08:28:47 pm »
Hmmm...room 313. That's the same frame number in the Zapruder film when President Kennedy's head exploded after the bullet hit it. Possible warning that this is some sort of trap...? 🤔

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2019, 05:49:00 pm »
SQWEEEEEEE!!!!!   :-*

Sorry... couldn't contain it!

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2019, 06:28:18 pm »
Hmmm...room 313. That's the same frame number in the Zapruder film when President Kennedy's head exploded after the bullet hit it. Possible warning that this is some sort of trap...? 🤔

There's also John 3:13 (just typing in 3:13 to see what passages I got) about practically nobody returning from Heaven. I'm thinking about all the people trying the Dark Cell and none of them making it (failing and getting memory-wiped).

Also there's Corinthians 3:13 where it talks about trials by fire and testing people. Pretty much the Arena and the Dark Cell.

I think two random passages are probably more significant than exploding heads. But I could be wrong.

It's also the date of the Edict of Milan.  But that's not very relevant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/313_(number)

It's also a crazy number in math (palindromic prime, twin prime with 311, several other types of prime, and an Armstrong number). 

Also, this page is sooooo cute.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 06:45:25 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2019, 08:11:54 pm »
Also, this page is sooooo cute.

Aheh... yeaaah...  :-*

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2019, 02:29:39 pm »
Ain't LOVE Grand!  :-*

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2019, 05:34:22 am »
It's interesting how many 313 references you found without mentioning Donald Duck's car. 8)

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2019, 05:39:30 am »
I think she might have CS3's teapot.  That's why she's asking Polly to be specific.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2019, 05:04:03 am »
What a ...deadly weapon in some creative person's hands...  Tea pot give me... cobra venom, sulpheric Acid ( H2SO4), deuterium oxide (2H2O, D2O), Dimethylmercury ((CH3)2Hg), human-blood, liquid nitrogen, kerosine... the list goes on and on...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 05:09:15 am by sunphoenix »

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2019, 11:02:48 am »
What a ...deadly weapon in some creative person's hands...  Tea pot give me... cobra venom, sulpheric Acid ( H2SO4), deuterium oxide (2H2O, D2O), Dimethylmercury ((CH3)2Hg), human-blood, liquid nitrogen, kerosine... the list goes on and on...

Yeah... but then again, so is a kitchen knife!

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2019, 01:03:18 pm »
True, but my point is a knife is obvious... a drink poured in a cup for you is not.  A knife can be parried or blocked... but a splash of something highly corrosive or toxic.. you MUST dodge as contact of ANY sort could be deadly.

"A door left open,
a woman walking by,
a drop in the water,
a look in her eye,
a phone on a table,
a man on your side ~

"Or Someone that you think that you can trust ~
Is Just, Another way to die!"

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2019, 05:11:36 am »
...And she's milking it for all she's worth.  May knows that aside from creepy psycho cook making monsters, most of the Thin Man's crew aren't really dangerous, and Lehm is on the side of government exposure (i.e. truth). And most of the ppl who have been memory erased can't ask to be taken under Conclave wing because they don't remember what happened.  The Conclave itself knows that unlike legit terrorists, the Thin Man isn't a real threat (though he does in some ways undermine their authority). But because May knows Lehm isn't an issue, and Conclave knows he isn't an issue, but Conclave doesn't know May knows, and the public cannot be allowed to know, she is given protective custody and a snazzy room.
—Edward D. Morrison

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2019, 12:55:19 am »
Ah, this time Brion did the coming, going and pleasing thing right. Or maybe this is the time when he did it wrong. ;D

http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=3833
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=3853

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2019, 10:25:20 am »
See, I learned!

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2019, 08:41:14 pm »
Good idea, Enclave. Have Eve oversee everything so she can cut loose with her powers... 😆

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2019, 02:46:33 am »
Muct be a brief bit or absolute terror and pain then dispair to approach her before the elevator enters the "eye"... can you imagine experiencing that riding a elevator up without the ability to stop it?  The "elevator" must be enclosed and set on automatic - not under the rider's control to force them to enter 'the eye', cause I'd think you'd have to be afraid of folks leaping off the platform in shear panic as it rose to her floating home!

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2019, 09:23:41 am »
Sooooo.... this whole ordeal with dark cell led to what exactly? I mean, I'm happy for Eye to finally be free, but aside from that, was there a point in finding out what dark cell is? Kinda feels like a dead end, unless e.g. the conclave manages to inspect the dark storm and find out some things. It would be nice if they could finally do something useful.

I hope Mary has more luck in the pit. And that Suspiria can come back. That'd be another useful thing the conclave could do if they're powerful enough.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2019, 04:20:21 am »
...And she's milking it for all she's worth.  May knows that aside from creepy psycho cook making monsters, most of the Thin Man's crew aren't really dangerous, and Lehm is on the side of government exposure (i.e. truth). And most of the ppl who have been memory erased can't ask to be taken under Conclave wing because they don't remember what happened.  The Conclave itself knows that unlike legit terrorists, the Thin Man isn't a real threat (though he does in some ways undermine their authority). But because May knows Lehm isn't an issue, and Conclave knows he isn't an issue, but Conclave doesn't know May knows, and the public cannot be allowed to know, she is given protective custody and a snazzy room.

Yup, I was right.  "Poor little me, I was KIDNAPPED by the EVIL Thin Man, and forced to do all kinds of horrible things. Here's his last known location.  What? He moved? GASP!!! Yes, by all means, I will need witness protection, and btw, my friend here, you're gonna give her a place to live? No, you say? :steps closer with Eye: You will!!! How wonderful!"

Once she gets inside... "Yay! Free housing!"

As to people saying this is a dead end, well Eye can go outside (better) and May has a secure house and travel with Bern. Hopefully, at some point, Eye while not losing her power can contain it.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2019, 04:41:46 am »
"control, Control.. you Must learn CONTROL!"

Now how does Crest fit into to all this?

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2019, 08:24:21 am »
As to people saying this is a dead end, well Eye can go outside (better) and May has a secure house and travel with Bern. Hopefully, at some point, Eye while not losing her power can contain it.
Yes, but I meant regarding finding out some secrets of this world, because that was the whole point of going through Dark Cell.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2019, 04:31:24 am »
So here's a question... is Maytag a sociopath.. or a psychopath? 

Sociopathy's usually undergo some trauma as a child that conditions their brain not to form emotional attachments for self-preservation.  But a psychopath is born with a brain that does not process emotion at all.  By Maytag's claims she 'acts' normal because she knows to succeed at society it is necessary to 'seem' to form emotional attachments and react the way others expect her too ~ when in truth there is only a void of emotion within her...

So what does that say about her "feelings" for Bernadette?

Sociopaths 'can' form emotional attachments with time and effort.. the brain circuitry is still there they just have been traumatized to avoid working as the brain keep telling them to survive they must not form such attachments...

But a psychopath feels nothing and does not understand why they should... literally they do not care ~ the brain circuitry is not there to begin with.

So which is Maytag?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 04:33:58 am by sunphoenix »