Author Topic: Chapter 52: Discussion  (Read 15876 times)

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
Chapter 52: Discussion
« on: December 17, 2018, 03:40:09 pm »
This is the thread for discussing chapter 52.

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 52: Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 07:53:40 pm »
Curses! You beat me in starting yet another chapter thread, Brion! Well-played! 😠😆 Anyhoo, does this mean Bern, Maytag, and Crest are finally going to finally reunite?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 07:56:34 pm by SAGG »

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 08:41:52 pm »
I see "wall-flower" on Crest's shoulder... what about Suspiria?!?  SHE's the one who REALLY needs him!
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 03:55:32 am »
sunphoenix, I imagine the reason it's just these three is they're the leaders of this group. And yeah there's alot of fallout from this thing. Glyph, Buzz, and the other girl all died (a knife wound is resurrect-able, I'd imagine, being dismembered and stuck inside a pit... a bit harder, though that might be a later quest, to get revenge on what did this).

Depending on the tone, think of a theme song for this chapter. I'm going say (Where Were They Going Without Ever Knowing) The Way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0wfu3tOrtQ

Oh, I didn't notice those shoulder hangers. That's cute!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 03:06:43 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 07:36:32 am »
Eh...

S-sso sorry Moby... but ~ this is ... kind of your fault.. YOU pushed the sorceress with the power to warp reality.. when the situation was under control.. she had captured and apprehended the villainous wizard in charge of the cells who clearly had been doing something wicked with the prisoners... feeding them to something!  But YOU pushed the confrontation THEN and THERE with her.  It should have been handled in a much more controlled and calm environment but YOU wanted to rubb her face in the fact she was shaping reality to fit her assumptions... which the jury is STILL out on whether she was wrong at all in my opinion ...but that's just me.  Confronting her in a dangerous situation and shattering her view of reality made her shape a horrid semi-reality that indeed KILLED a lot of your friends.. but again.. she was no more in control of that than you were!  The THIN man never gave her a choice about being boosted to have so much magic she could not control... the SAME thing could have happened to YOU!~  It was bad timing an badly done... Suspiria could have been talked down... in a more calm and controlled situation but YOU forced that then and there!  What did you expect would happen when the reality warping sorceress found out she was living with a lie and her reality was flawed?!?

Don't blame Crest for loving Suspiria... he offered the same sort of to you.. but YOU rejected it.

I just hope she does not do something to hurt herself.. I REALLY do feel for Moby!  She has just been through a harrowing experience... one she was certainly NOT emotionally prepared for! :(
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 02:14:02 pm »
I've been around relationships where the other person is like that.

It doesn't really matter whose fault it is. They're hurt and bothering them right then won't help. Usually at that point, I don't know what to do to help.
—Edward D. Morrison

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 05:55:57 pm »
Curses! You beat me in starting yet another chapter thread, Brion! Well-played! 😠😆 Anyhoo, does this mean Bern, Maytag, and Crest are finally going to finally reunite?

Wouldn't that be cool?

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 06:39:37 pm »
I've been around relationships where the other person is like that.

It doesn't really matter whose fault it is. They're hurt and bothering them right then won't help. Usually at that point, I don't know what to do to help.

I know..right?  You want Sooo much to help.. but they won't have it.. all you can really do is keep an eye on them.. and be there when they are ready to open up... or really need you.

@ Brion - Yeah.. THAT would be cool!

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 03:26:54 am »
Eh...

S-sso sorry Moby... but ~ this is ... kind of your fault.. YOU pushed the sorceress with the power to warp reality.. when the situation was under control.. she had captured and apprehended the villainous wizard in charge of the cells who clearly had been doing something wicked with the prisoners... feeding them to something!  But YOU pushed the confrontation THEN and THERE with her.  It should have been handled in a much more controlled and calm environment but YOU wanted to rubb her face in the fact she was shaping reality to fit her assumptions... which the jury is STILL out on whether she was wrong at all in my opinion ...but that's just me.  Confronting her in a dangerous situation and shattering her view of reality made her shape a horrid semi-reality that indeed KILLED a lot of your friends.. but again.. she was no more in control of that than you were!  The THIN man never gave her a choice about being boosted to have so much magic she could not control... the SAME thing could have happened to YOU!~  It was bad timing an badly done... Suspiria could have been talked down... in a more calm and controlled situation but YOU forced that then and there!  What did you expect would happen when the reality warping sorceress found out she was living with a lie and her reality was flawed?!?

Don't blame Crest for loving Suspiria... he offered the same sort of to you.. but YOU rejected it.

I just hope she does not do something to hurt herself.. I REALLY do feel for Moby!  She has just been through a harrowing experience... one she was certainly NOT emotionally prepared for! :(
Maybe Moby knows this, and is too ashamed to admit she was wrong...? 🤔

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 11:59:33 pm »
I see "wall-flower" on Crest's shoulder... what about Suspiria?!?  SHE's the one who REALLY needs him!

You know, to be honest, I think what Suspiria needs more than anything is to do a little soul-searching on her own.  If Crest is keeping his distance a bit, that's probably wise and honorable.  Suspiria is not in the right emotional space to start a healthy relationship, and I think it'd be difficult for Crest to be any closer to her and still maintain "just friends" status.  A relationship with Suspiria seems WAY dangerous (ridiculously so due to all her power) and also emotionally exhausting right now.  Even trying to support her emotionally or protect her could end up being tricky.

But, we'll see, I guess.  Anyway, due to recent revelations, Suspiria has become a much more interesting character now, assuming she can escape from being a statue..  I think the Phalanx will want to do something to control her, however, or curb her power somehow.  It's interesting that Melter would just hand her over to Crest's keeping, unless he's sure she's really just a statue now.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 12:07:30 am »
Do not believe him Crest... her power still lives.. YOU all being alive proves that!  Plus it serves HIS ends better that someone with her power no longer be around... that an his master's.  Believe in her and yourself... use the sword 'Heal' Her!

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 04:40:24 am »
-Yeats

Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart
O when may it suffice?
That is Heaven's part,
Our part is to murmur name on name,
as a mother names her child.
When sleep at last has come,
on limbs that had run wild.
What is it but nightfall?
No, no, not night but death.
Was it needless death after all?

(Then he taks about England, since this is a context of a revolt vs England)

https://www.unp.me/f153/too-long-a-sacrifice-can-make-a-stone-of-the-heart-169186/
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 04:42:38 am by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 04:06:47 am »
Ok... something does not add up...

Who or what gave Regina the Orb?  What was it or what was it supposed to do and did it do it?!?

Clearly... Suspiria had a classic emotional breakdown, and Moby is fast on the same route... but who WAS the guy in the prison?  Was he from the pit.. and Again.. what the fuck was the pit and what happened to the prisoneers fed to it?  I'd assume they are all dead... just like Buzz and Glyph... but does that mean the pit is a monster or a portal to a accursed or sentient realm?  WTF IS IT?!?

And Is it STILL a threat?

And for the record...what exactly was Melter there to accomplish.. resolve The Pit, Suspiria... ?  I think he told everyone he was there to observe Suspiria..but how did HE know she would be there?

dekutree64

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 10:35:01 pm »
Do not believe him Crest... her power still lives.. YOU all being alive proves that!  Plus it serves HIS ends better that someone with her power no longer be around... that an his master's.  Believe in her and yourself... use the sword 'Heal' Her!
Indeed. Probably should try kissing too, since that occasionally cures such conditions.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 06:07:58 am »
AS GOD IS MY Witness... I Swear she slipped and fell into the pit!  No one pushed her.. not me!

So since she cannot die by simply being mangled... Mary is now a ~ Gore-naut, Zombie-naut, Carrion-naut...???

"And to think... I hesitated." ~ Hellraiser II: Hellbound
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 06:20:15 am by sunphoenix »

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 08:14:01 am »
AS GOD IS MY Witness... I Swear she slipped and fell into the pit!  No one pushed her.. not me!

So since she cannot die by simply being mangled... Mary is now a ~ Gore-naut, Zombie-naut, Carrion-naut...???

"And to think... I hesitated." ~ Hellraiser II: Hellbound

I imagine she's eaten some of her clones too.

https://youtu.be/Vgkoucw_M44?t=401
(Video about critters eating a fishman and concealing the fact)

—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 06:20:37 am »
Bwahahaha! I remember that episode of "Slayers"... I think later on he criticizes them for eating him and not sharing WITH HIM! {Snicker...} Great Vintage stuff!

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 09:56:57 am »
Page 12 reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESr2HU38eDM :P

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 10:55:44 am »
{Snicker}

...oh-Oh..I got it.. now Mary is a ~ Necro-naut!  Into the pit ~ "To OBLIVION.. and Below!!!"

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 04:48:41 am »
Bwahahaha! I remember that episode of "Slayers"... I think later on he criticizes them for eating him and not sharing WITH HIM! {Snicker...} Great Vintage stuff!

I don't remember that part but the part right before he mentions how crisp and delicious his friend looks. Pretty sure this joke wasn't in the dub though.

I checked. He calls him a lunch special, and says "You ate him! You ate him all!" implying he wanted some too.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:23:13 am by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 08:19:52 pm »
I wonder what this is all about?  ??? What, a new Bloody Mary, independent of her clones, ready to start a new terror? 🤔

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2019, 12:16:47 am »
Thin Man mentioned or implied that Bloody Mary would eventually outgrow her need for human flesh.

That is, regeneration, doesn't come from nowhere. This magic (whether actually tech or not) operates under physical laws. One of those is that regeneration in all likelihood exacts a toll on the body. What toll? A requirement for alot of energy (and matter) to use to regrow herself. The likely reason it must be human is because she needs similar tissue to reconstitute herself.

Which makes us wonder what's really going on with the easy regrowth of May's hand...

I think I know what's going on. It's kinda a jar bug ritual. It was in an anime called Ghost Hunt, and also in Inuyasha. She's trying to get a version of herself that doesn't need to eat to heal.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2019, 11:40:14 am »
@ Bulma ~ Close, but I don't think that's quite it.  I think the Thin-Man Lehm... realized that the secrets to the nature of magic and the world in-general are possibly concealed in locale that seem to be inimicle to normal mortal life.  Discovering the pit and it mysterious nature and qualities made Lehm send Melter to the pit with Mary to try to asertain it's nature, just like we conjecture Lehm used Mary for the dark passage. Fortunately this pit obstacle was purely a physical obstruction... meaning it inflicted raw damage upon anything living that tried to desend to its depths... nothing living made of flesh unaided by garden variety magic could survive to reach the bottom to learn of what it contained/concealed. So Lehm's magically created monter in the form of Mary was necessary to enchant/create to get something living that could survive to reach the bottom and report findings.  And even then... the only portions of Mary that reached the bottom of the pit was only a splattering of gore from her mangled and liquified body!  But apparently that is indeed enough for her to reform. It looks like Mary may have the ability to share the thoughts or perceptions of her duplicates.  Very interesting!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 11:44:28 am by sunphoenix »

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 03:14:24 pm »
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 09:18:55 pm »
BAM! "Called it!"

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2019, 12:34:59 am »

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2019, 03:30:27 pm »
Just thought I'd mention that the Kickstarter just got funded today!  We reached the $5,000 for book 10!  Yay!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016357068/flipside-book-10-in-print-form

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2019, 01:34:35 am »
Woo hoo! Bern is back! 😋

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2019, 12:14:29 am »
OMG Brion that's awesome, congrats!!!

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2019, 04:39:45 am »
You know.. Bernadette and Polly are BOTH really pretty... but they never smile... they'd be even prettier if they occasionally smiled!