Author Topic: Who will survive?  (Read 4519 times)

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Who will survive?
« on: August 02, 2018, 02:30:50 pm »
I was gonna do a poll, but couldn't find that option.

Back when I watched alot of horror films, I used to guess at who survived the monster/murderer/curse/whatever.

Since I said in the thread, I was gonna do a poll, I'll just straight up ask what people think.

• Nobody survives
  • Just Crest
  • Just Suspiria
  • Just Melter
  • Just Mary
  • Just Moby (somehow?)
  • Crest & Suspiria
  • Mary & Melter
  • Crest & Mary (Crest loves monsters, so now he has a sweetie that could just eat him up  :-* )
  • Crest & Suspiria, Mary & Melter
  • Everyone lives (even the guy who just got stabbed)
  • Everyone lives. Except Moby, cuz I hate her.

I think that's everything.
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: Who will survive?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 08:30:49 am »
I hope Vennice will get revived, she didn't deserve to be the only one getting killed in such a lame way ???

I don't really care much about all other if they will survive or not to be honest, but if I would have to choose favourites, then Suspiria and Bloody Mary are the ones I want to see survive the most aside of Vennice.
But i wouldn't be surprised if all of them will get saved somehow by some deus ex machina syndrome, especially Crest.

Or all of this will turn to be a nightmare dream or just mind manipulation than actually happening to them, like another test done by the Thin Man.
That would be the worst outcome so I hope it's not the case here.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 10:43:16 pm »
(For the record, deus ex machina does not simply refer to something being OP, it's an out of nowhere "wtf?" situation that resolves everything when stuff is in a corner. This means any pre-established power of Crest, which is basically his sword and his analytical ability, doesn't count)

Really? I felt the complete opposite about Vennice. I honestly didn't connect with her as a character.

I do think Crest will help save everyone, probably from the sword being somehow toxic to these critters, or just from reversing the damage. So if Crest can't defeat them with his sword, he probably can keep people from dying left and right.

Suspiria on the other hand, is made of deus ex machina, if she saved the day, she could probably do it in an incredibly OP way. There are no therapists though, and she basically has major issues right now.

I totally forgot about Regina btw.  And didn't remember this guy's name. That alone tells me these two are basically Red Shirts, except for the fact that other people would miss them (way too much story connection for Regina).

My vote is Crest & Suspiria, Mary & Melter, and Regina. Moby and Buzz and Glyph, probably not.

The reason I don't think it's a dream is that Melter and Mary came to intervene. And this guy clearly appears to be their enemy. The idea of it all being a dream doesn't really pan out, as previous chapters had them plan to enter the town. Honestly, this is way closer to deus ex machina than anything Crest could do.

I'm not certain how being actively munched on by an evil beast if gonna affect his tune. I don't like this...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:54:31 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 07:43:15 am »
Just guessing, and I'm getting in here late with some obvious information already given by the last few pages, I'd say Buzzzzzz dies, and Crest too, but he somehow saves the others.  I've already forgotten who Vennice was and what happened to her.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 12:56:19 am »
Okay, went back and reread, she was the one who was subconsciously controlled by Suspiria to kill herself...it was off-camera right?  I think it would have been better if it had more of a moment dedicated to it.  I can't even put a face to the name.  It's been a little hard to keep track of what's going on lately.  However, part of that is the slow speed of reading updates as they drop.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 08:39:27 pm »
I predict everyone dies, but...

Long version: I predict, as they mentioned before, Mr Creepy Priest is doing some kinda ritual, and we've seen two different versions of the prison, one normal, and one a bit less so. I think he's eating power, and it'll require them catching on sorta like 'Twas the Night Before Mxymas on "Lois and Clark" or Déjà Vu All Over Again from "Charmed" where they Groundhog Day loop.

...That or Crest saves just Suspiria, and she saves everyone (see theory 1). There's definitely a reason for two different towers. Some sorta split reality stuff going on.
—Edward D. Morrison

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 09:02:10 am »
Oh man, I hope there are some survivors!  I am on pins and needles here!

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 11:24:31 am »
Noooo, not Glyph!  :o

Drop Moby instead.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 03:34:21 am »
Why all the hate for Moby?  I think if she survives, {which I truly do hope so} she is going to likely have a psychological break down! 
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 12:14:02 am »
Totally!  Poor girl, all covered in her friends' blood, and scratched up by skeletons and creepy hands.

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 11:55:24 am »
Well, so far (page 33) Buzz and Glyph died and there's a fair chance Moby finally dies, too.
Also Brion said the 3 main characters are going to be together soon so there won't have to be 3 different arcs any longer, so Crest lives.

I call anyone currently held up by Melter/Shade will live. Afaik that's Crest, Regina, BM and Melter himself.
Moby is definitely going to survive (though I really want her dead), having to deal with intense trauma. An author doesn't drop someone like that before harvesting all the delicious drama from them. She is SOOOOO going to blame herself for tipping Suspiria over the edge and causing all this with her stupid emotions.
And Suspiria is going to live as well. I don't know what BM did to her when she covered her in black mass, but there is no way Melter and BM let her die.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 12:55:04 pm »
Why all the hate for Moby?  I think if she survives, {which I truly do hope so} she is going to likely have a psychological break down!

We all have people we like and don't like. Human nature is not impartial, as much as we might want it.

I don't like Moby cuz she's all homewrecker for the cute Crest/Suspiria thing going on (cute sweater scene OR rapey date), cuz she was a real (w)itch to someone who had serious issues with being teased in school, the whole misusing her magic to forcibly restrain and strip Crest, and her tailoring designs for May just sucked.

I'm seconding SirBananaPie's bet. As strong as my hate for her is even still, she's suffered enough (except for trauma). Regina is a Book 0 character, and Crest is early arc Book 1. Although Brion COULD kill those two off, the impact to the story would be so great as to turn most people off Flipside. Plus, she hasn't really stepped into her role yet so she's kinda still kinda a copycat of May. Melter and Mary are basically our remaining links to the Thin Man. Although an earlier arc DID say Mary dies tragically at some point. Maybe she dies saving the rest?
—Edward D. Morrison

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 01:39:50 am »
I'm seconding SirBananaPie's bet.
Yay! ^^

Although an earlier arc DID say Mary dies tragically at some point. Maybe she dies saving the rest?
Oh. Who said that and when? Did you mean someone in an earlier arc predicted the future or did Brion disclose it during an arc discussion?

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 05:52:20 am »
Well for my part .. I want to see Moby survive..  I guess because I feel real sorry for someone who smiles and flirts and just has sex to fill the whole in their heart and life that they feel is pointless, without meaning, and doomed to despair!  That's the kind of person..especially if they were a dear friend of mine, that I would shower with hugs, and as much love as they would allow me too ~ I'd WANT to show them that there IS a point to life.. that tomorrow can be brighter than today.. that NO life is wasted or inconsequential!

Guess that's just the kind of person I am... Crest made a choice NOT to have sex with Moby because his heart belongs to another... I can TOTALLY understand that... but the nurturing spirit in me would have wanted to help Moby with more than just words... Gah.. I think she might have seduced me despite the fact I would have been in love deeply with another, cause I would feel a real need to help her feel something real.. and know it was heartfelt and not pointless or inconsequential.

I've ALWAYS had a soft spot for blondes... they can almost always jack me up... lol...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:53:58 am by sunphoenix »
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 02:25:58 pm »

Although an earlier arc DID say Mary dies tragically at some point. Maybe she dies saving the rest?
Oh. Who said that and when? Did you mean someone in an earlier arc predicted the future or did Brion disclose it during an arc discussion?

It was RIGHT after the end of the Mary eating May's arm arc.

They mentioned Mary settled somewhere for awhile, and then said something like that. But I can't seem to find it...
—Edward D. Morrison

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 08:01:35 am »
Ok, that's weird. I recently started rereading the comic so I must've missed it as well. I'm currently in Chapter 36 and the thin man doesn't say anything like it either, quite the contrary in fact. http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=1847 panel 3

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2018, 01:17:14 pm »
Argh, let's all stare blankly in shock while the heroic dude gets blindsided again.  :o Because that hasn't happened before (ahem, Buzz, Moby herself, Crest, pretty much everyone but Regina for some reason, Mary who would just regenerate, and Melter who is kinda a freak anyway).  :-\ Oh you could, you know use some sort of teamwork? Nahhhh.  ;D
—Edward D. Morrison

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2018, 11:56:17 pm »
Yeah, let's add that to the "Phalanx are stupid and do nothing but get worfed" list. ;D

Maybe Melter should've lifted them out of the pit 4 at a time instead of just floating there. But he seems to have a different agenda.

But would it have been so hard to make a 2nd spike appear and stab Moby at the same time? ::) Or does the Pit have a sense for drama?

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 03:12:46 am »

It was RIGHT after the end of the Mary eating May's arm arc.

They mentioned Mary settled somewhere for awhile, and then said something like that. But I can't seem to find it...

Was that an extra side story that was only up for awhile, and after that only available in the physical paper book?