Author Topic: Chapter 51: Discussion  (Read 3126 times)

bulmabriefs144

• Hot Streaker
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 51: Discussion
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2018, 12:33:41 pm »
Moby, why do you say you're no good at flying magic? You have a flying carpet and you did carry yourself AND Crest in search for Suspiria.
Also: Why didn't you bring it with you? Eh, nevermind, the Phalanx in general didn't seem to think about bringing all kinds of magical gadgets with them.

She's a seamstress. She moves the thread, she doesn't levitate anything. Also, her carpet kinda got eaten.

Welp, that's it. Crest got 51 chapters, but Brion must be doing a Kill Em' All Tomino thing. Maybe.
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2018, 10:44:28 am »
So Ladies and Gentlemen, Crest was saved by literal ASSPULL  :o
 :P

So now I wonder if every other one will get similiar treatment or stay dead, but as I understand the setting and how magic fueled by some nanomachines in reality works, you can't revive a person whose brain died for too long or was minced, so that should be rather impossible.
But then we have Bloody Mary so who knows...

SirBananaPie

• Collared Pet
    • AOL Instant Messenger - That+is+soooo+2005.
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - That is soooo 2005.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2018, 11:38:37 pm »
Alright, things are really starting to look up now.
Next page: Regina or Moby gets stabbed and Melter's friend has to start all over again.

@Bulma: Oh, I didn't know magic was that specific, but I guess it makes enough sense. Was her carpet eaten in this chapter? Because if not then I'd wonder why she didn't have a bunch in reserve.
What do vampires have in common with My Little Pony? Vampires from Twilight Sparkle.

SirBananaPie

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2018, 12:29:27 am »
Okay, now that we know there's no way out the situation looks positively dire. Soooooo... another space-time-rewind, Melter? How about taking Suspiria with you through space-time and letting the "Phalanx" do another "investigation" that'll let them return empty-handed?
What do vampires have in common with My Little Pony? Vampires from Twilight Sparkle.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2018, 07:01:03 am »

That sounds gross!

sunphoenix

• Hot Streaker
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2018, 05:46:13 am »

That sounds gross!

I don't know... I'm sure Moby would let Crest 'pull her ass' into just the right position... and enjoy every moment of it!  :-*
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

SirBananaPie

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: Today at 04:44:24 am »
Looks like that thing is enjoying itself seeing its food struggle. I don't have any other explanation as to why there aren't any more spikes coming out of the walls or skeletons coming from the pit. There should even be two new ones available by now. 8)

Also if the sword's healing power doesn't work, then maaaaybe paralysis will do something? I mean, if the whole pit is powered by that thing, maybe the rotating blades will stop and everyone can drop down safely and explore it?

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Today at 05:39:17 am »
I could be mistaken, but I don't think I've ever seen Crest looking so determined!  He looks like an honest-to-goodness badass!

SirBananaPie

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: Today at 09:23:01 am »
Yep, ever since that sphere broke and that dude played the song he reverted back to being confident. But I'm still not sure if he reverts to becoming Kin again, because he looks more emotional than in the previous chapters.

Btw: I just remembered that resurrection is a thing in this world (from the prison arc where Bern's not-girlfriend got fatally poisoned), so if the crew goes to the bottom of the pit, maybe they can take home the remains they may or may not find. But meh, they're just Phalanx, so who actually cares? ::)

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Today at 01:34:58 pm »
I think that thing is bluffing. I think it knows it can be hurt, and is trying to scare Crest into not even trying to fight back....  ;D