Author Topic: Chapter 51: Discussion  (Read 165 times)

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
Chapter 51: Discussion
« on: July 02, 2018, 03:08:31 pm »
So, the Thin Man has a major role here? Should be interesting....
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 03:12:50 pm by SAGG »

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 51: Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 04:59:59 am »
I'm more sad that this is another Crest group chapter, 3rd in a row...
For some reason it got boring for me, seeing Vennice killed off for drama sake didn't help either.

Maybe Brion got bored with May and Bern and Crest became the MC for real?
:P
It's really strange that last time we saw May it was around 1 year of our real life time ago (august 2017), and Bern almost around 2 years ago (september 2016). And this chapter content means that next half year of Flipside updates will be again all about Crest storyline.
Where's the variety of the 3 people stories being separated as it was at the beginning to change perspective?

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 08:50:59 pm »
The devil--? Did someone just pass gas?! 😆

bulmabriefs144

• Hot Streaker
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 08:10:09 pm »
For some reason it got boring for me, seeing Vennice killed off for drama sake didn't help either.

Maybe Brion got bored with May and Bern and Crest became the MC for real?
:P
It's really strange that last time we saw May it was around 1 year of our real life time ago (august 2017), and Bern almost around 2 years ago (september 2016). And this chapter content means that next half year of Flipside updates will be again all about Crest storyline.
Where's the variety of the 3 people stories being separated as it was at the beginning to change perspective?

They're doing it by character development. Bern we had her get through the whole Arena deal, May had to get out of the Dark Cell, Crest has to face the Pit.

All said, I love this page. It kinda reminds me of one of the pages of Elfquest, and there is a very poster-quality feel to the last panel.
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 12:14:10 am »

I understand.  But I kinda had no choice but to do it that way.  We're pushing through the separate storylines and we're almost at the end of them... from then on, it's going to be one storyline with all the characters united.  So, please bear with it a little bit longer!

All said, I love this page. It kinda reminds me of one of the pages of Elfquest, and there is a very poster-quality feel to the last panel.

That's cool you think so... Elfquest was actually the very first comic to really get my interest, back when I was a kid!  And was a big part of what drew me towards manga.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:17:39 am by Brion Foulke »

sunphoenix

• Cage Dancer
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 08:17:05 am »
Oh YEAH!  I'm with Ms bulmabriefs on this.. love the story progression.. have not been bored with with Crest is doing to the least!  Like how his character has developed.. though I wish he'd been more decisive in his feelings about Suspiria... perhaps he will get a chance to redress that soon.

And ... oh Crap.. they are all in the crapper now..WTF?  What IS the pit... is it sentient or does a malevolent intelligence reside within or control it?  Whatever it is some form of reality manipulation or perception modification is clearly within its power.  If the whole keep/castle is under its control like this.. this could really be bad for everyone...not just those currently threatened by its rapaciousness.

And YES, ElfQuest is my most favorite storylines.. and recently the Final Quest ended and I'm saddened by not just the end of the story... but how it ended.  I will Howl for the lost all the rest of my days as well...
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Hot Streaker
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 04:12:09 am »
I actually have The Complete ElfQuest Volume 1. I was going to get volume two, etc. But then I realized that it was a self-contained story (the story to find a new Holt, and the realization that their clan, not a location, was the Holt; the story of life, death, and a sort of extended life with those ancient elves; but more importantly, the story of characters, of Skywise, (the human shaman), Cutter, Leetah, and even Rayek, Bearclaw and Treestump, and the depraved Winnowill and Door) plus I was poor.

I like the whole grand story, heavy with metaphor. I think I know what the Pit is, but I'll let Brion tell you (hint: it has something to do with depression). But I also think it might be a subjective metaphor (represents different stuff to different ppl).

If theyare supposed to get together, the anti-magic crystal being gone kinda puts a damper on getting past Eye's aura.
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 09:08:45 am »
And YES, ElfQuest is my most favorite storylines.. and recently the Final Quest ended and I'm saddened by not just the end of the story... but how it ended.  I will Howl for the lost all the rest of my days as well...

Didn't know about the "Final Quest."  I only read up to and including Kings of the Broken Wheel.  The original 20 issue comic (first 4 volumes of the graphic novels) are still my favorite.

sunphoenix

• Cage Dancer
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 07:51:21 pm »
Didn't know about the "Final Quest."  I only read up to and including Kings of the Broken Wheel.  The original 20 issue comic (first 4 volumes of the graphic novels) are still my favorite.

OH MY Dear Brion.. there is Soooo much more to the story than just that... and it ALL Good.. look further... there are many more quests after that MANY MORE!
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein