Author Topic: Chapter 50: Discussion  (Read 21505 times)

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 50: Discussion
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2018, 05:32:36 pm »
True (as in, real, not ideal as the term is usually used) love is actually a mix of selfish and unselfish love. It's messy, it sometimes holds onto the past. It can be very far from what love should be. But it's also  the closest to heaven that most of us get in terms of feelings.

Suspiria (we need to figure out a nickname) does love Crest for Crest. But she probably ALSO missed Kin. And she very much is not in control of her emotions right now, so getting pushed over the edge, not so much.

She needs a Cool Down Hug right now.
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2018, 03:25:00 am »
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiittttt........(what's gonna happen?)

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2018, 08:25:52 pm »
True (as in, real, not ideal as the term is usually used) love is actually a mix of selfish and unselfish love. It's messy, it sometimes holds onto the past. It can be very far from what love should be. But it's also  the closest to heaven that most of us get in terms of feelings.

Suspiria (we need to figure out a nickname) does love Crest for Crest. But she probably ALSO missed Kin. And she very much is not in control of her emotions right now, so getting pushed over the edge, not so much.

She needs a Cool Down Hug right now.
How about Suspiry?  :P On a serious note, it seems to appear my prediction is coming true....

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2018, 07:03:59 am »
Hmmm...  that seems somewhat out of character for the Phalanx 'leader',  is there some other kind of reality warping going on here?!?
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2018, 07:01:42 am »
Crest - "What AM I supposed to do?!?"

KISS HER YOU FOOL!  Tell her how you feel about her!
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2018, 04:31:13 am »
Totally feeling this scene. I've got a girl I kn ow.

It's a friendship but there's also some of what TvTropes mentions as a South African word.

Mamihlapinatapai. "A look shared by two people with each wishing that the other will initiate something that both desire but which neither one wants to start. "

And oh yes, I've asked her already. So much so that I feel like pushing too hard might wreck our friendship. Plus she has a boyfriend, and one day I realized that the reason I admire her is that she's a committed person. Committed to her job (while I buckled under pressure), committed to her guy, committed to her principles. Asking her to give those things up, even if she said yes in a heartbeat, I'd hate myself for doing that to her.

So if people are like "tell her how you feel about her!" I'm like, are you guys retarded? I did already. Besides, I don't ONLY lust after her body, I also care about her happiness and our friendship .
—Edward D. Morrison

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2018, 08:26:51 pm »
Totally feeling this scene. I've got a girl I kn ow.

It's a friendship but there's also some of what TvTropes mentions as a South African word.

Mamihlapinatapai. "A look shared by two people with each wishing that the other will initiate something that both desire but which neither one wants to start. "

And oh yes, I've asked her already. So much so that I feel like pushing too hard might wreck our friendship. Plus she has a boyfriend, and one day I realized that the reason I admire her is that she's a committed person. Committed to her job (while I buckled under pressure), committed to her guy, committed to her principles. Asking her to give those things up, even if she said yes in a heartbeat, I'd hate myself for doing that to her.

So if people are like "tell her how you feel about her!" I'm like, are you guys retarded? I did already. Besides, I don't ONLY lust after her body, I also care about her happiness and our friendship .
I think this is a good thought, though the "lust" part should be left
out, I believe. I think lust kind of takes the sheen off of what you're posting...

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2018, 06:30:57 am »
I dunno. I lust after her. And I really love her.  :-* Sheen isn't something I care about. But the point being, no matter how I feel for her, I love that we can always talk to her. If anything ever happened to that, I would be in hell.
—Edward D. Morrison

badmunky64

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2018, 12:37:07 pm »
Oh, thank god Crest dropped the anti-magic ball.  Being under her unconscious mind-altering effects to be more like Kin again is probably his best option at this moment. 

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2018, 04:07:04 am »
That is  ~ presumed. Presumed Crest is under some influence from her.. its not proven.

As a bit of advice to Crest ~ "Don't believe in the you that believes in someone else, don't even believe in the some one else who believes in you... Believe IN YOURSELF!"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 04:08:52 am by sunphoenix »

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2018, 09:02:21 pm »
As a bit of advice to Crest ~ "Don't believe in the you that believes in someone else, don't even believe in the some one else who believes in you... Believe IN YOURSELF!"

That was totally not super-confusing at all!

Also, Crest is a Shyguy.

—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2018, 06:17:58 pm »

That was totally not super-confusing at all!

{Sigh}.. If I have to explain it it looses is poignacy... like explaining a joke...

"Don't believe in the you that believes in someone else..." ~ Crest: "I'm just a stupid kid from a backwards town! I'm only here because I was tagging along with Maytag and Bernatte!"

"..don't even believe in the some one else who believes in you..." ~ Crest: "You think I'll just open my mouth and magically say something that will fix this? As if I'm Maytag or something?"

"Believe IN YOURSELF!" ~ Crest:  "I'm a tagalong! That's it!"

... I don't think I need to explain the inference his words suggest about his views & feelings of Maytag and Bernadette... and himself.   Its clear he idolizes Maytag and Bernadette and beleives in them.. and that he is isnpried by the fact they trust and believe in him enough to let him follow them in their adventures.  But he clearly does not think he can be like them as decisive, wise, insightful or courageous.

Crest is having a Simon moment... {Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan}
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:21:52 pm by sunphoenix »

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2018, 04:38:47 am »
Oh, I got it, it was just a confusing sentence. Sorta like one of those "You know and I know about X. But do you know that I know that you know..."

I think both Suspie and Crest are very shy people. She's a bit damaged from being bullied so much and puts up a tough front, and he's kinda messed up because he lost sight of himself. They are actually good for each other but busybodies like Moby want to push how much this seems like a rebound. So what if it is? Mind your own business. Instead, the one thing she thought she felt was real (it may turn out to still be) betrayed her, and Crest lost his last bit of nerve.
—Edward D. Morrison

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2018, 12:43:12 am »
Great image of Suspiria screaming...and the current Crest arc is so easy to relate to...I really know that feeling.  And the mystery is still behind everything that we don't know what is real and what has been created by Suspiria's subconscious.  Great storytelling, great artwork!!!!!

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2018, 02:36:56 pm »
COME ON CREST!!! Go to her... take her in your arms and just hold her. Make her feel that you are still with her....!!!! She's in real danger of literally self-destructing... remember her mind can warp  reality her anger and frustration  could easily turn inward and kill herself.... please Help HER!!!

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2018, 06:36:04 pm »
Great image of Suspiria screaming...and the current Crest arc is so easy to relate to...I really know that feeling.  And the mystery is still behind everything that we don't know what is real and what has been created by Suspiria's subconscious.  Great storytelling, great artwork!!!!!

Thanks!  I try!

Deuce

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2018, 07:53:18 pm »
I really want to hug Susperia right now.  :( Even if she might undo my existence.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2018, 08:50:09 am »
I really want to hug Susperia right now.  :( Even if she might undo my existence.

C̪̰̳̘͊ͩ̒̔̔͊ẻ͕͖ͪ̂͋ͣ͆̽ͩa̱͕̝̓ͧͮ̔̿̓̇̾̉s͇̺̱͓̦̿ͥ̈́̄ͤ͌͆̃e̮̹̹ͣ̽ ̣̖̗͇ͣ̚ T̤̫̗͇͂̏̋͋̈ͧ͗ŏ̬̥͇̹̺̻͕̞ͤ̍ͭ  B͇̗̼̥͉̼̺́͂͛̔̒ͭe̘͍̘̮̬ͩ̐͆͛̏̽ͬ̏ 

Zalgo text is fun!

http://www.eeemo.net/

Update: it kinda looks like she's done that to herself. Cheer up, Suspiria! Don't disappear just yet!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:13:29 am by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

mnmrn

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2018, 12:25:55 pm »
Such a good story.  Very much looking forward to seeing where all this goes.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2018, 04:07:07 am »
Oh good, she's still around.

Time for a haircut though.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2018, 08:39:29 am »
Thank goodness she's still ...there!  Perhaps, changed ~ within a 'stony' chrysalis?

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2018, 11:56:18 am »
Throwing people into the pit solves everything!  :-*

Didn't he throw Bloody Mary in there repeatedly? Maybe it's some sort of temporal vortex. Otherwise, nah, don't listen to this guy.

Update: So that guy is basically a creative writing teacher, who thinks all OP characters unbalance the story. Listen you, we care about interesting characters. As long as the story moves forward with no writers block, this quaint notion of "story balance" is nonsense. That's what kept high fantasy from really expressing itself for at least a century.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 03:43:30 am by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

Deuce

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2018, 10:55:31 am »
I used to find Melter slightly unnerving. Now the multiple panels of shock faced Melter have had me wanting to scoop him (I believe it's a him?) and everyone else out of that place and shove Mr. Conehead McBatshit down the hole.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2018, 04:40:28 am »
Uhmmm... I think we are going to meet our first 'Demon'.  That... being, Melter is attacking was never human to begin with! 

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2018, 05:52:44 am »
Probably second. Psycho chef for Thin Man gives him all kinds of test subjects in exchange for her  getting to play with them when he's done. Sounds kinda pit demon to me.

Demons from the vorpal sea.

Sometimes the high rank sorceror and the researcher are both wrong, and the priestess is right (even though she was wrong that Bloody Mary was one).

Also, I don't like the tar baby look of this. Like this guy might try to suck Melterin to his body.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 05:55:26 am by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2018, 12:42:26 am »
This is the pits! 😆 Well, someone had to say it!

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2018, 02:34:58 am »
Supposedly in the news, there's been a rash of suicides. I, being highly skeptical, think they were murders made to look that way.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverSuicide

It can't be suicide if someone uses a hypnotic voice to make you throw yourself in, after all.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2018, 05:46:14 am »
...weeellll... THIS has turned truly horrific.  Please Suspiria.. 'break the world shell' and save everyone!  "For the Revolution of the World!"

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2018, 06:59:45 am »
Can we expect help from her though? Her heart has hardened.

So to speak.
—Edward D. Morrison

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2018, 12:25:36 am »
Yay 50 Chapters!!!

Keep it up Brion!!  Thanks for all the fun, sexy and thought-provoking comics over the years!