Author Topic: Chapter 49: Discussion  (Read 28000 times)

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 49: Discussion
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2017, 06:45:55 am »
Is Vennice gonna get rid of her eye, too...?  ???  ;D

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2017, 04:36:47 am »
AHHH! Gratifying to know... my faith in Crest's insight into his friends is sustained... I hoped he would realize there must be something outside of all this influencing poor Moby.
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2017, 04:21:53 am »
i have an issue with this scene. Remember how I had issue with the rape? It's the same deal. Crest is guilty of the same thing that Moby is trying to do to her "this is what you want/this is not what you want, do this, do this instead." I'm sure all of you have read Green Eggs and Ham. How much sympathy did you feel with Sam I Am? If you're anything like me, you'd say "none." The guy bullies ppl tell them that this is what they REALLY want until they break down and try the thing. Did (what's his name) enjoy the eggs at Sam I Am's request, or did he merely humor the guy at vain attempt to finally be left alone. What kind of story is it where anyone is supposed to identify with the bully (hence the fact that Sam I Am is named wehile the other guy is just another victim in his worldwide quest to enslave all others under the banner of green eggs and ham :D )? No, nobody deserves to be raped, no one also deserves to be told what is and isn't their decision.

Spells like this can't generate something that isn't already there. She does have feelings for him, the difference is the intensity is distorted by magic. So telling her that her feelings, her decisions aren't real, is basicaly denying her agency. We have the right to make poor decisions based on our personal feelings, without being told "this isn't you" and led down a narrow path, just as we have the right not to be raped.

Yeah, I know this is a rant. But it's something similar to what I heard in church a couple weeks ago. Someone was praying when they had prayers and concerns, for her friend who had decided to skip the last round of chemo and instead pursue alt medicine, "I pray that she will see the error of her ways." I don't think you get to pray that kind of thing. Pray that even though you don't agree with it, it turns out okay. But don't pray for mind control.
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2017, 07:55:55 am »
Mrs Trunks I respectfully  think you're missing some of the point here...

Remember how insulted Moby was when Crest inferred her actions were a little 'Rapey'? She was clearly affronted that such a seriously criminal intent was attributed to her advances. She said she was only doing this because it's what most guys would accept and wanted anyways, she was no rapist and Never needed to force herself on anyone.

Crest made it clear he needed more in his relationships than just sex... he wants his partner's  love affection and commitment ~ not his words exactly  but inferred.

Moby accepted Crest's declining her advances and respected even if she didn't quite understand his choice.

Now she is actually trying to force sexual contact without consent on someone she calls her friend... if he believes her indignity about being inferred as being a potential rapist... THIS sudden change of her approach, even using magic to force her way on someone (I'd forgotten she was a potent sorceress ~ truly, how Sexy is THAT!? ! :)  ), her current actions are certainly out of character... unless she was lying about how most men willingly accept her advances.

Crest is not telling her how she feels he's reminding her what she professed to him before.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:59:38 am by sunphoenix »
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2017, 04:03:42 pm »
I'm not saying it isn't out of character.

I'm saying as a victim of a few "this isn't like you" moments and others where someone tried to guilt-trip me into certain behavior (biggest sore point for me is people who believe I'm a nice person also meaning I'm a pushover when they do exploitative behavior), there is a difference between similar and identical behavior. Not to mention there's moments sometimes, where you've promised to just keep friends... but then you get drunk, and are horny, and that's a bit more difficult.

But yeah, it's obviously a psychological spell.

Update: I still feel this way, even after trying to help a friend who was very much out of character. I don't feel like that's a cool thing to say even if it's the case.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:29:13 am by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2017, 01:34:25 am »
Crest seems to have figured it out, but why hasn't he been affected like everyone else? 😐

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2017, 03:04:44 am »
OMG!!  This story is crazy, guys!!  What is happening...??

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2017, 06:50:45 am »
OMG!!  This story is crazy, guys!!  What is happening...??
Uh-oh. If YOU don't know, Brion, then we're all in trouble....  ;D

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2017, 12:14:12 pm »
Plot Twist: Brion's not really writing the story post Eye arc. Someone's mind is filling in the blanks sorta like Lehm's paintbrush.  :o
—Edward D. Morrison

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2017, 12:23:46 pm »
We will get two outcomes here:
1) the characters do whatever they do due to psychological trauma, depression, pressure, situation etc playing the big part on their mental health
2) or the infamous characters do whatever they do due to evil magic forcing them to do so
First is an interesting outcome which could force the characters to develop by fightning their problems head on, in similiar way what May and Bern had to do, act and survive through in their stories, and the other is simple we did whatever we did cause a third party magic forced us to act like that and it's of course not our fault at all, so lets move on and forget about it.

Seeing how Crest dealt with Moby like a true Maytag would it's rather the 2nd easy one happening, but maybe i still cling to some hope that what happens started with the characters having these ugly feelings inside and the magic just made it stronger than it being complete mind control evil magic to do bad things. Also since we don't see what other two, meaning Vennice and Glyph, are doing with the knives, seeing Moby was defeated by Crest eyes and voice already, that should be more interesting to see as a result, especially since Glyph has someone to stop him in that moment, while Vennice was looking like someone who will cut her veins alone in the room to just bleed out without anyone noticing.

Seeing the result of Crest vs Moby I'm just disappointed, since I hoped Crest wouldn't get out of it so easy like usual, but maybe that's the boon of being the only male MC in this comic.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2017, 03:10:15 pm »

Seeing how Crest dealt with Moby like a true Maytag would it's rather the 2nd easy one happening, but maybe i still cling to some hope that what happens started with the characters having these ugly feelings inside and the magic just made it stronger than it being complete mind control evil magic to do bad things. Also since we don't see what other two, meaning Vennice and Glyph, are doing with the knives, seeing Moby was defeated by Crest eyes and voice already, that should be more interesting to see as a result, especially since Glyph has someone to stop him in that moment, while Vennice was looking like someone who will cut her veins alone in the room to just bleed out without anyone noticing.

Seeing the result of Crest vs Moby I'm just disappointed, since I hoped Crest wouldn't get out of it so easy like usual, but maybe that's the boon of being the only male MC in this comic.

Since Regina seems to be in a dark zone, I assume she is actually asleep. Especially since she didn't respond much in the latter part. So, odds on him getting saved are not as good as you'd think.

Also, I willing to lay 10:1 odds that Lehm is NOT the bad guy in this story. It seems more like someone is running the government, from a sadistic kick of messing with people.

You might want to relook at Crest.

http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=1437
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=1441

He is not resisting and being a hero like Maytag. It amplified his jerkishness. Which just happened to screw with Moby's own issues.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2017, 07:37:47 pm »
I don't get what your saying here..

How is Crest being a jerk by refusing unwanted sexual contact that is about to be forced upon HIM? 
How is HE being a jerk by reminding Moby what she'd already rejected as 'Not the way she is'.. {ie. being Rapey}?

I think your seeing what you want to see.. projecting your hang up on his wording, onto the situation instead of any actual character flaw on Crest's part.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:40:23 pm by sunphoenix »

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2017, 08:02:22 am »
I don't get what your saying here..

How is Crest being a jerk by refusing unwanted sexual contact that is about to be forced upon HIM? 
How is HE being a jerk by reminding Moby what she'd already rejected as 'Not the way she is'.. {ie. being Rapey}?

I think your seeing what you want to see.. projecting your hang up on his wording, onto the situation instead of any actual character flaw on Crest's part.

He's not being a jerk by refusing unwanted sexual contact. That's being assertive. He's being a jerk for wrecking her emotionally by driving the point home over and over again that she's behaving out of character.

http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=3353

He could have stopped here. This (or just refusing to give the person raping any enjoyment), would probably be what Maytag would do.
Actually, tbh Maytag's patented approach to life is the acceptance technique, so she might even LET her rapist do whatever, just to deny him any enjoyment of having her resist (most rapists are also sadists).

But he didn't. He went on for two pages, telling a woman who is doped up on magical juices, how there's something "wrong" with her. When the two other messed up characters are about to stab themselves, having a third led to extreme guilt and shame is not a very "not a jerk" thing to do. I can't see this ending well, unless someone can break this effect.

Also, Crest has known Moby, what, two weeks? Where does he get off telling her what is or isn't her, after one date? There is definitely something wrong here, but I think that thinking Crest is unaffected is wrong. It's an Amplify spell.

• Deadpan smoker got more deadpan
  • Vennice is more guilty about her treatment of Suspiria
  • Crest is more of a judgemental  jerk
  • Moby is a bigger rapist
  • Glyph is more upset about his player nature
  • Regina is stuck in a dream world with Melter

If we have someone not affected, it would be Regina, not Crest. Crest has probably caused Moby to later pull out her own knife.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:12:00 am by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

weirdguy

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2017, 07:50:14 pm »
gee, melter, wasn't that kind of overkill

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2017, 09:22:07 pm »
I seriously think he's here to help.  :-* Telling her about lucid dreaming, cuz this is some sort of dream distortion that makes people behave weird.
—Edward D. Morrison

phillip1882

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2017, 01:29:40 pm »
merry chirstmas guys, hope santa give you what you want.
there are two ways to be a patriot. the first is to join the military. the second is to convince the government that use of military force is unnecessary. the second is much more difficult but also more rewarding.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2017, 05:09:02 pm »
BWhahahhaa! Ok.. {snicker}...you got a real luahg out of my Brion.. absolutely LOVE Polley's Expression in cell 4 of page two... rolling on floor sides splitting... THX!

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2017, 11:09:13 am »
Happy holidays, guys!  Sorry for the repeat pages, but these have all not been posted online for a long time, so I figured people might appreciate seeing them again!

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2018, 01:12:00 pm »
Happy holidays, guys!  Sorry for the repeat pages, but these have all not been posted online for a long time, so I figured people might appreciate seeing them again!
You too, Brion! Hmm, what's he doing, hypnotizing her?

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2018, 02:45:51 pm »
I still think he's helping her.

Regina is probably causing this. Also, Melter is creepy.

—Edward D. Morrison

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2018, 05:45:56 am »
I still think he's helping her.

Regina is probably causing this. Also, Melter is creepy.
Oh, right, his name is Melter. Kinda fitting that he is causing... Melt-downs. 8)

Happy new Year, everyone!

I hope that the groundhog day update will be Melter reverting time once more.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2018, 02:18:23 am »
Each iteration ends with them looking into that crystal ball. And begins at town.

But is Brion really wanted to mess with us, he'd send Crest back to Chapter 1.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2018, 09:19:29 pm »
"Help me Obi-wan Kenobi... Your my only hope!"

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2018, 02:28:06 am »
Wow! That was some thought, Crest!  ;D

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2018, 08:05:42 pm »
Reality HAS been resetting itself. They just haven't noticed it until now.

https://youtu.be/iD-9xaUlg9Y?t=2m11s
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:54:13 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2018, 08:45:48 pm »
Oboy....getting serious here. Susprira makes her appearance! 😎

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2018, 04:25:21 am »
OH HO!!! How sexy ~ Suspira has 'manicured' her horns....!  And appears to be trying to help... again.  Hope she is given the opportunity to get the credit for NOT being the cause of this mess...whatever it is.

Hmmm...I hope she's still 'horny' for Crest... (yeah.. I went there; I'm a bad person 'shrug')
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:08:30 am by sunphoenix »

Caffinator

• Tender Young Virgin
  • It's just one of those days
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2018, 04:34:22 am »
 :o Holy crap! Reality is looping for us as well!!

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2018, 05:28:17 am »
Cool! Ole' Scary Sexy is back!  Suspiria looks in good form! :)

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2018, 09:13:26 am »
Aaaaaaaaaaaand worf'ed.  8)

The Phalanx (except for Q'Talda) should really just go and play tea party with their dolls and leave the grown-up stuff to the people who can actually do something. :P Am I being too harsh on those poor excuses for elite casters?  ::) Phalanx is really just short for Phallus and Laxative, because everything they did was either sexual or crappy or both. So far Crest and Regina performed better than them, because they at least were aware that something was wrong.

So, yeah, looking forward to seeing Suspiria face off with Melter, potentially with a fully-developed Bloody Mary by her side, but I suspect that they will be pwned by him.