Author Topic: Chapter 49: Discussion  (Read 28006 times)

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 49: Discussion
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 01:38:35 am »
"crunch crunch"...? IS HE EATING THE GLASS?! O_O
NO! He's sneaking some bites of peanuts and potato chips so he won't have to share! 😆

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2017, 05:40:29 am »
Regina: Welp it's been fun but... gotta go.

:zooms outta there:
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

MaronaPossessed

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2017, 08:25:49 am »
"crunch crunch"...? IS HE EATING THE GLASS?! O_O
NO! He's sneaking some bites of peanuts and potato chips so he won't have to share! 😆
Darn that lucky SOAB

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2017, 01:15:21 pm »
'Oh NO! The Horror.. THE HORROR!'

...he'd BETTER NOT be jerking off behind that counter or I swear I'm gonna puke!  lols!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:55:41 pm by sunphoenix »
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2017, 12:43:02 am »
hahaha

All that crunching just instantly brings visions of Bloody Mary to mind, if the mention of cannibalism and the mention of Bloody Mary didn't.

Great page, the suspense is awful!!!

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2017, 04:35:19 pm »
Flipside forum keeps timing out, I think there is a glitch.

This scene made me think of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzw6nRnaQG0

—Edward D. Morrison

weirdguy

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2017, 09:37:58 pm »
effing body snatchers

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2017, 03:10:05 am »
effing body snatchers

Yeah... I'm not even an alien parasite, and I wouldn't mind getting inside her body, Yum! :)

...But seriously, here again...we see Crest's most endearing quality. . . "He CARES, about those around him!"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:12:09 am by sunphoenix »
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2017, 11:06:15 pm »
Next she'll start eating ghlass.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2017, 10:03:04 am »
She's trembling... scared ~ with good reason.. she has noticed inconsistencies, that no one else "seems" to have noticed...

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 09:15:39 pm »
Damn you Brion, stop with the suspense!!

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 08:16:40 pm »
"Yeah, I see the peanut shells and potato chip crumbs on the floor. What about it? What do you think it means?" 😁

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2017, 07:14:46 pm »
I think I see now: These people ate most of the potato chips and peanuts, and left the rest to the bartender. (Pause) What?! Work with me, people! 😎

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2017, 12:35:32 am »
"the....PEEEEEPLE"

(How come there's an Amish guy?  Or should I just say "an Amish"?)

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2017, 03:23:57 am »
They're almost like zombies. I think Regina must have knocked over a glass container of... something just to watch him crunching away.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2017, 04:33:15 am »
"the....PEEEEEPLE"

(How come there's an Amish guy?  Or should I just say "an Amish"?)

"Been spending most my life ... living in a zombie {amish}..paradise!"

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2017, 04:54:22 am »
I feel this way all the time.

Update: If she starts eating glass, everyone should probably leave.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:05:38 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2017, 07:52:34 pm »
"Say it, SAY IT, SAAAY IIIIT! AhaAHHHHHHHH!" ~ Sam Kinison 'gone too soon'

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2017, 07:55:33 pm »
I feel this way all the time.

Update: If she starts eating glass, everyone should probably leave.

Uhm.. just out of curiosity... whyfore art thou.. the wielder of the Sword of Sorrow?  And how did thee earn such a dubious burden?

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2017, 05:20:44 am »
It's basically... all of us have stories we want to tell, either fiction or nonfiction.

Mine's largely fiction, though sort of autobiographical.

I was standing new a church one day, looking at a field of wheat and super-tired. I had this daydream of a girl standing in a white robe, carrying a sword. It was sort of Asian style usually either a katana or a Chinese sword, and the end of the handle usually had a chain tied to it, which had a heart attached, usually broken. The heart, not the chain.

When I wrote an RPG game, Oracle of Tao, this became part of the mythos. The girl became Anideshi, a sort of nature hero, that was cursed with reincarnation. Further backstory says this sword isn't even hers. The sword was possessed by an angel Cassiel (the Angel of Sorrow, of course) but it wasn't made by her. It was made by Yomi, the Reaper of Death, who originally used it as a tool. This doesn't come out until playing my second rpg, Tales from the Reaper. To spoil alot, one of the last chapters, Yomi and Seishii (Reaper of Birth, Reapers in this game are less killers of humansd and more like backstage crew of existence, the garden variety psychopomps are called Pales and are former humans) decide they love each other, and to keep existence from being destroyed, they agree to reincarnate a bunch. Yomi then, is actually Anideshi, which means she is rightful owner of the sword.

Now, about this sword. It's basically a sword that causes death. Hence the name. But it's also a sword of regret, which can revive others from death. And the chain extends allowing it to wrap around stuff.

The Sword of Sorrow, in the myth, actually turns out to be the "source of sorrow" as it is a corrupted phrase. The Sword symbolizes sorrow possessed by its  wielder, and its source. What is the source of sorrow, then? In game, it turns out to be loneliness I think. Which is another way  of saying that for much of my adult life, I was extremely depressed and viewed myself as cursed with loneliness. The Sword of Sorrow can also turn into a Sword of Love, because it's effectively the feelings of love/loneliness within the heart.

Curiously, besides the games I wrote, the sword actually exists. It's a letter opener! Back when I visited China we brought back a tiny letter opener that was modeled after a chinese sword, and I attached a chain I found somewhere to the other end, along with a heart made of rose quartz I got from part of a pendant. The sword usually tied closed by its own chain. I'll see if I can post a picture. Technically it's Bearer not Wielder, as I've never used this in any way. I also have a legit katana that I could probly get a jeweler or something to attach a long chain to.

Also, there is a Wuxia show online, called Legend of the Ancient Sword. The sword doesn't have any of the same characteristics, but is called the Sword of Burning Solitude. It's close, but this is kinda a fire sword, while the Sword of Sorrow is water and darkness mostly. Still, it's a fun show to watch.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:27:07 am by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2017, 05:53:00 am »
...Oh my.

First, THANK YOU so very much for sharing that with me, that's very intriguing again I am ... in awe of someone who  looks at things in so much depth, similar ~ I might add to some of my 'flight's of fancy'!  Thank you, I dearly enjoyed the tale!  :-*

And second, I... am truly sorry, your life has been so lonely.  Loneliness I unfortunately am close companions to as well, for in many ways my religious views after a fashion... but I know Jehovah God is my constant companion...even if I feel myself an unworthy and somewhat disloyal friend on my own part. It's complicated. 

I guess the Apostle Paul put it best, "The good that I wish to do is at all times at war with the wickedness of my own sinful heart.'~ paraphrased.  I have spent my life from my youth always trying to be a what I believed to be a righteous and good person... it is so very much harder then it sounds!  Because more often than one might think, the other people ~ friends, acquaintances, and family~ sometimes do not understand your personal choice to try to live for purity the way Jehovah God's word the Bible directs... when seemingly EVERYONE else in the world seems to get by only serving their own desires with seemingly little if any punishment or sadness for their unrighteous choices.  I have made choices in my life to avoid certain activities ~ dating, parties, athletic performance and even some jobs because such activities lead one to compromise on God's principles about sex before marriage, pursuit of riches before serving God's ministry to preach, and 'Bad' Associations that spoil good habits ~ all has for the most part made my life lonely as well.  Oh do not get me wrong my devotion to purity and righteousness has indeed protected me from many social pitfall... children out of wedlock, STD diseases, addiction to alcohol or drugs and no criminal record of any sort... but still I am lonely.  As the years of my life have unfolded ... it has seemed it is not the things I have done in life that I regret the most... but the things I have not done ~

There pretty brunette 'Jill' {last name redacted for her family's privacy} who I went to both Middle and High School with developed leukemia in school.  I learned she was in the hospital and was the ONLY classmate to come visit.  She had always had such dark pretty hair ~ I embarrassingly did not recognize her in the Hospital.  I was so ashamed.  But I did far worse, latter on.  She was a Caucasian girl and I was a young black American, but her family was pleased I of all her associates came to see her... and I was only an acquaintance mostly.  I went to see her because I heard she was very sick cancer and I was so young.. I'd never knew anyone who had cancer .. I just knew it was deadly and I wanted to cheer her up.  I think that was the first time... in my young life that I cam so close to death and dying.  I said I did far worse later on... well weeks later at the High School 'Homecoming', Jill was there wearing a wig I expect no one else suspected because it was indeed very much similar to her real hair.. but no one there had seen her in the hospital like I had.  She literally dragged me to the dance floor to dance with her.  I was young, and so full of devotion to god's principles about no sex before marriage... I was terrified.  I had never danced with a young woman before... and I had not expected her to be there nor her reaction to be so...  Well any ways I gave in and danced with her... and at some point  when I looked in her eyes and how close she leaned against me... she wanted me to kiss her. I turned my head aside..  I wanted to kiss her but again I knew I shouldn't.

Not a day in my life has gone by that I do not regret not kissing Jill.  The song ended and with it the dance.  We parted with uncomfortable but polite words. Minutes latter ... I realized my mistake and and I spent the rest of the evening trying to find her to give her that kiss.  It occurred to me she might think I would not kiss her because of her sickness or somesuch.. I needed to explain to her why I did not kiss her why I was afraid.  I never saw Jill again.  She never returned to school.  I felt so... so very bad.

20 years later at our second 10 year Reunion... I learned that Jill died... she never graduated high school.  I know, I reasonably was not at fault... BUT my heart feels I failed that pretty young woman... maybe if I had given her a reason to keep living maybe she might have fought harder, I don't know but it has been one my life's greatest regrets~ though sadly not the greatest.   ... Damn I'm tearing up here.

Suffice to say.. I know loneliness... he is a terrible companion.

So please when I say... I sincerely hope you find fulfilling companionship in your life and suffer not from loneliness in your future... know that I mean it from my heart, Mrs Briefs!

Thank you for your tale, thank you for sharing it with me.  I think I am also a bearer of the sword of sorrow... it cuts the bearer worse than anyone else I think...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:59:47 am by sunphoenix »

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2017, 08:27:49 am »
You can't be a bearer, there is only one sword. Erm, pen knife.  ;D

But yeah, never let someone else's moral code get in the way of someone you love. Jill sounded really sweet.

It seems like my curse is that I whenever I do meet someone, inevitably they look 18 but are actually closer to 14, have a boyfriend somewhere far away, or they like me but not interested in anything serious.

I have someone I am into, but of course, they're moving away. Eventually.

Update: This is about politics, so I'll try to tone it down.

So, in my state, we had a vote on several governors and such. Yes, I am aware most people smear the republican candidate as a racist, because he was defending "racist statues." I'm sorry, but I believe I do know something about history since I majored in it. Lee wasn't a racist. It doesn't matter. What this is actually at stake is, "should this become a state that believes it is okay to behave like thugs and ignore rule of law (what they did is vandalism)." This is also a vote for higher taxes and unionization, which makes our bad economy even worse. And I know that most of the state in terms of districts actually voted conservative. I know because I have looked at the district map of Virginia and it looks incredibly red (he and the other lost because of big cities and the fact that our state is population rigged). So no, it isn't as if everyone stood and was like bulma sucks.

But it feels exactly like that. That the "town" (the state) is filled with people that there is something wrong with. And there is something wrong with me. I am filled with fear. Fear of my beloved state changing into something I cannot stand. Fear of all the customers gloating about politics like insufferable twits and me being like "get out NOW." Fear of something happening with my town. All I actually ever wanted was a nice quiet life. To be married to someone kinda normal. To settle down. Not to have a stress ulcer at age 35, or have my small town turned into some kind of suburb. I have to act calm tomorrow and I honestly just want to stay home and say fuck it. I literally cannot afford my insurance and do not want expanded mandatory insurance. I just want everything to go away...  :(
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:42:07 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

MaronaPossessed

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2017, 02:20:55 pm »
Jesus, Regina...O_O

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2017, 04:20:44 pm »
Jesus, Regina...O_O

The girl is terrified... how would you feel to wake up in you home town with all the people you know and live around all subtly different seeming? Like they look and sound like all the people, family, friends and lovers you know... but they ALL have a falsetto to their voice and their personalities all seem just characatures of the people you know. You KNOW they are fake and they all keep trying to reassure you ever things fine. While all the people around you you don't know ... the perfect strangers on the street silently, expressionless watch you constantly.

Can you imaging how terrifying that would be.... the question being... are you imagining it, is it all in your head or does that sick sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach real?

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2017, 02:09:36 am »
Yowza! It sure IS you.... 🤤

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2017, 02:06:01 pm »
Oh yeayh!  Moby was always a hottie... but now she's lonely and needs to be loved... by someone whom she trusts and respects to give her life some joy. I don't think this is simple lust... it IS love after a fashion. I wonder if Crest will yield and see this as it is... a plea help for Real affection from a dear friend of her heart?

MaronaPossessed

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2017, 01:13:12 pm »
Something definitely isn't right...

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2017, 07:48:58 pm »
Something definitely isn't right...

Yeah, that sexy feeling is slipping away here and were into creepy slowly building to Eldritch Horror here...!

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2017, 12:05:24 am »
So, 3 pairs about to... do stuff with each other? Looks like this is where the bad guy gets a triple erection and thus becomes able to rewind time again. :)
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=3283

But on a more serious note: Something is definitely wrong here. These people are supposed to investigate a murder case in a very creepy environment. Nooooot the kind of atmosphere I'd want to have sex in. Also not the kind of atmosphere where I'd want to be separate from the group. These guys have been looking so helpless and pathetic ever since we got to see the rewind powers. Time magic is one of the most OP powers in pretty much any fantasy setting, so I'm looking forward to finding out how they get out of this predicament.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2017, 02:39:52 am »
Also, honestly, Regina is a better match than Moby for Crest. It seems like these matchups are designed for their rape leve vs anything else.
—Edward D. Morrison