Author Topic: Chapter 49: Discussion  (Read 27999 times)

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
Chapter 49: Discussion
« on: August 23, 2017, 03:45:34 pm »
Is that Bloody Mary?  ???

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 49: Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 02:40:19 pm »
Okay, this guy on page 2 looks familiar...

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 09:54:15 pm »
Thanks for creating the topic for me!

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 06:21:04 am »
Thanks for creating the topic for me!
You're welcome!  ;D For a second there, I thought I was in trouble for some reason....

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 08:32:45 pm »
Of course not!  It's appreciated.

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 06:17:43 am »
I wonder if this has something to do with Eye...

By the by, where is everybody? Is it just me and Brion now?  ;D

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 11:43:24 am »
Bloody Mary. It's gotta be....  :'(

monimoni

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 04:09:23 pm »
Cannibalized? How can they be sure that whatever it was is human? :P

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 11:30:52 pm »
Cannibalized? How can they be sure that whatever it was is human? :P
Gasp! Someone else is here!  :'( Woo-hoo!  ;D

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 04:52:29 am »
I STILL think Crest should have done Moby... he would have enjoyed it I'm sure!  An be less uptight ~ in general...
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 07:50:45 pm »
Huh? Wasn't Crest there for Bloody Mary?

http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=429

That he asks this about the horns, ignoring the obvious option of Bloody Mary suggests somehow his memory has been altered. Especially because he met Suspiria fighting Bloody Mary, and seems to equate her other activities with cannibalism.

As part of a huge coincidence, I was researching Brahma as part of a study of Hinduism like two seconds ago.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:57:27 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

monimoni

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 04:40:51 am »
Something is definitely up with Crest.

monimoni

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 02:26:03 am »
Guess not. I'm a bit confused, did Crest and the others witness Qtalda's spell on Mary? If I remember right it was just the conclave.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 04:54:54 am »
We have some reason to suspect meta-wise by things Lehm said or inferred that there may be multiple bloody-Mary's running around.
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

mittfh

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 11:05:43 am »
We have some reason to suspect meta-wise by things Lehm said or inferred that there may be multiple bloody-Mary's running around.

It's not just said or inferred - it's canonical that there are three Bloody Mary's running around.

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 04:05:15 pm »
Unless I'm incredibly wrong concerning my English grammar Brion, I think in the fourth panel of the 9/18/17 strip (or 18/9/17 strip depending if you're not in the US), the word bubble should read "You SEEM down", as opposed to "You see down". Maybe she's looking down...?  ;D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:08:40 pm by SAGG »

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 12:39:45 pm »
Unless I'm incredibly wrong concerning my English grammar Brion, I think in the fourth panel of the 9/18/17 strip (or 18/9/17 strip depending if you're not in the US), the word bubble should read "You SEEM down", as opposed to "You see down". Maybe she's looking down...?  ;D

"HEY! My EYES are UP HERE!"

But seriously... Moby is a hottie... Crest could do worse.  And I think it was his tenderness, "I'm sorry... I'll be your friend, ok?"... THAT touched her heart.. like none other before.  Cause that is one of Crest's endearing qualities... he cares.  He genuinely cares about people around him.  Yeah, I can relate to him... I'm like that... or at least I try everyday I live to BE like that...caring about those around me..even strangers.  I could so see myself doing what he did ...hugging Moby and telling her he'd be her friend.

Moby would not admit it ...likely even to herself... but that Really touched her heart.  Something no one has done in a long time ~ if ever!  Lust and desire are one thing.. easily sated and distracted... but true affection... that stays with you.  It feels like a little ray of sunlight shining down upon you wherever you go... warming your heart in the most bleak of situations.  It never leaves or abandons you.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 05:38:35 pm »
I believe someone's pants are on fire.

http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=7
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 05:15:29 am »
I believe someone's pants are on fire.

http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=7

Well... to keep it in context..read the next three pages.  Considering Crest's view of women we learned from when Moby came on to him so strongly... Maytag was likely the first woman Crest EVER even asked to go out with him... he liked her A LOT!  The fact that he even asked her was testament to this.  Likely his conversation with most women was limited to  "Hi!" "Bye.", "Uhm..no." and "Yes, Thank you."

He actually tried to engage Maytag... and honestly... after his attempt with her... has basically given up seeking deeper relationships with ANY woman!  Even Sapristi she actively sought him out...Crest has not actually shown any interest in really any other woman.. though indeed he is concerned about Sapristi... though Love.. might be somewhat of a stretch.  If the Counsel did in fact conspire to kill her parents Crest wants justice to be done.. but he'd do that for any injustice he discovered.

Actually its kind of sad... Crest is a good guy.. he deserves a good woman... he'd never cheat on her or intentionally do things to make her cry... but it seems women only 'seem' to want men who are like that and ignore the really nice guys.  Though Moby seems to have realized ...after the fact what a real Gem of a man Crest actually is... it was NOT her initial draw to him.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 05:17:19 am by sunphoenix »

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 05:47:43 am »
Yeah, but... part of being a good man is being real.

A great deal of men I have basically not empathy for, because they try to act tough, never open up, and never show any kind of vulnerability. Being transfeminine/genderfluid/whatever, this is pretty much the reason I almost exclusively prefer women. Masculinity should be about protecting the family. A good man goes out and makes sure his woman is safe, is kind and gentle, possibly quiet, and isn't afraid to talk about something that scares him. This is something like my grandfather, and kind of the model of an ideal man. My dad, on the other hand, while far from being a macho type, kinda characterizes this sort of big oaf archetype.

I read some book called The Green Man, which was basically about how masculinity has become toxic, because it it has created a sort of macho culture that creates people who aren't whole. Boys. While traditionally, the male was hunter and defender, and actually a real match for a woman, because they had feelings other than just anger. Men. I have no use for boys, so I'd prefer a woman who has her stuff together to anything but a decent guy (aren't many of those).

Regina is a kind and sensitive girl. He would win more points by not pretending he's never been shy when not too long ago, he had to work up the nerve to ask someome out.

Regina is referrimng to page 6, when there were only three.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:42:33 am by bulmabriefs144 »
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 10:20:40 pm »
Yeah... I see your point... and I do agree.  A man too afraid of seeming weak to show his tears when something moves his heart either from grief or from joy is not being truthful or open with the ones he pro-ports to love and care about. It is NOT weakness to show someone how very important they are to you .. and not just that but to tell them often and sincerely how much you love them.

And yeah Regina is referring to the statement a few pages before.. but was that not a different guy?  And if it was not a different guy.. why did the Prison/Fortress change its appearance?  More importantly.. why did the others not realize he changed the number or even more obviously that the Prison/Fortress changed radially in appearance?

I agree... Regina is a sweet and gentle young woman ...clearly seeking true love in her life.  She needs to be showered with affection, held tightly, Kissed tenderly, and Fucked Thoroughly ~ to quiet her fears with arduous, exhausting, love-making! 

But Crest.. I think is the wrong man for that.. he is too private with himself and his emotions.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 06:06:43 am »
I dunno.

Crest is definitely the wrong guy for Maytag. Too sort of by the book, not noble like Bern either, he kinda was a hanger on. And then when May told about her real self she totally would accept her.

Crest is kinda right for Suspiria, if she can detox herself from the seed's influence. It made her revenge crazy, and possibly crazy for real, given how she remembered her past. Right now she's out of the picture.

Dice would be okay for Crest. But he didn't stick around with her.

Moby is kinda wrong for Crest, unless she has hidden dimensions, because she just struck me as a girl who was interested in the conquest and upset that she couldn't get it.

I believe Regina could be right for Crest, and vice versa. But's sorta the "the right time the wrong me" deal. You know that song right? Crest is basically still pining over the past one and kinda in a "to be continued" relationship, because the one with Suspiria was never "it's over, I don't like horny women."  ;D So, Regina she's sweet and she's real, but Crest still sees Suspiria as a working long distance relationship. Unless Crest goes back to that area (I'm projecting my own experiences with a coworker who's sorta a female Crest), and stays for long enough to be like "you know what, this isn't like I remember it", Regina won't have a good chance. And unless Crest opens up,he'll be like that for every girl he meets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3SKMRExoVQ

Misherard lyrics are wonderful. Apparently they say it's " to roll to me".
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 07:45:42 am »
Nod, Nod... I totally agree... and yeah I know that, "the right time, the wrong me'.  Been there~ done that.

Regina could be good for Crest but I agree he's still waiting on Suspiria... and I'm not convinced she is crazy or that lots of foul magic has NOT been used to frame her to 'seem' crazy.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2017, 03:29:11 am »
I'm not sure it's mind control either. I think some of the more perspective wizards (not necessarily stronger, tho Suspiria could) are able to sense something weird. Crest can't, explaining his behavior. It's some kinda reality ripple.

Like timeline 1: Crest is too shy to ask anyone out, Suspiria's parents were killed, Regina was dating what's his name, Bloody Mary killed 3 ppl, town looks one way.

Timeline 2: Crest is a hottie who has never had conversation troubles, Suspiria's parents were alive, Regina wanted to date Maytag instead, Bloody Mary kills more ppl, town changes.
—Edward D. Morrison

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 06:52:58 am »
Holy Groundhog day!  They are repeating... the previous day.  If the Victims jumped from 3 to 23 how long have they been in this Reality/Time ripple loop? Could this be Melter's doing?

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 03:10:15 pm »
Meanwhile, I'm trying to understand the current staring contest going on here.  ;D Is Brion trying to increase the tension,  or something, like showing that bartender knows something, but ain't telling...?

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2017, 05:15:14 pm »
Oh YEAH....! That Fucker clearly knows more he ain't saying...

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 07:36:45 pm »
ohhhkaaaayyyy...WTF is going on here?

Edit: 'And he comes back up with a double-barrel mosberg shotgun leveled at her chest', saying~ "I don't like the cut of your jib missey!" Then let's her have both barrels in a thunderous double ~
 BA-KOOOOOM!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:46:29 am by sunphoenix »

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2017, 01:36:13 am »
I initially thought the guy hoimself broke and reformed. But I'll keep that idea on the back biurner, and say the reason he:s bending down is that a wine or beer bottle broke (why hes bending over).
—Edward D. Morrison

MaronaPossessed

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 04:09:38 pm »
"crunch crunch"...? IS HE EATING THE GLASS?! O_O