Author Topic: Problems with Crest's theory of what happened to Surprisa  (Read 4384 times)

max rose

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
Problems with Crest's theory of what happened to Surprisa
« on: May 17, 2016, 11:30:08 am »
I am new so I am not sure if this is the right place to put this. Also I have tried to make sure these questions haven't been addressed before, but if I am wrong please forgive me for making a redundant post.

Crest says the thin man implanted memories in Surprisa. Despite this, Melter seemed intrigued by Surprisa's change. Also, Q'dlta thought to herself that she could banish the microbe spell at will. Why didn't Q'dlta banish the spell when she learned it had rebounded to the conclave?

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
Re: Problems with Crest's theory of what happened to Surprisa
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 11:54:24 am »
Well, Crest wouldn't know things that Melter said, nor would he know Qtalda's thoughts.  These could easily be problems with Crest's theory, and of course it's possible that Crest is wrong about some things.  You'll find out!

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Crest's theory of what happened to Surprisa
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 08:31:32 pm »
From what I know of designing and playing tabletop RPGs (alot, dammit), I believe I can provide insight on this.

The D&D rules have a spell type known as dismissable, abbreviated as (D). Such spells can be canceled by the caster at any time, including presumably midcast. If he had cast this, and someone tried to redirect it, he could simply poof the flesh-eating critters.

However, this is probably not a redirect spell. It's a mimic spell, so rebound is likely the wrong word because we didn't see a bounce back. That means, it is her doll casting the effect posthumously. Her doll has poor control of it, which is why she almost was eaten anyway, but it was under its control rather than Q'Talda (and undismissable by her).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 08:35:43 pm by bulmabriefs144 »
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison