Author Topic: Boardo!  (Read 3040 times)

mittfh

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
Boardo!
« on: June 12, 2015, 03:03:18 pm »
Based on a round from the BBC Radio 4 panel game "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue", let's see how this plays out in a forum...

Imagine the ultimate board game, which combines elements of every single board game in existence (and in several cases, tropes from quiz shows). The basic idea of Boardo! is to play this (fictitious) game - maintaining a veneer that it's a real game, but in reality making it up as you go along (e.g. move 13 spaces [nobody said anything about using multiple die, or even using die from tabletop RPGs], fall down a snake, find a Trivial Pursuit question and ask to go 50:50). As we're doing a forum variant, we'll call it "Ad-hoc Boardo!", whereby players can drop in and drop out as the game progresses, or even venture into adjacent rooms playing even more incomprehensible games (e.g. Mornington Crescent, which to the uninitated can sound like shouting out London Underground stations at random - but in reality there's an encylopedic-sized book of rules [<--blatant lies]).

So to start, I'll pick up two die and throw an 11 (phew! Avoided the penalty for double sixes!)...
[GO BACK 3]
Oh well, at least that square's empty...