Author Topic: Character development.  (Read 3338 times)

Hagfish

Character development.
« on: March 26, 2010, 06:36:09 pm »
So, in earlier Flipside comics, Bernadette struck me as level-headed, laid back, uneasily phased, and always in control, even when she wasn’t. This is why I loved her so much.

In recent comics, though, she seems disheveled all the time, easily upsetted, and so much less composed than she used to be. She basically strikes me as a clingy character who, at this point, is just along for the ride.

Is it just me who is noticing this? Or is it happening for a reason? I just find that I like her significantly less now. :\

But! Love the comics nevertheless. c:

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: Character development.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 07:19:26 pm »
Well... She has been naked and we know she values her privacy.  Heck, she was angry at Glyph for his spying through her clothes and she'd been effectively molested by Danzig through Glyph's body.  Not to mention Suspira casting a spell on her and prying right into their personal lives.  Basically there's been a lot of things to touch on sensitive things for her but all up I think she's taken it quite well.  Danzig did manage to goad her like she goaded Bloody Mary, but fortunately she's managed to see he's a legitimate threat now and is taking him seriously, closing the gap between them while defending from his blows.

P.S. Love the picture. spider just makes it :P
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Hagfish

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 01:04:54 am »
That's true, and I can completely understand how the invasion of her privacy would effect her like that. But ... I miss "composed" Bern. Brion, stop violating Bern! ;o;

And thanks, that's my Neko bug. She's a total cam whore. =P

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 01:07:58 am by Hagfish »

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 04:05:39 am »
I think you make a good point, and that's something I want to keep in mind when going forward with her character; still, don't you think we saw some "controlled Bern" during both Bloody Mary fights?

Hagfish

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 05:54:37 pm »
I think you make a good point, and that's something I want to keep in mind when going forward with her character; still, don't you think we saw some "controlled Bern" during both Bloody Mary fights?
Oh, definitely - http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic.php?i=631 - that's the Bern I know and love. c:

I don't mean to say that Bernadette's become a totally wuss, I guess there've been a lot of instances where her weaknesses have been poked and prodded, and I'm just having trouble adjusting to the more sensitive and emotional aspect of her personality. But still, I'd love to see more "controlled Bern." =P