Author Topic: Chapter A: Discussion  (Read 13633 times)

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter A: Discussion
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 09:46:37 am »
So this short story ended.

Really so Maytag is an empty container without any emotions who needs to be filled constantly so she could feel it, feel good?

And depending on situation and people she uses a proper personality so they would like her and so she could form new connections cause that makes her feel good/complete?

She saw that entertainers make an easy connection with a bunch of people and are mostly well-liked so she choosed to become one.
And also the whole nymphomaniac nature is May true nature or just a very good way to get really strong connections with more and more new interesting people?

So in a way remembering how her cheating habits gone even while having Bern love at disposal nearby, she's a junkie :P
Shouldn't true love be the strongest connection May can ever hope to get int he world to?

Makes me wonder if Bern knew about this, but I suppose we will learn that.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 12:59:49 pm »
Makes me wonder if Bern knew about this, but I suppose we will learn that.

Let's just say she knows a lot.

Jongarakun

• Collared Pet
  • Woah, momma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 10:19:07 am »
While it did feel a bit forced, and I hated having to go through her story like this, it was a neat concept, and I like it. Mainly because it reminds me of my own childhood so much. It was an interesting trait to add.

Enkida

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Baldur's Gate Portraits
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2011, 08:14:41 am »
So Maytag is basically Tokiko Mima?

Props to perhaps the only other metal idol fan around these parts !

And I would say no unless she starts popping pnk pills and bursting into song, which might then cause her to vomit up those pills again.  ;-)
2 kids = no more comics, but you can still find me doing BG portraits now and then

nilinet

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2011, 12:32:12 am »
After this story, I've been curious about Maytag's mom and what she was involved in. What could that man at the orphanage have known about Maytag's mother that would inspire him to say to her child, "In my opinion, she's abandoned you. Probably because she thinks you're a freak."

I wonder if Maytag is the product of some bigger scheme, like how Bloody Mary was. Is it somehow related to the person the guy in this page was reminded of?:
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=348

I know Maytag has emotions. She's not so empty. Emotions are strong motivators for people behaving the way we do. Her mother made a positive impression on her. To the point where she wanted to try emulating her. I suspect foul play in her mother's disappearance, the perpetrator being perhaps the same reason Maytag/Veranda was born an unusual baby.

I also believe Bern really does know a lot. Evidence being that Maytag has given up a big part of herself (encouraging likability through promiscuity) to make their relationship exclusive an one. Bern even knew all along about that, yet allowed May to make the decision to change instead of demanding it of her.

Haha, I'm thinking too much. I rarely frequent to forums, so there. My backlog of ideas.. Guess I've been intrigued as to where Maytag's life is heading.
I also like how this comic incites people to share their views on society and behavior.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:37:42 am by nilinet »

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2011, 06:55:19 am »
Now you made me think that May is an artifical human creation, and Veranda role was to establish the emotional connection with little girl and then her disappearance was arranged so the girl would develop further by herself...

As crazy theories go ???