Author Topic: New Fantasy RPT?  (Read 3209 times)

Stormin

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Fantasy RPT?
« on: September 21, 2011, 10:47:49 pm »
Since the Sci-Fi story isn't as active as I hoped I feel I can run two simultaneous stories here so the second one (if there's enough interest) is going to be fantasy based.

I already have some pre-fabricated worlds but there are two I am most interested in running, for now I would like to know if there is more interest in one or the other.

1. The New World. Everyone is a player in a new Fantasy MMO on a roleplay server. There are quests, dungeons, adventures and everything without a need for an over arching storyline.

2. The Age of Frost. A no-magic fantasy RPT setting. In a late medieval European type setting the climate is changing. Storms are coming and winters are getting longer and colder. Famines are beginning as well as invasions as weakened kingdoms battle for ever more scarce supplies of food for their people.

If people are interested in playing another setting, please say so. I'll try to go with the story which the most people will be happy with.
R.E.C.R.: There is no way you can defeat the superior power of my massive 56 kilobyte processor!

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
Re: New Fantasy RPT?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 01:40:23 am »
I'd personally perfer 2.... I do more than enough World of Warcraft to be interested in 1.

Stormin

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:54:35 pm »
Number 1 doesn't have much in the way of actual game mechanics getting in the way. The game's style gives a lot more freedom to switching characters (Alts) and going from saving the entire world one adventure to collecting seeds in the next (quests).

Another option I'd be willing to run is my old Da Vinci's Legacy campaign, a steampunk story set in alternate 1860s with war zeppelins and steam powered walking death machines.
R.E.C.R.: There is no way you can defeat the superior power of my massive 56 kilobyte processor!

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 02:49:18 pm »
I like number one, it would be fun to be able to talk as if we live in 2011 Earth and still run around cutting stuff up with swords and beaming stuff with spells. I love that idea. I could be myself as I would be if I had MMO friends to quest with.

And I also love number two. I always enjoy the classical fantasy RP, even without magic.
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Stormin

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 01:06:07 pm »
Well looks like I'm back and this place hasn't picked up any.

So, let's see how many people are around and interested in playing something.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 04:24:44 pm »
I know, unfortunately it happens.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Obsidian_Dragon

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 09:52:40 pm »
Number 2 Immediatly makes me imagine Game of thrones.

SO NUMBER 2 PLEASE =D

Stormin

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 07:58:14 am »
Age of Frost seems the most popular. If we can get 4 reasonably active players I'll start it up.

Daris

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 06:42:26 pm »
Hmm.. Yeah two can be interesting.  If we want to make characters do we post them on here.