Author Topic: Saving Bloody Mary  (Read 6018 times)

gunsandrockets

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
Saving Bloody Mary
« on: July 28, 2011, 11:59:39 pm »
Pardon me if this topic has been covered previously.  I searched for it and didn't find it.

Right.  Bloody Mary.  She is a great character concept and my favorite Flipside story so far.

As I pine for Bloody Mary's possible return in future chapters of Flipside, I think back to Chapter 18, page 18, where Maytag tried to provide a better alternative to Bloody Mary, beyond the tragic choices of death or murder.  What else aside from Maytag's ideas, could Bloody Mary do to survive without resorting to further butchery?

We know Bloody Mary needs human flesh to thrive and survive and that she can't fast longer than a day before her bloodlust compels her to kill again.  But just how little 'food' could Bloody Mary get by with?  Does she have to eat an entire person every day?  That seems unlikely.

I suspect Bloody Mary could slake her bloodlust, though probably not sustain her full powers, if she was able to consume at least some human tissue each day.  Maybe she could survive by drinking a pint of blood.  Blood is a renewable source which could be tapped without the need to kill.  Despite what Melter claimed, maybe some pig flesh could supplement such a restricted diet, as pig flesh is remarkably similar to human flesh.

Or could minor sorcery transform pig flesh enough to resemble human flesh that it could sustain Bloody Mary and avoid the bloodlust?  Of course that option would require the cooperation of a sorcerer.  Improbable.

Could Bloody Mary feed off the recently dead?  She didn't seem picky about her diet from what little we saw so far.  A large enough city might generate enough corpses from ordinary causes that Bloody Mary could feed without needing to kill.  To gain access though Bloody Mary would have to lurk at graveyards or find some way to infiltrate the normal means used to handle the cities dead.  Mortician Bloody Mary?

Wars produce corpses that Mary could feed off of, but there doesn't seem to be any handy wars from what we have seen of the world so far.  Heck any callous enough warlord should be eager to use Mary as a weapon.  Just the production of a fear demon at the right time could break an enemy attack or turn an enemies flank and Mary wouldn't have to shed one drop of blood.

Heh, imagine Mary single-handedly breaking the siege of a large town, and in gratitude the saved townsfolk shelter Mary from her pursuers. :o  Now that's really improbable. ;)

Well these are just a few brainstorming notions.  What do you think?  Any ideas you would like to add?

Japaka

• Erotic
  • Beard, Blood, Booze and Thunder!
    • View Profile
Re: Saving Bloody Mary
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 12:49:13 pm »
All the ideas i've had are like yours really, but i agree with you in that Bloody Mary is one of my favourite stories so far, and i want her to appear later in the comic.
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back and let the world wonder how the f**k you did it.

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:14:10 pm »
I look forward to seeing Chrest defeat Bloody Mary with a Genki Dama.

Flipthecannon

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 06:45:16 am »
Not sure. So far the only people who sounds like they are capable of reversing what was done to Bloody Mary are the ones who did it to her.

All the other solutions you provide honestly seem like temporary solutions. I don't think she can survive long term without consuming human flesh (not pig flesh) or more than just some blood each day and I don't think any city would be willing to let her work as a mortician long term (if dead flesh even sates her appetite) or be oblivious to her presence around graveyards.  Wars lead to what happens during peace time?

Wickedblight

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 01:20:46 am »
I thought i read somewhere that bloody mary's story was resolved in one of the physical books as an incentive to buy it. Of course i could be mistaken

parameciumkid

• Kinky
  • http://helia.heliohost.org
    • AOL Instant Messenger - parameciumkid
    • View Profile
    • Helia - The Girl in the Yellow Dress
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 09:20:03 am »
It wasn't, that was a prologue / backstory thing. I'm all for saving Mary but I have no clue how they're going to do it.
Hi.
I've been out for two years, so warn me if I act like I missed something obvious. ^^;

...oh, and to anyone who missed me, I'm open to hugs, kisses, and intense tearful cuddles.