Author Topic: Chapter 42: Discussion  (Read 56847 times)

Shazam

• Collared Pet
  • Better than Morning Coffee
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 42: Discussion
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2015, 01:44:13 pm »
So now Bern will have to accept doing 2 nights! Polly will just have made things even worse for her.

By the way, I think this conversation has been going on long enough. Put an end to it already.

I agree with that I suppose, a bit drawn out

SparcMan

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • SparcMan's World
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2015, 10:06:40 pm »
So now Bern will have to accept doing 2 nights! Polly will just have made things even worse for her.

I disagree. I think Bern's smart enough to realize that Polly will just keep upping the ante by absurd amounts and give in at this point. Even if not, I'm sure Polly will end up pointing it out.

By the way, I think this conversation has been going on long enough. Put an end to it already.

Here, I agree. This conversation is an entire chapter already.

Also Polly sex scene?  ;D :D :-[

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2015, 09:35:51 am »
Also Polly sex scene?  ;D :D :-[

The first rule about the Secret Area.

9_6

« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2015, 03:30:23 pm »
I don't think polly knows what "priority" means.
Your bitch ass pidgey will always go first and do 1 damage with its quick attack, no matter if you would do 10 damage with selfdestruct or 20 damage with suicide bombing.
Polly needs to learn some of that extremespeed with a higher priority or do a quick attack herself, if she has higher initiative.
Also that pure fighting type team compo is really one sided and could use some work.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 03:34:48 pm by 9_6 »

mittfh

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2015, 12:10:57 am »
Polly - that's not helping matters. You really should have omitted that last clause ("...unless she's willing to do two days.")

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2015, 06:44:56 am »
Polly, your "help" is only making things worse. STOP HELPING! NOW!

Shazam

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2015, 07:43:24 pm »
And after Polly's speech

"That's nice, but I'm an adult. I need you, my friend to support my acting like an adult, standing on my own feet, owning up to my own choices. You can offer your aid, but you can't step in for my responsibilities as if I'm a child. That's not being a friend. The Warden is right. Plus, if we want to work together to get out sooner, your taking ten times as long to finish the task that can get me to an A rank fight costs us time I don't want to spend here. I appreciate it, you're awesome. Now be a friend and help me instead of treating me as a weakling and child who isn't strong enough to take care of herself."

But with more wide eyed staring from everyone else involved :)

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2015, 05:56:56 am »
Polly better have some damn good plan up her sleeve because making this an auction doesn't help either of them. Neither does "listen to me carefully. Don't fight me on this."

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2015, 12:09:37 am »
Bern - "Wha-Why are you doing this Polly?"

Polly - "Cause do you know how expensive it would be to pay for this prison fantasy sex-bondage in a place where 'no aggressive force can be threatened to any citizen for Any reason'Hell, I'm gonna enjoy this!!"

::)

{Creepy}... but seriously, Wow.. there is something ...not quite sane in Polly's devotion!
Her eyes are starting to lack that warm light of what we all call sanity!!

And I agree... Bern is a grown woman .. her decision's should be respected.

And I TOTALLY disagree... I'm by no means tired of this intense conversation!
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

SparcMan

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • SparcMan's World
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2015, 10:49:55 pm »
Regardless if what Polly says next, her reason is that she's convinced herself it's totally her fault that Bern's in prison. That's not really true, but in Polly's mind, there's no doubt. Not only that, but of course Polly still has some deep feelings for Bern and she wants to make up for transgressions against Bern both new and old. It's not a rational point-of-view, but that's what's driving her to such an irrational decision.

Also, sex scenes with Polly...... Hmmmmm....
Have I mentioned that I think she's one of the hottest characters in the story?

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2015, 03:34:14 am »
Also, sex scenes with Polly...... Hmmmmm....
Have I mentioned that I think she's one of the hottest characters in the story?

...aheh. {Blush}...yeah ...Polly is kinda hot.  Goth chicks are Demons in the Sack!  :-[
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2015, 04:20:54 am »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2015, 04:23:13 am »

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2015, 05:43:21 am »
Polly, you are seriously F*ed up! You realize that right?

That is all.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2015, 10:29:35 pm »

That is all.

Love can be fucked up sometimes, can't it?

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2015, 10:47:55 pm »

That is all.

Love can be fucked up sometimes, can't it?

No.  And ...Yes.

What Polly is doing is a ... profoundly personal self-sacrificing choice for someone she believes in and admires more than herself.  What she is doing is not blind devotion, it is deeply felt admiration for the heroic heart of someone she feels she could never be like but wishes she could. 
That speaks volumes of her own character.

It takes little courage, or strength to die for an ideal.. you don't have to face the consequences of that choice, but few are the souls with the forthrightness and resilience to live for an ideal. Because one's principles and actions must continually, day-by-day, defend and uphold that ideal... constantly questioning are you staying true... despite hardship and trail to your ideals and morals! 

It takes courage to live for a purpose, dying for a cause is easy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:50:43 pm by sunphoenix »

SparcMan

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • SparcMan's World
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2015, 06:53:43 pm »

It takes little courage, or strength to die for an ideal.. you don't have to face the consequences of that choice, but few are the souls with the forthrightness and resilience to live for an ideal. Because one's principles and actions must continually, day-by-day, defend and uphold that ideal... constantly questioning are you staying true... despite hardship and trail to your ideals and morals! 

It takes courage to live for a purpose, dying for a cause is easy.

Bravo!
Would someone PLEASE explain this concept to the damn Muslim extremists?! Make a cartoon if you have to... er maybe not.
Actually, the same goes for the extremists of other religions as well. You know who you are.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2015, 03:37:32 pm »
GAH! You cad Brion!  New page won't show! :)

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2015, 01:12:15 pm »
The warden wants Bern to become like them. That about sums it up to me...

Shazam

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2015, 12:30:18 am »
What? Bern had no response to that? She let Polly put her on a false pedestal and once again sat back to let someone else take on the burden of getting things done, and suffering 10x what she would?

Say it isn't so

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2015, 05:20:41 pm »
Warden makes a fair point.  The infamous bagel story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/06/magazine/what-the-bagel-man-saw.html

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2015, 09:51:07 pm »
Warden makes a fair point.  The infamous bagel story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/06/magazine/what-the-bagel-man-saw.html

Read the entire article.. Thank you... very interesting.

"From a certain point of view..."

I'll have to contend that the warden is Wrong, and is confusing hard work and a resilient spirit with having no moral compass~ using that justification for taking the easy route by hurting or taking advantage of others to get ahead serving your own selfish interests alone!

"Life may deal you a hand of two strikes against you off the bat.. But we are ALL responsible for OUR own actions! YOU choose if you want to make that last swing or just take the easy strike out."

"WE Decide if we are going to be good people or if we are going to be bad people. No one else 'makes' us be evil... its a choice and a struggle... Every. Damned. Day. But it is always up to us. No one else."
- me, from another web comic forum.

I'd prefer to live my life a little more upright.. not stepping on my fellow man just to serve my own benefit.  I know its an unpopular notion to some.. but I believe in a Grand Creator.. who made mankind for a noble purpose out of simple love... and I believe he is keeping score of how we treat our, at least, 'spiritual' brother's and sisters of humanity; even if everyone else thinks and acts like... "it's me or him!"

Not a criticisim of you Stargoat, just giving my opinion... and sorry if I got too preachy.

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2015, 05:39:59 am »
No criticism taken at all. I'm entirely too honest for senior management roles, in fact was told off literally last week for it.

Doesn't mean what I propose is wrong though. I do see the Warden's view. The successful in life tend to be morally ambiguous. I believe in a society that abhors violence and guarantees 3 square meals, where promotion and welfare is based off the feelings of a few men, cheating pays.

By denying Bernadette the right to fight even though she knows Bernadette to be a skilled warrior, the Warden has effectively raped Polly herself. Warden has deliberately failed in her role in an effort to (presumably) increase her social standing by providing a (voluntary) sex slave victim. There will likely be no repercussions for Warden, as given her nonchalant attitude, we can guess that Warden has done this in the past.

I will not suppose the existence of a creator keeping score. All I can say for certain is that moral ambiguity can lead to advancement in many societies.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2015, 05:55:53 am »
:) Cool.. I can see your point.  Yes, the morally ambiguous do 'seem' to get ahead because a person willing to do anything for their advancement or benefit will do things even OUR society would condemn as immoral and in many cases illegal.  They will survive.

But I contend, "It's not enough just to Survive, one has to be Worthy to survive!"

A Morale system of right and wrong, Justice and Punishment is what has lifted mankind, 'mostly', out of savage barbarism & anarchy and given rise to civilization.

We do not have cultures centered around human sacrifice on top of pyramids anymore do we?  Why.. because a morale compass has told us such societies do not serve the greater good of mankind as a whole. 

I contend weather one believes or disbelieves in a 'God' watching an judging from above that a morale society is a much more stable and superior society than one bereft of such.  In fact I feel that every social advancement our race has ever made is because of a strive to be a morale and justice-minded species.  There are indeed a glut of profoundly Amoral people out there who would slit your throat as soon as look at you... but society in-general makes such misanthropes outcasts at best and criminals in common.

Am I postulating some 'inherant' goodness to mankind?  Far from it!  We are constantly driven by greed for more than we need or deserve... but ... taking the religious tact, we also know what is good and evil.. and we know we should be moral beings.

We are souls.. with the spark of divinity from our divine creator, made in his image... we are NOT just animals who can talk!  We are held.. and should hold ourselves to a higher moral standard than just... me first, survive at all costs!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:09:28 am by sunphoenix »

Wulf

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2015, 12:10:08 pm »

We do not have cultures centered around human sacrifice on top of pyramids anymore do we?  Why.. because a morale compass has told us such societies do not serve the greater good of mankind as a whole. 

I contend weather one believes or disbelieves in a 'God' watching an judging from above that a morale society is a much more stable and superior society than one bereft of such.  In fact I feel that every social advancement our race has ever made is because of a strive to be a morale and justice-minded species.  There are indeed a glut of profoundly Amoral people out there who would slit your throat as soon as look at you... but society in-general makes such misanthropes outcasts at best and criminals in common.

I find these two statements rather bizzare when put together. I am fairly sure that most cultures that did the whole human sacrifice thing did not do so because it was fun or all that empirically productive, but because a narrative was created that doing such a thing would please some kind of God or otherwise Divine Being who would in turn provide some kind of nicety that would help the community. In this case, a God watching did indeed support what would be considered rather immoral today.

While it is true that societies that banned all kind of religions by force were certainly not very nice at all, I contend that most of them simply traded a God for another one. Lenin is great and Stalin is His prophet, or that whole Juche thing.

As for the whole divine spark thing, I am all to support the glorious Flying Spaghetti Monster who will decide in His/Her/It Infinite Wisdom if we will have delicious meatballs for eternity or if we will be stuck with cans of lukewarm Chef Boyardee, but I still think there is also a risk of elevating humanity a bit too high compared to what it actually is. Most people might have stopped throwing poop, but toilet humor is still quite popular, so I dunno if the fruit fell all that far from the tree.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2015, 05:44:46 am »
And now it's time for Bern's A rank-up test. Is that her father there in the audience? Hmm. I wonder how he was able to afford a ticket.

Confirmed. It's him, and he somehow managed to scrape together enough money for it. And it's worse than he thinks. The arena didn't just force her to fight three on one, they had her friend pay a rather high price for it too.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:35:26 am by Azure Priest »

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: January 30, 2015, 12:23:41 pm »
I think I feel an ass-beating in the works... and not Bern's.  I think she's plenty mad enough now to whup some kieshster!

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2015, 08:45:02 pm »
I think I feel an ass-beating in the works... and not Bern's.  I think she's plenty mad enough now to whup some kieshster!

Gah! She's fighting faceless golems! AAAAYYYYIIIEEEEE!!!

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2015, 07:14:28 pm »
SPOILER ALERT:

Brion based Bernadette's fight on the outcome of the New England / Seattle superbowl game.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2015, 05:35:49 am »
SPOILER ALERT:

Brion based Bernadette's fight on the outcome of the New England / Seattle superbowl game.

You mean they're using illegally under-inflated balls under the direction of a coach who's a known cheater?

In other news, holy freaking cow feces! That's a rather harsh standard. Come on, Bern, you can do this!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 05:42:23 am by Azure Priest »