Author Topic: The Alphabet Game  (Read 6667 times)

mittfh

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
The Alphabet Game
« on: February 03, 2014, 03:14:49 pm »
Something a little different to previous games here, but something that's worked well on a few other fora I've participated in.

The concept's simple enough: work our way through the alphabet, naming characters / places / weapons / concepts etc. within the Flipside Universe. I'll kick off with A, the next poster finds something starting with B, the following poster C etc. If we manage to get to Z, we'll wrap around - at which point, if I remember, I'll put a summary of the answers to date at the bottom of this post so we don't repeat ourselves.

Obviously, some letters will be harder than others, so if a reasonable period of time (about a day?) transpires without anyone posting the next letter and you can't think of a word starting with it, you can cheat - either by using a word where it's the second letter (e.g. eXperiment) or skipping it.

So to get you started:

A is for Ashley (Former Assassin, Rogue Warrior according to her Bio page. Book 0 character?)

maddhopps

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
Re: The Alphabet Game
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 11:51:03 am »
B is for Bernadette

This is book 0 if you want to read it.
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic/book0/comic.html

mittfh

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 01:00:45 am »
Yes, I'm aware of Book 0 and will get around to reading it sometime - but since Book 1 (to date) consumed every evening for a week plus most of the weekend (38 chapters --> 3 double size,  35 standard size = 41 chapter equivalents = 1,230 strips. Add 171 intermission strips = 1,401 strips), I'll hold off for the time being :)

C is for Crest, who started off as a fairly main character, got Demoted To Extra (which got Lampshaded in one intermission), but is starting to re-emerge again (once we've got back to events in Eschelon - probably in two chapters time, after finishing Bern's intro to the Colosseum and catching up on May's encounter with The Thin Man).

(And no, I'm not linking to TV Tropes - you're all more than capable of getting yourselves lost there without me making it even easier!)

maddhopps

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 03:43:35 am »
D is for Dirk (Umbers Husband)

mittfh

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 12:21:54 am »
E is for Eschelon, where Crest's currently attempting to deal with a supercharged Suspira...

maddhopps

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 08:19:15 pm »
F is for Fata Morgana, A sorceress who creates illusions and is currently traveling with Moss.

mittfh

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 01:57:55 pm »
I thought I'd wait and give a chance for others to jump in, but what the heck, maybe if us two keep playing, it will eventually tempt others over to the Hall of Games :)

G is for Glyph, who drove our intrepid quartet (Bern, May, Crest, Suspira) from Brahma to Eschelon.

maddhopps

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 07:44:52 pm »
At the very least we can end up with a decent list of people, places, and etc for reference.

H is for Hellmouth, a poker player in Solstice who tried to cut Crest's eyes out for cheating.

mittfh

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 12:24:04 am »
I is for the various occasions when characters have broken through the Fourth Wall and agreed to give interviews with their audience...

maddhopps

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 11:14:51 am »
J is for Jester, Maytags current profession.

mittfh

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 02:57:51 pm »
K is for Kings - while we haven't met any yet, and while Iscariot isn't a monarchy (it's a kind of oligarchy), May implies that monarchies do exist elsewhere in the Flipsideverse.

maddhopps

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 05:40:11 pm »
L is for Lucient, ex-boyfriend of Regina, who could sometimes be a jerk.

mittfh

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 01:31:35 pm »
Hmm...

...M...

...a tricky one...

...now let's see...

...what could there possibly be in the Flipsideverse starting with that letter? :D

M - Maytag.

maddhopps

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 04:43:11 am »
Way to go with an easy... *looks at my first post in this topic*.... never mind.

N is for Noventia, A sorceress who was whipping her hair back and forth before Suspiria made it cool.

mittfh

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 02:24:22 pm »
O is for Orransong - presumably part of the Book 0 adventures, described on TV Tropes merely as an ally/friend who's Easily Forgiven and a Heteronormative Crusader.

akashayi

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 01:20:31 pm »
This looks like fun.

P is for Polly, Bernadette's old friend

http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=1879

maddhopps

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 06:32:49 am »
Q is for Quest, something the main characters occasionally take on.