Author Topic: Intermission 27  (Read 7338 times)

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
Intermission 27
« on: October 27, 2013, 10:18:58 pm »
This is the thread for discussing the intermission.  Enjoy pics of my zombie wedding!

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: Intermission 27
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 06:51:37 am »
OOh. I'm loving it! Nice to fill in a bit of the backstory for these powers and abilities. Unfortunately, it is a bit of a spoiler for the "three Mary" mystery.

9_6

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:51:35 am »
Show, don't tell.

Gillsing

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 06:31:34 pm »
Or tell, if Bloody Mary can't be convinced to give detailed lectures on the subject of her recently combined powers. ;)

Cool zombies. 8)

9_6

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 07:30:31 pm »
Or tell, if Bloody Mary can't be convinced to give detailed lectures on the subject of her recently combined powers. ;)

Cool zombies. 8)
That was a spoiler in the flavor text.
You don't put spoilers in the flavor text. This ain't final Fantasy 13.

It's like slapping a paragraph explaining medichlorians and how the emperor can shoot lightning out of his hands in detail in your face right after Luke Skywalker briefly wonders what the deal with the force is for the first time.
Qtalda briefly wonders why there's 3 marys and now it is spelled out for us that mary can make clones and how it works, that they can't talk, how many people she needs to eat to make them etc.
We're also told instead of shown that suspiria constantly changes her appearance.
You don't do that.

If you want to explain Lehms or Melters powers next, don't. Please don't! Stahp!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:42:56 pm by 9_6 »

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 06:30:57 am »
Hubba-Hubba! Whos the cutie with the sword over her back in the 6th Panel?

Woman + Sword-wielding = All Sexy! :)
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 08:14:33 am »

Cool zombies. 8)
That was a spoiler in the flavor text.
You don't put spoilers in the flavor text. This ain't final Fantasy 13.
If you want to explain Lehms or Melters powers next, don't. Please don't! Stahp!!

It kind of is.  Part of the advantage of a strip like OOTS or a Mechwarrior Book is that everyone knows what a Disintegrate Spell does or what an Awesome is.  This is not necessarily the case here.  I liked the "filler" material.  I enjoy this world more as a result.

Enkida

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Baldur's Gate Portraits
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 06:39:51 am »
I don't know, i liked getting an explanation as to why the flesh eating microbes didn't eventually consume the world.

But I disliked the deus ex machina filler strip for the Bloody Mary clones. That was a bit of a letdown.

i am totally digging the zombie wedding pictures, i might add :)
2 kids = no more comics, but you can still find me doing BG portraits now and then

9_6

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 07:13:58 am »
That looks like the most awesome wedding ever.
Congrats!

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 05:03:59 am »
You certainly had fun there. I salute you oh lobstered one!

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 07:22:00 am »
Cool.  I like the Intermissions.  They're fun.

weirdguy

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 06:34:06 pm »
frankly, i can't dictate the terms of how you spend your life over a comic, but i can still joke about how crest is the only person emo enough to wield a sword that he purposely has to cut himself with in order to use its ability

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 11:44:02 pm »
This is the thread for discussing the intermission.  Enjoy pics of my zombie wedding!

Congrats Brion! the pics look fabulous! So should we worry about an undead lobster running around at Acen now? Lol looks like it was a fun wedding ^_^

so did your wife die her hair or is that a wig? You both looked spectacular ^_^
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 11:36:42 am »
Oh Gods!  You are SOOOO corrrect Maytag...!!

Watching "May"...the lesbian hottie is Adorable!

Haven't finished the movie yet... but I find myself rooting for poor, terribly shy May toeither get Adam to screw her soundly til she squeals in delight.. or make out till she gasps in exhausted after glow with Pollu.  May needs a lucky break... she's weird.. but sweet.

At least... thus far... I'm sure things will go bad.. for her unfortunately.
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 10:41:55 am »
lol... ok.. that was freaky!

May apparently is a... lol.. witch as she made 'obviously' unbeknowst to her.. a pact as she murdered several people to create her monster... and in the end made a personal sacrifice to seal the deal...'so to speak'.  Sounds like a pact with hell to me! :)

Cemetary Man..wow. Bazaar to say the least... felt sorry for him as he never got the girl in the end!  "Death" was messing with him!

All in all.. interesting movies! :)

Thx, Brion!