Author Topic: Chapter 30: Discussion  (Read 70628 times)

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 30: Discussion
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2011, 12:37:07 pm »
Maybe, maybe(I know this is just mine long lasted dream) we will see Crest getting abused and hurt by kidnapers!
Later just to be barely kept alive thanks to this healing sword.

So far mostly it's May role of getting hurt and Bern too had similiar encounters.

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2011, 01:13:14 pm »
Lol, Crest has been getting the crap kicked out of him during his training. But I know what you mean, he has gotten away pretty clean compared to some of the others. May cut off her pinky finger to save Bern and was will to lob off her breats and had/let her whole arm be eaten, Bern almost died, and all that has really happened to Crest is a bitch slap from Voulger when he tried to stand up for May, and almost had his eyes cut out during the poke game. But almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades...

I don't think that he will be kidnapped, but he'll try to play hero and get a royal beat down.

Or maybe the "Student" will get mad and light him on fire or "force push" into a stone pillar, breaking all the bones in he body. Wow... for a character I like, I'm really thinking of some mean things to happen to him, lol.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2011, 02:29:15 pm »
I'm changing my bet to really rough sex and the healing sword is all that keeps him alive  ;D
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2011, 02:59:34 pm »
LOL, thanks for that image of Crest getting raped. He's all tied up with a gag and Suspiria in a dominatrix outfit holding the sword saying "this will only hurt at first, but you'll learn to love it".

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email

xrdn

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2011, 06:16:24 pm »
wait even better how bout this "student" says something that pushes Crest over the edge and starts a fight with her and that guy behind her. He gets beat up but acctully holds his own for a bit (but still gets a thrashing) then some one stops it

alright Crest better do the right thing now like say"I dont care what you did only what you do" Or "I've only seen a side i like and i'll stick by you from now on."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:29:03 am by xrdn »

crazy_razor

• Slave Groupie
  • i feel like i can dream, too.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2011, 11:10:16 am »
it looks as if every character in Flipside is afflicted with false confidence. i don't think there's been a single character that actually is good at what they say they are. there's always a hidden weakness underneath. even Suspiria, who came on the scene saying "I'm a genius!", Moss, even our archetypical May, who never falters...every single one of them is crippled by their own weaknesses. i would say the 'strongest' character is Bernadette, but that's only with swords. very interesting.

to be honest i find that slightly disappointing about Suspiria...finding out that she's a shy, weak little girl underneath, just like all the other characters. i thought she'd be the one to break the mold and actually be as confident and capable as she said she was.

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2011, 12:34:42 pm »
i thought she'd be the one to break the mold and actually be as confident and capable as she said she was.

I think she is as capable as she says, but I know what you mean. I feel that Suspiria never had "suffered" before and now with the death of Kin, she's received a rude awakening. Maybe if Kin and Suspiria had take the Bloody Mary situation seriously, I feel they took it as a game, things may had turned out differently.

As for the false confidence thing, the only person who doesn't suffer is Crest, unless I missed something. He seem to suffered a lack of self confidence and he is slowly finding his balls. I like that no one is perfect in this world. Makes everything a little more plausible and helps, me anyways, to get into the story more.

Tho I should have seen this coming, if she behaved like she did during the Bloody Mary situation, then yeah, it's easy to see why no one likes her. I hope she will learn and grow from this. She showed us she has the power, now we just need to see if she's mature enough.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2011, 02:46:43 pm »
"...Unpleasent person I WAS"

I think that last word is a key in this discussion.  Despite a few relapses I'm still willing to believe that Inverness has matured a little from that attitude, mainly as a result of loosing Kin due in no small part to her immaturity as much as his.

P.S. LOOOOOVE the colouring Delusion.  Guess we know the cover for Book 6 (or maybe book 7)

xrdn

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2011, 06:31:42 pm »
so who thinks crest will rrrreeeeaaaallllyyyy screw this up or will he be a man help Suspiria

curse you for making a comic i reeeeaaaalllly like and cant wait till the next one and you know how to end a page thats for sure will hurry up friday

gunsandrockets

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2011, 07:13:39 pm »
I wonder what Clairen's nickname was... Could it really have been maneater even back then?

...nah, Bern would have realised that an assassin with the same name would be her.

Still loving the angle of parting Bern and Maytag while tempting them with other possible partners... I'm betting Maytag resists but Bern submits to temptation.

Damn.  That's a good catch.  Why didn't I see that?

gunsandrockets

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2011, 07:47:03 pm »

Certainly, Maytag would likely not have a problem with giving Bern her blessing for intimacy with others and could even be alright if she only heard about it shortly after the act.  But if Bern tries to keep it from her, I'd imagine there might be issues of trust.

Despite Maytag's self-confessed selfishness and self-centeredness, when it comes to the crunch she acts like a saint.  That's why so many characters fall for Maytag or become friends with her, even Bloody Mary.  So when you add the love Maytag feels for Bern I doubt May would feel badly at all over infidelity by Bern even if Bern lied about it.  At the worst May would feel mild disappointment over Bern violating her own code.

On the other hand I could see Bern tormented by guilt.  So badly tormented by guilt that even Crest would catch on to what's going on, let alone the empathic Maytag.

Of course now that I contemplate such a possibility, I find it hard to see Bern ever cheating.  She loves May too much.

The only plausible way, is if Bern thought May had left her or that May was dead.  Then when re-united with Maytag, Bern would feel horribly guilty (even though she really shouldn't, that's just how Bern is).

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2011, 10:29:38 pm »
I doubt May would feel badly at all over infidelity by Bern

As much as I agree with this, I would hate to see it. I would hope she would be hurt that Bern broke her promise at least. But I feel that May would just forgive on the spot without a second thought. Bern will be dying inside with the guilt, that's obvious enough. Bern doesn't like hurting May. She felt bad after yelling at May for the nude drawing and didn't want her to cut off pieces of herself during the Derricks stand off. I could see Bern starting... like making out and getting into bed with (can't remember person's name. Wanna say Jack, but that's what I'm drinking), but would stop before things got to far.

so who thinks crest will rrrreeeeaaaallllyyyy screw this up or will he be a man help Suspiria

This wont faze him at all. Suspiria would be the one to mess this up. He seems to care enough about her. I still love the "sleep with me" moment, where all she really wants is Crest to be there. I hope this works out between them.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2011, 02:56:51 am »
HEHE, The vote incentive looks almost like Suspira is rolling her eyes at the request.

AND YOU GO CREST!

Kin was killed by a monster created by the Thin Man who was killing innocent people, including women and children, daily and would have killed more if not for Suspira and Kin's actions to arrive about 4 days earlier and deal with her.  Bern would have died for certain for one.

While Suspira can easily be construed as the most wreakless one who battled Bloody Mary, all four of them concluded that Bloody Mary must have died from the meteor and walked away from the site without posting someone to at least keep a watch:
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=532

And it was Kin who ultimately choose to face her again, when he had little or no hope of survival (until Suspira cast the spell on his sword):
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=601

I suppose he took the responsibility of the Phalanx much more seriously than Suspira, as we see in the next page after that last, but he was just as slack in dealing with her, not even drawing his sword until Suspira called upon him to finish her off.  If she'd attacked him through the wall instead of Suspira, he would have died there.

xrdn

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2011, 06:27:04 am »

This wont faze him at all. Suspiria would be the one to mess this up. He seems to care enough about her. I still love the "sleep with me" moment, where all she really wants is Crest to be there. I hope this works out between them.
[/quote]

yeah that is one of my favorite scenes. But i like the part when he tells maytag

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2011, 09:42:47 am »
OMG! It must be my birthday! Or Christmas. Page 17, wooohooo!

They are both right tho. If you want to go to the extreme, then it is all Suspiria's fault since it was her idea to go, cuz if they weren't there, Kin wouldn't have had to make the choices he did. But regardless it was still Kin's choice to follow her on this "mission" and then to face Mary alone. I like that she recognizes she is not completely innocent. I have a feeling Crest will say more or less the same as I did about it being Kin's choice to do what he did. They will have a bit of a fight, one will walk away, Suspiria will show up at Crests place for make up sex and live happily ever after.

crazy_razor

• Slave Groupie
  • i feel like i can dream, too.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2011, 09:45:43 pm »
Crest is becoming one of my more well-liked characters. he just seems like such a good person all around. aww.

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2011, 10:28:09 pm »
Anyone getting Good Will Hunting vibes? ;) IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!

Crest's spiral eyes as of late remind me a lot of Mashiro from Bakuman.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2011, 02:23:42 am »
Does 'kismet' means 'kiss me' maybe?
 :-*

Kamui

• Tender Young Virgin
    • MSN Messenger - kamuihyuga@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2011, 03:25:53 am »
I think Kismet is just a phrase that means "Good!" or something similar, kinda like Bueno is in Spanish.  Also, was reading back through the chapter, and dunno if anyone mentioned this earlier, but on page 13, panel 3, we're seeing the left side of baldy's head, but don't see his tattoo.  Disregard, saw there is a mistake thread, shall hunt through that.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2011, 03:33:15 am »
Kismet from Wikipedia: "Fate or Destiny in Turkish and Urdu, a predetermined course of events"

I don't know what to think of Inverness' response here... Disturbing to say the least.  Something is not right, I don't know if it's something Melter did or if she's going through some further stages of grief or self-loathing that could be dangerous.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2011, 04:59:38 am »
True, I totally forgot that Melter played with Suspiria a bit and we don't have any kind of idea what he did then to her.

He might was just checking her for the procedure, but what if Suspiria is already implanted with something?

And no, I don't mean here anything naughty.

xrdn

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2011, 06:02:51 am »
no i think she just wants to be at fault for his death. she ended the argument with Crest cause i feel she truly likes him maybe even loves him. Kin was her whole world and his death really hurt her this is just a stage of grief and i've seen this in real people mainly myself.
When something you see as perfect as suspiria saw kin and sometime just to make since of that loss you will fix it in your mind to blame yourself. right now she sees he weakness being what got him killed she doesnt even see the fact of Kin would have fought with or without her and would have died in the fight.

well that just how i see it

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2011, 06:04:02 am »
...What if Melter was only doing a follow up check?
...What if Suspira has already been worked on before in her life?
...What if Thin Man is responsible for Suspira reaching Level 3 sorcery without Disolving tests?

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2011, 12:26:13 pm »
I don't know what to think of Inverness' response here...
Yeah, I expected a little different myself. Maybe she just wanted to end it before it blew up into something bigger, kind of like xrdn suggested.

...What if Melter was only doing a follow up check?
...What if Suspira has already been worked on before in her life?
...What if Thin Man is responsible for Suspira reaching Level 3 sorcery without Disolving tests?
That's an interesting idea that didn't cross my mind. I'll have to track down that scene again when I get off work. I don't remember that to well right now to really comment. I hope that she is not one of his experiments.

Andrea

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2011, 05:28:17 pm »
you know what, I just hope nothing bad happens to Suspria (that is the character more likely to be put in danger due to that checkup) and the Crest.

During these years of reading Flipside I choose her as my favorite character, and I really like a possible Suspiria+Crest couple (while I wouldnt like her anyless if she rejects him).

I just hope she don't die/turn something strange/etc...

Ryuu

• Experimental
  • I like robot ninja chocolate monkeys!
    • MSN Messenger - r_y_u_u@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2011, 01:50:51 am »
i quite like Suspira and Crest as characters, it would be nice if they got together.

Flipside desktops, knock yourself out.
now with more pictures!

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2011, 03:45:24 pm »
Keeping it short because I've got to run, just throwing out two thoughts.
1:  Man, you guys want to be MEAN to poor Crest.  :)
2:  As for the confidence thing, well, how's that different from real life?  Most people you meet who are outwardly confident and bold, feel shy and withdrawn inside.  It's called putting up a front and most people do it.  :)  It's realistic characterization.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2011, 11:22:57 am »
1:  Man, you guys want to be MEAN to poor Crest.  :)
No, we just want him to get a little of similiar treatment as May and Bern got so far, a bit of equality in it since he is too one of main characters in this story :P

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2011, 12:12:40 am »
i quite like Suspira and Crest as characters, it would be nice if they got together.

I dunno now... I'm kind of liking the idea of a Crest-Regina pair up.  Crest just seems to be too much of the underdog compared to Suspiria with her level 3 natural magic and personality, etc.  Regina, on the other hand, is a much more meek and humble person who, while skilled, isn't at the top of the ladder in any field.

In fact, if I think about it, both Regina and Crest are sort of multi-class characters, with Regina having some skill in Sorcery and now entertainment but being an expert in neither while Crest has that rouge side with his poker and cheating skills but also some skill in swordsmanship now.

Bern, Maytag and Suspiria are the super team between sorcery, swordsmanship and rogue/bard while Crest and Regina are the meek team with lesser swordsmanship, magic, rogue and bard skills.