Author Topic: Chapter 30: Discussion  (Read 70627 times)

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 30: Discussion
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2011, 08:16:00 pm »
I think a sword is a good guess, though if not maybe another kind of weapon or some equipment.

I miss Suspiria's magical hair though and hope she gets it back eventually. This hairstyle just makes me think of her as Crest's sibling -__-
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 08:45:38 pm by vintage »

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2011, 09:40:32 am »
Wouldn't it be funny if she would give Crest a chastity belt?
And mention that she will be the only one having the key... :-*

But seriously a good sword seems as nice idea.

Hans

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2011, 11:14:43 am »
This hairstyle just makes me think of her as Crest's sibling -__-
That could be deliberately. She wants to be as near to Crest as possible, even look like him.
</crazy theory>

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2011, 03:21:32 pm »
This hairstyle just makes me think of her as Crest's sibling -__-
That could be deliberately. She wants to be as near to Crest as possible, even look like him.
</crazy theory>

Haha that reminds me of an article I read years ago about how Brad Pitt tends to change his hair to match whoever he's currently with at the time:

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2011, 05:10:02 am »
Lana?

EDIT: checked, and nope. Lana had Pink hair.
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=1235

EDIT2: Maybe a relative of Kin's.  Possibly the girl seen to the far left in panel 1 here: http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=1043

But considering that Suspira tends to be a bit of a bitch and that Kin was apparently the only one who could put up with her, I guess it could be any student who's studied with her and had to put up with her attitude.  Everyone loved Kin and now he's dead.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:42:37 am by charles »
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

twalker500

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2011, 06:26:05 am »
So did Suspiria just call Crest Kismet, or did she randomly say that name for no reason? I'm currently leaning towards the former.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2011, 07:34:19 am »
So did Suspiria just call Crest Kismet, or did she randomly say that name for no reason? I'm currently leaning towards the former.

"Kismet" is the avatar of Fate.  By saying it, she's basically suggesting that this Crest and this sword were fated for each other.  As for that "student," what a BITCH! Suspira's been through a great deal and NEEDS Crest's support as well as that of her friends. She does NOT need someone "rubbing her nose in it."

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2011, 11:02:09 am »
I'm really scared for Crest with Suspiria. It feels very reboundie. She seems to have latched onto Crest very fast and very hard, you can see the turning point in Chapter 22, Page 18. Yes she did just lose her lover who she seemed very close to, and Crest seems like the person to lend his shoulder to cry on. But it's the fact she seems only interested in Crest comforting her and she is doing all of these nice things for him, paying for Phalanx training and now the sword, sends up a red flag for me.

I also don't know how I feel about Suspiria just yet. To me, too many sides have come out to really get a feel for her, She has been kind of a spoiled brat during Bloody Mary, kinda of angry and spiteful during Nagelring, and now this quite and reserved girl. I would like to think how she is now is really how she is. I think they would make a good couple. But i just have my doubts right now. (I tend to see things half empty, but it's still 6oz of beer in the end).

Keeping on this slightly negative outlook, who else thinks the portal idea will backfire? Not intentionally by Suspiria, but that just seems too good to be true. Either May will end up somewhere else, some how get stuck in limbo between portals or May will not make it back though in time (not really a bad thing, more minor inconvenience. BUT! could cost her the wining if the contest isn't over before hand.)

Sadly my focus is on Crest. I really like him. As much as I would like to see him get some "action", I want it to be for the right reason and right person.

I know it's just me but Bern's "stick" is driving me crazy right now. I'm not saying she needs to be more like May and be cool with sleeping around, but she seems to be constantly at odds with May's personality. I don't understand how you can be that in love with someone but also so at odds with who they are. Bern just seems to be putting up with May. They both have this feeling that they can't see themselves without the other, but Bern seems unwilling to make a compromise where May is willing to basically give up a drug for Bern. I don't know, guess I just have to see how things play out between them.

xrdn

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2011, 03:20:43 pm »
I'm really scared for Crest with Suspiria. It feels very reboundie. She seems to have latched onto Crest very fast and very hard, you can see the turning point in Chapter 22, Page 18. Yes she did just lose her lover who she seemed very close to, and Crest seems like the person to lend his shoulder to cry on. But it's the fact she seems only interested in Crest comforting her and she is doing all of these nice things for him, paying for Phalanx training and now the sword, sends up a red flag for me.

I also don't know how I feel about Suspiria just yet. To me, too many sides have come out to really get a feel for her, She has been kind of a spoiled brat during Bloody Mary, kinda of angry and spiteful during Nagelring, and now this quite and reserved girl. I would like to think how she is now is really how she is. I think they would make a good couple. But i just have my doubts right now. (I tend to see things half empty, but it's still 6oz of beer in the end).

Keeping on this slightly negative outlook, who else thinks the portal idea will backfire? Not intentionally by Suspiria, but that just seems too good to be true. Either May will end up somewhere else, some how get stuck in limbo between portals or May will not make it back though in time (not really a bad thing, more minor inconvenience. BUT! could cost her the wining if the contest isn't over before hand.)

Sadly my focus is on Crest. I really like him. As much as I would like to see him get some "action", I want it to be for the right reason and right person.

I know it's just me but Bern's "stick" is driving me crazy right now. I'm not saying she needs to be more like May and be cool with sleeping around, but she seems to be constantly at odds with May's personality. I don't understand how you can be that in love with someone but also so at odds with who they are. Bern just seems to be putting up with May. They both have this feeling that they can't see themselves without the other, but Bern seems unwilling to make a compromise where May is willing to basically give up a drug for Bern. I don't know, guess I just have to see how things play out between them.

yeah i agree with you but i really think the Suspiria now is the real her right now she is withdrawn from mostly everyone else and so yeah she may be latching on to him for support and my very well be using him for rebound but that doenst mean she doesnt truly like him shes been through a lot and needs someone to lean on not to cry on but to make her forget and crest fits the bill on that factor he is there and he is willing to listen if this blossoms into a real relationship so be it doesnt mean it wont work out
i for one hope Crest and Suspiria end up together they are a good pair
and i love the idea of a healing sword but i guess that means Suspiria is saying crest sucks at fighting
and crest looked like he was ready to fight that girl for insulting her

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2011, 04:28:40 pm »
Hmm.  This could actually be the REAL Inverness/Suspira if the intermission is anything to go by: http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=536 "She was a very shy, average little girl"

As for the Stick up Bern's arse and how she can be in love with someone so at odds with who they are.  Don't forget that Bern has stated a few times, the qualities she loves in Maytag which attract her: http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=415

She's also done some sacrificing of her own. Giving up her dream to become a night of the LaShoar and even a great deal of tolerance by accepting Maytag's adultery for over three years.

I seem to recall that Bern said she would try to loosen up a bit, but haven't searched for the reference much yet.

In the end it seems to be that many of their differing qualities is exactly what attracts them to each other, as well as what causes potential confilict in the relationship.  Both of them are a little self loathing about certain aspects of themselves which is why they admire the differences in the opposite.

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2011, 05:25:38 pm »
I believe you are right charles. Now that I think about it I do believe Bern said she'd try to loosen up. I'll have to look back and see when she said that before I make myself look like a fool.

True that Bern has sacrificed, but I think putting up with the adultery isn't something to be proud about. If it really bothered Bern that much, Bern should have come forward sooner. Not bottle it up and put on a smiling face. I think it was sad it had to come out under the "Nagelring" and not on their own power. I don't want Bern to be like May. I do like that they are such a yin and yang. Personally, I see that they will learn a lot from each other.

It's still early so I really shouldn't be over stepping right now with my assumptions. I just need to sit still and watch it all unfold.

Regardless tho, when they're not at odds with each other they do make a cute couple. I guess I just really want them to work their differences out enough to where they are comfortable with each other. Guess I tend to side with May, since I share some of the same ideals as her.

Gonna end it here before I go off on a tangent again.

xrdn

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2011, 06:59:10 pm »
well what ever happens i want to see it to the end this is a great series and i want to see all of the twists and turns it will make.
true there are things i would like to see happen in the series but who doesnt the author is simply brillant to create characters that we can really talk about in such away and feel for as if we knew them. Maytag Bern Crest Suspiria all of them are great and we want to see them grow and change as the story does. I can only wait on the edge for the next I want to see how Crest and Suspiria handle things and what challenges lay ahead of them.

well till the next page.....

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2011, 07:34:20 pm »
True that, xrdn. A whole weekend of shaking, while waiting for my next hit of Flipside... Never did I ever think I'd say.... Can't wait for Monday.

xrdn

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2011, 07:43:25 pm »
my computer was down for a month i kid you not i had withdrawls

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2011, 12:12:13 am »
Not rubbing things in or anything but just noting a few other examples I got bothered enough to search for:  Bern has desired death rather than live without Maytag, risked her soul (or sacrificed her beliefs as the case may be), used magic devices to keep in touch with her and joined Maytag in a radio broadcase as she spilled her most shameful secrets to the whole world.

No use in listing maytag's as they are fairly obvious and numerous to anyone reading the comic.

They do seem to have learned a lot from each other.  Maytag spelled out how much she has changed as a result of Bern's influence here: http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=694 . While Bern has been able to come out of the closet openly and does seem more comfortable around others and with magic.  She was willing to let her mind be read to assist in the capture of Bloody mary: http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=1036

I think this is the best we may have seen in the way of Bern possibly looking to loosen up a bit more in the future: http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=837 . She didn't exactly say it herself or necessarily agree but I very much had the impression that she'd try to be more understanding and tolerant.

Really, the two problems these women have had stem from a lack of communication and conversations like that last link.  Bern has hidden things in her past that she's felt ashamed of and not confronted Maytag about what she suspected of her ways while Maytag has hidden things about her present activities from Bern rather than openly discuss them so they can each understand their feelings on the matter.  Both of them simply need to keep opening up honestly like this and working towards that understanding.

On the other hand, its possible that if they'd both confronted each other about their beliefs and ways, early on before they fell in love, that they may have parted ways then and there rather than have the strength and incentive to work through their differences.

There was the argument early on about the nude drawing by Kin: http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=572 . This was probably the first open moment between them after Maytag swore not to cheat on Bern anymore and be honest.  Its quite likely that in the past she would have simply told Bern she'd stop but then go ahead anyway, behind her back.  It was a shaky but important beginning I think.  And while they're still at odds over some things, they're obviously becoming much better at all this.

Still not sure what exactly would happen if Bern cheated on Maytag or not.  I've just recalled another page back here which strengthens the argument that Maytag would be happy for Bern to be intimate with others while still remaining committed only to Bern herself, but I'm still of the thought that Bern would/might try to hide a discrepancy from Maytag and that Maytag would take exception to that more than the act it's self:
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=559
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=562

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2011, 12:47:20 am »
Guess I should sit down and read Book 0. That might help me out a little with the back story of May and Bern. I should also re-read whats happened so far as it seems I'm missing more then I remember.

I don't know why I don't like Bern so much. I really want to, but I have these strange blinders on when it comes to her. I agree that Bern has done more then I give her credit for.

That or I have no real clue whats going on and just waiting for the next titty shot. Which is a good possibility. Guess I just have a strange view of things.

I think that I'm letting personal feelings and experiences cloud me on the Bern issue.

About to tangent again and it's late. And I don't think well when I'm tired.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2011, 01:29:01 am »
*meh* I'm just pointing other stuff out.  Regardless of that, people will obviously love the characters they admire or can relate to in the comic far more than the ones who's points of view or actions they find hard to comprehend or relate to.  A lot of people would likely say they'd love a wild, open relationship with Maytag while a good deal would prefer a more quiet, dedicated one with Bern and I'd dare say there are people who wouldn't want to be involved with either of them.

I do think there's some danger in Crest and Suspira's relationship this early after Kin's death, which I guess is about to be addressed if page 14 is anything to go by, but I'm also worried about a relationship between them regardless of that.  While Crest is a little shy, he also tends to be fairly submissive while Suspira can tend to have moodswings in which she's very dominating to the point of abusive.  This is the stuff abusive relationships are made from, an aggressive, domineering person paired with a timid, submissive person who doesn't stand up for themselves when they're treated like crap or abused.  But then we have seen Crest stand up for himself at times, and he supposedly left his girlfriend when she cheated on him, so maybe he would stand up when it really mattered.

I do like the idea of the portal backfiring.  Maybe one of them will loose the portal's opposite, Melter or someone could replace Maytag's with one that leads elsewhere or maybe Maytag misses going back through before it runs out.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 02:11:17 am by charles »

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2011, 02:53:34 am »
Well what kind of compromise you would make Bern to do?
Be more open about sex?
They had these masturbation thing going where Bern said she would like to see May masturbate so that's a step in some direction.
Bern wouldn't be Bern if she would agree for May to go for a threesome, and that's why I love her character, cause I'm more similiat to her in beliefs.
If I would be Bern I would never be with a person like May, especially if Bern knew May cheated on her constantly and even once didn't say sorry for that but always hide the truth, but Bern accepted that as some kind of phase in that time from which May would grow up.
But they had that honest talk under the spell where they told each other their true feelings...
Like I said many times these two would be better as best friends who love each other deeply but would have a respected partners more matching their personalities.
I don't want to see Bern change into a person who would easily have a threesome with May and some other person, or become flashy person like May not caring about nudity and social norms.
These are the reasons I love her character, a surprisingly loyal and monogamous lesbian who is commited to only her partner.
If we would combine that with an open bisexual who loves to have sex with different interesting people and would love to have an open relationship, then only outcome sooner or later will be a catastrophe.
And I don't want to see May becoming a total monogamist who would only stay loyal for Bern like it's happening.
If we would look at it there's no middle grounds for them, they love each other deeply but I really doubt that in long run that will be enough for their relationship to last.
I'm waiting for some breaking point where May would finally succumb or start resenting Bern, repressing her true nature should have some negative effects, which would finally open Bern eyes that despite all this big love she needs to find a steady loyal partner.

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2011, 12:51:48 pm »
I'm not saying that Bern needs to be like May, that wouldn't make any sense. But I would like to see Bern be more trusting. We know May is trying to be loyal. There have been a few chances May could have taken to break that promise, but she hasn't. I understand why Bern isn't 100% trusting. But you have to get to a point where you either trust someone or you don't.

I don't think Bern needs to "open up" about sex, she obviously enjoys it and wants it, but just with May. And power to her for that. I have no objection to only wanting to be with one person. I like the fact that she stands firm with her ideals on that. Where my rub is, that Bern, to me anyways, doesn't trust May enough. (see above). I understand Bern not liking the "Slave" idea. I don't think I have ever heard someone say "looking for submissive slave to clean my house", normally a is wanted slave for sexual reasons. But the nude picture, again at least to me, doesn't seem that wrong. But Bern seems to feel that it's on the same level as cheating when she scolds May for wants to continue it nude.

I'm not completely blind to Bern's feeling and I understand she has been hurt before by people she has loved. But I feel that if you know that someone is more sexually active then you, sleeps around and puts themselves in sexual positions, then you have no right to cry when shit hits the fan. Guess I'm just more annoyed finding out that Bern knew about May's behavior and didn't do anything about it, yet expects May to be this loyal partner. That's not coming out right and I'll edit when/if I find the wording I'm looking for.

Also looking for a reference I realize that most of my rubs, if not all at this point, happened before the "Nagelring" event, where Bern said she is willing to compromise, and May did tell Bern that she would never cheat on her again. For some reason I'm getting my time line mixed. I thought May told her that on the way to Bloody Mary, but she gave Crest the note saying that she would do anything to make Bern happy, with Crest thinking to himself that he'll need to keep an eye on her.

I do agree that there is going to be a breaking point, but it's like you said, who breaks and how.

I might just have an unrealistic view of how this relationship should be. And to be honest, I'm jealous. The idea that May was willing to cut off pieces of herself to save Bern floored me. That's love. Even with their differences May is willing to do anything for Bern, and a part of me hates that. For personal reasons I wont go into.

I don't want to see one lose a Portal, I want May to be there for Bern, or at least have the ability to. I'm more thinking something happens where the portal closes early or as May is coming though something sucks he back in, but then that would just cement Bern's hatred for magic. But that plan is just too good to be true.

Thank you all for this. You guys helped me straighten a few things out. Really, now that everything is out on the table we just need to see how things play out. I really do hope for the best with May and Bern.

With Crest and Suspiria, I think we're either going to find out that she has done this before, jump into a new relationship soon after leaving one, or this is going to be a rebound/shock fling. Who knows, maybe Crest is what Suspiria needs to finally be herself. With Kin she seemed all over the place with the mood swings. I think Crest would be ok if she has jumped into new relationships soon after ending one, but I think a fling would crush him. Could lead to an interesting arc or two if the relationship is real.

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2011, 04:50:52 pm »
Hmm.  This could actually be the REAL Inverness/Suspira if the intermission is anything to go by: http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=536 "She was a very shy, average little girl"

I've been wondering actually if Suspiria's gradual personality change has had something to do with Melter's time alone with her when she was unconscious. I'm still terribly curious to know if Melter did something to her.

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2011, 07:43:12 pm »
I've been wondering actually if Suspiria's gradual personality change has had something to do with Melter's time alone with her when she was unconscious. I'm still terribly curious to know if Melter did something to her.

I didn't even think of that. If Melter wanted anything from her, he would have taken it then. They seem to be more interested in Maytag. If he did do anything to her, I'm going to guess either mind control or listening device/spell. If it's mind control, it's very well that the Portals Suspiria game them are rigged, as charles suggested, to port her where he wants. If it's the listening device/spell, he knows when and where to set an ambush. This could get good.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2011, 12:34:07 am »
Well in reality the real Suspiria was an immature bitch, so the black haired girl is right...

She really is hated by everyone here since they won't even give her a brake after Kin's death.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2011, 02:44:58 am »
Also looking for a reference I realize that most of my rubs, if not all at this point, happened before the "Nagelring" event, where Bern said she is willing to compromise, and May did tell Bern that she would never cheat on her again. For some reason I'm getting my time line mixed. I thought May told her that on the way to Bloody Mary, but she gave Crest the note saying that she would do anything to make Bern happy, with Crest thinking to himself that he'll need to keep an eye on her.

Really, thats what it comes down to.  As I noted earlier, the issue with the slave and picture were the first time Bern was really confronted directly by Maytag's nature rather than given an excuse to ignore it, and it was the first time Maytag confronted her with it rather than circumvent her with lies.  It wasn't even a discussion leading up to the event, it was Bern walking in on the act and then a conversation.

Since then we've had the "Nagelring" event where all the cards where finally laid out on the table.  The promise by Maytag to commit to Bern and Make her Happy after Bern made a step to openly commit to Maytag rather than join the Knights, didn't cover the past and open up the lies they held between them.  After Nagelring, Maytag finally knew that Bern had suppressed her feelings rather than confronted Maytag and Bern had confirmation of Maytag's ways and that she wasn't simply going through a phase.  Before that it could be any relationship with a partner who willfully cheats while the other stays willfully ignorant.  Dishonesty all round.

Since Nagelring we've seen the girls have a number of open conversations about their relationship and topics such as nudity, sex with others and a few other points.  They've been at odds on the subjects but I can't really note any point where either wasn't willing to listen and understand the other's feelings in such cases.

Both Maytag and Bern need to share responsibility for entering into this relationship and allowing it to continue until they fell in love.  Bern knew Maytag was the kind of girl who would fool around on her but kept it to herself rather than confront Maytag and let her know her expectations and ideals.  Meanwhile, Maytag knew Bern wanted a committed relationship and may leave her if she knew Maytag wanted an open relationship, but instead of confronting Bern with that, worked to decieve her and cheat with others.

While Many argue that Bern has no right to demand that Maytag conform to her code of relationship conduct, I argue that she has just as much right as Maytag has to ask that Bern conform to her code of relationship conduct.  But, of course, if they had been open and honest at the beginning, they likely wouldn't have formed a strong bond and enough committment to both work towards the compromisation and understanding they are now where they've come to love so many of the differences in each other.

On Suspira... Well... Really, you can understand them openly attacking her a bit since Kin was well loved.  She was given some sympathy before but now she's seen to have moved on, some of them see it as a slight against Kin's memory to move on that quickly.

While I can understand that Suspira's actions or encouragement got Kin into the situation and her wreckless use of magic left Bloody Mary to attack later, I think it also needs to be understood that Kin was a mature man who knew what he was getting into.  He choose to follow Suspira to the town and he also walked away from the crater rather that double check that Bloody Mary was dead, and he choose to walk out and face Bloody Mary to save citizens in what was surely a suicide mission until Suspira cast the diamond spell on his sword to give him a little hope of success.  He could just as easily have hidden in the house and waited for Suspira to recover while people died, just as easily as he could have waited until an authorised team was dispatched to deal with Bloody Mary and let people die.

I still wonder about the "Real" Inverness.  I just remember back to the intermission that she was a shy girl helping out in her parent's business.  Maybe the "Bitchy" Suspira is more the fake with some sense of fake confidence, or maybe she really does just have significant mood swings between quiet-kind and loud-bitchy.

P.S. I'm loving this three way, respectful discussion on these two's relationship.  We've got the fence sitter, the Bern fan and the Maytag fal.  Now we just need someone who dislikes them both *lol*
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:57:43 am by charles »

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2011, 07:00:05 am »
"You're only defending her because you don't know her. Don't worry, you will."

Oh, really? You mean you've been by her side in battle, not once, not twice, but numerous times where the enemy was stronger, faster, and trying to kill you?  You mean you've seen her risk her own life several times to save others? You mean you've seen her heart-broken after losing a loved one, or refusing to give up even when facing an "impossible" problem, like a never-ending staircase?  Because THAT's the Suspira I've seen, and she's my friend.  Sure we all have flaws, like some self-proclaimed "student" who goes out of her way to verbally attack someone at a public restaurant having her meal, but that's what makes us humans not angels.

xrdn

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2011, 07:44:51 am »
"You're only defending her because you don't know her. Don't worry, you will."

Oh, really? You mean you've been by her side in battle, not once, not twice, but numerous times where the enemy was stronger, faster, and trying to kill you?  You mean you've seen her risk her own life several times to save others? You mean you've seen her heart-broken after losing a loved one, or refusing to give up even when facing an "impossible" problem, like a never-ending staircase?  Because THAT's the Suspira I've seen, and she's my friend.  Sure we all have flaws, like some self-proclaimed "student" who goes out of her way to verbally attack someone at a public restaurant having her meal, but that's what makes us humans not angels.

i agree but also how i see it Kin was a smart and kind person so he must have known this side of Suspira exsited cause it looked like he truly loved her and even if he hadnt seen this side he must have known it was there and was hoping that one day it would show maybe not to him but to someone. There is more to Suspiria then we have seen im sure we really havent go to much in her past like the others. I like her and crest together they seem to balance each other out and thankfully crest has seem to gotten over his girl phobia cause this would have been a much different conversation if he hadnt

and am i the only who want to see crest deck this student chick in the face and or stab her

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2011, 10:27:42 am »
lol charles, that would make this complete. It has been fun.

It wasn't even a discussion leading up to the event, it was Bern walking in on the act and then a conversation.

Kinda... Bern walked away... it was May that went after her started the conversation. May could have just finished it, and then talked to Bern, or even not talked to Bern about it all together. But you are right, it was the first open discussion they had about this topic. Baby steps rights.

I do believe that both are at fault in the own respect. But I find it hard to believe that not being open and honest early on would have "doomed the relationship" (not your words, but slightly exaggerating them). But I do wonder what would have happened if May didn't try to sleep with Crest, well, tell him she had a "boyfriend". It seems like his "You're scum" comment/scolding really got to May and opened her eyes. I love how he was more hurt for the "boyfriend" then anything else.

I'm torn right now... I wanna see this thing with Crest and Suspiria unfold, but Bern running into Blackbird could get very interesting. I'm on the fence about wanting her to have an indiscretion with Blackbird. As Kiran said, Bern's strong stance on being a one woman woman, is something to admire. It takes a lot to fight temptation (god I sound like a priest). But I kind of want Bern sleep with Blackbird to see how she'll handle the emotional aftermath. I think she would hide it, feeling like she was weak, selfish, and petty but then come out about it as her after her conscience beat her into submission months down the road.

I think Kin knew what he was getting into, and you're right, he could have made a lot of different choices. I'd like to think he make his choices out of honor and duty, but they seem just as rash as Suspiria's actions. Also both of them didn't seem to take the situation 100% seriously. They almost seem to be playing around like it was a game.

I have a feeling that Suspiria might be an emotional chameleon (might not be what I'm looking for but it's the best way I can describe it). She acts how ever the person she is with acts. But I have a feeling the rage she felt after Kin died was true, who wouldn't go crazy if your loved one died. Maybe Kin's death was a wake up call for her. Be it a harsh wake up call... And we don't know who this "student" is yet. Maybe she was a past lover of Kin or maybe a childhood friend and blames Suspiria for his death. As much as I would love to see Crest belt her one, I'm gonna wait to see how this plays out a little more. There are so many ways this can go.

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2011, 02:21:28 pm »

yeah i agree with you but i really think the Suspiria now is the real her right now she is withdrawn from mostly everyone else and so yeah she may be latching on to him for support and my very well be using him for rebound but that doenst mean she doesnt truly like him shes been through a lot and needs someone to lean on not to cry on but to make her forget and crest fits the bill on that factor he is there and he is willing to listen if this blossoms into a real relationship so be it doesnt mean it wont work out
i for one hope Crest and Suspiria end up together they are a good pair
and i love the idea of a healing sword but i guess that means Suspiria is saying crest sucks at fighting
and crest looked like he was ready to fight that girl for insulting her

You wrote all that between breathing?  ;D You're very good!  ;)

xrdn

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2011, 08:13:30 pm »
ok so out of having nothing to do today i reread flipside from the beginning (Still fantasic even the ninth time through) and as i went through this time in noticed Maytag really is perfect for Bern in a lot of ways we say Maytag was giving up a part of her self for Bern but in truth i dont think she sees it that way. i believe she sees it as a sign of love if giving up sex with random people is what she has to do to show what bern needs to know she loves her then Maytag will. And yes Bern is set in her ways and i believe she could be a bit more open about how she really feels to Maytag yes i know she has in the past but it just seems like she keeps alot of things to herself which could lead to Maytag going astray

And Crest has gone through a major change as the story goes forward he use to be shy and clumsy always tripping over his words never able to say what he wanted. Maytag managed to open him a up a bit but he still seems down to me that was until Suspiria started getting closer to him. He wants to get stronger and more helpful to those around him.

Suspiria did go through a mood swing after kin died but you saw that she wasnt always a moody "cough" bitch right before kin went to fight bloody marry (that was an awesome idea by the way) she was concerned for him which shows she can be caring when she wants to be so i can say i truly believe what we are seeing now is the real her no matter what that student girl says.

and on the aspect of Crest/Suspiria i still say its great cause she believes in Crest even tho he doesnt seem to think he can do anything half the time and Crest supports Suspiria even when she is doubting herself
and las time i checked girls just dont ask someone they dont atleast like just to sleep with them and not have sex so it is safe to say that she does like him and as Maytag said if Crest wants to be in a relationship with her he just needs to wait for her to be ready which i think that might be soon if the expensive sword and classes arent some form or sign
but i still think it is a bit too soon for her to jump in a relationship that way neither of the two will second guess the relationship as nothing more then rebound so if they take it slow things will turn out ok for the two

(hey if you stab some one with a healing sword what happens???)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2011, 10:31:34 pm »
I'm guessing that the healing sword only heals the person holding the hilt.  My bet is that at some future point, someone leaves him to die from a mortal wound but he manages to clasp his healing sword and steadily recover to catch up and attack again.

I agree that if Bern cheated on Maytag she'd likely hide it.  She has a tendency to hide things she feels ashamed of.  Her sexuality, her hollow relationship with Clairen to get with Polly, etc.  Although, in general she's quite a private person so she does hide much more than that and doesn't exactly boast her better qualities as a swordswoman, etc.

The Ghost

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2011, 10:17:53 am »
(hey if you stab some one with a healing sword what happens???)

Lol, I think the pointy end would still hurt someone, but it's a funny thought. i would be interested to learn more on how it works. Like how fast does it heal and how major a wound. Is it one of those items that needs a special word, like the Angels Breath, for it to work or does it just slowly heal you when you become injured. I have a feeling we'll get to see it in action.