Author Topic: Chapter 30: Discussion  (Read 70662 times)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: Chapter 30: Discussion
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2011, 05:44:09 am »
Sooner or later, I swear, Brion will find a way and reason for Bern to throw a brick at someone in the main comic.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 04:41:50 am »
I hope so ^^

As for current page, plot for stealing May's clothes develops, really Regina will either pass out soon or will totally go out of control shocking May even more...

Both choices are possible.

Somehow I would want to see Bern, Regina and Crest together in the bath(not for any kind of sexual reason), just for amusement I wonder who would blush redder.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 05:11:18 am »
I wonder if there's much difference between this nude Regina and the nude Regina that Fata created from Maytag's memories.

Yeah, I can't quite pick how this is going to go with Regina... I'm thinking she'll get in the water and all but... I dunno... If she can take her clothes of like this, I think she's fine for just sitting in a relaxing bath.

Of course, if Glyph and Moby decide to get feisty in front of Regina and Maytag... and Maytag decides to pleasure herself...

Meh, I'd like to think that Maytag would see she's incredibly uncomfortable or something and take her out to have a chat.  There's just something not right about Regina pushing herself like this.  I'm all for pushing yourself to enjoy new experiences and shed inhibitions but I guess it feels like Regina is doing it for the wrong reasons or motivations.

Hans

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2011, 09:01:07 am »
I somehow have a feeling that Reginas costume will get stolen soon. Maytags maybe too, maybe not.
Any case, at least one of them will need Mobys service soon.
Just a feeling.

And Regina is really determined to change. She doesn't seem to be comfortable with that, but determined.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2011, 02:47:37 pm »
WOW! I didn't even think of the fact that there are two jester suits in there.  Yeah, it could be a hell of a thing if poor Regina looses her costume as well and is stuck with no clothes to leave in.

Although, I guess they have towels.

I wonder if Maytag would ever go for a much more seriously different costume like her first one or Reginas, outside the Black and White.

Brekkjern

• Erotic
  • Le fu-
    • View Profile
    • Brekkjern.net
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2011, 08:07:31 pm »
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I am sorry... Your post just reminded me of that line :P

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 08:58:00 am »
But Regina didn't mind that May checked her ass and front fully?
 ;D

Also, POLLY!?
Seriously?

Kinda funny they didn't know they real names when they were playing in the gang in their younger days, can we get a little info about how old Polly/Blackbird is?
Is she much older than Bern like around 30 or still in her mid 20s?

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 02:15:25 pm »
Ah, Regina, the things we do for love  ;).  I hope this turns out well for you. 

The jester-suit theft idea sounds solid, so let's see if it happens to be true.

I'm also glad to get back to Bernadette and Polly, to see more of them getting re-acquainted with each other.  I wonder if Polly has any important news for Bernadette regarding the goings-on in town?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 03:08:40 pm »
I'm pretty sure Maytag was about 16 when she met Bern, which means Bern would have been around 22. *checks* yeah, 16 and 22 (or there abouts).  Wouldn't surprise me if Bern was a teenager, at least when she first joined the gang and Polly probably isn't much older if she is older.  A bunch of kids in a gang, coming up with cool names.  Or just a way to avoid the authorities discovering your identity *shrug*

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2011, 04:14:36 pm »
I'd been a fan on just about every new character name introduced, but now along came Polly ...  :P

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2011, 04:59:31 pm »
I know a guy as 'Chico' because that's his nickname and I never learned any others, and there's plenty of people who know me by various names (IRL) who don't know my real name.  Not because I go around introducing myself with other names, it just kind of happens.

And I LIKE having a Polly.  :)

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2011, 01:16:37 am »
Seems Blackbird more and more becomes more alluring to Bern and her ideals, like she became a lawful person fighting criminals for good cause, matured quite a bit and has similiar viewpoint on things like Bern.

And at the same time also Regina becomes a bit more open person in sexual matters to meet May expactations...

It will be interesting to see this race who will break up first, May or Bern ^^]

As for ages, yeah 8 years ago, so Bern was like 17 at that time when she was in the gang, still we don't get Polly age but I would bet then as a leader of the gang she should be at least 1 or 2 years older than Bern.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:21:20 am by Kiran »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2011, 04:48:53 am »
Hard to say if Polly is older.  Kids of roughly the same age tend to hang out so it wouldn't surprise me to learn they were all between 16 and 18 at the most.

Sounds like there might be some backstory surrounding crime in Bern's past before she even entered the Steel Viper gang.  Maybe whatever caused the scar under her eye or maybe she just saw a lot of crime against the girls in the Brothel she lived in. *shrug*

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2011, 07:24:59 am »
Sounds like there might be some backstory surrounding crime in Bern's past before she even entered the Steel Viper gang.  Maybe whatever caused the scar under her eye or maybe she just saw a lot of crime against the girls in the Brothel she lived in. *shrug*

I'd personally love to see more backstory on Bernadette's life in the brothel and in the gang. We know Bernadette already had her scar when she first met Maytag, but in that joining Blackbird's gang flashback you can't see if she got her scar yet. I wonder if Bernadette got it when she was very young, or during her stint with the gang (definitely at least she had it during the gang sometime from this). Personally I hope she got it before joining the gang, the scene not something cliche-ish like she got it protecting someone at the brothel and then deciding to learn how to fight.  ;D

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2011, 11:01:19 am »
I'd personally love to see more backstory on Bernadette's life in the brothel and in the gang. We know Bernadette already had her scar when she first met Maytag, but in that joining Blackbird's gang flashback you can't see if she got her scar yet. I wonder if Bernadette got it when she was very young, or during her stint with the gang (definitely at least she had it during the gang sometime from this). Personally I hope she got it before joining the gang, the scene not something cliche-ish like she got it protecting someone at the brothel and then deciding to learn how to fight.  ;D
Yeah I too wonder from what that scar came from.
I bet that Bern protected some girl/woman at the brothel she was staying with her mother originally, and with that she found her resolve that she wants to protect weaker ones and asked her father to teach her how to fight.
Or in much worse direction she was assaulted/attacked and from that she wanted to learn how to fight.
Or maybe it was her father who in some training fight gave her this scar.
But then again how someone with such character like Bern joined a vigilante gang is beyond me.
Maybe even Bern had her rebellious stage when her father left her and she was left alone fed up with adults.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:02:55 am by Kiran »

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2011, 04:52:04 pm »
My guess is we won't find out about the scar for a while yet still. We only just found out about her scarf lol.

I ran across this previous comic and wonder if it's some foreshadowing maybe? ;)

Nettlekid

• Tender Young Virgin
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nettlekid2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2011, 06:22:54 pm »
The thing is, Maytag really doesn't seem like she'd at all care if Bern cheated on her. She didn't show a single flash of jealousy when that other girl (I forget her name, but Moby's friend) expressed an interest in Bern, and even encouraged it. So if Maytag ended up hearing that Bern had cheated on her, she'd most likely be all "Hey, yeah, good for you being adventurous, wasn't that a lot of fun, now let's have a threesome."
On the other hand, one thing I'd be interested in seeing (and I strongly doubt it'll ever come up, but still) is the girlfriend who cheated on Crest, resulting in his unflinching attitude toward Maytag when she wants to cheat. I think that might add an interesting dynamic, if only for a chapter or so.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2011, 12:24:30 am »
My guess is we won't find out about the scar for a while yet still. We only just found out about her scarf lol.

I ran across this previous comic and wonder if it's some foreshadowing maybe? ;)
Didn't Bern explain it already that her previous girlfriend Clairen cheated on her with Blackbird and that made her quit the gang while Bern real love interest was Blackbird and Clarice was just kind of a replacement?
Soap opera lesbian drama ^^

Well we know at least that May would not be bothered by Bern cheating on her with another girl if that was her own will, I think, but we will see it when it will be done how in reality May would react, different thing is talking about it and feeling it for real.

May could easily let that bath incident continue and have a threesome with charmed Bern and possessed Glyph, but she stopped it.

Shay

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 09:51:34 am »
Hm, I dunno. They're both facing 'unrequited loves from their past'. I can see Regina coming onto Maytag, May turning her down and really hurting her feelings, all for her newfound faithfulness to Bern.

If May then later found out that Bern cheated on her with Blackbird, and that her friendship with Regina had been ruined for nothing then... well, wouldn't even Maytag be a bit bothered?

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 12:52:17 pm »
Current update makes me wonder if this Benefactor guy could be Bern father?
It would be an interesting twist.

Brekkjern

• Erotic
  • Le fu-
    • View Profile
    • Brekkjern.net
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2011, 06:43:21 pm »

No force? How does anything work at all? No electromagnetic force and the entire country would dissolve. No kinetic force and they would not function at all! Doesn't Newton exist in this universe?!

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2011, 08:33:05 pm »
I think you're kidding, but just in case... she means no physical force, aka violence.  Maybe that's not clear.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2011, 01:23:54 am »
Yeah, anytime you see this face, you know they're kidding (or trying to get you mad for fun):

On the idea of no force.  I'm guessing that means you can pretty much get away with anything that doesn't involve violence.  So if you con someone, they're conned, but maybe there's commercial agencies that blacklist con artists to limit their activity or some other system of merrit.  Not sure what there would be for enforcing contracts but I'm guessing it's down to taking collateral that ensures delivery or something.

Maybe force can also pertain to blackmail and certain threats other than those of physical violence, but who knows.

From the previous talk of bloodlust and gladiators, I'd imagine they have some kind of rules to allow violence.  Maybe criminals are sentenced to the ring with a bloodlust spell cast on them to fight it out for the crowd's pleasure as punishment or maybe you can actually challenge people and legally fight them in the ring to settle some disputes.

On the discussion of cheating.  I made a post for this but must have lost it.  There's a bit of a difference between cheating and "playing".

A cheater is deceptive.  They are effectively having relations with multiple partners while leading one or more partners to believe that the relations they have with them are exclusive.  Sometimes they outright lie, sometimes they knowlingly let the partner/s presume, but either way the partner/s are left purposely ignorant of the cheater's inexclusive relations with them.  In effect, we're talking about dishonesty.

A "player" is honest.  They are having relations with multiple partners, but they never lead the partner/s to presume they are in an exclusive relationship and there are no others, or knowingly allow the partner/s to presume the relationship is exclusive.  Certainly, a partner might not like relations with someone who are not exclusive to them, but so long as the partner is aware then they can make an informed decision about if they wish to have non-exclusive relations with the "player" and if they decline then that is their informed choice, if they accept then that is also their informed choice and deception has not played a part.

In this case, Bern has given Maytag every indication that she intends to be intimate, exclusively with Maytag.  If she is intimate with Polly and does not inform Maytag, it could easily be regarded as cheating.  If she hides the act from Maytag then there can be no doubt that it's cheating.  However, if she contacts Maytag on her ring and informs her that she has changed her mind then she's covered for the most part.  If Maytag is happy and gives her blessing then there's no problem.  If Maytag doesn't, then its up to Bern to decide if she wishes to proceed and risk their relationship or decline intimacy with Polly to keep Maytag happy.  If she decides to go ahead, despite objections from Maytag, then its up to Maytag to decide if she can withstand that or to break up with Bern.

Note: While it could be construed as cheating if you get into a deep exclusive relationship with someone and later inform them that you no longer wish for it to be exclusive (thus forcing them to choose between ending the relationship or accepting it as non-exclusive), in this case Bern was sincerely honest when she indicated to Maytag they she intended to be exclusively intimate with her.  Someone could be construed as a cheater if they made the same promise but knew that they would change their mind later and force the choice upon the partner... well... they'd at least be dishonest.

Certainly, Maytag would likely not have a problem with giving Bern her blessing for intimacy with others and could even be alright if she only heard about it shortly after the act.  But if Bern tries to keep it from her, I'd imagine there might be issues of trust.

Hans

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2011, 12:34:45 pm »
I think it's a bit surprising that Regina is that surprised. She has seen uncostumed May a few times.

Also, who is shadow guy in the last panel?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2011, 03:13:17 pm »
I'm pretty sure its the guy who gave them the pamphlet, using an invisibility spell to sneak in and steal their costumes.

We may well be finding out some of the history behind Maytag's confidence complexity, regarding her suit.  Mayweather and Taggerty certainly seemed to know of it from their past experience with her and as the ones who mentored her into the entertainment industry, I can imagine they may well have been there at the start and know the story that led to it.

Poor Regina.  I wonder if its Maytag as a whole she's idolising or feels some need to be braver in general thats driving her to match Maytag.

akashayi

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2011, 03:30:41 am »
The mystery might be revealed? I think we've been curious for -years- about Maytag's personality!

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2011, 01:10:24 am »
And so its revealed I guess.  A slightly different personality, mainly in her confidence I guess, more than her opinions and sexual desires.  Without it, I'm thinking she'd have stage fright for the most part, but possibly it would be more difficult for her to face opponents as well.

Not sure what to make of this thing they've put on her suit.  Best I can guess is that it will simply make the costume disappear while she's on stage, which means its unlikely that Moby's costume could save her... Still wondering if the guy might have picked the wrong jester outfit... that'd be pretty bad for Regina who would likely be watching the show in the middle of the crowd.

If he did get the right outfit, it'd probably just leave her unable to finish the remainder of her jokes, but might actually impress the crowd and work against Taggerty if they actually think its part of the act.  It'd be best to pull the prank just as she's getting on stage, before she could even start and leave her no time to get a new one.

Hans

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2011, 03:08:43 am »
If he did get the right outfit, it'd probably just leave her unable to finish the remainder of her jokes, but might actually impress the crowd and work against Taggerty if they actually think its part of the act.  It'd be best to pull the prank just as she's getting on stage, before she could even start and leave her no time to get a new one.
Maytag could turn losing her costume on stage to her favour if she still had her confidence then. But as the main point is her becoming shy I don't see much she could do.

On the other hand somehow i can't help to think they got Reginas costume. We will see.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2011, 04:42:18 am »
Whats the bet Inverness got Crest a Sword?  Magic blade of some description?

I'm just hoping its not Kinn's sword.  That would be a bit awkward I think.

And we know what Suspira's D-Bag looks like.

xrdn

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2011, 05:27:09 am »
Whats the bet Inverness got Crest a Sword?  Magic blade of some description?

I'm just hoping its not Kinn's sword.  That would be a bit awkward I think.

yeah that would be wierd but yeah i think she got him a sword. I just hope she really likes Crest and isnt just trying to use him to cover up her sadness about kinn. It just seems Crest gets the short end of the stick most of the time.... and he is the only one who seems not to have been laid