Author Topic: Chapter 30: Discussion  (Read 70624 times)

Jety Lefr

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Close the world, Open the next. -Lain
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
    • Email
Re: Chapter 30: Discussion
« Reply #240 on: October 05, 2011, 12:20:41 pm »
If it was the kind of cheating that involved theft I could forgive it... there's nothing wrong with stealing.
But cheating by other means is too immoral.
GRARRR!!!
"Strive to be better than you've ever been before. Only you can know how much you have, and only you can give yourself more."

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2011, 02:21:37 pm »
They've done it now! Maytag is only more funny and more naughty when she's half dressed but still has her hat on!

The hat appears to be disintegrating at the same rate as the rest of the comic if you look at the last panels.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2011, 06:05:29 am »
The plan was disintegrate BEFORE going on stage. Disintegrate WHILE ON STAGE, ok. Yeah. Real douche move there.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2011, 06:43:50 am »
For sure this will bring more drama than if May would loose her suit before and simply wouldn't go on stage.

Jerk move indeed.

Knowing May without costume she would cover and just run off the stage since the hat too disappears, meaning she will loose her confidance.

Or maybe May will withstand this and will turn it into some sudden sexual themed joke and will win the audience where her old mentors will loose this game.

If she will loose then she will be depressed and to who she will turn to comfort?
Regina, so such scenario too could happen.

Edit:
Ok, next page will be interesting to see how May will react to this forcefull reveal ploy.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:25:37 am by Kiran »

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 07, 2011, 11:54:11 am »
For sure this will bring more drama than if May would loose her suit before and simply wouldn't go on stage.

Jerk move indeed.

Knowing May without costume she would cover and just run off the stage since the hat too disappears, meaning she will loose her confidance.

Or maybe May will withstand this and will turn it into some sudden sexual themed joke and will win the audience where her old mentors will loose this game.

If she will loose then she will be depressed and to who she will turn to comfort?
Regina, so such scenario too could happen.

Edit:
Ok, next page will be interesting to see how May will react to this forcefull reveal ploy.

After seeing 10/7 one, I'm thinking your second prediction with her old mentors losing the game. :)

akashayi

« Reply #245 on: October 07, 2011, 09:25:35 pm »
hmmm.... hard to see how this will end well.  ???  :(

Still! May has a nice ass and I wish I had that spell at my disposal! ;P

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: October 09, 2011, 04:32:04 pm »
Brion, your author appeal is showing! :P
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AuthorAppeal
Actually, I feel like this might be good for Maytag. Her over-reliance on the suit is her primary weakness, and if she can somehow manage to be assertive without it, it will be an amazing boon for her in the long run. :)
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 10, 2011, 07:39:29 am »
"She will never forgive us." May's the LEAST of your worries, pal. If BERN finds out....

"There are no words in the language of men, dwarves, elves or ents to describe this betrayal, BAAALRUMMM! My business is with" these clowns tonight.

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2011, 12:00:35 pm »
"She will never forgive us."

I don't understand what made them think she would have forgiven them if it had happened before she went on stage, had she found out they were responsible.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 10, 2011, 01:39:19 pm »
"She will never forgive us." May's the LEAST of your worries, pal. If BERN finds out....

"There are no words in the language of men, dwarves, elves or ents to describe this betrayal, BAAALRUMMM! My business is with" these clowns tonight.
Oh yeah!
I don't think Bern would be as forgiving as May is, but Bern is somewhere else busy currently with her own problem named Polly, so if any getting nude for the crowd accident doesn't beat the kiss with former love for now, so Bern would be still loosing that ^^

Let's just see how much May flashy nature goes, after all she posed for Kin without problems not having a hat as I recall fully nude, so I'm betting that the two guys simply understimated old Maytag with new hardened version.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2011, 05:34:25 am »
Ok, Maytag was just disrobed against her will obviously BY SORCERY and the judges are considering disqualifying HER?!? What kind of bias is that? :o

That look on May's face at the end says it all. NOW she understands full well why....

1.) Bern hates sorcery.

2.) Bern does NOT like being disrobed, even by a scanner, without her explicit consent.

Further May is very quick on the uptake, she has scanned the audience and after seeing the reactions knows full well who is responsible. May forgives a great deal, but you DON'T MESS WITH HER ACT. PERIOD.

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2011, 01:48:04 pm »
Can't wait to see how May responds. I think she'll come through, for some reason....  ;)

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2011, 03:36:58 pm »
Ok, Maytag was just disrobed against her will obviously BY SORCERY and the judges are considering disqualifying HER?!? What kind of bias is that? :o

Just because the disrobing was obviously done via sorcery doesn't mean that they would automatically know it was against her will, even if she seems surprised.  Until they speak with her (and fortunately the last guy did say that they need to hear her out) they have no way to know whether it was a stunt done by her to get more attention or a cruelty committed by someone else against her will.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2011, 12:30:53 am »
Looks like it, May explains the situation.
Now I hope they will allow her to get back from stage, dress in spare costume and try again, of course i hope the judges have some decency not to tell May she can finish her joke looking like that.

Jety Lefr

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Close the world, Open the next. -Lain
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #254 on: October 17, 2011, 04:02:00 pm »
bricks are definitely better
"Strive to be better than you've ever been before. Only you can know how much you have, and only you can give yourself more."

FyreFennec

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2011, 04:01:22 pm »
Please let it be pie please let it be pie . . . XP  :P

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2011, 12:56:22 am »
And now the two guys will see they created a May monster :D

And as for bricks filler page, well I can't picture Bern without bricks...
Makes me wonder when the first page showed this kind of trope that Bern needs to throw bricks or hit May with, what was the reasoning behind it originally, absurd fun?
For sure it worked.

It would be nice seeing Bern hitting someone with a brick in the proper comic on some occasion too, maybe not in joke aspect, but in a fight or so.

gyoza

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2011, 01:52:01 pm »
It first happened here, I believe:
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=157

Had me laughing for a good while :)

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2011, 03:56:26 pm »
Oh, yeah. May's getting control of the situation. I think she'll be just fine...  ;)

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 21, 2011, 12:56:28 am »
It first happened here, I believe:
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=157

Had me laughing for a good while :)
So it was May's own fault there...

No excuses, bricks must stay ::)

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 21, 2011, 09:28:29 am »
Nice recovery, Maytag. She knows who's behind it too. Prepare for ownage, "mentors."

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 22, 2011, 10:54:22 am »
Nice recovery, Maytag. She knows who's behind it too. Prepare for ownage, "mentors."

I don't think she knows yet. I see no evidence of your conjecture. Maytag is winning the audience over, though.

Hans

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: October 23, 2011, 01:19:26 am »
Maytag confident on stage without costume. Could it be that on stage the stage is her costume? Or replaces it.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 24, 2011, 05:03:17 am »

I don't think she knows yet. I see no evidence of your conjecture. Maytag is winning the audience over, though.

"It's because of my 'Condition.' Anyone who KNOWS ME..."

She may not be able to prove it, yet. But she knows.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 24, 2011, 01:01:41 pm »
May's secret?

What can it be?

I'm a nymphomaniac jester girl even without costume?

Or we will get classy "I'm hard in love!"...

Or in next page we will see this is not May but someone else and the real May got kidnapped earlier...

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2011, 05:33:37 pm »
Maytag confident on stage without costume. Could it be that on stage the stage is her costume? Or replaces it.

I was thinking something similar.  That she's confident on stage, and her costume helps her feel like she's on stage so that's why it gives her confidence off stage.

BillMo

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2011, 01:17:00 pm »
May's secret?

What can it be?

Panel 5 here http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=1171
Notice the ring is worn even when not communicating with Bern

Then after the long distance view in Panel 2 here http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=1315 the right hand is painfully blocked from view.

Methinks, we see Fata Morgana.

gyoza

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 26, 2011, 03:48:07 pm »
Oh snap! Maytag took rule number 221 of the Evil Overlord list to heart :)

But now I wonder... who's the one person in the room who knows about this? Can't be Crest, Regina, or her former mentors... Bern might know but she's not around.

Shay

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 26, 2011, 04:04:33 pm »
Is this the truth? Or... some sort of plan?

There are definitely a few situations where Shy!Maytag made things more inconvenient. Like getting tortured by Moss, or at least when Voulger stripped her in the street. I mean... if Bern hadn't showed up... would she have pretended to weak and scared while Crest getting killed for her?

Brillig

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 26, 2011, 05:44:35 pm »
I never really thought she had a "condition".  ;D I didn't realise it was an act, but it seemed she was like most people: out going or quieter depending on the mood she was in. Everybody needs time to themselves. Wearing the jester outfit coincided with times she was likely to be extroverted anyways.

As to her suddenly being shy when voulger torn the outfit off, wouldn't you be a bit scared and quiet suddenly when you realised you couldn't do much to stop someone from hurting you?

I know I myself seem rather quiet and introverted to most, until I'm with friends I'm feeling relaxed with or up on a stage. My guess is that Maytag simply chooses, like me, whether she feels like being shy or not. The difference is that she made it out to be a condition, something she had no control over, and that never seemed likely to me.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:50:35 pm by Brillig »