Author Topic: Chapter 30: Discussion  (Read 70629 times)

dg86

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 30: Discussion
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2011, 09:41:17 pm »
If this was Menage a 3, that ring would have accidentally been left on, and Maytag would be blaring over the ringternet: "Fuck her all you want!  Just make sure to save some for me!"

Really, both May and Bern seem to be worse off by NOT nomming on the nearest cutie they find.  Which really sucks for them both because they'd probably be happier for each other if they knowingly "cheated" on each other.

Oh, the dramatic irony.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2011, 11:28:01 pm »
yeah but it's all Bern's fault. Maytag already said she would be into it. Now Bern is finding out how difficult it (fidelity) can be.
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Jety Lefr

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Close the world, Open the next. -Lain
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2011, 09:00:44 am »
Stay strong Bern. You are the strong one. You are the strongest woman of them all.
"Strive to be better than you've ever been before. Only you can know how much you have, and only you can give yourself more."

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2011, 03:26:50 pm »
Bern is going to crumple like a tower made out of cards.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Jety Lefr

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Close the world, Open the next. -Lain
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2011, 04:54:04 pm »
NooooooOOOOOO!!!!
Don't listen to him! He's not Canon!
"Strive to be better than you've ever been before. Only you can know how much you have, and only you can give yourself more."

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 16, 2011, 04:16:11 am »
I've got a mad mental cackle going on now.  Not because of the comic directly, but because of the other fans reactions to the comic.   

Does this make me a bad person?
Never mind, doesn't matter.  :)

My reaction to the comic itself?  "Tsk, Bernadette you (unintentional) tease!"

dg86

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 16, 2011, 12:15:18 pm »
Latest page= teh borked.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: September 16, 2011, 12:47:56 pm »
That was kind of anticlimactic.
Now what? they're just going to sleep in different places until Bernedette goes back to Maytag?
I don't usually like drama, but that sounds kinda... boring. :/

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2011, 01:06:45 pm »
Don't worry Ronin... Polly's far from out of the story yet.  It's just that, with so many people wanting the story to move faster, I didn't want to waste even a single page on something trivial like sleeping arrangements.  It's probably a little abrupt but we're picking up with them again the next day so I think it should generally read fine.

It's always cool to see people react in different ways to your story.  If everyone were reacting the same way, I think that would be a sign that I failed as a writer.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2011, 03:59:23 pm »
*In the style of the Emperor in Star Wars*

Come Bern give in to temptation, come over to the Dark Side for we have milk and cookies.  *Cackle*
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 16, 2011, 05:41:46 pm »
Come now people.  It's not so cut and dried as that. 

People don't give in to temptation all at once.  It's a waiting game.

Temptation *Wears* at you.  Slowly eroding your self restraint...  >:}

"Lord, lead me not unto temptation, for I know the way!"

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2011, 10:18:04 pm »
Well it would be interesting if Polly joined our main group of adventurers in the end with single thing in mind to win Bern over in long run as a reason.

It would be interesting to see May having a rival who who is not a person who sleeps around but is more similiar to Bern where relationships go.

Maybe, but just maybe May would get jealous about Polly if she tagged along and would court and flirt with Bern slowly, not giving any attention at all to May, and not wanting any silly threesomes deals.

I like the slow pace of current chapter, if flashes character more, but I suppose if I got such pacing in fights then it would be boring.

ipatrol

• Tender Young Virgin
  • Head of the People's Revolutionary Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2011, 05:15:06 am »
You know what's so funny about this? Maytag by her own admission would not care if Bern gave in, and a threesome would probably be suggested at some point.

They say history plays first time like a tragedy and second time as a farce. So it it with Bernadette's life story. For a second back there, Bern seemed like she was enjoying that kiss. :-X

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2011, 02:05:27 pm »
Honestly, I'll be really sad if Bernadette does give in.  I'm 100% supportive of people having alternative views of love and relationships, but I'd hate to have Bernadette's particular view portrayed as "wrong" whereas Maytag's idea of polyamory is "right," and seeing Bernadette giving up what she believes in so strongly just seems wrong to me.  (I'm not saying this has happened at all; I think Flipside has done a great job of showing the ups and downs of multiple views without painting any particular one as right or wrong). 

I'm really hoping that Bernadette and Maytag are either able to find a way to work out their issues without either one of them having to really give up the values they hold, or else they will be forced to break up.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 19, 2011, 10:26:04 am »
Today's page give a nice setting to see if both lovers will be telling each other the truth and not hide anything.

I bet that May will tell Bern about Regina(it would be a surprise if May told her the truth she's attracted/in love with her but it may happen if May is totally honest with Bern), and it will be interesting if Bern will say in return about Polly and that she kissed her.

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 22, 2011, 06:02:35 pm »
Guilt trip time!

9_6

« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2011, 05:44:40 am »
Bern won't tell may about the kiss.
Will probably start something as a knee jerk reaction. Is now the one keeping the secrets.
Then, may finds out. And then there will be a lesbian orgy. The day will come. Mark my words.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2011, 10:06:37 am »
I hope your right. As I said, I'm not a huge fan of the drama, but if it leads to a lesbian orgy, I can always get on board.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 24, 2011, 12:57:52 am »
So Polly gone with her on this little trip.

Yeah Bern, nothing to talk about :P

Well if May kept cheating over Bern for years as a secret where she actively had sex with interesting people coming from both genders, then one innocent kiss with former love shouldn't be a big deal for Bern to handle right?

But knowing Bern after that promise they made and hearing that May try to keep it in her pants:P hiding this will hurt her more emotionally than what May was feeling after cheating on Bern on constant basis in the past.

Shay

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 24, 2011, 03:28:14 pm »
Hm... So Bernadette fell in love with Blackbird, ran off when Clairen slept with her, kept the scar (given to her by Blackbird) for years, spent the night at Blackbird's place, got kissed and confessed to by her... and only then admitted she had a girlfriend, and is now travelling with Blackbird after all of that. It doesn't exactly paint a 'knightly' picture, which is what Bern always seems to be aspiring to be.

Maybe the reason Bern is keeping quiet has less to do with how Maytag would react, and more to do with how it makes Bern look to admit all of that stuff.

Of course, keeping all of it a secret just makes it all look worse but... Bern herself has admitted she has a bad habit of keeping things to herself.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2011, 01:14:09 pm »
pretty shady, bernadette, pretty shady.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 28, 2011, 09:07:57 am »
Cheer up Bern, you have a sexy tempting companion who want to help you, nothing to worry about 8)

Am I bad that I would prefer Bern choosing Polly over May, and then just stay with May as best friends?

Rhadan

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2011, 12:46:04 am »
I think Bern probably doesn't mention Blackbird to Maytag, because Maytag knows about Bern's prior feelings to her.

And the last thing Bern wants to hear right now is "Oh, great! Catch up, have a good time, you can sleep with her!"

Because then she could, but knows she wouldn't and Maytag would be like, "Please do ..." and ...

Well, chaos.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2011, 02:20:10 am »
@^Mmm... Chaos :p

MachaBadb

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2011, 04:17:21 am »
I will aim out the ballpark and call it possible pregnancy? IDK.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2011, 06:30:17 am »
With two homosexual women... I doubt pregnancy is even remotely possible XD (oups hadn't read the bonus page XS)

So I guess there might be a little one in suspi :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 11:49:48 am by Emp_Dragon »

SparcMan

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • SparcMan's World
    • Email
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2011, 08:44:27 pm »
Based on the answer he received in the 2nd panel, I think that Crest was meant to say "Did we miss it?" Rather than "Did we make it?"

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 01, 2011, 03:02:41 am »
With two homosexual women... I doubt pregnancy is even remotely possible XD (oups hadn't read the bonus page XS)

So I guess there might be a little one in suspi :)
Well there's magic so I think that problem may be solved if enough money is given.
I wouldn't be surprised, if they can regrow body easily, and seeing how Thin Man magic changes a person even on cell level, then everything is possible, even two women having kids.

Maybe may urges of seeking new interesting people to have sex with would stop completely after getting pregnant...
But then, can you support a family just from being a jester and wannabe bodyguard?

Crest finally got a kiss, and seeing Suspiria thanking Crest like that gives me a feeling that something bad will happen to her soon.

And maybe May will pick up Moby's costume.

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 05, 2011, 06:33:51 am »
Geez--talk about being in front of an audience in your underwear...except it's NOT underwear, it's your Birthday Suit!  :o  Maytag, you're gonna have to pull off some REAL great jokes to distract the crowd!  ;D

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2011, 11:51:20 am »
They've done it now! Maytag is only more funny and more naughty when she's half dressed but still has her hat on!