Author Topic: Chapter 38: Discussion  (Read 32226 times)

Ardanis

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chapter 38: Discussion
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2013, 04:53:05 pm »
Spikes and hair - not restored.
Eyelashes and brow - restored.
Eye (p.27) - back to the monster black.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2013, 05:35:45 am »
There is such a rarity of perfect breasts in the world it would have been a shame to ruin such a lovely pair as hers! :)

I wonder if her lovely horns will grow back?  Gonna need a new headress too... maybe a dress...

...On second thought she could go back to the two piece bikini look and I'd be just fine with that! :)
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2013, 08:09:55 am »
Is Shepard there?

Well, that answers that question.

Gillsing

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2013, 04:04:34 pm »
So that wasn't an invisible Suspiria who just wasn't going to take any chances when she checked how loyal Crest would be? Because that's what I thought. Makes perfect sense that it'd be that invisible watcher though.

Shazam

• Collared Pet
  • Better than Morning Coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2013, 11:08:57 pm »
Remind me who the invisible watcher/shepherd is? I'm forgetting.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2013, 08:08:21 am »
WHAT?!?!? no kiss goodbye?!?!? We've been cheated!!! :)

LOL. Could be Qtalda .. Unrobed!
Porky Pig {Space Cadet} - "I kept cutting a cutting and their was nothing but hair and sneakers!?!?"
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:27:05 am by sunphoenix »
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2013, 01:06:36 pm »
Qtalda, I think, probably was the invisible person. You just can't keep a potential great villain down!  ;D Speaking of which, is the Thin Man a (true) villain?  ??? We've seen his side when he spoke to Maytag. What's the verdict?

Shazam

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2013, 08:23:56 pm »
That had been my assumption before this shepherd was mentioned. Qtilda had already made clear he/she had arranged protections against that spell and wasn't vulnerable to it.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2013, 07:56:20 pm »
Qtalda, I think, probably was the invisible person. You just can't keep a potential great villain down!  ;D Speaking of which, is the Thin Man a (true) villain?  ??? We've seen his side when he spoke to Maytag. What's the verdict?

Considering he kidnaps his test subjects, has a rather dubious definition of the word "consent" and, while willing to admit his legal responsibility for the actions of his "experiments" cares not one whit about the actions of his own underlings, "villain" would be getting off lightly.

SparcMan

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • SparcMan's World
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:19 pm »
I don't think there is any proof that Thin Man did this to Suspera. In fact, it seems like he needs some time with his subjects to "modify" them. At least that was the case with Bloody Mary. What happened to Suspera may have nothing to do with him.  I suspect that when she confronts him, he will offer her a "cure" for her condition.

sunphoenix

• Kinky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2013, 08:45:50 am »
Hey Perhaps its 'Melter' who is secretly making some if not all of the Thin-Man's experiments go wrong?  Perhaps Suspera, was something Melter did totally on his own?

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2013, 06:45:34 am »
Hey Perhaps its 'Melter' who is secretly making some if not all of the Thin-Man's experiments go wrong?  Perhaps Suspera, was something Melter did totally on his own?

Even so, Melter takes orders directly from Thin Man (or at least the organization that Thin Man founded) and the leader of any organization is directly responsible for the conduct of his people. The fact that Thin Man, by his own admission, does not care is no excuse or legal pardon.

Some folks were trying to defend Halcyon, saying he didn't "deserve to die" for his complicity, by neglect, in Suspira's case. Unfortunately, when you agree to become a rubber stamp, whatever the reason, it no longer matters if you "deserve" death or not because that's the price you ultimately pay once you make that decision. (If those who are abusing your "figurehead" status don't kill you themselves, they merely use you as the scapegoat and let the authorities/victims do the killing because it's YOUR signature on the orders after all.)

The Thin Man is ultimately in a far worse position. He is fully complicit in their activities, not only by hiding their involvement with memory manipulation, but also by knowing about their behavior yet taking no corrective action simply because he does not care.

He finally convinced Maytag to eat that sandwich by saying "we could have easily done something in your sleep." Frankly, we can't be certain that he HASN'T. I mean there are two-part chemicals in this world. Heck, we can't even be sure Maytag was actually asleep for three days.

Frankly, in Maytag's place, I would have demanded that I be released IMMEDIATELY, and that my possession, ALL of them (including the ones stolen by Danzig's team) be returned to me with the promise that if I had to force my own way out, the result would be very unpleasant for Thin Man and his little sycophant.

Flipthecannon

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2013, 04:23:54 am »

I have to think it was Qtalda. Otherwise...that whole scene with the Conclave went down way too easily and anti-climatically.

The Thin Man's a villain.  I am pretty sure his motives are more ambiguous than what he makes them out to be and he's done some horrible wrongs.

Shazam

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2013, 09:15:56 pm »
It is curious that Qtalda didn't do anything when the spell was turned on her given this page's final panels:

http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=1969

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2013, 07:10:51 am »
It is curious that Qtalda didn't do anything when the spell was turned on her given this page's final panels:

http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=1969

Presuming the invisible person who walked away was Shepherd and not Qtalda, we can only speculate that she did nothing because it was "Retribution Doll" that "cast" the spell, not Qtalda herself.

Then again, she may have simply let her subordinates die so she could fake her death and fight another day.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2013, 07:34:56 am »
The idea was that since she wasn't the one who cast the spell, she couldn't stop it.

Enkida

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Baldur's Gate Portraits
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2013, 06:45:04 am »

He's the guy who rescued May and Bern from crazy collar knight on chapter 2 or 3 or something.  You know, the pudgy, round glasses, "Don't cut your tits off Maytag!" sorcerer guy.  I forgot if he was a part of the Conclave or not, though.

I will admit having a Mass Effect moment when i first saw his name again because it's been so long ;)
2 kids = no more comics, but you can still find me doing BG portraits now and then

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2013, 09:10:35 pm »

He's the guy who rescued May and Bern from crazy collar knight on chapter 2 or 3 or something.  You know, the pudgy, round glasses, "Don't cut your tits off Maytag!" sorcerer guy.  I forgot if he was a part of the Conclave or not, though.

I will admit having a Mass Effect moment when i first saw his name again because it's been so long ;)

He is (or at least was) an active member of the Phalanx, acting undercover. At least, that's what he said. It's not like he displayed some kind of official phalanx badge. He just happened to know about the "pactio" collar and the correct spell to destroy it. He also used a bit of memory magic (that presumably went astray because gynophobic rape knight went crazy) to hide his presence from the rest of the Knights. He is presumed to be in Iscarot because Melter mentioned some other "invisible guy" watching over Maytag before killing Mr. Saboteur.