Author Topic: Hi There  (Read 4252 times)

RemedialRob

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi There
« on: August 01, 2011, 06:10:49 pm »
My name is Rob and I'm the author of today's guest strip. My partner in crime Corey is the artist (sorry if you saw author I'm pretty sick right now). Between the two of us we do several comics over at Remedial Comics.

www.remedialcomics.com

Our comic "Remedy" updates Monday, Wednesday and Friday (in fact we just put up Monday's a couple hours ago :D). Remedy is about an aging vigilante considering retirement, his super powered cat and all the things that can go horribly wrong in one life. On Tuesday and Thursday we update "Wonder Weenies" which is about three fast food workers who gain super powers by being exposed to irradiated hot dogs. Badly Written, Badly Drawn (BWBD) is my soap box. I tell bad jokes badly with bad art to go along. I update that one when I feel like it. Which means rarely. I just moved to San Diego and I've been pretty busy since I got here. The other comic we have a placeholder for is a 3D comic called "Symbolic Warfare" which we're working on slowly and hoping to launch with a one a week schedule when we're ready.

We've got some other stuff in the works but I just wanted to come by and thank Brion for the chance to show his fans what we could do. I had the pleasure if sitting next to Brion for most of SDCC last week and I met a lot of his fans and you guys are all pretty great.

So I hope you like my bad jokes and Corey's excellent art. Thanks for your time.  :-*
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:10:49 pm by RemedialRob »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: Hi There
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:35:33 pm »
Strewth,

I was half a second away from marking this post for deletion when I just read enough to discover it was legit *lol*

Love your work mate.  I hope is wasn't Maytag's thumb that was getting the Honey Badger off *lol*

I'll have to checkout your own comics sometime soon.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 12:03:06 am »
Strewth,

I was half a second away from marking this post for deletion when I just read enough to discover it was legit *lol*

Love your work mate.  I hope is wasn't Maytag's thumb that was getting the Honey Badger off *lol*

I'll have to checkout your own comics sometime soon.
True that, I saw the dude's name, and thought "Oh, christ, another cheap meds spammer" but luckily I read the post, because these are some pretty good comics, right here.

RemedialRob

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 12:06:18 am »
Thanks man. I just write the jokes it's up to Corey to bring them to life.

As for the badger... man it was a tight spot... I was trying to squeeze as many jokes in there as I could. But clarity obviously suffered. The gag in its' entirety is that Bernadette is such a bad ass swordstress that she pops all the balloons without harming Maytag AND get's the Honey Badger off which wasn't even part of the challenge.

So extra points I guess?

LOL

Anyway, thanks for the kind words (and not deleting my post) and do stop by and say hi some time. :D

RemedialRob

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 12:07:44 am »
Oh man... does RemedialRob sound like a penis pill dude because NO ONE wants to be that guy (except of course the guy who owns the penis pill factory of course).

Thanks to you too Churba. Much appreciated. :D

Oh and just so you guys know I'm not some fair weather friend either. I've been reading Flipside since before I was in the webcomics biz myself. I met Brion at my very first con (Connecticon 2007 I think) and bought book #1.

Then last year I forgot I already bought book #1 and bought it from him again. He's THAT good!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:09:35 am by RemedialRob »

RemedialRob

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:11:28 am »
Holy crap... I thought I would add one of the kitschy avatars Corey drew for me to my account and I clicked profile and it went right to "Are you sure you want to cancel your account?"

Talk about fear of commitment.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 12:39:24 am »
Sorry, you gotta make 10 posts before you have access to your profile.  Welcome to the forum!

RemedialRob

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 12:52:13 am »
Thanks Lobster Man.

I thought I was having an "it's not me it's you" moment with your forum. :D