Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei  (Read 4796 times)

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
Shin Megami Tensei
« on: December 27, 2010, 12:09:59 pm »
So, I'm wondering if anyone here plays Shin Megami Tensei games.  I'm personally a huge fan of them, ever since I first played Persona 1 back when it first game out for Playstation 1.  Just recently for xmas I got Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey for DS, which is sort of like a sequel to Nocturne for PS2, but is more of a throwback to the older games.  I'm about 10 hours into it so far, and am really enjoying it, it's got a great story and a really awesome unique soundtrack, and it's pretty difficult.  Has anyone else here played it?  Or, if not, played any of the SMT games?

No.Na.

• Red Light Worker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Illusionslostone
    • View Profile
    • Deviant art
    • Email
Re: Shin Megami Tensei
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 11:07:52 am »
I'm a huge fan myself, I didn't know Strange journey was a successor to Noctrune though.

I got into The SMT series Persona 3 which I loved, and broke (many time over) with the satan lucifer combo attack, since lucifer had "Salvation" which recovered my MP after battle, doubling stats with trips the shrine, and power leveling at the beginning of the month.  I liked the heavy story of this game.

I played through persona 2(US), 2(JP), 3, & 4

Still playing, Strange journey, Noctrune, persona (psp), persona 3 (psp).

I have not played Digital devil, or devil summoner series.

I love the megaten wiki.

Also Watched some of the anime trinity soul. If you haven't seen it you Persona 4 is getting an anime adaption too
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:11:42 am by No.Na. »
In the three fates we trust

maddhopps

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:19:04 pm »
When Shin Megami Tensei IV comes out in July it will be my first game in the series. I own Persona 3 FES, but I never found the chance to play it.  I'm going into the series pretty blind, but I'm looking forward to it. 

sunphoenix

• Kinky
  • "..you have to give love to get love." -Wendy Pini
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 09:13:17 pm »
I've played the MMORPG... Megten by Aeria Games... before they shut down the servers.  Pretty game but weird in a intriguing way... never played any of the others... so I'm not sure how it fits with the stories or plot you know from the other games.
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.  No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein