Author Topic: Chapter 29: Discussion  (Read 49544 times)

crazy_razor

• Slave Groupie
  • i feel like i can dream, too.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Re: Chapter 29: Discussion
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2011, 08:55:53 am »
Brion, your Masakazu Katsura influence is showing. Eh hee.

I love Crest and Suspiria. But then, I'm shameless. <3

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2011, 03:51:27 pm »
A beautiful girl forces you into the bed with her and you have to lie perfectly still and can't do anything with her.
What a nightmare. :(
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2011, 05:16:27 pm »
A beautiful girl forces you into the bed with her and you have to lie perfectly still and can't do anything with her.
Shouldn't that be enough?

Suspiria must trust Crest quite a bit to ask him to stay with her, but poor Crest is too nervous to enjoy the fact that she needs him.

When will he learn to relax around women. /sigh

TheShyOne

• Collared Pet
  • Hidden within the shadows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2011, 06:14:11 pm »

Suspiria must trust Crest quite a bit to ask him to stay with her, but poor Crest is too nervous to enjoy the fact that she needs him.

I can somewhat relate to Crest, but I'm more confined and less social; that's just me though. Other than that, I could never truly understand what really goes on...
Signified! :P

Jety Lefr

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Close the world, Open the next. -Lain
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05:48 pm »
I can somewhat relate to Crest, but I'm more confined and less social;
aren't we all...? I mean, isn't that why we're on forums instead of outside?
(meh... the forums are better anyway)
"Strive to be better than you've ever been before. Only you can know how much you have, and only you can give yourself more."

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2011, 08:47:20 am »
I'm on the forum because the outside hates me.  (I just gone done mowing a couple acres and my allergies are killing me.)

But anyway, back to topic at hand.  Yeah, that could be tricky ground for crest.  There are several different things she could want here.  And it could be OH so easy for him to guess the wrong one.  :)

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2011, 01:48:46 pm »
"Yes ... we fuck."  Great line  ;D.  And wooo!  Go Crest (bow-chicka-wowow)!  Good call with the Masakazu Katsura reference, crazy_razor.  It does remind me of that one scene between Yota and Nobuko in Video Girl Ai.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2011, 08:42:08 pm »
*lol* well she is asking for a favor.  Its possible that he's just a substitute for Kinn, or maybe she really is lonely and just wants someone to snuggle up to.

...Maytag should still be staying in the house.  I wonder what she'll think when she gets up in the morning and finds Crest and Inverness both leaving from the same room.

We used to wonder what happened HERE but judging by Crest's reaction now, it seems they really did just sit and maybe talk.

I simply can't tell where this is going.  She seems to like Crest but there's still this worry in my head that she's not over Kinn and that even if she is, a dominating girl like her might not be the right match for such a submissive man like Crest.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

TheShyOne

• Collared Pet
  • Hidden within the shadows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2011, 09:16:18 pm »
I was about to predict some sort of conclusion, but I'm a bit more confused at this point. Then again, I never could understand wtf is going on or is about to go on clearly.
Signified! :P

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2011, 12:26:15 am »
Well so Suspi just needed a Crest dakimura to feel safe around?

Well maybe something can be built from it if Suspi feels safe with Crest presence like that.

Also Crest, lol, no sleep for him tonight!

But we didn't get a morning wood scene ;D

His talk with May should be interesting, since he doesn't have any kind of knowledge how relationships works and what signs Suspi may be sending him, he needs to ask the expert here.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2011, 01:23:00 am »
His talk with May should be interesting, since he doesn't have any kind of knowledge how relationships works and what signs Suspi may be sending him, he needs to ask the expert here.

Agree, whatever happens, he's likely to have a talk to Maytag about it.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2011, 10:30:51 am »

Some of us have overactive hormones that would make it an utter agony.

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2011, 12:59:14 pm »
Well, he survived the night and I see no signs of trauma yet.  So , well enough. :)

Jety Lefr

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Close the world, Open the next. -Lain
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2011, 03:31:13 pm »
A-"And the Shippers go WILD!!!"
Here's a quote from one of these shippers.
S-"I was a little disappointed at first, but realized, that.... uh, yeah. It's better this way. They should, um, take it slow."
A-"Quite the wordsmith isn't he?"
"Strive to be better than you've ever been before. Only you can know how much you have, and only you can give yourself more."

dg86

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2011, 04:01:53 pm »
Okay, guys...has anyone ever noticed that Crest looks like a miniature Kin? 

Think about it--Suspiria's paying for his swordfighting lessons, uses him as a snuggle toy...

She wants a replacement Kin.  Now imagine a more buffed up Crest with a slightly different haircut.

More or less an exact replica of Kin.

9_6

« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2011, 05:49:49 am »
And have you noticed suspiria looks like a miniature miniature kin?
If kin, crest and suspiria had a threesome we wouldn't know who's who.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:52:41 am by 9_6 »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2011, 08:55:11 pm »
And have you noticed suspiria looks like a miniature miniature kin?
If kin, crest and suspiria had a threesome we wouldn't know who's who.
Crest would be on the bottom *LOL*

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2011, 03:41:17 am »
True that! :D

I feel really bad for Crest in the latest comic. If I was in his position I would feel like I needed to get Suspira to talk to me about what was going on (at the very least). But we all know that is like walking in to a minefield. Suspira is just so... vulnerable emotionally. But... I feel like that doesn't give her the right to take advantage of Crest. And that's what I think forcing him to sleep with her is. She doesn't seem to have any idea about what doing that would do to Crest, nor does she care.  It would psychologically torque me out and hormonally mess me up to be that physically close to a woman night after night but not fuck her and not know where I stood with her, and I feel like Crest is going to have to stand up to her if they are ever going to be together or even remain friends. I think what she is doing to him is unbelievably passive-aggressive and selfish. Especially if she doesn't even tell him what is going on.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2011, 06:21:10 am »
I think Maytag's analysis is right on the money.  Crest is usually nervous around pretty women because... well that's NORMAL, especially for a virgin and especially for a guy who's been BURNED before.  Any guy who ISN'T nervous around pretty women, is some guy women shouldn't be going near, at least not willingly.  Those guys tend to treat women very badly.  With Suspira, she's also a level 3 "genius" mage.  The sleep depriving fear is well justified.   Now as for asking him to her bed, well.  We don't know HOW LONG Suspira and Kin were an item.  She could simply be accustomed to needing a warm body, and to Crest's credit, he has shown he knows how to keep her safe.

So Crest, keep being nice to her, treat her well, and we'll see how this goes.

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2011, 04:59:40 pm »
Heh.  Maybe Maytag wasn't the right person to ask. Really, she seemed as confused as Crest for once.    :)

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2011, 05:02:34 pm »
Hey Crest, How far away are you taking Suspria on holiday?
Tillicum.
Oh shit you're never coming back.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2011, 01:11:38 am »
Yeah, Suspira is accommodating Crest and Maytag and paying for Crest's fighter training.  I don't think she's being mean but ASKING him for the favour of sleeping with her.

She's probably not aware of Crest's virginity, or even how nervous he is around women since he hangs out with Maytag.  I'd figure that she's thinking Crest would speak up and ask her directly if he was uncomfortable.  Otherwise I'm sure she'd explain that she's simply lonely and just needs some company to get through the night.

I'm not really blaming Maytag's confusion either.  It's not like she got our view of the situation. She's relying on Crest's description.

Enkida

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Baldur's Gate Portraits
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2011, 02:22:55 am »
Ahaha!  Maytag´s face on the first panel == priceless!  Comedy gold!

Especially since I read that first as "Crest managed to have sex?  With ANYONE?"

2 kids = no more comics, but you can still find me doing BG portraits now and then

WreckedElf

« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2011, 10:31:23 am »
Ahk! Could no longer resist, had to register and post! So.. Yay for my first post, and hello everbody!

Crest is the character who got me hooked on this comic, and I admit to being a hopeless Crest X Suspiria shipper! It seems pretty clear to me that Suspiria is currently drawn to Crest because of her depression and his similiarities to Kin; this could lead to trouble if neither she nor Crest catch on. Poor inexperienced Crest could get really hurt and confused if she recovers her composure and then decides she doesn't really like him like that. However, ever since Kin showed up I've always felt like he was a matured cofindent version of Crest. And I really think that as Crest gains some confidence and expierence he will naturally become a person similar to Kin in character, thus he really could be a good match for Suspiria.

And I think Suspiria has a lot of the same traits that Crest found attractive in Maytag... with the added benefit that Suspiria is actually attracted to guys like Crest, where Maytag isn't really.

So maybe it's just the ship-bias in me speaking, but I really think they have potential for a really cool relationship.

Also, I found Maytag's reaction to Crest sleeping with Suspiria and her confusion at plutonically sleeping together to quite amusing!

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2011, 09:52:56 pm »
Aww. Crest is so CUTE.  He's got it BAD for Suspira. At least he gets it.  Yes, he's going to have to be VERY patient, but Suspira will be totally worth it.

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2011, 10:38:36 pm »
Aww. Crest is so CUTE.  He's got it BAD for Suspira. At least he gets it.  Yes, he's going to have to be VERY patient, but Suspira will be totally worth it.
Either that, or she'll get the shits with him and in a burst of rage and magical power explodes him into a cloud of rapidly expanding incandescent gasses that used to be Crest.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2011, 06:35:39 am »
Or gives him a sex change.

My immediate thought is that Maytag could just bring a new portal through and leave it with Bern, but I'm guessing they're expensive.

Andrea

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2011, 09:17:45 am »
I'm for the Crest+Suspiria couple.

Also, I'm sure someday Crest will become a skilled swordsman, maybe even more skilled than Kin. And we'll have a nice complete jrpg party:

Bernadette -> The Hero
Maytag -> The Rogue
Crest -> The Badass swordfighter
Suspiria -> The Badass wizard

Thankfully we don't have an annoying cleric.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2011, 06:22:20 pm »
Bern -> The Champion -> Physical attack
Maytag -> The Rogue -> Diplomacy, theft, healing, etc
Crest -> The Meatshield -> Damage absorbtion
Suspira -> The Mage -> Magic attack, healing, etc

I can't believe we skipped all the old towns.  I thought for sure we'd get stop-offs in Solstice and Vestige to see Orrasong and Sierra and maybe let Ashley take another shot at the title. *shrug*

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2011, 02:03:51 am »
I'm glad we skipped them, I want to see Bern subplot unfolding than getting distracted by old characters ^^

And no, the party needs a sexy cleric!
Or a hot nun with healing magic :D