Author Topic: I just started reading this and I like it, but....  (Read 4929 times)

zblues

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
I just started reading this and I like it, but....
« on: March 03, 2011, 09:16:13 pm »
I'm at chapter 7 and I gotta know. Does Crest have a chance of ever ending up with Maytag? I don't know what it is, they seemed a better fit then her and Bernadette. I mean is Crest even the main character? He seems like it.

Furcas

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
Re: I just started reading this and I like it, but....
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 09:41:44 pm »
Hello and welcome. :) Flipside is great, and it keeps getting better!

Crest is not the main character, but he is one of the main characters, although he's a bit less important than Maytag and Bernadette. As to whether he has a chance with Maytag, are you sure you want a spoiler? I mean, you'll know soon enough if you keep reading.

zblues

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 09:48:20 pm »
I don't care about spoilers. Crest just seems like the mc to me.

Furcas

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 10:09:38 pm »
SPOILERS BELOW:

Well, then, no, it doesn't look like Crest has much of a chance. Even if Maytag and Bernadette were to split up, which is unlikely but possible, I don't think Maytag has any real romantic feelings for Crest. She likes him, but she likes lots of people.

That said, if Maytag's going to cheat on Bernadette with a character that's already appeared in the comic, Crest is a good bet, IMO.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 12:16:47 am »
Hey there, this is the creator.  Glad you like the comic so far.  To tell you the truth, Crest is not exactly the main character.  The first couple of chapters are a little misleading.  He is and will continue to be a major character though, certainly a close 3rd to May and Bern.  As for him hooking up with May, well it's pretty common for people to wish for specific pairings, isn't it?  I obviously can't tell you if he'll ever get a chance, but I can promise unpredictability!  With Flipside, you never know!

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 12:41:11 am »
Crest has said some pretty creepy things over time.  Even with May and Bern's progress in their relationship together with the hinting at something between Crest and Inverness.
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=420
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=821

Overall I like crest as a character in Flipside.  He's good for showing some analysis on a few bits and as an underpowered extra who can come up with some tricks once in a while.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

zblues

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 09:29:28 pm »
Now that I have read more, I would really like to see Crest with Maytag. I guess I'm a sucker for the guy who falls for the girl at first sight.

Andrea

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 09:37:13 pm »
I want to see Crest with Suspiria! Who cares the jester!

Ryuu

• Experimental
  • I like robot ninja chocolate monkeys!
    • MSN Messenger - r_y_u_u@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 01:03:37 pm »
I want to see Crest with Suspiria! Who cares the jester!
i agree with the crestXsuspiria pairing, i think they work together, their personalities sorta balance eachother... and i also like bernxmay a lot, so i don't want them to break up

Flipside desktops, knock yourself out.
now with more pictures!

TheShyOne

• Collared Pet
  • Hidden within the shadows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 10:55:27 am »
I'm at chapter 7 and I gotta know. Does Crest have a chance of ever ending up with Maytag? I don't know what it is, they seemed a better fit then her and Bernadette. I mean is Crest even the main character? He seems like it.

Before "Flipside" hypnotized me, I once thought that "Flipside" without Crest was kinda like "Happy Days" without Fonz.
Signified! :P

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 12:38:04 pm »
I actually found Crest the least interesting character when I started reading this, I was rather glad that later story shifted toward May and Bern and focused on them more.

Crest was just like a kid at start for me which story I was just not interested in following.
He changed into better over time and I hope he will develop more into an adult at some point(let's hope that Suspiria will help him in that).

I suppose different readers have different characters they like.

My fav is of course Bern due to her strong morals and that her philosophy of life is similiar to mine.