Author Topic: TALK: A Great Treasure Awaits  (Read 28989 times)

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
TALK: A Great Treasure Awaits
« on: March 19, 2009, 11:45:15 am »
Discuss. ^^

-

So, who has the time or the memory to make a summary before the old forum dissapears and everything is gone?
I know I don't, I have way to much postponed homework to be entirely healthy.
My opinion; summary should contain where we are, important places we have been, important things that has happened. How people know eachother, and important things the characters have been through that people need to know at a later time.
But this is obvious isn't it?
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: TALK: A Great Treasure Awaits
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 12:11:45 pm »
Don't worry I already have all the posts save to my computer, now all I have to do is format them into .txt files small enough to post as attachments and it'll be all set.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 12:19:52 pm »
I'm impressed.
I had no idea people did that just because they wanted to.
Or maybe I'm just the one who is to lazy to do so. xD

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 12:24:56 pm »
I saw the same thing done with the lord of the rings Rp that was up there a while back, and it seemed like a good idea. Plus it really wasn't that hard.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 12:26:57 pm »
How many pages long IS that RP though? Wouldnt of thought it would be a "simple" task (well simple but time consuming)

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 12:31:23 pm »
Not to mention boring.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 12:41:39 pm »
Well if I go by 40 posts a page its about 23 pages long. Plus theres a text only setting that I used, so that made it a whole lot easier.

Lucid Nightmare

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 01:05:18 am »
While we're on the topic of recording posts, does anyone else here keep all the posts they make for a rp in a .txt document, or is it just me?

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 01:29:39 am »
I tend not to... I have thoughts and snippets of posts I'm intending to make in a word document but that's about it.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 09:18:18 am »
I thought about it, I like to keep my art somehwere safe so I can get to it if I want to, but my language and RP skills are in growth, so... I don't see how that is an argument for anything, but anyways, I don't.
Out of lazyness possibly.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 02:50:53 am »
i was gonna say I certainly didn't feel up to making a summary right now. :-\ maybe on Monday i could put something shortish together. ;) but it's cooler that all the posts are saved ^_^ :-*
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 06:08:27 am »
So what's the plan then folks?

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 11:01:58 am »
who's gonna do the summary this time? ???

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 01:46:56 pm »
Didn't Keoden have stuff on his computer?? O.o

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 01:49:27 pm »
He should be able to attach them... Click Reply then Advanced Options there's an "Attach" button there...

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 03:50:50 am »
Blarg...Im sorry for being so slow, its just trying to get all of it organized and small enough to be attached it all. 128 KB is tiny... even for .txt files.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 01:24:53 am »
cool so we can go on then^_^ :-*

adn i hope no one minds if I start the cast list thread for this. I still like the idea and am glad charles gave the okay. ^_^

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 07:50:07 pm »
i hate double posting but I worked very hard on this summary and I'm not about to let it go to waste:

In the beginning there was Captain Kairi and Mai of the ship "The Bloody Rose" looking for some crew that would forgo any circumstance to obtain the treasure of Captain Dante Mathius. they picked up an oddball skeleton crew. Jones 'Blackpowder' McGee the klutzy explosives expert, and Saleth 'the cabin boy' both joined not knowing fully what they were getting into.

really that's how it all began.

there was a big event with Mai being captured and taken aboard another ship Captained by Lord Lau.
Brother of the Shadows and something about a ring... and we first hear Mai called the Crimson Thorn. Mai then explains all she can about the elite assassins that call themselves the brotherhood. then Kairi makes a rotten deal with this evil Lau person before he "lets them go"...

then the stow aways joined in for the adventure of their lives. the first to be caught was Aretha a young girl who Mai  nicknamed  'Mouse'. Aretha was then put under the charge of good ol' Jones.  and then things sorta got scary. the boat seemed to take them to another world, almost. "A bit like the edge of the world from Pirates of the Caribbean 3" (direct quote of OOC)

our other three main stowaways came all about the same time. See Hennet the wandering thief climbed aboard to steal a few usable items only to be caught by Mai and Aretha. Mai first thinks Hennet to be one of Lau's men. a quick witted chase ensues and Jones joins in to help out.

while this was going on Sara made her way towards the Bloody Rose  and Jones stopped his tracks as Mai chased after Hennet. Jones recognized Sara's singing and so in turn had invited her aboard.

Hennet was thrown in the brig and brought food as Sara climbed over the railing of the ship.

Jones and Aretha and Sarah plundered the food stores and liquor stock while Mai dealt with Hennet.

Mai still unsure as to whether Hennet was sent by Lau or not did her best to decide what to do with him. eventually he talked her down to his boat floating near the Bloody Rose. He retrieved a flute before they returned to the Bloody Rose again. The two of them discuss things and Mai promises to protect Hennet who is now her servant till Mai falls asleep. Hennet plays a tune on his flute and has a rather startling reaction to it. Such as old wounds reopen, meaning physically. Mai tries to do something about it but Hennet whistles a tune that puts her to sleep.

While Mai had been trying to help Hennet another person climbs aboard the ship (talk about lacking of security...) named Ren who Hennet after playing his flute at him binds him to the mast of the ship. (no really playing the flute..yeah it gets better just wait and see.) Hennet then goes into a fitful nightmarish sleep. Mai wakes to find this unknown person tied to the mast of the ship and begins to question him.

This is when we first meet Nihil. Just a figure and voice known only to Hennet. All that is really known of  Nihil at this point is that he is a demon and that he's connected to Hennet in some way through the flute.

while Mai struggles with frustration about Hennet Ren is having his own conversation in his head by an Evil Spirit that possesses him named Vall. the two possessions are different. Hennet's being more of an acceptance to embrace demonic power and Ren’s is controlled by a force he didn't want in the first place. the questioning leads to Ren letting Vall out and a seeming fight breaks out in "the corporeal world" (direct quote) but it turns into this rather:

Vall grinned at Nihil and raised his hand and opened it. Inside lay two spheres.

"Soul manipulation. A very complex ability, but made very simple to corporeal's when they are in their own realm."

He engulfed the spheres with a mist like substance that came out of Vall's mouth and dropped them to the ground. Within seconds, Ren and Hennet were on the ground, in their usual attire. Ren's body converted into a shadowed figure, seemingly shapeless. Nihil's body seemed to remain unchanged.

Ren get up and brushed himself off. "You know, you had me believing the whole time that was my inner self, not a whole different world."

Vall laughed. "No, but your inner self will resemble this place by the time I'm through."

Ren shot back wittingly, "We will see about that." Tch, we are acting like rivals.

Vall looked at Hennet and Nihil.

"Soul's do not decay here. Over exposure to this realm can taint a soul with negative energy, but the abundance of energy in general will keep it nourished. Corporeal's are a possession type. It only makes sense we have access to such an area. Unfortunately, the only being that can access this realm is of course, ones like myself. So, Hennet. Nihil. I want you to tell me everything about the Flute. In return, I have some information you both might find useful." He looked at Ren. "You will find it useful as well."

Vall snapped his fingers as if he forgot something.

"Ah yes. I forgot. This realm is only tailored to Corporeal and humans. A demon such as yourself will very slowly have their stamina drained by the flickering shadows below us. The more engulfed in them you are, the quicker it happens. On your behalf Nihil, speak swiftly. These shadows do not care about immortality. That's Rule 2."
(yeah I wasn't summarizing that. waaay too cool.)
Right after that post our Vampire crew member(Trent) awakes and, after a post explaining how Nihil got attached to the flute, he feeds on Sara as Sara and Aretha sleep. he then assaults a returned to this world Hennet and gets berated at by a miffed off Mai. Mai then takes Hennet aside and they discuss Hennet's new appearance: kittyboy
Mai and Jones find demonic wards that Jones is determined to use on Hennet. Mai convinces him there must be another way.
Sara wakes up from her drunkenness and when she realizes she's been bitten by a vampire her blood boils and she tries to find Jones.

then the real fighting begins. more between Nihil and Trent than anyone else. Nihil tosses Trent overboard and that ends that fight only for Nihil to play with Mai's mind about whether he should kill Hennet now or later. but Mai kissed Hennet and saved them both. because Nihil wasn't fully in his full form anymore. Not yet.

Trent washes up on an island and meets a Father Abel. Two days go by on the island And the two of them get onto a small "skimmer" to search for the Bloody Rose.

meantime on the Bloody Rose Mai and Hennet ate and started to really get along with each other. Hennet even begins singing to Mai. Hennet falls asleep and Mai goes to see if Jones doesn't have any ideas to save Hennet from Nihil.  his inkling doesn't seem like a very safe idea for Hennet and Mai leaves to return to Hennet who then has a piece of old sword removed from his shoulder by the ship's surgeon.

And then The Bloody Rose lands. It Lands in Mai's old home. A place called Canton. Mai, Jones, Sarah, and Aretha sneak into the port with Jones and Sarah as a 'Lord and lady' and Mai and Aretha as their 'servants'.  The meet up Trent and Abel in the Tavern at port. Abel seems to have been very familiar with Jones.(what everyone seems to know him…Lol) They start a bit of a brawl there without really meaning to because Mai looses her temper and reveals herself...

Meanwhile Kairi and Hennet have a personal meeting out on the rooftops of town. Kairi took care of some personal business before heading off to find Mai and the gang. Hennet followed after Kairi and it rather bothered Kairi to be stalked as such. 
The Fight was ended by the time Kairi and Hennet arrive at the scene with a few cuts and bruises but no one the worse for wear. Except maybe the not so good guy who recognized Mai as The Crimson Thorn.
A bit of a spat was had between Nihil and Mai, before Nihil slipped out to have some fun. ‘Fun’ to Nihil meant a short killing spree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~And Now~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hennet and Mai are on the ship discussing their relationship now that Mai has given herself away to his brother Lordrin right in front of Hennet to try and save his life.

Hennet had died anyways and been saved by captain Kairi (obviously more than she seems) to return and win a ruby that has some huge power over Mai  from a brotherhood boss (one of 7) known as Lord Kori.

Nihil the demon now looks more like a human then Hennet and is waiting on deck for the next turn of events.

meanwhile ...
down at the bar and tavern Sarah has been drinking heavily and has just been conversing with Aretha only to be interrupted by a loud and rather not nice Man named Lordrin who is related as a sibling to Hennet and Sara though how Sara is related has barely been touched on.

So is anyone going to stop Aretha from stalking out of the tavern or is she going to make it to the boat alone? i mean she's only 14...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:50:19 pm by Smiles »

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 04:01:06 am »
Well, Sarah wouldn't care much. I'm sorry, but Sarah has such wierd ways of looking at life. Jones and Ekri at the door might though, I was hoping to have the two parties meet. It's wierd to sit in the same bar but not meeting. xD

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 07:15:15 am »
Is it too late to join? trying to catch up wi the previous posts just now
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 09:19:53 am »
No such thing as too late.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 09:22:35 am »
developing a character just now not ready yet a few things to research first

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 09:32:40 am »
looking forward to seeing you join us Odd^_^ :-*

I hope the summary helps  ;)

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 09:35:55 am »
at least in this one be able to use fire arms  ;D might get a decent pic to go with the profile as well. this is what im working on just now still some work left to do I think:

Name: James “one eye” Mason nick name comes from one eye being partly closed from looking down the telescope sight of his Lee Enfield.
Appearance: sea beaten face faded red coat and bleached white trousers of His Majesty’s Royal Marines.
Ship: None but has served on most of the Fleet of the Royal Navy
Personality: Grizzly old Royal Marine, deep voiced and short graying hair.
Short Bio: ex-Gunnery Sergeant/Master At Arms (MAA) of His Majesty’s Royal Marines enlisted at the age of 16 in the Edinburgh port of Leith has been involved in many actions and has served aboard most of the fleet of the Royal Navy. Was re-deployed as a sharp shooter instructor at Saint Kitts after being severely wounded after an encounter with pirates.
Favorite Weapon to use: Flintlock Lee Enfield rifle with removable telescope sight for long range shots.
Other: Marmaduke sword, Bayonet and a flint lock pistol.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 09:50:07 am by Oddball »

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 10:18:45 am »
well when you got it all together you can put it in the cast thread and then start posting in the actual RP ^_^

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 09:35:58 am »
Tell me if I'm wrong understanding this the Black rose is in a harbour just now? and Aretha has just walked out of a tavern leaving Jones?

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 09:15:41 pm »
yes and almost. She could be out of the tavern by now. in my mind I was waiting to see if Lordrin would stop her or something. play off it maybe we could get a bit of dialogue going. ;) course she wouldn't dare walk out if she saw a navy uniform walk in. ;) ;D retired or not. :)

ooh maybe you could say you met with a pirate back in the day and Aretha would connect him to her mother and gasp or something. I think we could lead up to that at some point.^_^

Plus that would give Lordrin the in for interrupting with trying to convince Aretha that Hennet is the guy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 09:19:46 pm by Smiles »

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 03:11:51 am »
oh no got some thing all written out that is a bit darker.;  8) ;)

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 03:34:44 am »
course she wouldn't dare walk out if she saw a navy uniform walk in. ;) ;D retired or not. :)

Um.. From what I understood of Keaodens posts. Lodrin is a Captain in the navy... so would he not be wearing a uniform too?

And Odd, the ships the Bloody Rose (although it's captain doesnt seem to be in the RP any more...).

I believe Hennet's is the Crossbow.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:38:50 am by NightWraith »

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 03:40:21 am »
sorry ill change that....where did i get Black Rose from?   ???
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:44:07 am by Oddball »