Author Topic: A Great Treasure Awaits  (Read 20280 times)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: A Great Treasure Awaits
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2009, 01:13:57 am »
OOC: So do I find someone at the Tavern, or on the way there?  Or will I just presume she beats/bullies 2-4 random drunkards into coming along?
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2009, 04:08:43 pm »
(OOC - Sorry for skipping, but I feel like I have to. Also, I'll somewhat be taking charge of Jones, making sure he isn't leaft behind and stuff. I might have to make him say stuff at times, but more like I did here. 'Jones agreed' instead of writing down sentances. So I'll have to slightly poke him around, but I'll be careful.)

After some slightly spiteful words between Sarah and Ekri, Sarah agreed to take her back to the ship. Not that Jones would vouch for the girl, he seemed to not know her at all, even though Ekri insisted they had met.
But Sarah wasn't surprised, Jones wasn't know to have an exceptional memory, that's for sure.
The three of them left the inn, but just outside they almost literally bumped into Mouse, and some girl that Sarah felt radiated slight plumpness while not being so at all.
It almost made Sarah blush. She was the cutest thing she had seen in a long while, even cuter than Mouse.
"Mouse!" Sarah exclaimed, feeling cheerful again after letting her drink sink into her, and from quarreling with Ekri. "Weren't you going to the boat? Were Mai there?"

(OOC - I found Sarah's weakness! 8D Well, her main weakness is her past, but I'm talking positiveish weakness. She likes cute people. And well, when I first read Wobbles' profile I really felt just like that, and it just feels right that Sarah might feel like hugging shorter and cuter things when drunk. Wobbles' is actually one of the cutest things I've seen lately, and it just feels right that Sarah should think so too, somehow.)
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2009, 05:34:22 pm »
Aretha shook her head no.

"Mai twern't there neither. We need ta sail out ta find her. She's got on some boat with som'un called Hennett," she said in a bit of a rush.
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2009, 06:38:16 pm »
"She did what!?" Sarah bellowed, and clenched her fists. "That bastard deamon! That's it! She can't be trusted anymore. She abandoned her crew and her captain for something like that. Why should we look for her? She chose to go. I say we're better off without her. And we have Kairi, right? She was on the ship?"

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2009, 06:59:21 pm »
 "I couldn't find her eether," Aretha said frustrated. "but we gotta find em quick cause ... there's bad people here abouts" she said looking around paranoid.

"An the Navy is here too," she added whispering.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2009, 08:04:17 pm »
OOC: Yep, I think your description hit the nail on the head Chag4 *lol*

*wobbles was dumbfounded as the two women struck up a conversation but the sudden mention of the navy snapped her out of it*

"NAVY! wheres?  We's gots ta sail! Quick! We needs enough ta sail out, tho if yours girls here is experienced Wes'll might 'andle 'er wit less."

*She struck out her arm to the two new faces* "Kate 'Wobbles' Pearson. How and who ye be?"

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2009, 05:40:19 pm »
"Navy?!" Sarah said, alarmed, and nodded franatically at what the other girl said.
"Wobbles?" Sarah said, again she almost blushed, but pulled herself together and grabbed the girl's hand in her's. "I'm Sarah McJay, and this is Ekri," she pointed to the girl beside her, and then pointed her thumb at the man behind them and said: "and Jones McGee."
"So let's go find some people! Oh, and also food and alcohol. That's important."

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2009, 11:34:50 pm »
*wobbles drooled at the mention of alcohol*

"Rums! we needs Rums!"  *Wobbles ran ahead, into the Tavern and into a man as he made to leave*

"Whoa there little lady! Careful, or you'll hurt yerself"

*Wobbles gathered her senses as the man held her steady for a moment, then spotted the insides of his hands as he let go of her*

"oooooh! Smooth hands, you must deal with ropes a lot.  Sailed the six seas all over I'll bet.  Wanna join our ship's crew?"

"Haha, now mam, I know me rope but I'm afraid th- GOWAH!!!!"

*The man doubled forward as Wobbles inserted her foot into his crotch then collapsed to the ground as she took advantage of his lowered head to deliver a punishing blow to it and knock him out*

"Yer hired!" *She said as she took his money pouch, wraped her chain around his legs and started to drag him towards the boat*

"Make sures youse gets tha good stuff darls" *she said to Sarah as she threw the man's money pouch to her without missing a stride*

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2009, 08:46:15 pm »
Aretha was slightly bewildered and confused by Wobbles blunt and swift motions that didn't seem to match anything she was saying. Aretha kept her wits about her though and caught the pouch before it reached Sarah.

She looked through it and frowned handing it to Sarah after all.
she shrugged.
"no marbles," she mumbled as she followed behind wobbles.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2009, 02:45:34 am »
As Mouse started to walk off, Sarah launched out her hand, and put it on the girl's head, preventing her from going further.
"Oi, Mouse, help me carry," she said while keeping her eyes on Wobbles and smiling. "I really like that girl. Don't worry, we'll be swift."
With that she dragged Mouse and Jones into the inn again, going straight for one of the barmaids.
"Hello, lovely lady. I'm in need of some supplies, and I was wondering if there might be some to spare around here. We'll need rum, lot's of it, and maybe some ale, and possibly a little bit wine, and if you have anything else...? Oh, and food, I almost forgot that."
They followed the maid into the cellar where Sarah picked out some stuff, and ordered Jones and Mouse to get as much of it as they could.
She dumped the moneypouch in the maids hands, and asked her to deal with the innkeeper. She nodded as if she was used to this, and gestured towards a back door they could use, and then she was off.

Somehow, Mouse, Jones and Sarah made it all the way back to the ship, where Wobbles was waiting for them, with a couple of barrels, many bottles, and some sacks of food.

(OOC - Sorry for being hurried, but I said it would be swift. Now it would be purrrfect if CDSM would introduce her character and we'd be off.)

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2009, 12:05:04 pm »
After a few hours watch Mason decided to pack up and relocate to another perch, nothing was happening out in the cove and it was not a very good spot to mount a long vigil, no fresh water supply and no animals to snare for food, besides his Rum supply was running out.

After making sure he had left no traces of his presence Mason Tabbed back to his Basha to get cleaned up and take stock of his remaining food,drink and ammunition supplies.  Finding out that some of his powder got slightly damp and his main Rum flask was low he decided to head back into town and do a resupply run........and maybe claim a few outstanding bounties while he was at it, he was sure that word must of got around the taverns that there was a bounty hunter on the prowl in the area by now.

Changing back into his faded old Royal Marine fatigues, and hiding his green Rifles uniform, Mason picked up his pack, rifle  and other personal weapons and headed back for the lights, noise and attractions of the port. For it held all sorts of things be it drink, women or for Mason bounties to be collected.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2009, 12:28:03 am »
(OCC: Double post but its to bring my character back into time with every one else before they scatter to the 4 winds so it will be easier for me to follow you and claim your heads.)

One-eye re-entered the town in his usual military gait whistling Over the Hills and Far Awa’ with his rifle slung over his left shoulder with a pistol and knife in his belt ready for any trouble.  Even at this late hour the taverns where busy, with drunken revellers and the wenches that hung around the ships plying their trade.  One or two of them mistaking Mason as a serving Royal Marine walked up to him, until they recognised his face then hurriedly backed off into the shadows.  Mason had a bit of a reputation of being a bit on the rough side when it came to gaining information about any bounties he was on the trail of.  But saying that when he did need their services he was a proper gentleman and treated them right.          
   But this night it was purely business matters and not pleasure that filled his thoughts.  He knew that a lot of warrants could be wrapped up here if he played it right since the Bloody Rose was tied up in the harbour and most of the crew where in town even though right now his main target was Hennet or better known to him and the Caribbean Fleet of the Royal Navy as Reaver. 
   The first place One Eye called into was an East India Trading Company post that was still open for the supplies he needed, new powder horns and ready wrapped cartridges for his Lee Enfield.   Sitting on the back shelve he noticed another rifle, one that he had only seen the Rifle Regiment use.  It was a Baker Rifle that had better range and shorter than his Lee Enfield which was built along the lines of the Tower of London pattern Musket, long, heavy and unwieldy.  Mason bought it along with a hundred cartridges for it and his Lee Enfield rifle plus his other necessities most importantly his Rum and for a change a bottle of Scotch Whisky.
   One Eye headed for the water front and as he walked along the dockside he decided to call back to the tavern where he had spoken to Jones earlier on in the day for if he was right many of the crew he was employed to “take care off” would be there or near by.  Unlike the contract on Hennet these ones where purely issued by the Admiral of the Caribbean Fleet for crimes of piracy on the high seas.   
   When he was near to the tavern he perched on a bollard One Eye took out his tobacco pouch and pipe and started to fill it thinking about the work ahead. Mason looked down the dock and saw the very people he was after and they looked very excitable, rushing about getting supplies as if to make ready to put to sea.  Very slowly so not to attract too much attention Mason looked around for any buildings that would give him a clear line of shot to the Bloody Rose and found the perfect one, tapping out his pipe on the sole of his boot Mason stood up and strolled round the back of the building and found a ladder leading up to the roof.  Dumping his pack and his Lee Enfield rifle and its ammunition One Eye hefted his new Baker rifle and climbed up the ladder and onto the roof and tiger crawled over to the parapet.  After loading the rifle and attaching his telescopic sight using the universal bracket making sure the hood was over the front lens to prevent any reflections One Eye slowly got up onto one knee and looked down at the deck of the Bloody Rose and some of the crew that had mustered there.  By the looks of it there were some new faces amongst them.

Knowing he will only get one chance at this One Eye squinted down the sights and took careful aim at the one known as Aretha.  Taking in a deep breath and only releasing half of it he pulled the trigger and the rifle fired perfectly.  Her life was saved at the last moment only by her moving an inch to her left meaning the spinning rifle ball hit the deck with a crash and splitting a deck plank behind her since Mason had aimed at her chest.   Astonished at this quickly with a curse One Eye dropped down into cover waiting for the tirade of musket fire that was sure to follow that dreadful miss and reloaded..................

(OCC: Sorry Smiles your character was the only one I could really remember while I was typing this out last night at work but at least you lived.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 01:10:06 pm by Oddball »

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2009, 01:16:48 pm »
Aretha leaned forward  to get an apple when she felt something breeze by her.  she looked up to where she'd been moments before only to see a bullet lodged in the side of the ship. she blinked as she turned three shades of white. she fell backwards and crawled away from the spot in a crab walk. she turned over quickly to crawl for cover as she shouted:

"Duck fer cover! we is under attack!"

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2009, 02:22:27 pm »
Quickly Mason reloaded, all the while hearing shouting from the deck of the Bloody Rose. He primmed the pan, pulled back the dog leg, rose up and took a quickly aimed shot at a deck hand who was too slow in seeking cover and shot him through the left shoulder and sent him crashing down onto the deck.  So far not one shot had been fired back at One Eye in anger but he knew this would not last, he was on his own and out numbered even undisaplined pirates could launch a good counter attack on such an exposed position you did not need to be the Grenadier Guards to do so.  One Eye ducked back down and rolled left to clear his line of sight from the smoke trail left from his two previous shots while looking for a quick escape route and only seeing the ladder he had came up on where he had left his field kit.

(OCC:The crew member shot is not a main character unless you want him to be)

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2009, 03:59:07 pm »
from where she was Aretha  had gotten a better handle on where the shots were coming from. she watched as a crew member she didn't know fell down in plain sight. she wondered how many of them there were. she peeked out for a moment ad hid again. it wasn't a very big place to be shooting from. couldn't be more than say five?

"shoot at me will ya?" she muttered and fished for the right marble in her marble bag. she pulled out one of her black marbles she'd found at a strange place to sell marbles. she'd only been able to slip about six of them in her pocket before she'd had to leave that place. she lined up her sling shot in the direction she noticed some gun smoke drifting upwards.
and she fired as soon as she saw movement. before ducking down again. she hoped she made her mark. she'd never missed yet but it wasn't time to get full of herself.

she raised a potato above her head to see what might happen.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2009, 04:16:35 pm »
Once re-loaded in his new position Mason felt some thing twang against the stock of his rifle, Imbedded into it was a black marble not having the time to dig it out he left it there and then saw some thing strange, taking a better look at it through his 'scope it turned out to be a potato.  "Insult me by using such a trick eh? Ill teach you how to use tactics!"  Mason shouted towards the Black Rose.  He put his hand into his back ammo pouch and brought out a glass ball incendiary grenade, lit the fuse using his tinder box and using the sling of his rifle as a make shift catapult fired it towards the ship then quickly reversing the rifle and took a bead on the potato and shooting it in half and took cover again.  His time was quickly running out he did not was this to turn into a pitched battle this was only meant to be a hit and run action, three shots from one location was going against the sniper's code. Mason had to get away and fast.  The grenade fell onto the deck of the ship but did not shatter as it was supposed to do but the fuse was still lit and could explode sending shards of glass and flamable liquid over a small but deadly area.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 05:11:43 am by Oddball »

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2009, 11:45:28 am »
"Holy...!" Sarah cursed, surprised as a bullet hit the wooden planks of the ship. She dropped flat onto the deck, dragging Jones with her by the neck, and heard Ekri doing the same right behind her. She rolled over and took cover behind the barrels of rum and alike that they had brought.
Someone got shot somewhere behind her, and Mouse launched a counter attack.
Sarah froze as she heard something like glass hit the deck somewhere behind her. She turned, a glass grenade. It should have shattered, they had been extremely lucky, but the fuse was still lit.
She threw herself out over the deck towards it, landing flat out she closed her hand around the fuse, squeezing, ignoring the pain of burning in her hands and suffocating the flame.
She was now in the wide open space of the deck, with no cover.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2009, 01:15:42 pm »
After throwing the grenade and shooting the potato Mason rolled to his left once more and stopped.  He had come to the wall of the two buildings and could go no further after this shot he must leave this exposed postion. With his back against the facade of the building this time instead of using the ram rod he quickly tap loaded the rifle and looked over his left shoulder down at the ship and saw a perfect target.  Instantly he recognised Sarah, for she had a high bounty put on her head by the Admirality, and she was out in the open snuffing out the grenade. Mason took carefull aim through his scope at her head and fired and saw the bullet strike her high on the left arm. "Dam it!" he cursed, he must of knocked the scope off true after that last roll. At least he had hit her and can claim one crew member down but now he must leave.  Risking being fired at by something more heavier than a catapult he shouldered his firearm and crouch/ran for the ladder and relative safety.  The powder smoke from his previous shots would give him some cover from down below but he must move fast, he felt some musket balls passing near him but non found thier mark.  Once he reached the top of the ladder he slid down it grabbed his field kit and ran off down the alleys into the darkness leaving shouts of confusion and muskets firing into the night.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2009, 08:48:27 pm »
OOC: Let me know if you don't like this but I thought about it straight away and it just seemed funny enough and crazy enough to do.

*As Mason ran past an alley way a heavy chain swung from the darkness and slammed into his face, wrapping around and putting an extra hit into the back of his head, just to add insult to injury.  As the man slumped unconcious to the ground, wobbles sauntered out of the darkness and looked down with a quirky smile*

"Yer hired!" *she said with glee and went about wrapping her chain around his legs and dragging him off to the Bloody Rose, using his body as a sled to carry his items*

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2009, 01:30:43 am »
As Mason ran down an unknown alley not far from his ambush site he was trying to get his field pack and rifles comfortable on his back when a black shape came out of the shadows and hit him.  Suddenly the whole world seemed to go bright white and  his face went numb, he could taste blood running down into his mouth mixing with the Saltpetre from biting open the paper rifle cartridges.   Then just as suddenly the world went black and he passed out as another wave of intense pain came from the back of his head, crumpling onto his knees he went down face first into a puddle breaking his nose.   
   Moments later he could feel himself groaning with pain and being dragged along by his ankles also there felt to be a heavy weight pressing down onto his chest making breathing even more difficult due to his broken nose.  Dazed and confused by being hit twice on the head and also falling face down into the mud he was not sure who his attacker was or what they wanted.  Over the years as a bounty hunter and as a Royal Marine he had made more than a few enemies. 

As they neared the docks Mason’s wits had not completely returned but he could taste the salt in the air mix with the gunpowder smoke from his earlier rifle shots and knew they must be heading for the Bloody Rose.  This spelt trouble for him since he knew the crew would extract some sort of revenge for his attack causing the severe wounding of Sarah, the deck hand, the near miss on Mouse and nearly blowing the vessel up with a glass grenade, the potato would just have to fend for it self.  If One Eye could get away it must be now but how?  Raising his head slightly he saw the heavy weight was his field pack and rifles with some one unknown to him dragging him by his shackled feet.  He tried to moan louder and groaned out:
 “Rum, gies some Rum would ye laddie? There’s an unopened bottle in my pack”.

(OCC:*say this in the style of a typical TV show Narrator* Will our brave and intrepid bounty hunter get away from his unknown attacker? Will he get strung up by the crew of the Bloody Rose? Will they take him on as a crew member? And will Plaid trousers ever make a fashion come back? Find out in the next instalment of A GREAT TREASURE AWAITS on the same GREAT channel, at the same GREAT time.)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2009, 02:29:19 am »
OOC: Don't worry, the Crew of the Bloody rose never caught sight of him, so they have no idea what he looks like.  He'll just be another unwilling recruit among many that Wobbles has brought back.  The difficulty your man will face is that he'll wake up when they're out at sea, so he won't be able to take them out with any hope of getting the ship back on his own.  He'll have to work with them until they get back to port, but I guess he can look upon it as an opportunity to sabotage their weaponry and capture them all when they do return.

*Wobbles stopped and checked her flask as the man groaned something about rum*

"Nah, mine's empty, but they's got morse at tha ships"

*With that she threw the emply flask over her head and it came down with a smash into poor One Eye's face sending him back into oblivion.  Eventually she made it back to the ship.*

"Heys! e's da last one, so luts sets sails!"

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2009, 05:52:40 pm »
After a while Mai could hear something from above deck again, then as the cabin door opened a beaten Nihil came flying down, on his back. Sliding a bit, coming to rest at Mai's and Kish's feet looking up at the two of them with a cheesy smile. "Okay, Mai, come on, time to go. Hennet wants you back on the Bloody Rose, and Kish, he wants a word with you."

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2009, 12:27:31 am »
Mai glared down at Nihil for a moment before standing.

"Come." She ordered Kish without looking at her. "Leave those." she added guessing Kish would be reaching for her gloves and boots.

Once out on deck Mai pointed to a spot behind her out of the way somewhere without looking around, "Wait there." and stomped across the deck to Hennet.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2009, 02:42:53 am »
Kish didn't even come up out of the stairs when she followed Mai. She kept low and watched as Mai started across the deck, she didn't like the way Hennet was, she had seen him when he was really mad and she was still scared of ever seeing it again.

Hennet was leaning on the rail, one of his clawed hand digging into the wood. Looking out over the water to the shore he was quietly cursing. Nihil had explained the rest their contact to him and he was quite the bit pissed off about it.

Glancing over to Mai she caught the sight of his eyes, bright yellow cat slits. Standing up straight he told Mai flatly, "Come on Mai."

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2009, 03:10:55 am »
"Will she be coming with us?" Mai asked meeting Hennets eyes.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2009, 03:56:08 am »
Hennet sighed, and looked over where Kish was hiding, then back at Mai. "Mai, I'm not going with you. I work for the thieves guild now."

Hennet started across the deck and past Mai, "You need to go back without me, now come on, we don't have a lot of time."

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2009, 04:14:37 am »
"Then I am not going." Mai said not moving from where she stood. "I am not going to let you go up against your brother or anyone else without someone to watch your back." She took a deep breath, it felt like she was almost admitting a weakness as she spoke the next few words. "And I do not want to go anywhere without you to watch mine."

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2009, 04:42:45 am »
Turning to face Mai, Hennet shook his head, "You can't stay, the brotherhood is already looking for you, along with my brother. You have to go back and act like nothing happened. Its the only way to keep them from killing the both of us."

Coming up to her, Hennet wrapped his arms around her. "I know you don't want to go, I know I want you to stay, but even now, the guild has me like the brotherhood has you." Looking down at her his eyes back to their soft green he pulled Mai up and kissed her.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2009, 04:57:38 am »
Mai kissed Hennet back then let out a small sigh as she dropped to her heals. "Very well," she said reluctantly.

Pulling free from Hennet she crossed the deck to where Kish was hiding. Grabbing the girl by the arm she dragged her out and pushed her back up against he ships mast. Drawing a dagger Mai held it, point first, a short distance from Kish's right eye.

"Keep him safe. If you return him to me with so much as a scratch you will regret it Little Kish."

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2009, 05:19:35 am »
Kish had frozen when Mai slammed her up against the mast, the girl didn't answer but gave a few quick and frightened nods. After being released she just fell to the deck and sat there looking up at Mai.

Hennet smirked a little as he watched Mai, then taking her hand after she released Kish lead her to the single small shore boat that hung off the side of the longbow. Lowering them down the two of them were soon standing on the shore of Canton together. Hennet held her hand that had the golden band on it with his. "This isn't goodbye Mai, I'll find you again." Hennet leaned in and kissed Mai once more before he started to pull away.