Author Topic: A Great Treasure Awaits  (Read 20466 times)

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
A Great Treasure Awaits
« on: March 19, 2009, 11:37:23 am »
By our dearly beloved Evil Kitten

Ah yes, another pirate rp created by yours truly. I really liked the "Great Divide" one in the old forums, but it died. So I'm making a new one with a not so set in stone plot line. HAVE FUN!!

Pirate-a person who robs or commits illegal violence at sea or on the shores of the sea. A person whom the taverns love, and the authorities hate.

There was once a man by the name of Captain Dante Mathius, of the ship the "Black Monarch". He was a fearsome pirate, king, if you will. Everyone obeyed his command, no one fought against him and lived.

But one horrible day, he was abushed by the Navy. He fought bravely, but it was no use. They overwhelmed him and hung him in the gallows.

His journal was soon found by his first mate, Larrent. And was discovered that there was a great treasure hidden away beyond the reach of the sea itself.

Ever pirate took this to be a cruel sick joke and dismissed it as such.
But a few pirates wanted to see if it were true and if there was a way to get to this magnificent treasure.

so do you accept this challenge? Or will you sit idly by as this oppurtunity passes?

Rules:

No godmoding
No god characters
No one hit wonders

LITERACY is a MUST (that includes capitalization, punctuation, and quoatations)

Rules are subject to change cause I say so

I am god in the rp...so what I say goes!!

keep all occ in a separate forms i.e. {} [] -- or the like

Have fun
Romance allowed.

Profile skeletons:

Name:
Appearance: -I want good descriptions or links to pics-
Ship:
Personality:
Short Bio:
Favorite Weapon to use:
Other:

-------------------------------------

Notice:
This RP has already started, and will be continued here. A summary of what has happened previously will hopefully be put up soon.
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: A Great Treasure Awaits
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:32:55 am »
Here is the whole of the Rp as it is so far

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 12:34:39 am »
Here is the second part

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 12:34:57 am »
And the thrid

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 07:25:41 am »
((OOC: Right oft we go then... no point standing around...))

Mai ran her finger along one of Hennets old scars with a small smile. She lay close up against him with her head resting on his shoulder.

"Next time you want to do that, you're going to have to work harder for it," she grinned.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 10:19:56 am »
Hennet smiled back at Mai, "It wouldn't be any fun if it were easy, now would it?" He held Mai close knowing she would be leaving soon enough, Hennet wanted to make the most of the time they had left together. "Mai? Would you do something for me?" Without letting her go he pulled something out from the small table side the bed. Holding up a simple golden ring in front of Mai, Hennet asked, "Would you wear this ring for me?"

Nihil still waiting out on deck, just minding the ship while Hennet had his fun. Nihil made sure the ship stayed close enough to shore but still unmoored in case they had to leave in a hurry. He was still grinning to himself about the message, for it was what had come with it that he was all up about. Looking over his shoulder he couldn't help but chuckle to himself. He got a stern reply, in the form of a strong, woman's voice, "And what do you find so funny?"

Nihil only shook his head, still chuckling "Just the great irony, thats all."

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 02:59:12 pm »
Mai looked up at Hennet then the ring. She nodded once as she held her hand up.

"Yes," was all she said.

Lucid Nightmare

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 09:41:39 pm »
“I’m sorry my good man, but I didn’t catch your name, however, Mai has shown herself more than capable of handling her own problems. In fact, were I to interfere, I have no doubt that my ability to stand tall as a man would be drastically reduced, if you catch my drift.”

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 12:14:14 am »
Aretha makes her way towards the doorway. Maybe she could catch the boat before it sailed away. maybe she could find another one with more sanity on it to hide on. anything was better than just sitting here waiting for something to happen. she was angry that Sarah didn't seem to care what happened next. she ended up running right into Jones.

"'m sorry" she mumbled

she would have pushed past but instead she stopped. Her hair rose up on end when she realized the guy from the doorway seemed to be looking right at her. She felt naked beneath his gaze. she blinked and her senses returned.

"you alright Jones?" she asked trying to avoid looking at the man.
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 08:26:21 am »
Hennet carefully slipped the golden band onto Mai's finger. Then in a smooth motion produced a second golden ring, and placed it into Mai's hand saying, "And I will wear this ring for you."

Sounding impatient this time the woman's voice ordered Nihil, "Would you get him already?" Nihil laughed as he started to the cabin, "Sure, why not, hes going to get a kick out of seeing you." Walking down into the ship Nihil was soon knocking on the bedroom door. "Hennet, the message came."

Hennet was smiling after Mai had slipped the second ring onto his hand, but sighed when Nihil had started knocking. *Always at the worst time* He thought to himself, looking at Mai he told her, "I'll be right back."

Lordrin smirked when Jones told him about what Mai would do, and nodded, "Well I very much doubt that she even knows how much 'trouble' shes in, and my name is Lordrin, pleasure to meet you." It was then that Aretha walked right into Jones. Lordrin chuckled a little, and smiled up at the girl. "Have a little too much to drink have we?"

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 09:19:15 am »
Mai had a feeling there was some significance to what had just happened, but wasn't sure what. Maybe she was imagining it, Hennet would of said something. She was just settling against Hennet again when the knock came.

As Hennet attempted to rise Mai pushed down on his shoulder. "Wait," she hissed.

Rolling off the bed she padded over to where he clothes lay, shifting them apart with her foot, she reached down and picked up two knives. She glanced up at Hennet before moving to stand to one side of the door, tensed and ready to strike with her knives. Finally she nodded at Hennet.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 09:30:09 am »
 " 'aven't had nothin ta drink all day, sir." Aretha answered a bit defensively.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 09:58:18 am »
Hennet was a bit confused at what Mai was doing but understood, she didn't know about Nihil. Getting up he quickly threw on his pants and went to the door. "Its alright Mai, Nihil isn't a threat now." he knew by the way she was looking at him she wasn't entirely convinced.

Slowly opening the door Hennet sighed and shook his head when he saw Nihil. Taking the message Hennet read it for a second then looked up at Nihil seeming confused, "Ok if this is good news, then why are you grinning?" Nihil still trying to stifle his laughter said, "Its what came with it, or should I say who."

Hennet looked at Nihil for a bit then pinched the bridge of his nose, "Really? They sent...great..." looking over a Mai he told her, "Mai you're going to want to get dressed." Picking up his own shirt he tossed it over his head and on. "Meet me out on deck, and when you do, no matter what you see, don't do anything."

With that he followed Nihil out, quickly closing the door behind him.

Lordrin chuckled at Aretha "Aye, my apologies then young lass." Aretha could feel it, his gaze was chilling, it was like she wasn't a person to him, more like an item, an object to be leered at nothing more.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 10:14:52 am »
now that he spoke to her Aretha felt even more uncomfortable. Her skin crawled with the tenseness she felt. she had to get away. unconsciously she  took a step backwards.

"I'll see you back on the boat." she said to Jones.

"g'day sir" she said to the man before she turned to leave. Anything to stop looking at the man that made her feel like this.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 09:09:38 pm by Smiles »

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 11:16:09 am »
Mai glared at Hennet for a moment before returning to her clothes and getting dressed. Pulling her top and trousers on she felt a little disappointed that there was things to deal with, somehow laying with Hennet had bought a sort of peace. She fingered the ring for a moment, there was something significant about, wasnt there?

Men did like to give women pretty things, Lau had told her that, the first time he had bought her a gift. But that gift was far more pretty than this ring she supposed, at least she hadn't seen any high born woman wear a ring as plain as this. Maybe that was it, maybe Hennet couldnt afford something that pretty. Not that it mattered, she wouldn't trade the ring she now wore for anything. She fingered it again. Her instincts had told her this was something significant, they had never let her down before. But this was all new to her, she had used Lau and the others she had taken to bed, except Hennet.

Slipping her knives into her belt she strode across the cabin. Taking a deep breath she stepped out on to deck, walking over to Hennet she squeezed his arm for a moment, smiled up at him and then took a seat on a nearby barrel. at ease with little interest with what was happening and a little bored, she idly fiddled with her knives. Nothing could be further from the truth as she floated in her mental bubble.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 03:12:50 am »
One Eye crouched up on a roof on top of one of the many ship Wright’s offices offering cheap ship repairs no questions asked on the other side of the pier, watched Aretha staggering outside a tavern through the telescope attached to his Lee Enfield.  He knew his target’s name and appearance from a wanted leaflet he had been given from his latest employer; then again his satchel was full of known details about the crew of the Bloody Rose.
   One Eye took a bead on Aretha and pulled on the trigger after judging the distance also the speed and direction of the wind, only thing that happened was the click of the flint lock on the pan, the rifle was unloaded, there was no shot loaded, flint in the lock or powder in the pan, this was a dry run it would have been too easy to have shot the lass in the back while drunk and just coming out of a tavern.  Instead he stowed his gear away, placed the ‘scope back in its box and into the bag, stood up, slung the satchel over his right shoulder and the rifle over his left and walked away from his perch leaving no trace of him ever being there.
   One Eye had been up there for hours waiting for any of his targets to appear so felt thirsty and hungry.  He made his way to the tavern that Aretha had just left not only to get some grub and rum but also some information.
   Managing to slip past Jones while his back was still turned he entered the tavern.

“God bless all here and the good work.” 

One Eye said in his usual way of greeting taking off his cover as he closed the door, at once the tavern went silent and at least a dozen sets of eyes where looking at him, calmly he walked up to the bar slid the rifle off his shoulder and stacked it up right against the bar, his satchel stayed where it was.  One Eye placed three gold coins on top of the counter,

“Will this get me some thing to eat and drink in this heathen place?”

“It surely will Gunny.” Replied the bar tender.  He had used an old name from when One Eye was in the Royal Marines.  Every one knew about his past before turning bounty hunter.

“Good I’ll be over there in the corner facing the door.”

One Eye picked up his bundook and went to the chosen spot.  When he got there he sat down and took out his clay pipe stuffed it with tobacco and lit it taking a long draw on it and began humming a tune called Macpherson’s rant, while he waited for his food and drink also wondering if there was going to be any thing interesting about to happen…well in a place like this there usually is.

(OOC Military terms: bundook = rifle, cover = cap/head wear.  Also he is assuming Aretha is drunk since she has just come out of a tavern staggering)   
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:42:46 am by Oddball »
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Lucid Nightmare

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 06:12:53 am »
“Ah, there you are my girl.” Jones remarked as he noticed Aretha, “I’ve been looking all over for you. Listen, I need you to do me a favour. Head back to the ship and go to the workshop. On top of one of the benches, there should be a collection of pipes and tubes all bundled up. Be a sport and bring them to me, post-haste” He added as he shoved her towards the door.

“Now, as you were saying Lodrin?”

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 04:18:58 pm »
When Mai came out onto the deck of the Longbow there was a woman standing there speaking to Hennet with a light and alluring tone. She was about the same height as Mai, but seemed much more like concubine than anything. Done up in a tight leather outfit, short, well kept copper red hair, unnaturally bright blue eyes, and next to perfect skin. Mai saw when she squeezed Hennet's arm that he was clearly annoyed with whoever this woman was. Nihil however was nearby chuckling to himself like an idiot.

As soon as the woman caught sight of what Mai did when she came out she grinned. "I didn't know you already had company, she sure is a cute one, mmmmm"

Hennet shook his head at the woman, "Kish don't start"

Kish looked up at Hennet with a smile, and started to press up against him "O you know you're the only man for me sweetheart"

Hennet sighed at her, "I was never your 'sweetheart' Kish."

Lordrin smirked as Aretha left, "Yes, well then, back to the matter of Mai. A good friend of mine would like to see her safe return. I need your help in either killing this demon that calls itself Hennet or, convincing Mai that hes only fooling her. What do you say, would you be willing to help?"

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 12:17:57 am »
((ooc: Really not drunk only 14 and all.))

Aretha tripped on her way out of the bar in her hurry to get away. She had one thing on her mind: Find Mai.

She practically ran back to the ship. She began searching each room she could find. seemingly they were  all empty. she pushed open one more door...

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 12:44:54 am »
Mai glanced up at Hennet and this Kish woman, gave them an amused smile and went back to fiddling with her knives. She wasn't sure if the woman was trying to provoke her or not, but if she was the way she was going about it would leave her sorely disappointed.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 11:35:42 am »
Kish giggled when Mai looked up at her and Hennet. "So are you going to introduce me or not?" she asked with a cute little tone.

Hennet looked at her and then over to Mai, "Kish this is Mai, Mai this Kish..." without hesitating Kish added in, "His ex-wife." Hennet just looked down at Kish "Very ex...now can we get on with why you're here so you can leave." Kish fake pouted, "Aww you don't have to be so mean about it."

Hennet crossed his arms and just looked at her.

"Fine..." Kish cleared her throat as if for an announcement, "Hennet, your request to the Silent Footfalls has been accepted."

Hennet nodded, "Good, now who's going to be my...partner...its you isn't it." Kish grinned and nodded a few times, "Yup." Hennet looked less than enthusiastic, "Couldn't they of sent Marrik, or Rhyder instead? or even little Nini?" Kish shook her head, still giggling, "Not when my father is the guild master, besides Marrik's got his own partner, Rhyder is on assignment in the Navy, and Nini is working that assassin assignment."

Hennet smirked, "One problem, how are you going to keep up?" Grabbing Kish by the wrist Hennet spun to throw her but, just as fast as he was she had twisted and tripped him. Forcing him onto his back with her straddling his hips. "Nice try, but your not the only one who changed." Kish was right, for now she was sporting a pair of dark orange furred fox ears and a long bushy tail that was wagging swiftly behind her.

"Essahe coiadil." was all she said looking down at him.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 12:32:20 am »
One Eye decided not to ask the bar tender or any of the other punters in the tavern for information but instead broke off the tune he was humming and in his best parade square command voice he called out,
“Master Cannoneer Jones’ frunt and centah!  Pull up a pew and grab a brew I would like to have a few words with you.”

Lucid Nightmare

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 09:14:42 am »
Jones paused and leant forward on his cane. Idly thumbing the top of it, he considered the situation.
“Well, it certainly is an interesting proposition. Now, I’m sure that you are aware that if I were to offer my services, I would require some form of compensation? However, before we discuss those matters, I have this small question that has been nagging me for some time.” Jones lowered his brow, and affixed Lordrin with a sombre stare.
“What is in it for you?”

Before Lordrin could answer though, Jones cocked his head towards where he heard his name called from.
“I’ll give you a moment to think on that one.” He said, before wandering off to the individual that called his name.

Taking a seat next to the figure in red, Jones brushed an invisible piece of lint from the breast of his immaculately creased jacket, straightened his top hat, then rested both hands atop his cane.
“Master Cannoneer? No, good sir, you have me mistaken for someone else.” Leaning closer, he continued with a manic grin and a glint in his eye.
“I am merely Jones Esquire. Might I enquire why you deem my proximity so dire? Keeping in mind of course that you would be wise not to raise my ire, else you might ruin your attire should your plans backfire.”

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 12:33:01 am »
Smiling at the privateer sitting next to him One Eye sneered:
“How are ye Mister Jones? Still grinding yer powder too fine?   Enough o’ the small talk let me get straight tae business. Ye know what ah wus and what ah do now don’t ye?   Well a few people have called in the markers on the crew o’ the Bloody Rose and hae made a list and ye me laddo are on it.  Ah’ve been called in since most of the other bounty hunters hae either died trying, too auld or are too afraid to take the job on, and the Royal Navy are not up to the job any more o’ hunting you privateer’s since the East India Company are bringing in their own hired hands.   Almost hud ye a while back but lost track of ye when that warehouse full of fruit blew up in ma face.  Most of the dock area burnt down after that stunt of yers.  So that’s a warning to ye and yer friends, Black powder from an auld Boot neck.   The real reason ah want to talk to ye is about this bloke.” 
   One Eye opened his satchel and placed an old leaflet down in front of Jones.  It read:

Reaver
Wanted dead
For the wanton murder of 326 navy personal, countless thefts, and the death of the daughter of the Lord of Airon
Dangerous to approach, or even be near. Do not try to reason with him.
Kill on sight
Note: He has blood red eyes
Reward: Name your price.

“Ah managed to find oot he goes under the name o’ Hennet and as ye cun see he is wanted for murder of his fiancé an’ there are more crimes as well as being wanted by the Royal Navy.   This bounty was taken out on him awhile ago now, at least five or six years, and only in the last month ah wus given the job since the last bounty hunter vanished.  So Master Powder Smith any information ye know will be most helpful and might just prolong yer miserable pirating life a little bit longer instead o’ ending on the wrong end o’ a hangman’s noose or from being “shot while trying to escape” by Mister Lee Enfield here”. 

(OCC: One Eye does not know about Hennet's transformation)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:07:22 am by Oddball »

Lucid Nightmare

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 10:26:20 pm »
“Ah, how interesting” Jones replied after seeing the wanted slip, “Seems everyone is interested in this fellow nowadays. But first, tell me, what of the reward you will attempt to claim?”
Jones leaned back and raised an eyebrow, “My services don’t come cheap you know.”

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 12:38:37 am »
"He's not much of a fighter." Mai said apologetically, but with an amused grin as she jumped to her feet, "But do not worry, I will train him and then he will be able to use you to clean the deck."

Walking over to stand by Kish, she looked down at Hennet with a grin.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 07:29:38 am »
“Now Mister Jones Esquire I am not at liberty to discuss that for I all ready have made a private deal wi’ a’ parties involved.  All I can tell ye is one of the conditions is that I present his heid........”

One Eye broke off when the bar tender brought over the ordered food and drink.  Mason did not start talking until the bar tender was back behind the counter.

“Where was I?  Aye one of the conditions is that I must present Hennet’s heid to Admiral Cunningham and tae Laird Airon at Government house on Trinidad.  But if ye give me reliable information I will give ye thirty thousand Gold Dabloons, plus I personally will add on anither fifteen thousand frae ma satchel hulf now the rest on completion of the job.  Ye see that other bounty hunter was ma auld spotter from number three detachment when we where based at St Kitts.  A very good Corporal so he wus, once we got disbanded we went into the business together so this is not just business it has turned personal.”

With that One Eye took a bite out of the hunk of cheese and a long pull on his flagon of rum.

“So Master Gun Smith…sorry Mister Jones is that enough tae wet yer appitite?  Or will ye turn it doon?  Just remember I’m only offering this once along wi’ a temporary truce for ye and any one else ye name aboard that vessel o’ the dammed for a short period o’ time.  Once it runs oot next time I see any o’ them will be through my ‘scope and I will pull the trigger.  But if ye say nay as soon as ye leave port yer heid is mine.”

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 09:42:37 pm »
Hennet looked up at Mai and shook his head, "I can already beat her, she just caught me off guard thats all..." Kish was still giggling, "O really now? and who are you to train him?" Leaning back Kish popped up off of Hennet and started to look Mai over.

Hennet got up right after Kish removed herself, letting out a small sigh he crossed his arms and looked at Kish. "So when did you get her? less then two years Im guessing...and the same deal I got right?" Kish only gave a few nods when Hennet asked, still focusing on Mai a bit too much.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 11:00:46 pm »
Aretha finds the ship completely empty.

*how? ...how unperfessional. someun has got to be aboard. anyone. and maybe just maybe they'd know somethin' of where Mai's got off to." she muttered to herself looking about the ship some more.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2009, 12:22:11 am »
Mai returned the look, then turned to look at Hennet as thought completely dismissing Kish.

She smiled at Hennet, "Mouse could beat you." she told him with an amused smile. "If you're going to attack someone you should always be on your guard for them to strike back."

She pulled Hennets head down for a kiss. "So what are we going to do with her?" she asked when she let him up again, "If she is supposed to be your partner then we ought to find somewhere for her to stay. Kairi always had some nice cages below deck to keep animals in, one of those would suit her nicely I think. I dont suppose you have any aboard?"