Author Topic: Role-Playing Chat:  (Read 20326 times)

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
Role-Playing Chat:
« on: March 19, 2009, 07:11:01 am »
Yes indeed. The RP World forum Finally has it's own chat thread. Now, before I move on, anything that deals with the plot line of a thread will still (and should) be in the thread's talk thread. This is for something else entirely.

I'm sure if you like rps but don't like actually being in them, this thread is for you. This thread was created for the purpose of talk about the threads, but not of the storyline.

Example:

person001- Hey, what's going on with your rp?
person002- I ran out of ideas.
Person003- Hey why don't you.......

Get it? Good.

This is why the thread has been created. Same rules as the original chat thread, but it has to be remotely related to one of the rps.

have fun, talk, and enjoy.
forum section names have been changed to protect the innocent. ;D :-*

i don't know why this hasn't been brought over already. ::) and I don't know why the rules and important guideline stuff were brought over by me instead of a mod :P. but they are important so yeah. ;) lolz ;D

Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
Re: Role-Playing Chat:
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:17:24 am »
OOC - Talk forum perhaps?

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 07:29:29 am »
yeah that would be nice to have here too. a mini section for the "Talk" threads ^_^

oh wait lol there is!^_^
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:34:29 am by Smiles »

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 07:42:30 am »
still early in the morning is it?

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 11:32:09 am »
I'm not sure anybody has been given mod power yet. I don't know how you see if someone's a mod, last forum their name was bold, but have'nt seen anything modlike yet.  :'(
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

D Archangel

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 07:04:54 pm »
Don't worry about the whole mod thing, Brion is solving it.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 02:48:59 am »
i believe the "mod thing" has 6 green stars under the name. :-\ i could be wrong but that was my impression. anyways i might not be able to to get online alot this week; spring break has the comp lab closed.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 02:56:02 am »
Aye if they are the Mod of that thread they have green stars under the name, but are a mere mortal with yellow stars every where else.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 09:04:52 pm »
i know we haven't done this before but we have the ooc talk threads and all so can we maybe do cast list threads per Rp as well? that way there's an easier way to keep track of who is who without it filling up the story line or the background ideas.

I think a cast list thread was mentioned before but it never went through. I think it might've been because it was supposed to be for all ongoing Rp's and that got too confusing.

what do you lot think of this idea?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 10:15:03 pm »
I responded to this in the "Talk to the Mods" area but I'll do the same here.

Yeah, I think it's a great idea.  Just as we have a TALK:<rpg name> thread for each game in the OOC area, create a CAST:<rpg name> in the OOC area to match.

ONLY a post with a character profile should be present in it.  DO NOT post dicussion about the profiles and characters in the CAST:<rpg name> 'cos otherwise we'll just have masses of discussion to rifle through, like we do now.

ANYONE IN DISAGREEMENT?!

note: the GM/DM is the one who decides if they want a CAST:<rpg name> page and creates it.

P.S. @Smiles: do you have any issue with me editing the rule and guideline posts you coppied over from the old thread?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:16:35 pm by charles »
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 01:21:46 am »
no issues at all fix anything you want you're the mod.;)

yay cast threads.^_^

so what new RP should I join? any suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:27:51 am by Smiles »

Obsidian_Dragon

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 07:57:20 pm »
Hai Guys! Long time no see ^_^

Ok I got me an idea for an RP I want to make for here.
Anyone ever Read 'Junk: Record of the last hero'?

http://www.manganews.net/forums/showthread.php?p=21455

^ A Link to a summery in case you havent.

Basicaly it's about a Sociopathic young loser guy who, through an internet contest, Wins 'Junk'. Now Junk is a watch that Takes a blood sample from you before turning into a Fully enclosed suite of armor thats a cross between Power rangers and Evangelion. A Suite of Armor that Juices up your Strength, speed and Ability to shrug off damage Like a Spartan Super Soldier.

Now there lies the Dilema. Like the Manga's Catchphrase states:

“If you could choose, what would you decide to become?

A God…

Or… a Devil?”

That is the root Theme I was hoping to nail in the RP. What WOULD you DO if you had a Supersuite? Would you use it for your own advantage and gain, or to help others? Or would you use it to get revenge on those who wronged you? Mabey you just want to make the world a better place? Or mabey you just want to have some fun with it and leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Whatever your Intent or Motive, just remember that every action has consiquences.......And it's always the ones you don't see comming which are the more Tragic

Well? Anybody up for something like that?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 11:44:22 pm »
Sounds good mate.

Thats really the big difference between a superhero and a supervillian.  Both have super awsome powers but one is selfish or misguided while the other has positive intent or compassion for people (particularly those weaker).

Obsidian_Dragon

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 08:22:30 pm »
True, but don't forget that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

My only issue at the moment though is Do I want to either A) Drop everyone in the same city or B) Have it so that you can start anywhere in the world you want.

Option A makes it easier for everyone to RP with each other, but my only fear is having the RP turn into power rangers.......

Option B might seem like an odd choice, but it gives people the chance to play around abit with NPC's on thier lonesome before seeking out the others if they so choose.

I dunno. Thoughts guys?

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 02:20:11 pm »
For Obsidian's Idea. I would love to!
I don't think I'd turn into a power ranger, I might be slightly like a villian, but I'm not sure. I'd like a character who just does whatever she wants, but probably has a strong concience, and most likely is cowardly. So she'll probably just play around until lshe is dragged into something where she has to use her powers to either defend herself or others.
Anyways, I'll do it.
Also, I think option A is good, but then again, if you chose B those who don't want to "play around with NPC's on their lonesome" could just place themselves in a city where someone else is already, like we have this one place where we are all supposed to meet, and people start however far away they want but find a reason to go there.
It seems really fun, and I have a lot of free time on my hands. =)

Also:
I'm not sure anyone will read this, personally I don't check this thread much, but I read the "Half Breeds" RP, and I really liked it.
I think it's an awesome idea, but I don't play WOW, and I know nothing about it, so I was thinking of modifying it, and starting it up again, because it's rather obvious that it's quite dead now.
To make it peaoplewhodon'tplaywowandhavealife-friendly, I'd have to remove a lot. I got confused about the entire Horde thing, but I thought, half breeds who are outcasts of the comunity and probably has to run away and stuff, that would be very interresting.
I'm afraid it'll be a little to empty, because my idea was, remove the entire horde thing, so the characters would all be half breeds (except for the NPC's) and make it so that there was some sort of group that purged half breeds and they would have to run away, and hide themselves and try to survive. Naturally they would come together, because they are to weak and easy targets alone.
So how about it? I'd like to do the honors, because I have a lot of ideas, but I'd like some from you guys too, because you guys are awesome. So, any ideas, feel free to voice them.

Also, I was thinking, when we get into it again, because right now we are 90% less effective then we were in our prime time, that we could restart "A Fairytale-tale" and maybe "In the Shadows", which I thought were plenty promising. Maybe "Hidden in the Mountains/A School for the Strange" too, if we can EVER get back to our lovely activity level.
I'd like to encourage you to be more enthusiastic, and maybe for new RP'ers to join, and some of the old come back, but I don't know how, other than to try and answer every post whenever I get the chance.
Please tell me some of you feel the same?

Thankyouforyourtimeforlisteningtomystupidemooutbreak.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:28:36 pm by Chag4 »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 02:48:52 pm »
@Chag4: Thats the exact reason I didn't join halfbreeds myself, 'cos I don't know WOW *lol*.

P.S. You should also see in the "Templates" thread that I made a copy of pretty much all the original games, so they're there to copy and start up again.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 03:16:17 pm »
I DID notice. ^^
Awesome job Charles, you are the born mod.

But I'm hesistant, I don't feel like it's enough. Basically I'm shorting down the entire plot to half breeds running away constantly, and grouping not doing much but running from the 'purgers'. So I do need some more... They can't try and destroy the purgers, since they're a part of the government, and so they will only come back stronger or something. But they'll need SOMETHING to do other than run. D:

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 04:00:52 pm »
Maybe think more Tolkien or D&D for the world hu?  So there's something to quest for some lost magick item/s which could give them the advantage of hiding,  or the legend of an entire city/country/valley of half-breeds who live in peace in an unknown location.  Heck, maybe there's an evel overlord to the entire place who has a legend against him that a half breed would kill him, which is why the purgers persue them.

I'm sure you'll think of something.  Looking forward to it.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 04:11:50 pm »
YAY! You are great Charles! You put ideas into my head (notsafe)!
So, I love the city/valley/country idea. I'm thinking something like, a valley in the mountains with a hidden entrance like (surprisesurprise) behind a waterfall! And people don't usually go into the mountains, and the valley cannot be seen unless you go above it, and look down into it.
Also I liked the prophecy thing too, but might be a bit hard to go kill him, but then they'd have something to do after they find the valley.
Hmm... Yes, yes... I think I'll do it now. ^^

AAAAAAH! One sec! What do I call it? O.O Omg. Thjere is already a Half Breeds RP. D:

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 05:09:34 pm »
CrossRace?

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 05:12:27 pm »
Hmm... Good idea...
or CrossRaced?
As in the characters are crossraced, or CrossRace as THE Crossrace. The group of Half breeds who get together... or something...

*perfectionist*

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 11:17:26 pm »
those both  sound kinda neat^_^ :-* i don't know if I'll join them though. i want fairy tale and Treasure awaits to go on. And all our RP's have seemed promising but seem to fizzle down the drain. like I adored playing the mage RP but no one wanted to play anymore after the first forum move.;.; if the game gets really good and the forum changes again I don't want it to suddenly die like that. That's really the main reason I've never made up my own RP for us all to play. ??? :-\ I don't see the flipside one dieing so easily cuz it's based off the flipside world and weird things are always happening in flipside so it leaves alot of newbie openings. plus i hope lots of people will want to play it since they read Brion's comic to begin with.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 11:38:41 pm »
Fairy tale never made it over here. (Edit: the template did, but that's it.)

And it could be possible that people are getting burned out from the amount of RP that they participate in, i mean, Chag, Smiles, NightWraith, Keaoden(sorry if I misspelled it.), and Charles, are pretty much the only people participating, but you guys are in All of them. Hell I barely RP'd in the other forum, but I don't think I handle more than one, and you guys are juggling three ( not counting crossbreeds as it has not yet started.)

I have been thinking of joining one of them but i'm not sure which one  :-\
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 11:50:08 pm by Pozf »
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 01:02:29 am »
Well, Give post a character profile here that you'd like to play and any of us could probably tell you which RP game it would suit best.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 01:06:29 am »
That's the problem, I tailor my characters to the roleplay at hand >.<

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 01:51:00 am »
*meh* go for Flipside.  It's runs with the comic's universe so *shrug*

Just my recommendation.  I hear the pirate one is good but I've never been bothered to get involved ("A great treasure awaits" I think it's called)

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 10:13:02 am »
yeah like i said I wish a great treasure awaits would move on. :-\ but it's  at such an awful standstill right now. :(

I like playing multiple RPGs :-* three is usually my limit.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 03:14:07 pm »
I did just about all when we had a high activity level in the old forums, but there are so few going on now, and it is indeed hard to juggle many, so after a while, they die, and the others steal all attention.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 12:17:04 pm »
Just my recommendation.  I hear the pirate one is good but I've never been bothered to get involved ("A great treasure awaits" I think it's called)

I would mainly because it would probably be awesome... but I don't have the patience to read all that  (sorry guys) That and there are a number of players who aren't even in these forums. leading me to assume that most of the characters just kind of go missing.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:18:53 pm by Pozf »

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 05:38:40 pm »
FUCKING HELL I'VE GOT A GOOD IDEA!
My BFF set me accidentally on the idea of making a Super Mario RolePlay.
Like they plot of saving Princess Peach from Bowser.
Now, that would be boring, but I'm all over the Mario world idea. We'd need a better plot though.
So anybody up for some plumber + tiny dinosaur + walking mushroom vs bowser action?
I'm picturing make your custom Mario'ish character and living in mushroom kingdom! Yay!
Like the different races to choose from are Human, Dinosaur, Koopa, Mushrrom People, Ape, Boo, and lots more. I found a great wikipedia site for Mario characters.
Let's work together on this shit if anyones interested.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_in_the_Mario_series