Author Topic: The Chat Thread  (Read 632435 times)

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
Re: The Chat Thread
« Reply #3240 on: June 16, 2014, 11:50:43 pm »
I don't really expect any of you to remember me but for what it's worth I still check this forum multiple times daily.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: June 17, 2014, 05:12:15 am »
I do, and you are a late but precious addition to the half-life of this place XD

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3242 on: June 19, 2014, 09:15:15 am »
Hmmm another morsel err I member member *whistles*
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: June 25, 2014, 06:35:29 pm »
Hi ducky! I remember you!

Just stopped in to post in "Comic Discussion" because I liked the current direction of the comic, and ended up poking around the old haunts. It's cool to see the people that are still here (assuming you are really people), the people who are not still here, and the people that are rarely here...and everybody.

Gonna head over to the psych couch now. I always was too serious and heavy.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: June 25, 2014, 06:43:53 pm »
Yay 1000 posts!

Took me a while to make those last few.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: June 25, 2014, 06:47:30 pm »
Oddball, I figure you're probably going to say "hi", so this is a preemptive strike:

Hi Odd!!! I love you buddy! Nice to see you!!

So cool that you're still here and still modding the old place, keeping everyone in line and laying down the line with howitzers and airstrikes.

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: June 29, 2014, 02:01:04 am »
I like how I totally posted in here then forgot that I posted in here and then was really surprised when I was reading new replies to this thread and saw a post by me.

I'm going to blame vodka.

Anyway, UIS (woo, lazy), read your rant in the sofa thread and am keeping you in my thoughts. I'm... going to go fade back into the background now.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3247 on: June 30, 2014, 02:42:22 pm »
Ah see UIS it's my old sniper/stalker skills there, I come back into the Forum and hardly any one sees me...........apart from that dammed heretic heathen Emp! :P
Not done any moding in here for a while now let alone dropping Mod Hammer airstrikes  ;D 8)

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: June 30, 2014, 04:45:33 pm »
Oh Odd, you flatterer ;) But yes, I do notice things that can be corrupted :P

And ducky, please don't be a stranger :) (I'm not sure but I Think I might even have you added on skype if you use the same avatar as in here)

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3249 on: July 01, 2014, 03:49:45 pm »
*ponders dropping a Mod Hammer Airstrike on Emp*  :-\

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: July 02, 2014, 01:04:33 am »
Oh Odd, you flatterer ;) But yes, I do notice things that can be corrupted :P

And ducky, please don't be a stranger :) (I'm not sure but I Think I might even have you added on skype if you use the same avatar as in here)

I do! And I have several of you on Skype I just, um, don't really remember who is who :<

Mini-rant time because hey sure why not. So a friend of mine who I definitely have feelings for (even though I shouldn't because he's had a girlfriend for 3 years that he's talked about marrying but ugh they are so not good for each other and we would be such a better couple T_T but I won't even go there)... Anyway so we text... a lot. Like, from the time he wakes up in the morning until the time we fall asleep at night. Well about 3 weeks ago he sends me a message saying he has to stop speaking to me because his girlfriend doesn't like him texting me, but to not worry because she's just being a "crazy bitch" and to "just sit tight" and that he'd be back to talking to me.

Well a week ago he just started talking to me again, expecting nothing to have changed. I explained to him that it really hurt my feelings, made me feel disposable, etc. And for the past... week... he just keeps telling me how sorry he is and how upset he is that things aren't exactly the same as they were before. That he thought we were closer than that and that we were close enough that him being an asshole one time wouldn't be the end of the world. So basically I feel shitty because he was an asshole and then I feel shitty because he's making me feel guilty. So.

grumpgrump

So anyway. I hope the rest of you are doing well.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: July 02, 2014, 06:25:29 am »
If he thought you were that close he shouldn't have been an arse in the first place... and definitely shouldn't even try guilt-tripping you for beeing upset about it.
I guess a lot of the feelings depends on what type of conversation you were having.
Also, does he know you have feelings for him and what kind of feelings, because if he don't he won't be able to treat your, atm. friendly relationship, in a way that makes sense since he won't have all the facts.
And finally, as soon as a partner tries to limit who you spend time or interact with, It's high time to drop that partner like a hot potato, because to me that means the partner isn't really interested in me as a person but only the way I fulfill her need for someone to parade about as an accessory.

*Glomps and huggles*

(I'm Erik on skype btw.)

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3252 on: July 02, 2014, 03:09:54 pm »
Skype now that's a thing I have not used in a while.

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: July 02, 2014, 07:01:49 pm »
Oh man I'm like always on Skype. I keep it on even on my phone so that I don't die of boredom at work during meetings (apparently once you get promoted above lowest-level-peon the number of meetings you have to sit through just quadruples or something).

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: July 08, 2014, 09:12:04 pm »
ducky!!

So here it comes!!!

Sounds like you're both being pussies. If you want him for more than a friend, you should tell him so and then move on if he's not ready for you, because there are so many other men in the world and you deserve to be satisfied as a person and a woman in every way imaginable. Not everyone is in a position or in an emotional state to fulfill all those needs for you, so you (and this means everyone) can't get stuck on one person. It just doesn't make sense, although it is "normal" and dictated by society and popular culture to do so.

On his end, he either was being a dick to you (which actually means he loves you and wants to be with you, so he needs to drop his dead weight and get with you (which you should tell him, btw), and which really means he wasn't being a dick but actually more of a pussy), or he wasn't being a dick because he was being true to his girl, who he loves and wants to be with right now. He's saying that he was a dick but his behavior is still right where it was before, so he's being a pussy.

Probably, you don't think you're good enough for him in some way or another, so you've put yourself in a position of waiting in the wings, which is safe emotionally and doesn't require you to make a real choice. I would offer that you are probably good enough to bring him, or someone else, a LOT of happiness just by focusing on the positive and connecting with the person and most importantly fucking their brains out!!! Anything else is just icing on the cake, but I would recommend against getting hung up on the form of a relationship and focusing as much as you can manage on the present moment, and creating space for the kind of present moments that you would like to have more of.  (Eckhart Tolle might help with your ability to live in and enjoy the present moment, look him up on Youtube.)

I don't mean to be accusatory or blaming, just think you might be happier if you took a touch more responsibility for your situation, ie. let the dude know (in whatever way you find appropriate, either by just saying so (it makes it easier for men to understand), or by turning up the flirting a notch or 10) that you're ready for him to step up, and if he doesn't, open up your mental space for someone even better, more attractive, and more suitable for you to come in. Someone will be there for you.  All those men out there are just waiting for you to know that you are hot shit.

Does that help at all?

This also might be helpful and fun to watch!
Sean Stephenson on relationships
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:20:30 pm by UmberIsSexy »

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: July 08, 2014, 10:47:30 pm »
Okay so... the conclusion of all this drama and blah shit.

I finally talked to him again, straight up told him that the reason it was so hurtful was because I had gotten close enough to him for it to be inappropriate considering he has a girlfriend. I flat out asked him if there was anything I needed to know or that he needed to tell me and he said no of course not. Then well... basically he... sorta freaked out on me. Ended up sending me 40+ text messages in one night saying how sorry he was and how he misses me, then called me 6 times between 12:30am and 2:45am (this being after I specifically and clearly asked him to leave me alone).

This is all complicated by the fact that he's active duty military and is getting deployed in a week. Which... he's actually used to guilt trip me, saying how he doesn't want to leave (and even at one point threw in a 'and possibly die') with us not being okay. I told him that him manipulating me wasn't really the way to get me to trust him and for us to be close.

I miss him like whoa but, I honestly think he's been a total asshole over all this and I'm not willing to put myself back in that situation.

So basically I agree with you, UIS. I think.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: July 09, 2014, 02:49:05 am »
Well, I Think you landed on your feet quite ok there. Clearly that guy has a LOT of maturing to do to be fit for any kind of comitted relationship.
While I don't agree completely with every sentence UIS wrote, the conclusion of his analysis is really sound advice. I myself think there is way too much reliance on suble hints and means of communication with hidden meaning and innuendos. For me, innuendos and hints can be fun for joking, but if something more than friendly banter is desired, clearly formulated unveiled communication is the way to go.
And don't hang up on conventions and social expectations when it comes to relationships. You and whoever you want is the ones that's going to live with eachother, so the only rules you need to stick to are the ones you make for yourselves, it makes things a lot easier than just accepting the 'common' definition. I'm polyamourous myself and only live in a monogamous relationship because neither me nor my partner has found another one to share our life with yet.

Happy hunting when the emotional bruises aren't hurting anymore ;)

akashayi

« Reply #3257 on: July 09, 2014, 06:20:27 am »
That kind of behavior is just not ok, as much as it hurts, sounds like you have really come out on the better side Ducky. *clear communicating fist bump* I hope things get better for you soon.

Also, I'm pretty consistently on Skype, since I use it for work. :)

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: July 09, 2014, 07:09:17 am »
By the way, what games do people in here play online?
For me, It's mostly World of Tanks, Civ5, Rome2/Shogun2 TW and Borderlands 2

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: July 09, 2014, 09:47:34 pm »
Wow Ducky, it seems you were actually more honest with him and yourself than your first post made it seem.  Nicely done!

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: July 10, 2014, 01:39:57 am »
I made a promise to myself about 2 years ago to really work on being honest with people about what I think or feel if they hurt me in some way because I was tired of people being shitty to me and just being like "oh that's okay I totally deserved it I'm sure." I mean I still probably ~think~ that a lot but I have been more up front (in the past year especially) about that sort of thing.

As for games uh, I mostly chill in civ5 or the sims because oh god I love the sims so much more than I should (although raaaaaage at Sims 4 so far).

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #3261 on: July 11, 2014, 12:22:04 am »
So i"m going to be In Dublin, Ireland this August. anyone wanna meet up?
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

akashayi

« Reply #3262 on: July 11, 2014, 08:16:17 am »
Nice! I was just in London for work, but I'm back now :(

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: July 12, 2014, 05:46:01 pm »
So i"m going to be In Dublin, Ireland this August. anyone wanna meet up?

Make sure to take plenty of pics!  My brother's in Jamaica right now, on his honeymoon with his wife (and thus my sister-in-law).  I'll travel overseas one of these days.

ducky_worshiper

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: July 12, 2014, 05:52:10 pm »
Nice! I was just in London for work, but I'm back now :(

I pretty much only get to travel to Portland and Salem (OR) for work. I'm jealous.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3265 on: July 14, 2014, 02:24:42 am »
Oh Akashayi you should of came up to see me in Bonnie Scotland  ;)

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: July 15, 2014, 12:21:51 pm »

That's illegal in at least 4 states.

parameciumkid

• Kinky
  • http://helia.heliohost.org
    • AOL Instant Messenger - parameciumkid
    • View Profile
    • Helia - The Girl in the Yellow Dress
« Reply #3267 on: August 15, 2014, 12:01:37 am »
I'm going to regret this for sure but hey, it's 3 am and I can't be blamed for what I do when up this late.
Um... hi. I decided to log in for the first time in two years. I was bored, you see, and it occurred to me that I'd stopped reading Flipside for pretty much no reason (none that I remember anyway). And there was surprisingly little to catch up on, so I did it. And then thought I should say hi, which brings us to now.
I miss anything? xD
Hi.
I've been out for two years, so warn me if I act like I missed something obvious. ^^;

...oh, and to anyone who missed me, I'm open to hugs, kisses, and intense tearful cuddles.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: August 15, 2014, 02:28:53 am »
well, you didn't miss much when it comes to the forums anyway. We are a few who are ghosting this Place and posting now and then but not much more.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3269 on: August 21, 2014, 05:12:09 am »

That's illegal in at least 4 states.

Aye and for good cause too  :P ;)