Author Topic: The Chat Thread  (Read 632376 times)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: The Chat Thread
« Reply #3030 on: June 04, 2012, 05:26:53 am »
With beard... currently trimmed relatively neatly.

Mrs is going through the woes of a baby who doesn't want her mummy out of sight.  Although she's starting to get past that phase a bit now.

Evelyn is nearly 10 months old, has taken two unassisted steps and can say a number of small words.

Its fascinating to see all the small things she works out.  Start by picking up objects and simply putting them in the mouth, then see what happens when you shake them, test what happens if you bang them on the floor and finally try picking up two objects and baning them together.  More recent developments are a word association and action in clapping.  I say clap and she claps.  For ages she would take a toy out of the box or something from somewhere, play with it or look at it and drop it right there.  Recently she's begun experimenting with putting the object back, starting with the pens I keep in my pocket which she's decided to try putting back instead of dropping and many other things.  She'll give you an object she has if you hold your hand out and take it from you if you offer it.

One bad habbit she picked up from visiting cousins is dropping food off the side of the feeding chair.  She simply picks it up, puts her hand sideways and immediately drops over the side.  With her cousins it was a bit of a game but she doesn't seem to take any joy in doing it, she just does it as though it's the proper thing to do... Not sure how to get her out of that one.

She's in the top percentile for both height and weight at her age.  Around 80cm long and 10kg.  include the relatively early crawling and near walking and she can easily be mistaken for an older child.  I'll have to find photos and post 'em.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: June 04, 2012, 01:52:04 pm »
Charles, maybe simply being ready to catch the food and placing it back on the tray while saying "no." ?  She might think it's a game, or she might start to get the implication.

Brillig

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
Greetings
« Reply #3032 on: June 04, 2012, 05:39:26 pm »
Heya flipsiders  :)

Just a young aussie here who found flipside a while ago, but never joined in with the forum. (I think I have 3 posts?)

Thought I'd drop in and say g'day  ;D

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: June 04, 2012, 06:30:35 pm »
Charles and I are Australian, too. Welcome!

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: June 05, 2012, 09:10:25 am »

<3 Tease, come back and tell us more about how you are

Akasha!!!!  I have missed you!!  Well no that's not true.  To be honest I didn't miss you until I logged into the forum, but the effect was instantaneous!!

Then I saw some of your latest pictures in the Picture Thread, and I missed you in a different way...the way of never having met you in person.  Want to visit Taiwan?

Charles, Churba, Oddball, E_D, hello and well met!  Not sure where the "well met" came from, but I saw a choir singing medieval songs the other day, dressed up like pipers and fiddlers and what have you.  Nice to hear of your baby experiences Charles.  I sort of thought she'd be older by now, since I always feel like time's flying.

Ryuu, not sure if I know you.  Did you change names?

edit: Warning!!  Life story follows:

Anyway, thanks for asking.  I'm fucking busy as fuck.  It's good though.  Teaching English at a really strict and serious school.  I yell at kids fairly often.  We have a lot of fun in class tho.  I've gotten a lot better at the fun part actually.  My kid (soon to be both of them) is in a Waldorf school which is awesome.  It's the first one in Asia, and is sort of a center for Waldorf education in Asia.  A lot of different travelling teachers and performance groups come through.  My older son actually misses the States pretty hardcore though.  He lived there from like 1 to 7 years old, and he still associates with it.  It's not quite the same here, his classmates are kind of wilder and less polite, even though they're just playing, he's an intellectual kid and I think is craving some more stimulation.  He has said that he loves it here and loves his school before though, even though the last couple days he's been expressing differently.  We have a homestay from Australia (woop woop!) right now, and I think she reminds him of home, even of his Grammy, and I think that may be why he's missing the US.

I don't miss it a bit, myself.  From here, hearing the news and just seeing how people are, I feel like the US is a pretty backwards place, what with the politics and some of the prevailing attitudes towards sex, religion, and education, among other things.  I love how there's the puritan undercurrent of "we are actually not sexual beings" while the media is completely full of the worst kinds of fake, unrealistic sexual imagery and sex appeal is woven into how people normally attain success.  Not that there aren't advantages that the US has over Taiwanese culture, but I just feel like the rest of the world is generally more honest and comfortable with itself than the US.

There's so much to tell I don't really know which angle to take.  As before, fidelity or lack thereof is a big part of my life.  I guess I'll leave it at that.  The women here are CRAZY HOT!!!!!!!  I can't fucking stand it.  I just should have sowed my wild oats when the time was right, because I do love my wife.  Our marriage is sort of up in the air though, and we need to find time to get some counseling hours in.  The women here though are seriously painful to look at though.  Luckily I have had a bit of luck in flirting and so forth.  I know it's bad because I'm still married, but it's something that I really need in my life.  I have needed it for years, and it's one of the key things that makes me happy.

My body is much better looking now than when I was in the states because my job requires a lot more energy and it sort of encouraged me to take better care of myself and work out.  I'm slightly buff, though there's a stubborn layer of beer fat keeping me from really being cut.  I don't want to be huge, but I wish my muscles showed up a bit more.  It's so hard to get rid of that last little bit though, esp. if you like beer as I do.  However, I'm showing my age and stress levels in my face.  Also, I still harbor less than optimal sleep habits. :-[  It is also good for business to stay in shape, because parents (usually moms) sit in our classes with their kids, and I think it helps to give them a little beefcake for their domesticated lifestyles (Taiwanese ladies love white guys).

Um....been watching a lot of UFC, Game of Thrones, and The Walking Dead when it was in season.  Those are like my outlets for relaxation when I'm not at the bar trying to hit on these fine fine women.  I tell them all I'm married.  Still less than angelic, but I have seriously tried hard to ignore or subdue this part of myself for years and have not been successful.  I am miserable and unhealthy if I don't tell myself that I'm still in the game.  I still suck pretty fucking bad at picking up women, though from another point of view I am worlds more confident than when I was younger.  I'm just not always the best personality for picking up, since I'm a passive, introverted guy, and being outgoing and aggressive is more the norm in a bar situation.  However, I'm figuring out that if women get to know me a tiny bit, they tend to be attracted, and I also provide a contrast to what they're used to.  Like I said, I'm getting way better at it, even though I still suck.

It's so much easier here though.  At least here you can work at it, and have small successes while you learn.  I think back at home it's incredibly hard for a shy guy not to lose heart completely...but here there are so many hot women that their standards are completely different.  Also, having a softer personality is far more accepted for men.  And...they love the white guys!!  (black guys are finally making a surge as well nowadays tho, esp among those who enjoy recreational sex!)  I actually only go to the pick-up type bar once in a while honestly, but it is fun.  I went recently which is why it's on my mind.

So anyway, you asked...and got a book.  Just trying to honor your request, mistress!

One thing that's weird is I live in the countryside and work in Taipei, driving an hour between, so I feel like it's two different worlds.  I love being at home and involved with the Waldorf school (for those not familiar, Waldorf schools are like a whole community thing where you could really devote a lot of time to volunteering and also learning things), not to mention my wife and kids!  Then on the other hand I love my job (which is very demanding) and the mad amounts of crazy hot women in the city.  It's not a healthy situation.  I'm going to be opening my own English school closer to home fairly soon though, and then hopefully I can pass into boring, faithful old age.  Not sure about that, but I think it's a possibility.  Want to pick up music (got a mandolin and I also made a lyre that my wife plays and I still can't), and live a more wholesome life.  I honestly do love being at my kids' school, and being involved with everything there.  It makes me feel much more fulfilled and then it's easy to forget about the p&$%y in the city (haha).  But then you got those hot Taiwanese Waldorf chicks, and my world goes upside down again!

Life is fucking good though, I truly love it here nowadays, and I'm making pretty good $$.

My wife knows I'm a bad man, but she's sticking with me for now.  Like I said, we really need some counseling before we really know what we want to do.  She loves me and I love her, but something sort of has to give or change.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3035 on: June 05, 2012, 04:51:57 pm »
Forgot to say this before but I'll say it now......................Welcome back Umber good to hear from you again Chief  8)
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: June 06, 2012, 02:03:41 am »
Lovely to see you, Uis. And you too, Charles! Glad to hear Bun- Err, I mean Evelyn (Just kidding with you ;) ) is doing okay. <3 All the best from me!
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #3037 on: June 06, 2012, 11:17:23 am »
WOW! The whole crew is getting back into the swing of things.

@Razzly: *lol* My long-time friends all call her Bunny which is cute.  Hope lifes been treating you well.  You seem relatively happy and all.

@Umber: Having been to it myself I can highly recommend the counseling mate.  They can really help you work out what you each want out of your relationship with each other and assist you in working through it.  In my case we ended up staying together, in my parent's case they ended up splitting amicably after counseling that brought them to that conclusion.  Its not about trying to make or force your relationship to work but really working out if it can.

Obviously, in any relationship there are sacrifices, concessions or compromises that we make for the benefits we get out of the relationship.  Without the relationship we loose the concessions we've made but also the benefits.  It comes down to those benefits outweighing the concessions.  One can also wonder if its possible to get some of the same benefits, or more, and/or less sacrifices in another relationship but while the ability to end a relationship is guaranteed, the ability to find a better one is not.

There are some great books out there that I got which go beyond the usual of simply trying to repair the marriage and help you ask and answer the question "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?" (the actual title of one of the books I bought).  The biggest mistake I made was to not act strongly enough, quickly enough.  I let things degrade and half expected or hoped that they would just improve on their own.  Best thing I ever did was grow a pair and force action and change to take place for the better of both of us.

As you say, you love her and she loves you, it was the same for us, but while the happiness of your partner is important, not to mention your kids depending on how this will affect them,  if you're ultimately unhappy in the relationship as it currently stands and works then its not sustainable and as you also say, something must give or change.

Good luck mate and it's good to see you back.

@Brillig: MAAAAAAATE!!!! So are you supporting the winning Origin team?  I'm in Queensland but I'm of New South Welshman origin so its all cocky for me!

@LoGos: Probably wouldn't work right now.  She hasn't got an association with the word "No" right now and while its obviously not a game to her now, I'm worried it could become one.   Its not just that she doesn't smile or laugh when she does it, she doesn't even look at us expectantly like she's waiting for the reaction.  I do have a theory.  We worked out her favorite foods, so generally we'll give her what appears to be the least favorite and then the next as she eats it all or gets sick of it.  I suspect that she may have worked out that an empty plate will bring the next, more desirable, food item and is simply cleaning the plate with the expectation of the next food arriving... Still... She generally eats some of everything and gets through a fair amount considering her size.

P.S. Good to see you again mate.  And you too Churba!

Churba

• Passion Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: June 06, 2012, 02:24:02 pm »
Good to see you too, chief. Been crazy busy, of late.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3039 on: June 06, 2012, 03:18:41 pm »
Hate to say this to all you Aussies but 9-6  ;D ;D ;D ;D WHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: June 06, 2012, 03:19:46 pm »
ROTFL

Churba

• Passion Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: June 06, 2012, 03:51:41 pm »
Hate to say this to all you Aussies but 9-6  ;D ;D ;D ;D WHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Congrats!

Which sport?

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3042 on: June 06, 2012, 03:53:42 pm »
Rugby Union. first time in 30 years Scotland have managed to beat Australia away.

Churba

• Passion Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: June 06, 2012, 04:19:16 pm »
Rugby Union. first time in 30 years Scotland have managed to beat Australia away.
Oh, VERY good work then, I've heard we have a strong team this year.

Brillig

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: June 07, 2012, 03:06:34 am »
@Umber: I went to a steiner (waldorf) school man! :) Best thing that ever happened to me. It's great to hear they've got one over there now. It's a real community over here, and I would have been a different person if I hadn't joined in. I was so shy and unconfident, steiner helped get me out of my shell.  I learnt what was important to me in life from school. Now my sister is a steiner teacher, and I think I might be too one day.

@Charles: MAAATE!!!  I'm based down south, a real melbournian. I'm an aussie bloke, so by rights you should be able to expect manly sports banter... and I don't know how to say this, but I didn't even know what Origin was. :P AFL is what's big down here, and I know next to nothing about it! :D I love queensland weather though, mind if I move in? :P :P

I wish I'd found flipside 6 years ago, back when this forum was starting up. Good to meet you all.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #3045 on: June 07, 2012, 03:13:38 am »
@Brillig: Didn't you guys just host the State Of Origin for the first time?

ALL:  Jamie Robertson, artist of webcomic Clan Of The Cats is making a comeback!

I've been a fan of this comic for years.  Janie has fought bouts of blindness over the years to keep going but it's gotten the better of him for the past few years.  Never-The-Less he's planning a short story this June 8th to try and come back into the groove.  I'd greatly appreciate the effort of anyone here who took the time to hop on over there and cheer this battler on with some encouragement.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: June 07, 2012, 03:13:58 am »
@Brillig: Don't worry, a few of those who were here then and some of us who came a bit later when positivity spiralled gloriously out of control are still here, and some of the important positive people who has been rare for a long while are showing up again more frequently. I for one is hoping for a major reignition of the old familiarity, with some old friends and many new!

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3047 on: June 07, 2012, 08:17:00 am »
@ Charles:Lost track of Clan of the Cats, (funny since one of my Clan names is Chatton, Touch naught but a glove) lost most of my book marks due to various changes in search pages.

@Emp: just waiting for Leana and Selan to come back.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: June 07, 2012, 09:27:40 am »
Aye, the incredibly tasty dutch ladies, and for Chag4 to make more regular apperances :)

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: June 07, 2012, 07:13:55 pm »
I knew COTC had some rough spots, had no idea it was because the artist was having eyesight problems.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #3050 on: June 08, 2012, 09:29:29 pm »
Yeah, diabetes caused it for him so he's had ups and downs.  Its a real problem since he can't just get prescription glasses to fix it since his sight can vary daily.  Depression has got him quite a bit as well from it all.

The girl who inspired the main character for him has been battling cancer for quite sometime, but she's apparently through the worst of it and, while still having more battles to face, is on the road to recovery.  He's writing this new story for her.

I do love how Chelsea (main character) isn't some supermodel but a real woman with curves.  She faces all sorts of epic level problems and doesn't get through it without the mental scaring.  Yet he also makes sure she faces more mundane world issues and pulls it all off quite well with some good humour to boot.

The first page is up so spread the word and welcome him back.

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: June 09, 2012, 11:47:40 am »
I tried to send a message to Jamie, no idea if it got through or not.  But they make adjustable glasses that you can actually adjust as you wear them, no optometrist needed.  I sent him what information I had on them.  Hopefully that might be something that can help him.

(How can I type "optometrist without a problem, but stumble over almost every four letter word in that paragraph?)

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3052 on: June 09, 2012, 12:02:24 pm »
Because you are one of us now! one of us,one of us,one of us,one of us!  ;D ;D

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: June 11, 2012, 11:57:06 am »
Lovely to see you, Uis.

*swoon* haha, VERY nice to be seen.

Forgot to say this before but I'll say it now......................Welcome back Umber good to hear from you again Chief  8)

Odd thanks very much, it's good to see you buddy!!

@Umber: Having been to it myself I can highly recommend the counseling mate.  They can really help you work out what you each want out of your relationship with each other and assist you in working through it.  In my case we ended up staying together, in my parent's case they ended up splitting amicably after counseling that brought them to that conclusion.  Its not about trying to make or force your relationship to work but really working out if it can.
Thanks so much Charles.  This is excellent advice that I really need to take to heart, and let it outweigh my feeling of being too busy to do this.  It really is important.

A problem is that we live an hour away from any decent counselor and I'm working my ass off all the time.  However, this is really important.

@LoGos: Probably wouldn't work right now.  She hasn't got an association with the word "No" right now and while its obviously not a game to her now, I'm worried it could become one.   Its not just that she doesn't smile or laugh when she does it, she doesn't even look at us expectantly like she's waiting for the reaction.  I do have a theory.  We worked out her favorite foods, so generally we'll give her what appears to be the least favorite and then the next as she eats it all or gets sick of it.  I suspect that she may have worked out that an empty plate will bring the next, more desirable, food item and is simply cleaning the plate with the expectation of the next food arriving... Still... She generally eats some of everything and gets through a fair amount considering her size.

Our thing, at least with my first kid, was to ignore the behavior.  We were so positive and interactive with him though that even ignoring an action was enough to discourage it.  I don't recommend that though, he has grown to be quite needy of attention through the years.  My next kid is way more well-rounded and easy going, but I couldn't even tell you what we did with him.  The second kid is so much different than the first!  Good theory though!

@Brillig: Don't worry, a few of those who were here then and some of us who came a bit later when positivity spiralled gloriously out of control are still here, and some of the important positive people who has been rare for a long while are showing up again more frequently. I for one is hoping for a major reignition of the old familiarity, with some old friends and many new!

Emp, I am curious about all this reference to positivity...when did that happen?  And was there rampant negativity before or after?  Sorry, just out of the loop and curious!

@Umber: I went to a steiner (waldorf) school man! :) Best thing that ever happened to me. It's great to hear they've got one over there now. It's a real community over here, and I would have been a different person if I hadn't joined in. I was so shy and unconfident, steiner helped get me out of my shell.  I learnt what was important to me in life from school. Now my sister is a steiner teacher, and I think I might be too one day.
Hey Brillig and welcome welcome!!!!!!!

Good to hear your thoughts about Steiner education!!  I'm always glad to hear something positive, since I ALWAYS worry about my kids (even when I know they're fine) and I consequently CONSTANTLY worry that I've made horrible decisions about their education!

Thanks!  Seems you're really a solid supporter, and it means the most to hear it from a student!!

There was really an awesome singing group from Australia, The Australian Wayfarers, at our school last week.  Very nice experience.  They really brought light to our lives.

Quote from: Akashayi
:(

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: June 11, 2012, 12:02:03 pm »
Hey does Pozf still come around here?

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: June 11, 2012, 02:16:03 pm »
Well, The forums has always been positive, but I think it's safe to say that the ammount of positivity felt decreased for me as the number of active people I've come to know in the free talk and games sections dropped to one-five a week when there used to be at least half a dozen at any given time.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3056 on: June 11, 2012, 03:27:28 pm »
Come to think of it haven't seen Pozf or Nightwraith here for a while  ???

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #3057 on: June 12, 2012, 03:37:11 am »
Yeah, I'm planning to try and make daily visits with a few posts each day to rekindle the activity a bit.  I figure that once others start to come back and see decent levels of activity, they'll hang in for more.

@UIS: An hour away can be a bummer for a counselor.  I'd really recommend the books if you have to time to read them and work through them yourself.  But yes to the idea of not putting it off as well.  This is likely something thats been working its way in for a long time and I certainly wished I'd taken action sooner when I finally did and worked out a conclusion.  We probably had serious unresolved/uncommunicated issues for about 3 years that I left to stagnate and it was the same for my parents.  It can be painful and dramatic to bring the whole thing to a head and lay all the cards on the table but its one of those things like taking of a band-aide.  Write it down for yourself, really get down to the core of the things that are bugging and bothering you, book time aside to discuss and then do it.  If you can get at least one session with a counselor to start you off, that'd likely be best and then set time aside once or twice a week to privately discuss it between yourselves, review and just keep making progress until you've arrived at a compromise which benefits you both or a conclusion that such a compromise is not reasonably possible.

Good luck mate.

akashayi

« Reply #3058 on: June 14, 2012, 01:44:18 am »
<3 !

One, I really miss Pozf.

UIS, visiting Taiwan sounds nice :) I have much more liquidity these days so traveling wouldn't be out of the question but time just isn't something I have... Unless you know more excellent sysadins who want to take on some of my work in Santa Monica. This week I've already done two over night maintenances and I'm about to collapse.

I agree that the US is super backwards with it's views on sexuality compared to the rest of the world. It can be painful, but I'm always happy when I meet open people with healthy views on sex and life. Sexuality is a very natural thing and flirting is fun! (I'm jealous of you, being surrounded by beautiful women!) What I'm trying to say is, I don't think it's healthy to bottle up or try to pretend that your human nature isn't there. Charles, you probably have it right when it comes to seeing a counselor if you can find a good one.

you're all welcome to add my on skype at akashayi at gmail, if we ever get the chance to do a group chat again. Those were fun :D

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: June 14, 2012, 03:50:45 am »
It was sure nice to put a noise to each name ;)