Author Topic: The Chat Thread  (Read 632044 times)

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
Re: The Chat Thread
« Reply #2130 on: January 24, 2010, 10:31:47 am »
lol it might be a bit more difficult then. i mean aren't they holding onto eachother's pants...? they could do it topless though i bet
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

Stardreamer

« Reply #2131 on: January 27, 2010, 02:40:43 am »
I hope the blonde one is a guy... there can't be such a strong girl!!
Anyway, that was amazing!

Selan

• Heavenly Orgasmic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: January 28, 2010, 01:00:43 am »
You haven't met me yet, i'll snap your bones between my thumb and my indexfinger.

*Akasha's pose of awesomeness*

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2133 on: January 28, 2010, 01:24:57 am »
You want Awsome.....YOU CANT HANDLE AWSOME!!  ;D

http://www.thecrewdogs.com/images/Comic%20strips/2009_04_01a.jpg
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Selan

• Heavenly Orgasmic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: January 28, 2010, 03:37:52 am »
Ok change of topic, do any of you remember mighty mouse the forumite?
With the avatar with a hamster lifting weights?

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2135 on: January 28, 2010, 03:46:43 am »
No. Why? Is she your GIRLFRIEND? OOOOOOOOOOH!  :P

Seriously, I have no idea who that is. Is this person from the previous forum?  ???
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Stardreamer

« Reply #2136 on: January 28, 2010, 04:38:40 am »
You haven't met me yet, i'll snap your bones between my thumb and my indexfinger.

*Akasha's pose of awesomeness*

no please spare me  ;D ;D

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2137 on: January 28, 2010, 11:00:05 am »
Ok change of topic, do any of you remember mighty mouse the forumite?
With the avatar with a hamster lifting weights?

I remember that avatar.

Sigh, and I went to sleep early for once last night.

Too much feelings of not belonging.  :(

Selan

• Heavenly Orgasmic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: January 28, 2010, 12:47:36 pm »
It was back in july 2005 so yeah, a long time ago.

akashayi

« Reply #2139 on: January 28, 2010, 12:54:05 pm »
2005...eesh. I vaguely remember. Maybe.

You definitely belong here, CDSM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUX9ja5ZY6M

I had pretty bad insomnia last night. And then my isp shat itself. That's the worst *hugs the internets*

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2140 on: January 28, 2010, 01:09:18 pm »

You definitely belong here, CDSM.

It's not that I don't appreciate you guys, but...the internets aren't enough for me, anymore.

One of my "friend"'s birthday was yesterday...apparently they all had a party for him and I didn't get invited. Hell, even my roommate, who hadn't been to club all semester got an invite from people he hardly knew, but not me. So now I'm wondering what my place is.
And my one other friend I haven't been able to see because she's been sick, and now I'm starting to get paranoid that she's turning on me too, even though I know that's not true.
And my *other* friend, the one up north, says she doesn't have any free time for me to come visit her some weekend, which disappoints me immensely.

I just can't catch a break in forging friendships in real life.

Also, my computer freezes upon start-up. I am forced to use the library.

Btw, I love songs like that, by the way. Techno beats + sound clips. Especially unit commands from RTS's.

like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIqbfXIqHng

akashayi

« Reply #2141 on: January 28, 2010, 01:31:57 pm »
Grab an ubuntu live cd for your computer if you can, best way to access the nets from a fucky computer before fixing it (before that it was knoppix).

I know what you mean though, outside of the nets I have the very small group of people that are tribe. Very difficult to find people that ping back and very rare, for me anyway. Not just social skill, just fucking hard to find. And the geek world is very small, everyone kind of ends up knowing everyone else. At least here in LA there are lots of cool events and back in my college days I went to gaming/anime clubs, did tabletop/other gaming group etc.

So, eh, I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to say other than I understand and you should keep at it.

(yeah, though most rts sound effects > wc3 )

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2142 on: January 28, 2010, 04:02:46 pm »
Grab an ubuntu live cd for your computer if you can, best way to access the nets from a fucky computer before fixing it (before that it was knoppix).

Dorm complex computers will suffice for now. It's not like I need the net for pronz or anything. I just don't have any of my stuff here to figure out what's up, else I have to rely on tech services, which I am loath to do unless I need to send something in to get replaced (sweet deal, I bought my laptop through the school so i get free warranty as long as I go here).

But yeah. Weird thing...last night, I turned away to get dressed in pajamas, and when I came back my computer'd frozen up.

I know what you mean though, outside of the nets I have the very small group of people that are tribe. Very difficult to find people that ping back and very rare, for me anyway. Not just social skill, just fucking hard to find. And the geek world is very small, everyone kind of ends up knowing everyone else. At least here in LA there are lots of cool events and back in my college days I went to gaming/anime clubs, did tabletop/other gaming group etc.

So, eh, I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to say other than I understand and you should keep at it.

Yeah. I...don't have much social skill. And I'm a little to unwilling to try too hard to fit in, aside from the "be myself" which quiet, callous, space cadet only keeps people interested for a short time, I guess.

No events or anything around here though. What I'm really searching for is:
1) RPG friends. No gaming stores in like, a fifty mile radius, I think. Supposedly one is in my home town, that I've never been to, but I found it listed on the net so I'm not sure exactly what it is or if it's even there. Might go check it out though. So far all the real-life roleplayers I know are closer to the "male power fantasy" types, which I will not brook.
2) Friends that share my taste in music. I have too many fantasies about having the kind of people that will sing along with me to songs I like in the car.
3) Art/writing friends. Especially if they are into making comics. So far I only have two, one of which has forsaken his dreams to go into missions, and the other is distant now, though I still chat with him from time to time.
So yeah, that's my quest. Though I quest without a map.

(yeah, though most rts sound effects > wc3 )

Yeah, that one was kinda meh too, but it was the quickest example I could find.
My favorite one is one from Baldur's Gate II. For those that don't know it, every time you try to leave an area without your group in one place, there's this annoying voice that says, "You must gather your party before venturing forth" again and again til every gets close to the exit.
Someone made a mix of character lines with a dance beat in the background with that voice saying, "You must...party".
I love it.

akashayi

« Reply #2143 on: January 29, 2010, 01:49:24 am »
I have it, the answer.

You need to move.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2144 on: January 29, 2010, 09:48:33 am »
I have it, the answer.

You need to move.

Yeah, I'm thinking that too.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2145 on: January 29, 2010, 12:11:38 pm »
Here's something I want to get off my chest. It's given me a fair amount of angst over the years so...
I have an idea!
Let's Play Do You Think I'm A Pedophile? !
Here is a incomplete list of persons and characters that I sometimes find attractive but feel guilty about because of the unfortunate implications. You guys tell me what is okay and what isn't.  :P

1. Beautiful androgynous men (twinks) and women (baby dykes and FTMs) who dress and look (to me) like adolescent boys.
2. Characters in anime that are really seven hundred years old like Etna or that character from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagnan that looks like she is at least 22 but in the show is 14. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...paGurrenLagann
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...undredYearsOld
3. Little girls and adolesent boys (just kidding)  :P.
4. People of age that look younger then they are or underage that look older then they are.

akashayi

« Reply #2146 on: January 29, 2010, 12:18:04 pm »
Heh, you guys apparently don't know how genderqueer I am. I love androgyny, and when I can't tell.

That doesn't make you a pedophile, just gay! :)

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2147 on: January 29, 2010, 12:28:58 pm »
1. Beautiful androgynous men (twinks) and women (baby dykes and FTMs) who dress and look (to me) like adolescent boys.
2. Characters in anime that are really seven hundred years old like Etna or that character from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagnan that looks like she is at least 22 but in the show is 14. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...paGurrenLagann
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...undredYearsOld
3. Little girls and adolesent boys (just kidding)  :P.
4. People of age that look younger then they are or underage that look older then they are.

1. Okay.
2. Etna = creepy. But no way in hell is Yoko 14. Simon is believably 14, as is Nia. Yoko should be the same age as Kamina (17+).
3. Wrong! But you were kidding.
4. Depends on the exact age of appearance...

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2148 on: January 29, 2010, 12:34:55 pm »
Yoko is 14 in the show. I read it on the internet, so it must be true. Here is the TV tropes character sheet page. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/TengenToppaGurrenLagann
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:39:06 pm by RoninAngel »

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2149 on: January 29, 2010, 12:57:16 pm »
Yoko is 14 in the show. I read it on the internet, so it must be true. Here is the TV tropes character sheet page. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/TengenToppaGurrenLagann

And yet, I reiterate, that there is no way Yoko is 14.
Not even if Word of God says so.

But oh yeah, my computers been freezing right upon start-up. It let me log on and do stuff in Safe Mode just fine, so I figured it was a software problem. But I wasn't sure what to do, so I thought I'd reinstall everything. But now it seems to be frozen up in the  middle of the install...so yeah.

Some research says it might be a bad power supply, but I don't know.

And I won't be able to get real help until Monday. Damn.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2150 on: January 30, 2010, 10:44:30 pm »
But what does that say about the creators of the anime if they draw a girl that clearly has an adult body and is explicitly stated as 14? Anime seems more ripe then anywhere to show Freudian motivations in everything. But exactly is the Freudian explanation? The most obvious explanation is of course that the creators of this series are pedophiles. But that doesn't explain the full grown body. Does it mean that what is being fetishized here is the mentality of a 14 year old, rather then the physical development? What about the age of 14 as a concept in itself. Is that better or worse? Our culture condemns pedobear inclinations, but for what reason exactly? Because adult are supposed to take care of children or because anyone with attractions outside the norm are considered sick or perverted? Some combination? If your going to fetishize little girls, witch is worse, fetishizing their mentality or fetishizing their bodies? And witch would be more likely to lend toward predatory behavior?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:47:58 pm by RoninAngel »

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2151 on: January 30, 2010, 11:02:19 pm »
But what does that say about the creators of the anime if they draw a girl that clearly has an adult body and is explicitly stated as 14? Anime seems more ripe then anywhere to show Freudian motivations in everything. But exactly is the Freudian explanation? The most obvious explanation is of course that the creators of this series are pedophiles. But that doesn't explain the full grown body. Does it mean that what is being fetishized here is the mentality of a 14 year old, rather then the physical development? What about the age of 14 as a concept in itself. Is that better or worse? Our culture condemns pedobear inclinations, but for what reason exactly? Because adult are supposed to take care of children or because anyone with attractions outside the norm are considered sick or perverted? Some combination? If your going to fetishize little girls, witch is worse, fetishizing their mentality or fetishizing their bodies? And witch would be more likely to lend toward predatory behavior?

Thing is, Yoko is hella mature for a 14-year-old.

Nia is more appropriate in terms of personality and form.

I think the explanation is that they made their big boobs stripperiffic fanservice sniper girl, slapped the age 14 on her at random, and then realized their mistake later by trying to explain it as them counting the years differently (being underground and all).

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #2152 on: February 02, 2010, 04:30:13 pm »
I think they want to appeal to the fanservice by having girls that look like women but for story purposes the highschool teenage years seem to be the most popular.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2153 on: February 02, 2010, 09:58:22 pm »
ok guys, i decided that in my quest to become a d-list internet celebrity, i'm going to start my own Abridged Series.

akashayi

« Reply #2154 on: February 05, 2010, 01:38:00 am »
Seems like the past two or three seasons of anime have had a serious trend towards loli, each more loli than the last. Darker than black was a little loli and then Darker than Black II was super loli. A certain scientific railgun, loli. Dance in the vampire bund holy shit loli.

Damn it japan, the japanese loli was a joke before but now it's infected all of you o_o Pretty soon I start disbelieving in adult, japanese women.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: February 05, 2010, 08:48:01 am »
Well, I for one has been questioning the mental age of japanese in general for as long as I've been culturally aware...

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #2156 on: February 07, 2010, 12:04:22 pm »
Happy Chinese New Year Everyone!  :-*
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2157 on: February 07, 2010, 03:16:44 pm »
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #2158 on: February 07, 2010, 05:25:30 pm »
Damn it japan, the japanese loli was a joke before but now it's infected all of you o_o Pretty soon I start disbelieving in adult, japanese women.

They all die before their 18th birthdays since the A-Bombs were dropped.  It was only the girls born after that which were unable to live to adult-hood so they didn't even realise it until the mid-60's.  At that time it's uncertain what they did to resolve the problem. Either they worked on, and developed cloning, artificial insemination and artificial wombs to continue creating children... or all Japanese men are pedophiles   :o
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2159 on: February 08, 2010, 03:04:37 pm »
Seems like the past two or three seasons of anime have had a serious trend towards loli, each more loli than the last. Darker than black was a little loli and then Darker than Black II was super loli. A certain scientific railgun, loli. Dance in the vampire bund holy shit loli.

What is it with Dance of the Vampire Bund?
It seems like an actually pretty well drawn series with a good story and characterization, and then you remember that it focuses on the sexualization of a vampire that has the body of a twelve year old. (possibly)  :-\