Author Topic: Chapter 27: Discussion  (Read 45194 times)

FyreFennec

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chapter 27: Discussion
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2011, 12:18:31 pm »
Bern seems to be getting more and more uncomfortable with Maytag's openess.   :-\  I hope they're not due for an argument.

Blackwolf359

• Cage Dancer
  • Pie.... Mmmmm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2011, 12:45:16 pm »
Bern seems to be getting more and more uncomfortable with Maytag's openess.   :-\  I hope they're not due for an argument.
If they are and I were the one writing the comic I would make them have it now while there on the show still. Possibly after they take a short break followed by them not being informed that they went live again about five minutes ago.
But since I'm not the one writing it I can only theorize.
If someone pushes you into the abyss...Jump...And grab them as you fall.
~Wolf

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2011, 01:49:27 pm »
Bern seems to be getting more and more uncomfortable with Maytag's openess.   :-\  I hope they're not due for an argument.
Actually I would like to see some argument live and then Bern suddenly leaving the studio not being able to stand this May talk anymore.
But May instead of going for Bern would stay in the studio still following the talk and joking like nothing happened.
And embarassed Bern could be approached by Vennice.
Could be a nice setup :3
It's kinda funny to see with each page how, beside loving each other, Bern and May don't have anything in common.

Enkida

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Baldur's Gate Portraits
« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2011, 02:17:58 am »
Actually I would like to see some argument live and then Bern suddenly leaving the studio not being able to stand this May talk anymore.
But May instead of going for Bern would stay in the studio still following the talk and joking like nothing happened.
And embarassed Bern could be approached by Vennice.
Could be a nice setup :3

That would be kind of awesome, though highly unlikely. ;-) 

Personally I'm not digging May's passive-aggressive behaviour towards Bern on the podcast (that's how I read it, because if my own husband did something he know would make me extremely uncomfortable in front of tens of thousands of people with a smile and a little "oh, oopsie", I'd be pretty mad at him), but then again it has also been going against her personality to repress her own sexuality for Bern's benefit.  All that relationship pressure has got to explode somewhere if they don't talk about it, and I guess messily on a podcast is just as well a place to do it as anywhere else. 

I kind of think it will work itself out in the end with Bern caving to May's wishes for a more open relationship, just because that's the way this comic goes - when it comes to conflict solving, Maytag usually turns out right in the end - but how it actually gets to that point could be interesting.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 02:19:44 am by Enkida »
2 kids = no more comics, but you can still find me doing BG portraits now and then

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2011, 12:36:10 am »
I'M BACK!!! and flooded  ???

Just want to say that I thought the whole coverage of Bern's opportunity to sleep around was done VERY well.

I liked the idea that Bern was caught off guard by this development and lashed out at May initially, feeling like Maytag's lack of desire for Bern to be dedicated intimately and emotionally to her only was almost like a lack of concern for Bern or their relationship.  Bern's consideration of the situation and response that Maytag was all that she needed was both heartwarming and spot on.

I'm not sure why we didn't see more debate about this.  Maybe it's just the Christmas season with not many people (including myself) logging in.  I could just have imagined the cries and screams at Bern's conservative stance and speculation that their relationship would disolve or that Bern might even take up the opportunity to be intimate with others or allow Maytag some kind of leeway provided she was discrete.  Then we'd all have been shot down by Brion's choice of a beautiful and well in-character response that just seemed to wash it all away.

P.S. if the Showgram is the side-plot... I'm verymuch looking forward to it.  Besides! Just means that Crest gets more sword practice in.

P.P.S. WOW! Another week skipped! The comic timeline is really moving now!  I wonder How Bloody Mary is doing with the bandits, or Qtalda's hunt for her and Melter's plans to take back Maytag who'd no-doubt become very well known, let alone what Moss and Fata are up to.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2011, 12:59:59 am »

Just want to say that I thought the whole coverage of Bern's opportunity to sleep around was done VERY well.

I liked the idea that Bern was caught off guard by this development and lashed out at May initially, feeling like Maytag's lack of desire for Bern to be dedicated intimately and emotionally to her only was almost like a lack of concern for Bern or their relationship.  Bern's consideration of the situation and response that Maytag was all that she needed was both heartwarming and spot on.

I'm not sure why we didn't see more debate about this.  Maybe it's just the Christmas season with not many people (including myself) logging in.  I could just have imagined the cries and screams at Bern's conservative stance and speculation that their relationship would disolve or that Bern might even take up the opportunity to be intimate with others or allow Maytag some kind of leeway provided she was discrete.  Then we'd all have been shot down by Brion's choice of a beautiful and well in-character response that just seemed to wash it all away.

P.S. if the Showgram is the side-plot... I'm verymuch looking forward to it.  Besides! Just means that Crest gets more sword practice in.

P.P.S. WOW! Another week skipped! The comic timeline is really moving now!  I wonder How Bloody Mary is doing with the bandits, or Qtalda's hunt for her and Melter's plans to take back Maytag who'd no-doubt become very well known, let alone what Moss and Fata are up to.
You too, aye? Hope you're keeping your head above water over there.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2011, 01:36:00 am »
I could just have imagined the cries and screams at Bern's conservative stance and speculation that their relationship would disolve or that Bern might even take up the opportunity to be intimate with others or allow Maytag some kind of leeway provided she was discrete.  Then we'd all have been shot down by Brion's choice of a beautiful and well in-character response that just seemed to wash it all away.

Actually Bern gets my whole support in her views on relationship, still I'm rather sure that the bubble will burst soon, if May will get her own show(still a radio jester show sounds a bit ridiculous, or it will be May sex talk corner for all virgins out there female/male to give them advice in relationships) there's one thing Bern should do, take Crest and get from Eschelon as far she can for training or her father search, since I'm pretty sure that May, being limited sexually only to Bern, will go fully into her exhibicionistic side during radio talks, which will include things about Bern for sure and their love life, or May past love life experience when she cheated on Bern with interesting people :P

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2011, 02:50:18 am »

Thanks, man.  Those are some nice comments.

I too would like to see more people posting, even if it's negative stuff.  It's been a little too quiet around here lately.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2011, 06:05:14 am »

Thanks, man.  Those are some nice comments.

I too would like to see more people posting, even if it's negative stuff.  It's been a little too quiet around here lately.

Major holidays tend to do that. Maytag wanting her own show does NOT surprise me. She's first and foremost an entertainer. She HAD her own show back in Crest's home town. Just after the ending of her show is where they met after all. (Took Crest a long time and a lot of courage to ask her out too.)

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2011, 08:01:39 pm »
Just wanted to say that Maytag's lips in panel three are incredibly sensuous. That is all.
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.