Author Topic: Chapter 27: Discussion  (Read 45153 times)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: Chapter 27: Discussion
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2010, 04:22:49 pm »
...Glyph knows that Bern and Maytag are a couple and how Bern feels about monogamy thanks to Suspira's antics in the carriage ride... Surely he told his friends about the incident.

*meh* I do like the new development that we might see someone developing a crush on Bern as opposed to Maytag for once and May's reaction to it.

C'mon Bern! Get into the Showgram Spirit!
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

9_6

« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2010, 07:16:19 pm »
Yay!
More boobies censored by speech bubbles incoming.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2010, 06:24:26 am »
I think for anime that's just a japanese family norm where the kids regularly live at home and get coddled by their mothers until a late age. :P Man, I need a wife or mother that'll bring me cute little quiches.

So when is May going to become a jester radio star? Show biz is in her blood!

Ah, but if she is a radio star, will she even be a jester anymore?  She wouldn't need the suit to do radio.
What anime have you been watching? In every one I've seen all the adults are conspicuously absent. I've almost come to the conclusion that the Japanese are born without parents; as if they are all raised by an invisible stork.
I've seen a few where the parents are present, yet strangely juvenile. "My Bride is a Mermaid" comes to the top of the list. Evangelion ALSO has "parent" figures nearby. In most cases where the child(ren) live alone, the youngsters are already at Highschool or college, which has a very different cultural meaning in Japan than the west. (IE, they are already of "legal" age.)

As for Bern + Vennice, I don't think anything's going to happen. Bern is very monogamous and even with Maytag's consent, is going to feel quite uncomfortable doing anything romantic with anyone else or having anyone else do something romantic to her.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2010, 08:17:38 am »
I think for anime that's just a japanese family norm where the kids regularly live at home and get coddled by their mothers until a late age. :P Man, I need a wife or mother that'll bring me cute little quiches.

So when is May going to become a jester radio star? Show biz is in her blood!

Ah, but if she is a radio star, will she even be a jester anymore?  She wouldn't need the suit to do radio.
What anime have you been watching? In every one I've seen all the adults are conspicuously absent. I've almost come to the conclusion that the Japanese are born without parents; as if they are all raised by an invisible stork.
I've seen a few where the parents are present, yet strangely juvenile. "My Bride is a Mermaid" comes to the top of the list. Evangelion ALSO has "parent" figures nearby. In most cases where the child(ren) live alone, the youngsters are already at Highschool or college, which has a very different cultural meaning in Japan than the west. (IE, they are already of "legal" age.)

As for Bern + Vennice, I don't think anything's going to happen. Bern is very monogamous and even with Maytag's consent, is going to feel quite uncomfortable doing anything romantic with anyone else or having anyone else do something romantic to her.
It could happen if they both would get heavy drunk, we know Bern has weak head.
And Bern's need an admirer like that for some comedic relief.
Still I wonder who came with this plan/date, after all Glyph listened to what Bern told then in that carriage so he knows Bern only loves May and is loyal to her, and May is too fixed on Bern only too now.
So Moby knowing Bern likes girls from Glyph too should know other info about her.
A radio show where they would ask Bern about her sex life and how a girl sexes up another girl would be hilarious.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2010, 06:37:27 pm »
Bern certainly drinks heavily at times, but she's no light-weight.

Not sure what will happen with Vennice.  Maybe they'll play the pitty angle on Bern and tell her that Vennice can't get a date or something silly.  Whatever the case I think we'll see honesty from both Maytag and Bern in this.

It'll certainly be good to see Maytag and Bern interacting on a radio show.  Sure Bern wouldn't answer some of those questions, but I'm betting Maytag would answer them for her to Bern's horror and everyone's ammusement as she chews May out for it.

...This is certainly going to make Maytag and easy find for Melter.  Not to mention Moss and Fata if they're planning to chase them down.

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2010, 04:32:05 am »
Bern's alcohol tolerance is supposed to be legendary ;) so unless there's some more magical orgy-baths in the future, I just don't see it in Bern's character to have anything to do with Vennice. It's too bad but I can always hope something happens. Most new characters are all over Maytag so it's nice to see Bernadette get some attention.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: December 22, 2010, 05:07:51 pm »
I'm actually a little worried about more mind/behaviour altering spells being used on our heroes... Glyph wouldn't try it for fear of loosing his eyes but I'm not so sure about the others.  Heck, Suspira cast some nasty ones on a fellow student and didn't get expelled so you can obviously use magick abusively to a good extent without the law/phalanx coming down on you... Then again, the girl she cast them on might not have wanted to push charges or something.

Blue Dragon

• Slave Groupie
  • Stepping in a Slide Zone...
    • View Profile
    • Cerulean Dreams Graphics
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: December 23, 2010, 12:21:39 am »
I wonder if Bern would even go on a date with Vennice, considering her whole view of monogamy--though I guess if May asked her enough, she might just as a favor.

I'm kinda curious what's going on with Suspira and Crest are up to. I think she's starting get a crush on him, though it could totally be rebound. Still, it'd be nice for that poor kid to get some action :P

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: December 23, 2010, 07:25:57 pm »
Well... It is kind of a reversal for once.  Bern obviously wants Maytag to be with her only, but this might be the first time we've seen Bern with an opportunity to get some action elsewhere and Maytag is immediately encouraging it.

So, I guess its not a situation Bern may have considered previously. She's probably caught by surprise a bit.

Blue Dragon

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: December 24, 2010, 01:24:09 am »
True. It'll be fun to gage her reaction to the sudden attention :) This might be the what's needed to kinda get her to be a little more open to May's point of view.

By the way: Love the intermissions!

SparcMan

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • SparcMan's World
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: December 24, 2010, 08:08:51 am »
Non-Transferable. LoL!
I bet May felt a bit sad about that bit. :-D

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2010, 12:12:13 pm »
xmas pages were taken down temporarily... they'll be put into the misc section soon.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2010, 12:29:04 pm »
Some times I feel like Bernedette is a bit dim...
This free love thing isn't a shocking and new development in Maytag's personality. She's always been like that.
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2010, 01:00:03 pm »
This free love thing isn't a shocking and new development in Maytag's personality. She's always been like that.

To the reader, maybe.  Though plenty of people have made comments in the past wondering what Maytag would do if Bernadette cheats, so it's not like even the readers were sure about it.  But from Bern's point of view, Maytag has been keeping her sleeping around secret until very recently, even if Bern suspected it.  Therefore, it's only natural to assume that they haven't really talked about any of that stuff in depth yet.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2010, 02:14:25 pm »
What a shock Bern blushing and being surprised why May even thinks that she would go with such thing while having a proper relationship with her?
Actually I'm thinking that May is pretty dim here, she knows what Bern thinks about such things and how monogamous and loyal she is...
But I would really want to see how May would react if Bern would really cheat on her willingly without any charm/magic involved taking her free will, if it would even hurt her little.
Well she taken off charmed Bern from Glyph in that bath instead of going for a threesome...
Still I wonder how this will go, will Bern be opening a little from her mono shell?
My private views on relationships are more similiar to Bern's loyal monogamy than May's free love to tell the truth.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 02:18:17 pm by Kiran »

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2010, 05:19:05 pm »
@Kiran: I disagree. One of the fundamental character traits of Maytag is that she is honest with people. She doesn't lean on social convention and she doesn't censor what she thinks. She's been like this the whole comic. If Bernadette isn't used to Maytag saying something a little wacky and off colour once in a while, I don't see this relationship working out in the long run.

Blue Dragon

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: December 28, 2010, 12:47:41 am »
If May isn't hypocritical, she'll be fine with Bern sleeping with Vennice. It seems like May is trying to win Bern over to her side by allowing her to try out having a fling. You know, the whole "don't knock it til you try it" thing. So maybe May is extra willing to have this happen so Bern would be more accepting of May's own free love "addiction" (for lack of a better word.) I don't see her getting insulted or hurt by Bern sleeping with Vennice. I guess it could happen, but judging from her character so far, I think she's all for it.

FyreFennec

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: December 28, 2010, 10:59:58 am »
I think May should be pretty careful though. I can see why she might want Bern to loosen up but if she wants to remain monogamous she should probably respect that.

I hope Bern and May don't have any relationship trouble ahead, although it has been foreshadowed for so long.  ???

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 29, 2010, 04:50:49 am »
Bern is officially flustered and more than a bit irate. Aside from her lesbian preference, Bern seems to be quite puritan in her outlook. May already knows Bern is embarrassed by her sexuality, making loud announcements regarding it is a bad ploy to say the least.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2010, 10:00:00 am »
@Kiran: I disagree. One of the fundamental character traits of Maytag is that she is honest with people. She doesn't lean on social convention and she doesn't censor what she thinks. She's been like this the whole comic. If Bernadette isn't used to Maytag saying something a little wacky and off colour once in a while, I don't see this relationship working out in the long run.
Really I can say the same about Bern that her fundamental trait is to be loyal monogamist to her partner, she is also shy and kind of puritan in her ways, and May knowing about that still pushes Bern buttons for no reason other than her selfish idea of free love.
Somehow I think seeing recent page that May and Bern would work better as friends than lovers...

I just don't see Bern opening herself to May's free love idea, plus having lovers at side beside May, since Bern would never do that since she needs only one lover as her proper partner, or May staying in chained relationship to one partner she loves the most.

Simple for Bern sex only exist with her lover while for May sex is just a fun thing to do with other interesting people which she doesn't need to love to do that, and both these traits defne Bern and May.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2010, 10:17:58 am »
Well, that was anticlimactic.  :(

9_6

« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2010, 12:25:52 pm »
They'll never truly understand each other.
No matter how superhuman social skills may has.
That is the tragedy of flipside.
I'm on a horse.

Happy new year.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: December 31, 2010, 01:05:42 pm »
They'll never truly understand each other.
No matter how superhuman social skills may has.
That is the tragedy of flipside.
I'm on a horse.

Happy new year.

Thanks, Debbie Downer!

9_6

« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2010, 01:23:42 pm »
Well at least may has all her limbs together now.
She will keep them. Won't she?

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: January 01, 2011, 02:34:42 pm »
I liked the last comic becuase Bernadette seemed to actually learn something  about Maytag (however frustratingly belatedly).
But I feel bad for Maytag. She is so cute. She should have a girlfriend that gets her. 

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2011, 02:53:55 am »
I'm actually feeling pretty bad for Bern since she's learning now her lover is a girl who won't ever care if her girlfriend would cheat on her or not with someone, plus also she's encouraging it...

For me this is Maytag side I really don't like.

I wonder if love can really keep together such different people.

I'm hoping that Bern will give Vennice a chance or at least some one time date or something later.

akashayi

« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2011, 11:20:38 am »
Kiran, I don't think you can call it cheating if it's openly talked about and permission has been given.

Being ok with your significant other finding pleasure and having fun elsewhere doesn't necessarily mean you love them any less. ;)

and Vennice is cute, I kinda want her to go for it too. May is dabbling in monogamy, maybe Bern should dabble in polyamory. hah!

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: January 02, 2011, 11:39:18 am »
Polyamory? think I've been there...............oh sorry thats Tobermory  :P
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Blue Dragon

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2011, 10:18:25 am »
May is dabbling in monogamy, maybe Bern should dabble in polyamory. hah!

That's something I didn't think of (I'm a little slow on the uptake.) Good point, though. I mean, it'd make sense if May is willing to try something important to Bern, that it should go both ways if they ever want to truly understand one another.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2011, 12:28:48 pm »
Well, Bernedette wins again. And bordom is disappointment is had by all...

But seriously, cute update. I really liked Maytag's face in the last panel. It was super cute.
I was all, AWWWWWW!  :-*