Author Topic: Chapter 27: Discussion  (Read 45157 times)

9_6

Re: Chapter 27: Discussion
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 05:42:09 am »
Oh, it's a new costume?
I didn't even notice.

So instead of losing limbs, she'll lose parts of her costume now?
Works too.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 06:29:50 am »
"Modesty generation field" for Maytag? Make it super x-tra strength, and then maybe she'll feel just a bit "conservative."

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 09:59:42 am »
I guess Maytag will be getting a belt with some pouches to carry stuff around with her... Or maybe just a regular purse or bag.

I wonder what Crest is likely to spend his money on, considering he kept his clothes and (from memory) his gear was all in the carriage... hopefully he bought a shield or some sort of simple magick protective item.
Maybe, maybe, he gone to exclusive call-girl club and got laid!!!

That would be something, he would loose his pesky virginity when no one was looking :P

Brekkjern

• Erotic
  • Le fu-
    • View Profile
    • Brekkjern.net
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 06:59:36 pm »
"Modesty generation field" for Maytag? Make it super x-tra strength, and then maybe she'll feel just a bit "conservative."

I dont think even that will do it. :-\

Blackwolf359

• Cage Dancer
  • Pie.... Mmmmm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2010, 09:23:30 pm »
I'm afraid I don't like Maytag's new costume at all. I really liked her last costume the best; I'm just not feeling the bare midriff and low-rise pants.
Huh...Weird, I missed those details the first time reading through that and just saw the hat. I guess the hat is the most important part in my mind.
If someone pushes you into the abyss...Jump...And grab them as you fall.
~Wolf

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2010, 09:44:44 pm »
I had a sudden thought about Maytag's outfit and Bern's comments about it getting cold.

I wonder how a jacket would look with her outfit... Maybe more of a vest.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 08:43:54 am »
instead of a D-bag, belt or a bandoleir what about a assault vest with many pouches?
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Brekkjern

• Erotic
  • Le fu-
    • View Profile
    • Brekkjern.net
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 08:48:38 am »
I prefer wearing assault vests. They are so comfy! And in addition, you can have bulletproof plates in them as well. Also, a good MOLLE vest can give you plenty of room and you can move the pockets around as you please. It is brilliant! I wish i could wear them all the time :(

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 06:54:21 pm »
Poor Crest. He gets the spotlight for like one panel and yet again the other, more rambunctious characters push him out of the way. :(
But I am still riding high on Maytag getting her suit back so nothing could bring me down. 
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Brekkjern

• Erotic
  • Le fu-
    • View Profile
    • Brekkjern.net
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 07:31:24 pm »
Im glad she has her suit and the personality with her again, but you know? Crest has been a bit of an undeveloped character. I really think it would be awesome to see him develop a bit. Even just if he hangs around and does some training.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2010, 10:02:26 pm »
I think we've seen Crest develop.

You have to remember that its probably only been about 3 weeks since the start of the comic (not including book  0)...

*goes to calculate it*

huh. Around 23 days. Give or take a couple.

But yeah. Crest already seems to have become much more comfortable around women in that period of time.

@Brion: Just gotta say, I've been LOVING all the backgrounds we've been seeing. Not only in the last chapter, but this one as well.

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 10:08:03 pm »
Holy shit, that's even slower than QC time.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2010, 10:15:09 pm »
There was the first night when Bern fought Vulger
7 days that the Lashoar knights tested her for.
4 days travel to Brahma
4 days spent in Brahma
1 day Travel to Danzig's castle
1 day spent  in Danzig's castle
2 days spent travelling the rest of the distance to Eschelon
3 days repairing Maytag's arm

EDIT: Maybe throw in another day for Kin's funeral, Bern searching for Grant and Maytag getting a new suit.

Hey! Is that a sword on Crest's back?  Good to see him carrying one again.  Hell after all he's been through with Bloody Mary and Danzig, he probably doesn't go anywhere without it now... I wonder if it's enchanted.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:28:50 pm by charles »

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2010, 12:01:35 am »
Maybe he thought a little and bought himself a sword for Phalanx money.

Suspiria of course goes straight to May, figures, she too must love the new suit :P

I would want Crest to develop more around girls, like not with may , then maybe with Moby(shes too seems to be easy going) or moe development with Suspiria.
I wouldn't mind Crest getting some alone time with a girl scenario like date someone showing him this city.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2010, 12:04:02 am »

And I'm rushing in some scenes too.  Optimally, there are scenes I would prefer to have played out slower.

Im glad she has her suit and the personality with her again, but you know? Crest has been a bit of an undeveloped character. I really think it would be awesome to see him develop a bit. Even just if he hangs around and does some training.

You know what, I agree with you.  I have ideas for his character development, but I've been saving them for the Eschelon arc.  You'll be seeing more soon.  Not that he will suddenly become a badass or a ladies man or anything.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:07:53 am by Brion Foulke »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2010, 12:52:51 am »
I have a half feeling he might take some interest in the Phalanx.  They obviously have places for swordsmen with no magick ability.  Bern has noted that he's skilled with a blade so with further training from her and maybe some training in the phalanx he could become a member, much like Kin.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if he does just that and parts ways with Maytag and Bern.  He was sort of forced into this journey as a kind of soul searching mission and he appears to be doing plenty of that.

I'm trying to work out whats happening between him and Suspira.  Hanging outside her door, its almost like he was with Maytag early on, where he was trying to figure her out or even weight up the situation.  He appears to be showing that same concern here.  Possibly uncertain on how to proceed.

Enkida

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Baldur's Gate Portraits
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2010, 02:18:27 am »
You know, I feel like Crest is developing relatively well. Maybe not quickly but he has grown.  I find it interesting that he's now carrying a sword - he has potential. Bern has called him a promising swordsman and he thinks like Maytag - finding creative solutions to problems that stump others.

He still is all thumbs with the ladies, though. ;)

I want to know where the other half of Bern's magic sword is and what it does!
2 kids = no more comics, but you can still find me doing BG portraits now and then

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2010, 05:04:50 am »
I have a half feeling he might take some interest in the Phalanx.  They obviously have places for swordsmen with no magick ability.  Bern has noted that he's skilled with a blade so with further training from her and maybe some training in the phalanx he could become a member, much like Kin.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if he does just that and parts ways with Maytag and Bern.  He was sort of forced into this journey as a kind of soul searching mission and he appears to be doing plenty of that.

I'm trying to work out whats happening between him and Suspira.  Hanging outside her door, its almost like he was with Maytag early on, where he was trying to figure her out or even weight up the situation.  He appears to be showing that same concern here.  Possibly uncertain on how to proceed.

Yes, Suspira has proven herself a bit ... unstable, even on good days and she's still reeling from Kin's funeral. Waiting patiently outside her door is a good idea.

Brekkjern

• Erotic
  • Le fu-
    • View Profile
    • Brekkjern.net
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2010, 08:25:42 pm »

And I'm rushing in some scenes too.  Optimally, there are scenes I would prefer to have played out slower.

You know what, I agree with you.  I have ideas for his character development, but I've been saving them for the Eschelon arc.  You'll be seeing more soon.  Not that he will suddenly become a badass or a ladies man or anything.

Yeah, i agree. I dont want him suddenly to become awesome. That is Maytag and Bernadettes role. But at this moment, i feel we know Suspira better than Crest. I feel like he is a bit left out as a character in the comic that really does add a lot to it.

Im glad you are going to increase his part in the comic now though :D I really look forward to it!

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 10:25:56 pm »
Nah, we know Crest better than Nessy.  We've met his mom and know a decent amount of his history beyond just his personality.  Sure we know Suspira's personality, but she's just stands out more as a louder character than the more sullen Crest.  The only thing we know about her history is a quick tale in the intermission about browing up in a restraunt as a shy girl, breaking her seals and getting recruited by the Phalanx, together with her relationship with Kin.

Crest has made progress with his confidence around women and begun a process of finding his place in life by restarting his swordsmanship training under Bern, leaving home and going on this journey of, not so much self-discovery but probably more like independence and just generally experiencing the world.

...We can probably presume he's been getting more sword training by Bern off-screen between stories (Solstice to Brahma, Danzig's to Eschelon and waiting for Maytag to be healed in Eschelon).  It'd only be 1-3 hours a day and I think he started his training on comic day 4, so about three weeks of training.

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2010, 10:46:08 pm »

I suppose there is also the point where QC does random jumps forwards, sometimes - Jeph will take 4 months to do three days of time, and then jump forward 3-6 months. Flipside is contiguous, pretty much from day one to the present.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2010, 12:14:47 pm »
If we are talking about developing Crest's character, I'd like to put my two cents in here. As a Crest+Suspira shipper, I would like to say that I would like to see more of the changing dynamic that is Suspira and Crest's relationship. :)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2010, 03:02:01 pm »
I get the impression that the dynamic of their relationship, whatever it might be, is changing.  But yeah. We're not seeing it... which means either some future flash-back run... or a side-story.

I have a sneaking idea that we might see Dice turn up again and make a move to be with Crest... Actually, I'm starting to imagine crest might suddenly have several girls after him *PMSL*. Oh I do love the idea of the whole reversal of his situation.

Hell, I know there's a lot of mangas which have a male protagonist that several girls all fall in love with and fight for the attentions of... But its still funny nearly every time.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2010, 10:43:06 pm »
Hubba hubba girl humping funtimes!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2010, 12:52:30 am »
What book is Bern reading?

Also yeah, let's hope they won't be too loud so they would not disturb Crest, or especially Suspiria...
Well maybe Suspiria hearing them making out would go to Crest feeling lonely without Kin?
Of course if all of them are in one apartment being connected, if these are completely seperate rooms then it won't be a problem.

One bite on the ear and Bern is already hot and blushing, ah May knows her weak spots easy :-*

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2010, 01:58:45 am »
Heh. Poor Crest. Delegated to the Couch (or chaise lounge)... I know that feeling.

I think the book is called "SilverBoW"  Not sure if its a reference to anything.  I think a character in "The Wheel of Time" was called Birgite Silverbow.

Yeah. Once Bern and Maytag start making some noise, I think Suspira might come out to check on Crest or something.

9_6

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2010, 03:32:30 am »
Wtf is wrong with crest?
Does he, like, have the most massive erection in history that is so huge, it goes around his waist (ouch)?
Wat.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2010, 04:25:44 am »
HAHA.  For a second, i thought the same thing.  But he's lying on his side.  His head is to the side, and so are his feet... in fact, i think he's even rolled onto his belly slightly (otherwise his legs couldn't bed off the lounge like they're been shown.

9_6

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2010, 06:25:33 am »

imo

Edit: Oh wait, he is actually tied up.

Kinky.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:22:01 am by 9_6 »

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2010, 05:32:45 am »
I had a sudden thought about Maytag's outfit and Bern's comments about it getting cold.

I wonder how a jacket would look with her outfit... Maybe more of a vest.

Yeah!

I'd also actually like to see a more traditional jester outfit, one that isn't skin-tight all the way. But you know,  more frills, bells,  stuff to fly about when she dances and does her tricks. Perhaps a pair of fluffy, transparent pants? Ruffly sleeves and a row of lace around the cleavage? She could still show her belly.

*_* ...Now I feel like drawing fanart like that.
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."