Author Topic: Chapter 26: Discussion  (Read 44578 times)

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chapter 26: Discussion
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2010, 08:14:09 am »
The only mercy is that they didn't get caught. They may be playing fast and loose with Maytag's reputation, but the effects of this crime are likely to go unnoticed and unreported (the shopkeep wasn't looking ect.) But just because they won't get caught doesn't mean their unconcern for Maytag isn't kind of sad.  :(
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2010, 06:54:26 pm »
Interesting. So they're unaware of Fata Morgana and Moss' betrayal... Or at least, Melter isn't telling the Thin Man about it.

By the way the Thin Man speaks (presuming that is him) I'm now fairly certain that it isn't Shepard.  I am curious about his interest in Fata Morgana though.  He does seem to have a thing for the young girls, as these tend to be his favorite experimental subjects, and Fata was the only girl on Danzig's team.  But maybe her ability stems not from a curse or training, but because she's also a former subject... Then again, the relationship could be closer.

Ok, we're jumping around where everyone is from the last book but I'm predicting we switch to Bloody Mary for the last page and find out what she's up to since she was headed for Eschelon last time we heard.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2010, 07:46:20 pm »
By the way the Thin Man speaks (presuming that is him) I'm now fairly certain that it isn't Shepard.  I am curious about his interest in Fata Morgana though.  He does seem to have a thing for the young girls, as these tend to be his favorite experimental subjects, and Fata was the only girl on Danzig's team.  But maybe her ability stems not from a curse or training, but because she's also a former subject... Then again, the relationship could be closer.

Speaking of former subjects, I always remember when Maytag sees the pictures of girls that were possible victims of the Thin Man. The dark-haired girl she stops to look at reminds me of a young Umber.

Could Umber have been a victim? It seems unlikely but would be pretty interesting!

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2010, 11:57:13 pm »
If Umber would be Thin Man previous subject and her job was to spy/occupy May attention then I would be pretty sad, meaning she was betraying May from start, well we really don't know how far Thin Man plan and reach goes in reality.
Maybe Fata is Thin Man pupil and double agent(being a spy both in Danzig and now Moss teams), she goes with Moss but she's not his truly ally.
Also didn't Melter did something to Suspiria earlier?
I would love to see our main villain face in next page or at least some outline.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2010, 05:48:45 pm »
Hard to say.  There's a lot to happen in Eschelon already.  I think we might see the Thin Man revealed at the very end of this "book" with a setup for him to act in the next one. I'm expecting Melter to possibly reveal himself some more first and some information to come from Danzig and the castle.

There's Bern's father to find. Then discussion and stuff with him. The girl Suspira turned blue and bald (Lana) will likely turn up and I'm half guessing that Dice might also show her face here and maybe give Suspira a run for her money on Crest's affections.  All this while Moss and Fata continue to make mischief and Bloody Mary gets ever closer to Eschelon.

I also seem to recall mention of the conclave which is presently a member short.  I'm certain there's a story behind that.

But damn! I'm hoping there's some epic level sorcery battle in all of this somewhere.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2010, 05:15:15 am »
Well, certainly puts the whole "Melter is the Thin Man" speculation to rest unless "Thin Man" is the name of the organization and not the leader. Danzig's group seems to be a splinter organization.

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2010, 05:13:52 pm »
When Danzig mentioned Maytag resisting a spell, Melter wasn't that interested in her then. She didn't do anything beyond that, just seeing Fata was tricking her into offering sex and turning her down. Given the situation in where something was obviously going down, I don't know what high value this gives her, by figuring out something wasn't right and not going along with it. Maybe because she's adaptable under pressure.

I guess Suspiria not make the cut? Or maybe Melter got whatever he wanted out of her while they were alone.

Hans

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2010, 11:24:18 pm »
When Danzig mentioned Maytag resisting a spell, Melter wasn't that interested in her then. She didn't do anything beyond that, just seeing Fata was tricking her into offering sex and turning her down.
I think the spell she resisted was Danzigs bath tube spell.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: October 19, 2010, 12:22:16 am »
When Melter first visited, he probably only had a priliminary report on the group.  Age, sex, name, knowledge of any capability including sorcery.  Maytag's assessment for Dark Cell, most likely, wasn't finished and the main thing Melter knew when getting there was that a young, level 3 sorceress was available.  I'd say they probably don't get too many candidates who are both young females AND level 3 sorcerers.  There's also the matter that Suspira is a Genius and I'd easily presume that the Thin Man and Melter keep a track of those out there, particularly a level 3 one which is apparently quite rare.

Its possible that Danzig had managed to send in an updated report on the group, particularly on Maytag and her resistance to the bath spell, together with her successful assessment for Dark Cell, before he was overthrown and arrested.

However, I'm thinking that the Thin Man may have recognised Maytag's name when Melter told him, and its possible that The Thin Man hadn't read the report yet, waiting for Melter to filter candicates and present them to him after full processing.  By the end of this book the Thin Man should almost certainly be revealed, probably with Maytag in his clutches and a ready introduction for Dark Cell.

Hopefully we get a big-ass sorcery battle somewhere in there.

akashayi

« Reply #189 on: October 19, 2010, 03:26:25 pm »
I still suspect that Shepard is the Thin Man. I mean, just look at the guy:

...Well, maybe not. But it is interesting that Maytag is named as the high value target and not Suspiria, especially the way Melter acted back at Danzig's castle. So how does the Thin Man know about Maytag?

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2010, 03:59:30 am »
Shepard being the Thin Man would be the most obvious choice.

But maybe he is just his servant like Melter.

Well at least in this chapter we should have May kidnapped, then Bern should get her swords back, meet with father, and form a group which would go to save May, while May would perfectly join with Dark Cell and gain nice new power without any negative drawbacks like Mary.

But how Bern & co would find the Thin man base is beyond me, maybe they could read Danzig memories for clues...

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 20, 2010, 04:18:43 am »
Ah, I'd forgotten about the bath spell scene! I do also agree that the Thin Man seemed to recognize Maytag's name.

I don't know about Shepard being the Thin Man, but I DO know that Shepard is actually Vajra!

Observe -

+ =

;)

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2010, 05:26:33 am »
Ah, I'd forgotten about the bath spell scene! I do also agree that the Thin Man seemed to recognize Maytag's name.

I don't know about Shepard being the Thin Man, but I DO know that Shepard is actually Vajra!

Observe -

+ =

;)
Now that's just creepy, but an excellent use of disguise!

As for Thin Man knowing Maytag, one of his earlier "recruits" was Regina, The Manslayer, who knew Maytag and Bern (and was defeated by them.) The Thin Man is clearly tracking his experiments somehow.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: October 20, 2010, 03:44:00 pm »
As for Thin Man knowing Maytag, one of his earlier "recruits" was Regina, The Manslayer, who knew Maytag and Bern (and was defeated by them.) The Thin Man is clearly tracking his experiments somehow.

...do you mean Clairen the Man-Eater?

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2010, 09:09:46 am »

...do you mean Clairen the Man-Eater?

Yes, I do. Sorry, am terrible with names. Especially from characters who died a long time ago both comic and real world time.