Author Topic: Chapter 26: Discussion  (Read 44572 times)

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
Re: Chapter 26: Discussion
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2010, 09:00:00 am »
Her name is Moby.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2010, 09:34:54 am »
Since we all ready have "Ness" why not: Tay, Spey or Tweed?  :)
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2010, 10:29:42 am »
The guy's name is Smokey, right?

Ouch Glyph, you should be a bit more considerate here.
Seems other from the pack didn't like Suspi too much(knowing Suspi she was an arrogant genius kid before all the time).

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: October 05, 2010, 08:28:54 pm »
So that Moby girl is a KISS fan right? :P
This strip is rather shocking. Suspira's behavior can be real unpredictable.  :-\
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2010, 05:43:01 am »
"Impulsive" is the word I would have chosen, and now that she's actually "Home" and can focus on her mourning, the mood swings will only become more violent.

Poor Crest. I pity him. He VOLUNTEERED to "put up with her."

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2010, 06:17:35 am »
Glyph is acting just as unpredictably. Where was all this high-minded-empathy when he was spying on the girls through their clothing. 

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2010, 06:45:08 pm »
just had one of my Odd's thoughts......................could they not re-animate Kin? or am I just having  caffine withdrawl

There's also the matter of Mary's poison in his system. (She did scratch his leg before literally pounding his skull in.) It's amazing that there's a corpse to view at all.

And yes, Glyph is showing himself to have much more depth than just "pervert man."

Thats a good point about Mary's poison destroying Kin's body, but I'd hazard a guess that Suspira probably removed the poison the next day after she'd recovered, much like she did with Bern.  While it obviously takes some effort, it can't be too much considering she could still launch some serious level 3 fire spells and the "meteor drop" among other spells.

I'm glad to see Glyph has a bit more depth as well, but I hope he doesn't drift too far from the "cool pervert" Glyph we were promised.  He appears to be taking the position of "most popular on campus" but without being a total dick like most people who take that stance (Moby appears to have that role though).

...I wonder if we'll be meeting Lana any time soon.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2010, 01:21:22 pm »
Glyph was angry now two times one when he was accused he enjoyed 'raping' Bern in the bath and now this thing about Suspiria.

It will be interesting who real Glyph really is, a pervert who thinks with his little head or a compassionate guy.

Maybe we will learn something about his past, maybe he too lost someone close to him/or that person was raped for example.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2010, 07:01:39 pm »
Glyph seems to be Crest's opposite in a lot of aspects.

...you know. Something just occurred to me.  I kept wondering what significance the Thin Man's confiscation of Maytag D-bag could mean.  Obviously it powers Maytag down significantly in the present and means that Brion can make a new uniform for Maytag.  At first I just figured that the Thin Man would use the money or sell a lot of the expensive items and other things to fund his work.  Then I figured there had to be something more to it the Brion might use later and I think I just figured out what might be significant later on.

Maytag had a potion of possession in her D-Bag and its specially made from her spirit essence.

Not sure if there's a limit on the range of a potion of possession or certain other things the posessor has to do, but I wonder if the Thin Man could feed it to someone and force Maytag to appear, or if he could create a clone of Maytag and feed her Spirit Essence into it.  Could be interesting to see a new, under-powered Maytag VS a clone Maytag.  I guess the clone would use Maytag's 2nd costume which is probably in her D-Bag together with all her other "powered" items.

http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic/book0/fs12pg11.html

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2010, 11:03:12 pm »
I don't usually like Bernadette, but she is REAL pretty in the last panel.  :-*

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2010, 11:05:44 pm »
So the father sword hunt starts.

At least it seems that is what Bern wants to ask Glyph about, well they really need a guide, and Suspi is out currently.

I wonder if any other character from these 3 around Glyph will join our little adventurers group.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 07:22:01 am by Kiran »

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2010, 05:56:45 am »
Bern, sweetie. When a man kisses your hand, in many cultures, it is the highest form of praise and etiquette. Slapping him was wildly inappropriate. The statement about not wanting to be touched was far more than sufficient.

Then again, since it is hard to determine inflection and sarcasm while reading speech bubbles, Bern could just be "playing hard to get."  :o

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2010, 06:47:42 am »
Teheheheh, I love Bern. <3 Poor Glyph though, he didn't really deserve that slap.
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2010, 07:30:46 am »
Bern, sweetie. When a man kisses your hand, in many cultures, it is the highest form of praise and etiquette. Slapping him was wildly inappropriate. The statement about not wanting to be touched was far more than sufficient.

Then again, since it is hard to determine inflection and sarcasm while reading speech bubbles, Bern could just be "playing hard to get."  :o
If Bern didn't change her sexuality as we weren't looking, then I can understand her slapping a guy who acted so pervy around her earlier and now suddenly kissing her like that from nowhere, maybe there's different etiquette here in Eschelon compared to place they were earlier and this surprised her completely.
Or Bern didn't even been considering herself as a woman who may be courted like that by someone.
If we look at her previous experience in love she was always the one who initiated things.
But really maybe Bern has now a phobia of men touching her (no surprise here, since most of the guys wanted to rape her so far) or she still is really uncomfortable about Glyph of what could happen in the bath and resent him internally?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2010, 05:00:43 am »
I just suddenly realised... Bern is wearing a dress.  Has she ever done that before?

I'm guessing its a bit of formality for Kin's funeral

...So had he finished that picture of Maytag?  I remember him working on it a bit more after she left to check on Bern but the next thing I knew Maytag had heard he was dead and was crying that he'd never get to finish it.

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2010, 05:52:36 pm »
I just suddenly realised... Bern is wearing a dress.  Has she ever done that before?

I noticed that too. I don't think she's ever been seen in a dress before, hope she keeps it up!

Looking back at the attendees, it does seem all the women are wearing dresses, page 20, 21. Moby and her friend also appear to be wearing dresses. My thought was that it might be traditional for women to wear a dress at a funeral.

Back to Moss and Fata Morgana. I'm really liking them together so I hope we see more of what they're up to now.

akashayi

« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2010, 06:06:13 pm »
holy shit, she is wearing a dress. How did I not notice that? That's a trip

Back to Moss and Fata Morgana. I'm really liking them together so I hope we see more of what they're up to now.

I would guess... Mischief. ;P

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2010, 08:08:14 pm »
God I hate those two. I find them so... Boooooring.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:39:00 pm by RoninAngel »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2010, 08:52:47 pm »
I wonder what Fata will pick next... I'm thinking Bern and then Bern will be arrested for something Fata has done *shrug*

...Or Bern's father will spot Fata in his daughter's image.  From memory, Brion once mentioned that Bern and her father are quite similar to look upon (same hair with red and white), so even though he hasn't seen her for years, its likely he'd recognise her.  If Fata read Bern's memory then its also likely that Fata would know about him... or that the reason her and Moss are there is to seek him out since they know its what Bern and Maytag were travelling there for.

Yeah, I don't know what it is but Bern looks quite nice in a dress.  Maybe it's just something different.  I'm sure we'd think a common character would look good in trousers and such if they'd been known to only wear a dress.

COMPLAINT: We get back to Maytag's old costume with the "cute cleavage" AND ITS COVERED UP BY SPEECH BUBBLES IN EVERY PANEL!!! *cry* ::) :P

akashayi

« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2010, 09:02:40 pm »
COMPLAINT: We get back to Maytag's old costume with the "cute cleavage" AND ITS COVERED UP BY SPEECH BUBBLES IN EVERY PANEL!!! *cry* ::) :P

Right? Brion, you tease!

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2010, 09:05:07 pm »
Some indication of what Maytag's next costume might be like:

Chapter 4, Page 23 - UMBER: "For the next outfit, I expect something slinkier, sweets. Show off that irresistable body of yours!
MAYTAG: "Hehe, allrighty, I promise!"

Then again, we know a promise for Maytag is just a show of good intentions, so its a promise she might break to be a bit more conservative for Bern's sake.

Still... i have this image in my head of the next suit being a two piece, cutting out the mid-section.  That'll turn some heads *LOL*

Depending on how much money she has (or good will from the phalanx) she could get one with some pretty serious magickal enhancements considering she's in the main city to buy/order such stuff.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2010, 09:09:48 pm »

Right? Brion, you tease!

*meh* its not as bad as what he did back in THIS PAGE *lol*

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2010, 11:58:22 pm »
Just had an even more evil thought.

Fata appears to Maytag as Bern and manages to fool her unlike her attempt as Regina.  If Fata really did have the time to read Bern's memories, then she'd have an easier time of pretending to be her.  They have sex and Bern walks in on them, just in time for Fata to change the image so Bern sees Maytag with Fata (or someone else) and doesn't realise that Maytag has been fooled.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2010, 04:59:06 am »
I really don't like Bern in a dress, she just look so plain and common, her normal clothing style is really more interesting and suits her better.

Well I don't see a reason why Fata would want to fool May again, earlier she did that for experiment, but now?
Maybe she might hold some grudge that May saw through her illusion and will want to get her back at that.
And suppose there's no better way than having her cheat on Bern, or even better have Bern cheat on May, like for example Fata would disguise herself as that black hair mercenary leader which Bern loved at some point which she would know from her memories.

That's something I want to see in future how Bern would react if that woman would try to hit on her, maybe she still has that unrequited love feeling hidden deep inside.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2010, 06:48:05 am »
Fata Morgana couldn't crack Maytag.  That means Maytag might be a good candidate for Dark Cell, whatever that is.  It could be that Fata wishes to test her further to see if she can be cracked or if she's, without a doubt, the one to take it on.  Moss doesn't have Seraph's or the Thin Man's notes and research.  He was hoping the Thin Man could remove his curse.  Its hard to say if he betrayed Danzig because he was pissed off at never meeting the Thin Man, or if he has a plan and possibly stole something from Danzig or plans to follow and use Maytag because of her possible ability to enter Dark Cell.

I think Bern's dress is just for the Funeral.  They all seem to have work fairly plain, light-coloured clothing for it.

9_6

« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2010, 07:35:15 am »

I would guess... Mischief. ;P
Prepare for trouble. Make it double!

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2010, 03:56:53 pm »
I'd thought about her making fake cash and the like, but even though the "solid illusions" trick appears to be unique to her, you'd think that shops, in and around Eschelon, would have detectors or cash boxes that dispell magick in case other sorcerers try to put illusions on normal bits of metal, wood or rock to pass them off as coins.

I guess there are those who can't afford it so maybe they just look out for such stores.

Still no idea who's face is going to be on Flipside, Book 6.  Glyph is almost certainly Book 5.  Moss does seem to be showing up a bit more so its probably him.  Yeah, put me down for $20 on Moss ;)

EDIT: Easy check for concerned store owners, I guess, would be to bite and/or taste the coin.  I'm sure that good sorcerers could also put on some kind of metalic taste spell and a hardening spell for wood but it'd catch the noobs.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:59:05 pm by charles »

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2010, 04:48:14 pm »
Yup. Still hate them. They steal lunch at restaurants. A classy duo, that.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2010, 05:32:48 pm »
Fata and Moss were ugly looking people
But I can tell you people
They were the devil's children
Fata and Moss began their evil doing
One lazy night together in Danzig's keep
They kidnapped Maytag and
tested her for Dark Cell
Got clean away through a portal
And waited till the others arived
Fata and Moss advanced their reputation
And made the graduation
Into the petty theft
"Suffer and die" foul-talking Moss would holler
As Fata sorcered Maytag in the castle bath
Now uncle Danzig tried to keep 'em at home
They left him bleeding and asleep with Phalanx
And laughed about it all the way to Eschelon.
Fata and Moss got to the outer city and begun their crime
cheating and stealing
From every Eschelon diner that had pickles
They used to laugh about torture
But deep inside 'em they knew
That in the coming future
they'd make Maytag suffer
Pushing up toe nails or
tormentin' her psyche

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2010, 06:48:23 am »
Yup. Still hate them. They steal lunch at restaurants. A classy duo, that.

Actually, the crimes are petit theft and criminal impersonation.

In effect, she's stealing Maytag's good name as well as stealing lunch.