Author Topic: Chapter 25: Discussion  (Read 71936 times)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: Chapter 25: Discussion
« Reply #330 on: June 30, 2010, 05:23:02 pm »
Glyph's roll for sense motive = FAIL!

I think he strikes me as the type of person who is always complementing people.  He did this with Crest as well, early on.  While he's obviously a perv, I think he's just one of those guys who will tell everyone else how great and awesome they are and just play up a situation positively.

Maybe he's like Maytag and wants to be friends with everyone *shrug*
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 30, 2010, 09:48:04 pm »
May and Bern got into so many troubles as one person wouldn't get in whole lifetime, Suspiria got her dose too, and even Glyph got something in terms of possible unwanted rape of girls he just met who he saw promising each other love and loyality (I so hope that was his reason for that outburst earlier than pervy one where he would tell in such situation he would like to take action himself) and he might've been electrocuted to death.
And Crest is well boring for mer, an emo guy who gives some remarks, and that's all.
I would like to see him being injured, cut, possibly raped (well a bunch of women takes him hostage and rapes him and taking his pesky virginity or something), and all these similiar things which happen to our two main heroines, since he is a main hero of this story too so he needs some attention 'like that' from author!

Also Glyph and his sandwiches...
If he won't make any move on Bern and May he can stay in our adventure group and I can tolerate him for now :P
I want something happen to Crest...

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #332 on: July 02, 2010, 06:36:15 pm »
And Crest is well boring for mer, an emo guy who gives some remarks, and that's all.
I would like to see him being injured, cut, possibly raped

:'(

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 03, 2010, 08:29:28 am »
Well I just hope he too will get some action like Bern and May got so far in this comic at some point ;)

Also from newest intermission, bricks only look good in Bern's hands :D

Andrea

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 03, 2010, 07:45:57 pm »
I don't understand all the hate toward Glyph. I think he's a cool character, he's so simple and "regular" that you can associate with him easier than any other char.

Did you ever see BubbleGum Crisis? (Either the old OVAs or the TV series?)
My favorite char there was Lynna, but the majority of the fans hated that character, for the very reason that she was "boring", because she was the only "normal, regular girl" in the team.

Celia was mysterious, rich, intelligent, was involved with the boomer stuff etc...
Priss was your Bernadette, really, same traits.
Nene was the nerdy chick stereotype with super strong unmatchable computer skills

and Linna? In the OVAs she was just a gym teacher with no particular skills, worrying more about the income to pay the bills and not caring about Nene's romantic dreams. In the series she was the less strong of the team, getting involved as the last one and she was working for Genom as a lower employer.

Sorry for the big OT, yeah, I totally loved BGC. And I love Flipside. And Glyph rocks! (Altough I hope nothing happened in that house and that he's still him and no tin man or tin man minion)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 07:47:41 pm by Andrea »

9_6

« Reply #335 on: July 03, 2010, 08:06:41 pm »
How is glyph "regular"?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #336 on: July 04, 2010, 04:58:20 am »
Pretty much every character Brion has put into Flipside has some sort of flaw and its usually a flaw which makes certain people dislike the character despite other qualities they might have.

Glyph showed his flaw as a pervert pretty early on.  Sure he's since risked his life, taken some beatings, given other characters praise and done some very cute cowering... But first impressions last and his first impression pretty much hit on his flaw immediately.

akashayi

« Reply #337 on: July 05, 2010, 11:31:10 am »
man, I could go for an illusion sandwich about now

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #338 on: July 05, 2010, 11:47:15 am »
Where magick and swords fail you can always depend on Brick-Fu  ;D
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #339 on: July 05, 2010, 07:16:17 pm »
I wonder what it would taste like.

I mean, can Fata's illusions also simulate taste?

Illusion Sandwich Weight Loss Solutions tm

ludo

« Reply #340 on: July 20, 2010, 11:52:49 pm »
It would be a poor illusion if it has no taste.

Also, the idea of taste is subjective. Fata Morgana is tricking the brain to make him believe he's eating the most wonderful sandwich. She didn't create the taste, she just tell the brain that the sandwich have a taste.

- - -

After much reflexion, I found that chapter okay. It's like sangoku and vegeta fighting : they love to just don't move and keep watching each other.
But, also, there are a lot of things I do not understand and other things suspect. In a castle of illusion, nothing is true. But the mistress of illusions can wipe them away.

Man, it's a mini-matrix !