Author Topic: Nine Circles Of Hell.  (Read 10474 times)

bulmabriefs144

• Cage Dancer
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Re: Nine Circles Of Hell.
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2015, 11:04:39 am »
What are your thoughts?

1st Circle: Unbaptized people and pagans
2nd Circle: Those who are overcome with lust/the need to have sex 24/7/365
3rd Circle: Gluttons/people who eat 24/7/365
4th Circle: Those who spend a shit load of money on shit they don't need
5th Circle: The ones consumed with rage fight on the surface of the River Styx (greek mythology) and the slothful/ones who are lazy lie beneath the water
6th Circle: Heretics
7th Circle: The violent; the 7th Circle has 3 inner Circles
The Outermost Circle: Those who are violent against property and inanimate objects
The Middle Circle: Suicides
The Innermost Circle: Those who are violent against God, nature, and/or art
8th Circle: Frauds (seducers, flatterers, those who exchange money for spiritual goods, sorcerers/false prophets, corrupt politicians, hypocrites, thieves, sowers of discord, etc.)
9th Circle: Those who betray one who is close to them (i.e. a close/best friend, a relative, a lover)

I think there are better ways to gauge someone's level of evil than this.

1st Circle: Unbaptized people and pagans Isn't even that bad. And what about people who were born and died without baptism?
2nd Circle: Those who are overcome with lust/the need to have sex 24/7/365 Infidelity is far worse than nymphomania
3rd Circle: Gluttons/people who eat 24/7/365 (This should be first circle, along with excess of sex)
4th Circle: Those who spend a shit load of money on shit they don't need 2nd, except with regard to those who burden their loved ones with debt
5th Circle: The ones consumed with rage fight on the surface of the River Styx (greek mythology) and the slothful/ones who are lazy lie beneath the water (Move sloth to 3rd)
6th Circle: Heretics (Seriously, a person's religion is between them and God. It's not up to us humans to decide what is and isn't heresy, and certainly not up to some guy in a funny hat who wrote these circles anyway)
7th Circle: The violent; the 7th Circle has 3 inner Circles (sure, I can agree with that, except...)
The Outermost Circle: Those who are violent against property and inanimate objects I've kicked trees when I'm upset
The Middle Circle: Suicides Insult to injury. Life treated them bad, and now they get punished for it. Wtf?
The Innermost Circle: Those who are violent against God, nature, and/or art (Ummm, what about to people? )
8th Circle: Frauds (seducers, flatterers, those who exchange money for spiritual goods, sorcerers/false prophets, corrupt politicians, hypocrites, thieves, sowers of discord, etc.)  Goes in 6th circle. Rapists and murderers are far worse.
9th Circle: Those who betray one who is close to them (i.e. a close/best friend, a relative, a lover)

So basically, we have a list that almost totally needs to be reordered and which contains sins that aren't sins.
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison